PDA

View Full Version : February Meeting

SC Cheesehead
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey folks, what are the plans for Febraury?

Any thoughts on where and when for next month:confused:

SCCH

jarchie
01-29-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't know where the meet is in febuary, any thoughts on this guys??:help:

vonirkinshtine
01-30-2007, 09:16 AM
My saturdays look good throughout the month

Marauderman
01-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm all burn out of money and with traveling --so --I'm in for a local thingy ---Charlotte ----I'm still getting re-settled back in from the Fla trip--- haven't thought much yet about it---any ideas on ya'lls minds--------

SC Cheesehead
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't know where the meet is in febuary, any thoughts on this guys??:help:

Well, nobody's speaking up, so I'll throw out a couple of suggestions:

1. The Flying Saucer or the Rock Bottom Brewery down on N. Tryon. Both feature two of the basic food groups (beer and burgers).

2. One of the area NASCAR shops. DEI, Roush, and Petty Enterprises are all open on Saturdays.

3. Prime Outlets in Gaffney, SC. Right off I-85, about 10 miles across the state line. Several restaurants close by, shopping at the outlet mall.

4. The old standby, QS&L.

Other ideas? Let's hear 'em folks!:type:

SCCH

fastblackmerc
01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
2. Petty Enterprises.

I'm in for Petty Entreprises.

http://www.pettyracing.com/index_hi.html

vonirkinshtine
01-30-2007, 07:06 PM
what would be cool is if we could get a group tour at one of the NASCAR places!

*edit* I know someone that might be able to get us a VIP tour of Lowe's Motor Speedway! I can even ask about doing a lap of the track.

SC Cheesehead
01-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Well, we've got two votes for a NASCAR-related theme. It's a 4 hour drive from GVL up to the Petty Museum at Level Cross, but I'm game if everyone else is.

What's the word from the rest of you guys?

SCCH

jarchie
02-02-2007, 04:41 AM
I am in, Just let me know. I do however work at the NASCAR technical Institute. But no favors here, I don't even have a favorite driver. BTW, wouldn't look funny with a bunch of Mercurys in front of DEI? You do know they build Chevys there. Right?

Marauderman
02-02-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm in for Petty Entreprises.

http://www.pettyracing.com/index_hi.html

OK--Just for GP's---post up directions there from a main road...........

fastblackmerc
02-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Tom, got these from www.mapquest.com

You really need to get a GPS for the MM. :D

It's about 108 miles one way.

1: Start out going SOUTH on DERWENT CT toward HATTON CROSS DR. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto HATTON CROSS DR. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto WILTSHIRE MANOR DR. 0.3 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto HAMILTON RD. 0.1 miles Map

5: Turn LEFT onto STEELE CREEK RD / NC-160. 1.1 miles Map

6: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto NC-49 N / S TRYON ST. Continue to follow NC-49 N. 4.3 miles Map

7: Merge onto I-485 E toward I-77 / COLUMBIA. 0.9 miles Map

8: Merge onto I-77 N / US-21 N via EXIT 67 toward I-85 / CHARLOTTE. 11.6 miles Map

9: Merge onto I-85 N via EXIT 13A toward GREENSBORO. 74.5 miles Map

10: Take the NC-62 exit- EXIT 113. 0.3 miles Map

11: Turn RIGHT onto NC-62. 6.3 miles Map

12: Merge onto US-220 S. 6.5 miles Map

13: Take the exit toward RANDLEMAN. 0.2 miles Map

14: Turn LEFT onto W ACADEMY ST. 1.3 miles Map

15: Keep LEFT at the fork to continue on W ACADEMY ST. 0.1 miles Map

16: End at 142 W Academy St
Randleman, NC 27317-1502, US

fastblackmerc
02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
There are also a bunch of resturants in the area. From fast food to barecue, steak, Mexican and Chinese.

http://local.google.com/local?q=category%3A+restaurant s+loc%3A+randleman+nc&spn=0.054416,0.094748&f=l&hl=en

SC Cheesehead
02-02-2007, 12:19 PM
OK--Just for GP's---post up directions there from a main road...........

So, it looks like we're starting to come together with a plan.

Next Saturday would be the "regularly scheduled" meeting, correct?

If so, do we want to meet up somewhere in CLT for the drive up to Petty Ent. to meet up with the others?

Let me know time and location and I can meet up with you. (Just make sure you allow for my 2 hours up from Greenville.)

Hey, regarding jarchie's comment, "BTW, wouldn't look funny with a bunch of Mercurys in front of DEI?" Hey, I think I would be great....maybe even add a little class to the place.:D

SCCH

jarchie
02-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Is this for the 3rd or the 10th?

SC Cheesehead
02-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Is this for the 3rd or the 10th?

I'm figuring the 10th. What say the rest of you guys?

Tom, Russell, Jim, others, whatcha think? Talk to us guys! :chat:

SCCH

Marauderman
02-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Tom, got these from www.mapquest.com

You really need to get a GPS for the MM. :D

Thanks Jim--and your right --want a GPS for the MM --but it would take away from the gas money used to travel in the MM---

I''m currently trying to find ways to keep justifying keeping this beauty --looking ahead into later years---- expenses ----it may be difficult to keep----would you believe....

no decision on the Petty ride as yet--will decide later in week....

jarchie
02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I am in, are we going to Petty's or DEI?:help:

Marauderman
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I am in, are we going to Petty's or DEI?:help:

Actually We're not able to make it to Petty's--BUT

WE, are thinking of more something local ....like "Steak and Shake" , down south for a change --at 9700 South Blvd., just before I-485--

Kathy and I are thinking of that for a change --its a Dinner--something like years ago--for those not familiar---has great Steak Burgers and actually about anything you want-----

Though we'd try something a bit different and a bit south in the county also for a change-----------SO whose up ...........

vonirkinshtine
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
well....I'm working saturdays again so I'm out *sigh*

Marauderman
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
well....I'm working saturdays again so I'm out *sigh*

Your always working ----we might as well meet at your job sight---it would be better:lol:

SC Cheesehead
02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Actually We're not able to make it to Petty's--BUT

WE, are thinking of more something local ....like "Steak and Shake" , down south for a change --at 9700 South Blvd., just before I-485--

Kathy and I are thinking of that for a change --its a Dinner--something like years ago--for those not familiar---has great Steak Burgers and actually about anything you want-----

Though we'd try something a bit different and a bit south in the county also for a change-----------SO whose up ...........
Hey, I'm up for a meeting at Steak and Shake. Maybe we can do the NASCAR thing in March.

Tom, what time, around 11:30? How 'bout it guys, let's get together, I need to meet the new guys.:grouphug:

SCCH

vonirkinshtine
02-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Your always working ----we might as well meet at your job sight---it would be better:lol:

Anybody need any college textbooks? lol

Marauderman
02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey, I'm up for a meeting at Steak and Shake. Maybe we can do the NASCAR thing in March.

Tom, what time, around 11:30? How 'bout it guys, let's get together, I need to meet the new guys.:grouphug:

SCCH

About the only new guy to meet , if he shows is Archie--he's cool and on top of things- and I might add--a great tire changer---:lol: Thanks again Archie---which reminds me Archie---I need to show (point to) the other tire to change when done with the other ...again --:lol:

I think noon is best--allows time for all to get there---

I think its great Rex (SC Cheesehead) you want to travel so far to meet with us (any) and be apart of the MM community--What I feel bad about is that we are not so big anymore and not so many of us available--even the new ones or those who want to....can comit to meet...cough..cough...( local joke only--hop ya'll get it)-

-and yet you are willing to travel several hours to meet when you can--That in its self is way cool--not many here on this board would do that nor admit that--I appreciate it anyway--

I'm not saying nor telling you not to come--but I wish more would arrange to make their schedule to be apart of us for some car talk for a few hours..

After all--thats what it is about---The "what did/have you done" since we last met---and of course talk about personal things and eat a nice lunch--

SO what I am sayinfg is--We would like to have you show --It just may be you and me---with the Mrs M and Archie--whom I hope will come..

SO Who else is coming.......frdwrnch--where are you??????????

SO who is coming........to Charlotte at Steak and Shake..?--COunt Me and Ms. M as 1(2)

SC Cheesehead
02-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm planning on driving up, not certain is Ms. SCCH will join me. Myer, the offical CM Mascot is having some doggies surgery Friday and depending on how he's feeling, Terry may stay home with him.

I've been e-mailing Russ (Corpus), and he may come out this Saturday as well.

In any event, I'll see you and whomever around noon at the Steak and Shake. Even if it's jsut the two of us, there should be plenty of "stuff" we can spread:bs:

See you Saturday.

SCCH

Marauderman
02-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm planning on driving up, not certain is Ms. SCCH will join me. Myer, the offical CM Mascot is having some doggies surgery Friday and depending on how he's feeling, Terry may stay home with him.

I've been e-mailing Russ (Corpus), and he may come out this Saturday as well.

In any event, I'll see you and whomever around noon at the Steak and Shake. Even if it's jsut the two of us, there should be plenty of "stuff" we can spread:bs:

See you Saturday.

SCCH

Great Rex--We''ll see ya there--Anyone else---

Hotrauder
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Cheese, glad you guys are having a meet. Hope all goes well with Myer and you are well. Get Tom straightened out, no working on meet days. WTH is he thinking? Love you guys. Hi to Jim and the others I know and those I don't...yet. Dennis:2thumbs:

96DiamondVIII
02-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Had I thought to check on this thread before now, I would have tried to leave my tomorrow open...If it's usually the second saturday of the month maybe I can make a March meet, especially if a NASCAR shop visit is involved...will keep my eyes open.

frdwrnch
02-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Damn, asleep at the wheel again. Yeah I'll be there on saturday with info on my open house next month. Look forward to seeing y'all!

Marauderman
02-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Well, its late but like most of us--I too have been reading up on stuff here on the board and doing things .It was a great meet today--we had both Russ's and SC Cheesehead and us.......and bringing up the rear--Archie--he did not show--but will have something to show for not showing---will let him show and explain later-

Anyway-- we had a good time at a new place and talked about car stuff-what else--and enojoyed each others company and food----

Looks like next month --MARCH 17Th will be a great meet as well-

Seem our original member-frdwrnch--(russell) will be holding his open house at his new auto shop- thats enough--I am not telling any more--he will do the rest--

But remember the date--Oh Martyo----there is gonna be ALOT of BBQ there--hint!!hint!!!--enough all ready--I am in trouble aready when Russell reads this--I probably gone to far--it's his thunder--not mind---yall just better read and head when he post up--ya hear!!!!

See ya all next month----hey-MARTYO--- you reading this----BBQ--!!--Come on down and support another Marauder Member---!!

SC Cheesehead
02-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Cheese, glad you guys are having a meet. Hope all goes well with Myer and you are well. Get Tom straightened out, no working on meet days. WTH is he thinking? Love you guys. Hi to Jim and the others I know and those I don't...yet. Dennis:2thumbs:

Dennis,

Thanks for the wishes for Myer. He came through the surgery fine. In fact, we picked him up on the way up to CLT for the CM meeting. What a trouper! One day after major surgery, and he's mixing it up with a bunch of MM rowdies, gotta love it! :D

SCCH and :puppy:Myer the Wonder Dog (woof!)

JWLock
02-14-2007, 11:11 PM
I just got back from Seattle, so I missed out on this past weekend (which woulda been cool since its close to work).

However, this gives me a chance to detail up the ride before the next one :) I am in the slow process of cleaning it up and customizing it a bit.

I got the PI badge kit (trunk plate, front and rear window stickers) for it from a friend at a local Ford Dealership. I also got a pair of unique plates (thanks to a friend at the local PD), and mirror chrome inserts for the rear bumper. I am trying to get the "emblem mod" done as well. After that, its just tinting the windows, and keepin it looking sharp..

But here's some humor:
After I purchased mine via Carmax, the store on Independence has had a run on Marauders. Since I took delivery of mine, 7 have been sold in Charlotte through the same location.

And every last one of them came in with the same size tires all around, and the foam insert still in the rear deck. LOL

Marauderman
02-16-2007, 05:37 AM
I just got back from Seattle, so I missed out on this past weekend (which woulda been cool since its close to work).

However, this gives me a chance to detail up the ride before the next one :) I am in the slow process of cleaning it up and customizing it a bit.

I got the PI badge kit (trunk plate, front and rear window stickers) for it from a friend at a local Ford Dealership. I also got a pair of unique plates (thanks to a friend at the local PD), and mirror chrome inserts for the rear bumper. I am trying to get the "emblem mod" done as well. After that, its just tinting the windows, and keepin it looking sharp..

But here's some humor:
After I purchased mine via Carmax, the store on Independence has had a run on Marauders. Since I took delivery of mine, 7 have been sold in Charlotte through the same location.

And every last one of them came in with the same size tires all around, and the foam insert still in the rear deck. LOL

It would be great to find out the owners of those other 7 Marauders in our area--we could use some more new members----think there is a way?????

JWLock
02-16-2007, 06:42 AM
I wonder about that too. I know one of them was purchased by one of the guys who works there, so that may be an easy pickings for at least one new member. Beyond that, I am not sure what else we could do. I may talk to my contact there to see if maybe they can hand out little cards with the website address on them to anyone else who buys one.

And another side note:
I put the badging on the car yesterday (trunk badge and window stickers), then on the way to Chik-Fil-A, a State Trooper was behind me. All of the sudden, he took off to respond to a stopped vehicle. Friend at the local PD said "oh, they don't care about that anymore. They know people buy em at the dealerships all the time". :)

And I talked to Daniel at Colex. He still has some of the grille badges left. I am just waiting on info on how to order it.

fastblackmerc
02-16-2007, 07:39 AM
You might want to check with CARmotorsports. They have some front & rear badges also.