PDA

View Full Version : Stainlees Works Headers Group Buy

maraudernkc
02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I am going to open up a group Buy on Stainless Works Headers. These Headers are made in the USA and they use T304 that comes from the USA.

The retail price is $880.90 per set. My price is far below that. I can't lsit my price here. You will have to call or pm me for the price. I have to sell 5 sets for this deal. I have 1 set sold. I need 4 more sets. Stainless Works also has complete exhaust systems for the Marauder including the tail pipes. These Headers come in 1 5/8 x 2 1/2 or 1 5/8 x 3

I want you guys to know that I always offer the best price and that there is a 4 week lead time on this deal.

Becuase of the low margin in this deal. If you use Paypal, I will have to charge 3%. Sorry!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/superchargemyride/2003mercurymarauder.jpg?t=1170 361440
Underneath the car shot
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/superchargemyride/Headersunder.jpg?t=1170351823

O's Fan Rich
02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Greg, ceramic coated?....

magindat
02-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Woohooo! :burnout:
I'm in!
Killer deal!
:awe:
If you don't take advantage of this deal, yer :loco: !

Thanks for taking the call, Greg. Nice talking to you, as always. Let me know when to paypal and where. The timing of this GB could not have been better for me!
Thanx again, man.
Rich

O's Fan Rich
02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Anyone wanna buy my Cobra manifolds and x-pipe?

They will be available if 2 more sign on to this.

maraudernkc
02-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Below are part numbers and the diffrent options with retail pricing. Call for the kiiler deal!

Part #MAUHDR
2003-2005 Mercury Marauder headers. 1 5/8" primary tubes with 3" od collectors-headers only. Long tube design makes great power and mid range torque. 3/8" s/s CNC laser cut flanges are port matched to the cylinder head for optimal flow and maximum performance. Will require cutting, welding and fabricating to connect to stock or aftermarket exhaust systems.
4.6L
2003-2004
Retail $880.90

Part # MAUHDROR
2003-2005 Mercury Marauder headers. 1 5/8" primary tubes with 2 1/2" od collectors and 2 1/2" lead pipes-no converters-for off road use only. Long tube design makes great power and mid range torque. 3/8" s/s CNC laser cut flanges are port matched to the cylinder head for optimal flow and maximum performance.
4.6L
2003-2004
Retail $1,101.40

Part # MAUCAT
2003-2005 Mercury Marauder headers. 1 5/8" primary tubes with 2 1/2" od collectors and 2 1/2" lead pipes with high flow converters. Long tube design makes great power and mid range torque. 3/8" s/s CNC laser cut flanges are port matched to the cylinder head for optimal flow and maximum performance.
4.6L
2003-2004
Retail $1,432.15

Part # MAUEX
2003-2005 Mercury Marauder exhaust system. Designed to work with Stainless Works headers. 3" header pipes, 3" x pipe, straight through turbo mufflers with 2 1/2" tailpipes. Factory style tips. Includes all clamps and hangers. For use with “MAUHDR” headers and hi-flow cats if needed at additional cost.
4.6L
2003-2004
retail $991.15

magindat
02-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes, please call now. Operators are standing by.

The two Rich's are waiting for you!

Only 2 to go!!!!!

High-C
02-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Part #MAUHDR
2003-2005 Mercury Marauder headers. 1 5/8" primary tubes with 3" od collectors-headers only. Long tube design makes great power and mid range torque. 3/8" s/s CNC laser cut flanges are port matched to the cylinder head for optimal flow and maximum performance. Will require cutting, welding and fabricating to connect to stock or aftermarket exhaust systems.
4.6L
2003-2004
Retail $880.90

Part # MAUEX
2003-2005 Mercury Marauder exhaust system. Designed to work with Stainless Works headers. 3" header pipes, 3" x pipe, straight through turbo mufflers with 2 1/2" tailpipes. Factory style tips. Includes all clamps and hangers. For use with “MAUHDR” headers and hi-flow cats if needed at additional cost.
4.6L
2003-2004
retail $991.15

Would this kit combo be too much for a N/A car? Does the lack of backpressure outweigh the benefits of the 3" system? Please excuse my ignorance but I want to definitely do the headers but I am torn on the rest. I like the 3" though...

magindat
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Would this kit combo be too much for a N/A car? Does the lack of backpressure outweigh the benefits of the 3" system? Please excuse my ignorance but I want to definitely do the headers but I am torn on the rest. I like the 3" though...

The reduction from 3" to 2-1/2" at the tails creates enough back pressure. It'll sound wicked and be ready for forced induction. You'll gain a bunch of HP and a little torque.

Re-read your post:
I have 2-1/2" pipes to the mufflers and then to the stock tails. You'll need fabrication to mate the headers to the stock pipes any ways. You need to decide if you have a good shop to mate the headers to whatever you have or if you need a bolt-together kit. I am of the ilk that I like custom and I like hanging out under the car with my buddy Mario. I think that's your real decision if you are already sold on the headers. Of note: My time with Mario is more enjoyable and cheaper than the SW kit. YMMV.

maraudernkc
02-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Rich, that runs $262.00

Greg, ceramic coated?....

Zack
02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Im in for a set of headers.
Thanks Greg.

High-C
02-01-2007, 02:53 PM
The reduction from 3" to 2-1/2" at the tails creates enough back pressure. It'll sound wicked and be ready for forced induction. You'll gain a bunch of HP and a little torque.

Re-read your post:
I have 2-1/2" pipes to the mufflers and then to the stock tails. You'll need fabrication to mate the headers to the stock pipes any ways. You need to decide if you have a good shop to mate the headers to whatever you have or if you need a bolt-together kit. I am of the ilk that I like custom and I like hanging out under the car with my buddy Mario. I think that's your real decision if you are already sold on the headers. Of note: My time with Mario is more enjoyable and cheaper than the SW kit. YMMV.

Thanks man... I think I'm going to put a lot of time and effort into doing it right the first time. I need to save up quite a few ducketts and do more research but I think it'll be worth it in the end. I'm thinkin' SS works headers w/ 3 inch collectors 3" high flow cats and x-pipe to 3" two chamber flowmasters out to 2-1/2" over the axle into 4" tips... That should sound pretty good. :cool: - C

O's Fan Rich
02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Rich, that runs $262.00

Greg,
I'll buy the headers now and get them coated locally.... I'm treading on thin ice with the lovely Michelle as it is.:nono:

mpearce
02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Greg, if you don't mind, I'll post pix of my Stainles Works Headers from my gallery.

If no one has seen these before, here's another look. Mine are ceramic coated.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/browseimages.php?do=browseimag es&c=3&userid=2114&page=5

-Mat

maraudernkc
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
This is the list that I have so far of members wanting Stainless Works Headers. Let me know if this is correct thus far. I will run this Group Buy through Monday and will need to wrap it up after that. There is a 4 week lead time and racing season is around the corner. I want to get these orders in next week.

GROUP BUY ENDS MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Rich Long (Headers only 2 1/2")
2. magindat (Headers only 2 1/2")
3. Zack ( Headers only 2 1/2")
4. High-C (Are you in? If so, what would you like)
5. HwyCruiser (????????????????????????????? ???)

maraudernkc
02-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Mat, thanks for posting.:)

Greg, if you don't mind, I'll post pix of my Stainles Works Headers from my gallery.

If no one has seen these before, here's another look. Mine are ceramic coated.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/browseimages.php?do=browseimag es&c=3&userid=2114&page=5

-Mat

gonzo50
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Are these also required to use a spacer on the engine mount for clearance issues like the Kooks ? :confused:

Are the fit of these headers real tight on clearances all around ?

I like a direct replacement to stock ones with no modifications. "Thanks".

maraudernkc
02-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Can someone chime in that has installed a set of Stainless Works headers on the below issues? Tom?

Are these also required to use a spacer on the engine mount for clearance issues like the Kooks ? :confused:

HwyCruiser
02-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Dammit Greg - just when I thought I was done. OK, now I'm confused. Which pn is for the headers only 2-1/2" collectors?

Also, I take it the headers aren't flanged, so how much work would it be to modify the x-pipe that comes with the DR Cobra exhaust kit to mate up the the SW headers? Anybody?

maraudernkc
02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
JD, The below part number will get you 2 1/2 or 3" collectors. I have to let them know what size collector tube. The headers are not flanged. That's all I can answer. I just sell the swizzle!:help:

Part #MAUHDR

Dammit Greg - just when I thought I was done. OK, now I'm confused. Which pn is for the headers only 2-1/2" collectors?

Also, I take it the headers aren't flanged, so how much work would it be to modify the x-pipe that comes with the DR Cobra exhaust kit to mate up the the SW headers? Anybody?

Zack
02-01-2007, 06:24 PM
What spacer does the Kooks system utilize???
Probably, headers aint easy!
Highly unlikely

KillJoy
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Good talkin w/ you Greg ;)

KillJoy

LVMarauder
02-01-2007, 07:58 PM
A stock Marauder does not make 350 Hp. Those are before and after with a SC right?

94_302
02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
A stock Marauder does not make 350 Hp. Those are before and after with a SC right?

Read above the chart next to the graph, yeah it says it's a blown Marauder.

RedMerc04
02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Anyone wanna buy my Cobra manifolds and x-pipe?

They will be available if 2 more sign on to this.
About how much are you lookin for? If I can afford it Ill probably be able to pull it off in about a week or so..
Thanks,
Matt

Herco23
02-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I would love to buy them, but are thouse headers smog legal? Sorry, but I live in California and Smoging cars is a pain in the rear end.

O's Fan Rich
02-02-2007, 03:32 AM
About how much are you lookin for? If I can afford it Ill probably be able to pull it off in about a week or so..
Thanks,
Matt

Let me finalize the plans for the exhaust after the headers. I may be re-using the x pipe and cats.
You've got 1st rights to it. And we're looking at early to mid march until these headers arrive anyway.
PM me when you get the chance.

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Thanks man... I think I'm going to put a lot of time and effort into doing it right the first time. I need to save up quite a few ducketts and do more research but I think it'll be worth it in the end. I'm thinkin' SS works headers w/ 3 inch collectors 3" high flow cats and x-pipe to 3" two chamber flowmasters out to 2-1/2" over the axle into 4" tips... That should sound pretty good. :cool: - C

Just something to consider, my engine builder advised me with our engines NOT to go to a 3" system. He recommended a 2.5" system all the way back, other than the tips. That is what I did and it has worked out great. Too small a motor for a 3" exhaust. According to him (Al Papitto, Boss 330 Racing Engines) he said the loss of backpressure will cause a great loss of horsepower and torque.

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 06:55 AM

I had no installment issues at all. No spacer, engine mount issues or anything else. They are a PITA to install, but once installed they fit perfect. Tolerances are close, in particular near the steering rod, but noting hits.

O's Fan Rich
02-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Just something to consider, my engine builder advised me with our engines NOT to go to a 3" system. He recommended a 2.5" system all the way back, other than the tips. That is what I did and it has worked out great. Too small a motor for a 3" exhaust. According to him (Al Papitto, Boss 330 Racing Engines) he said the loss of backpressure will cause a great loss of horsepower and torque.

But a 3" collector would be ok, then a 2.5 exhaust...right?

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 06:58 AM

JD, I had the DR Cobra manifolds, X-pipe systems. The x-pipe was modified by my exhaust guy to my 2.5" system. But also I had the QTP Electric cut-outs installed. He said it was not difficult.

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 06:59 AM
But a 3" collector would be ok, then a 2.5 exhaust...right?

I guess, your exhaust guy would have to put in a reducing pipe from 3" to 2.5". I ordered the 2.5" collector and it worked fine.

FordNut
02-02-2007, 07:09 AM
"Thanks".

Kooks do not require any spacers. Cobra Shorty headers require a spacer.

FordNut
02-02-2007, 07:11 AM
I would love to buy them, but are thouse headers smog legal? Sorry, but I live in California and Smoging cars is a pain in the rear end.
No. There is no exhaust upgrade for the Marauder that has been CARB certified.

Zack
02-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Kooks do not require any spacers. Cobra Shorty headers require a spacer.

Actually, I ran the FRPP headers on my car with no spacer.
It is really close clearances, but it didnt hit anything.

O's Fan Rich
02-02-2007, 07:16 AM
I guess, your exhaust guy would have to put in a reducing pipe from 3" to 2.5". I ordered the 2.5" collector and it worked fine.

You're probably right, Tom. My "official' order can be changed.
Do these units come with any sort of hookups? I don't see a flange on the ends. The FPA Tri-Y's I have for my FE Mustang have a nice ball and flange on the ends of the collector. Nice.

Thanks.

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 07:22 AM
You're probably right, Tom. My "official' order can be changed.
Do these units come with any sort of hookups? I don't see a flange on the ends. The FPA Tri-Y's I have for my FE Mustang have a nice ball and flange on the ends of the collector. Nice.

Thanks.

No Rich, they are just straight flanged collectors. But again, not a problem at all for a good exhaust guy.

magindat
02-02-2007, 07:24 AM
I just called my exhaust guy. He's a friend and as such my pricing is excellent. We will be installing the headers (I get to/have to help), making flanges to mate to my existing 2.5" exhaust and adding any short lengths of pipe necessary to finish things up. $350. He's a Mark owner and is very familiar and excited about 4.6 DOHC motors!

I'll be bringing gaskets, hardware and O2 extenders to the party.

I post this just to give others an idea of what's involved. Hope it helps!

High-C
02-02-2007, 07:26 AM

Is this the consensus? Can anyone chime with a 3" system installed? Maybe I will be better off with the 2-1/2...

O's Fan Rich
02-02-2007, 07:26 AM
I have some Grand ideas in mind for mine....

magindat
02-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Is this the consensus? Can anyone chime with a 3" system installed? Maybe I will be better off with the 2-1/2...

You'd really be best off with 2.5".

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 07:36 AM
You'd really be best off with 2.5".

I agree. In this case, bigger is not better.:D

maraudernkc
02-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I talked to Stainless Works and there are no Spacers needed and these bolt right on. Someone asked if it was tight. Hell ya it's tight. I am trying to get a fixed shipping cost to make things easier. I will get a copy of the Instructions and post them.

Thanks,

O's Fan Rich
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Greg, I'm gonna follow Tom's advice and change my order to the 2.5 inch collector.

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 09:20 AM
I had no installment issues at all. No spacer, engine mount issues or anything else. They are a PITA to install, but once installed they fit perfect. Tolerances are close, in particular near the steering rod, but noting hits.

Tom, who did your install? Any idea what a fair ball park price would be to replace my cobra mainfolds and utilize my existing Magnaflow high flow cats, X pipe and full 2.5" system as you did, minus the cutouts. I'm an old chicken.
Dennis

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Tom, who did your install? Any idea what a fair ball park price would be to replace my cobra mainfolds and utilize my existing Magnaflow high flow cats, X pipe and full 2.5" system as you did, minus the cutouts. I'm an old chicken.
Dennis

My race shop J&J Performance installed mine. The price included a lot of other work so i really don't know what the price would be. DR could help you out there without a problem I'm sure

maraudernkc
02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
GROUP BUY ENDS MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Rich Long (Headers only 2 1/2")
2. magindat (Headers only 2 1/2")
3. Zack ( Headers only 2 1/2")
4. High-C (Are you in? If so, what would you like)
5. HwyCruiser (????????????????????????????? ???)
6. Lou (Headers 2 1/2 with coating)
7. fordfrk (Headers only 2 1/2)

magindat
02-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Dennis

Dennis,
I don't know who's closer or more convenient, but I'm sure Mario could help for close to the same as mine. He has a muffler shop just south of me in Port St. Lucie, FL. and has done ALL of my exhaust work.
Rich

Disclaimer: Helping friends here. No disrespect to any vendors!

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Dennis,
I don't know who's closer or more convenient, but I'm sure Mario could help for close to the same as mine. He has a muffler shop just south of me in Port St. Lucie, FL. and has done ALL of my exhaust work.
Rich

Disclaimer: Helping friends here. No disrespect to any vendors!

Rich, exhaust work is one thing, installing headers does require mechanic skills. You might ask if he has ever done this before. Installing long tubes is a real PITA.

O's Fan Rich
02-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Installing long tubes is a real PITA.

And I'm looking forward to it!!!

magindat
02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Rich, exhaust work is one thing, installing headers does require mechanic skills. You might ask if he has ever done this before. Installing long tubes is a real PITA.

Definately has. He's like THE performance exhaust guy in this town. We talked on the phone for like 1/2 hour. HE told ME about having to jack the motor. He knows his stuff. I've seen (and heard) TONS of his work around here. Thanx for the caution, but you know how we car guys get! Mario is #1 for me for exhaust! Bonus to me is his small shop and he lets me help! I definately would not have stepped on the limb and offered to my friend HOTRAUDER unless I had 100% confidence.

I can't freakin wait. It's gonna be a long 4 weeks!

maraudernkc
02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I Have Worked Out A Flat Shipping Rate Of $25.00 For Headers Only

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Rich, I really appreciate the offer and if you will confirm with Mario that he is willing to do the job while you help and have a beer and I have a beer and look like I know what the heck is going on... it is a go. Thanks again. I owe you another. I am keeping score. :D I just had my Art Carr Level 2 and rear engine cooling mods installed. Finished yesterday afternoon...and...WOW. You are right. Thanks. Dennis

Zack
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I Have Worked Out A Flat Shipping Rate Of $25.00 For Headers Only

Thats awesome.
When do you need credit card #'s?

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Tom, I will let Mario practice on Rich's...then do mine. Ha Ha :rofl: Dennis...
Rich knows I am kidding, I hope.

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Greg, I am in for 1 and 5/8 X 2 and 1/2. With ceramic. I believe the value of ceramic coating is holding heat in the exhaust and there by improving flow rates? Anyone who can enlighten me on this? Thanks. I want it but not just for BLING...I hate bling.:eek: :rofl: Dennis

Greg, how and when do we pay? Thanks

Zack
02-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I think Ceramic coating is a waste, especially on something that will never rust.
My Kooks aren't coated, nor do I have a starter heat shield and have never had a problem.

O's Fan Rich
02-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Greg, I am in for 1 and 5/8 X 2 and 1/2. With ceramic I think. I believe the value of ceramic coating is holding heat in the exhaust and therby improving flow rates? Anyone who can enlighten me on this? Thanks. I want it but not just for BLING...I hate bling.:eek: :rofl: Dennis

Greg, how and when do we pay? Thanks

Hey Big Guy... are you in the stew with the lovely Penny as much as I am with my little beauty?

I'm gonna have to sleep with a steel cup !

magindat
02-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Rich, I really appreciate the offer and if you will confirm with Mario that he is willing to do the job while you help and have a beer and I have a beer and look like I know what the heck is going on... it is a go. Thanks again. I owe you another. I am keeping score. :D I just had my Art Carr Level 2 and rear engine cooling mods installed. Finished yesterday afternoon...and...WOW. You are right. Thanks. Dennis

After we do mine, and see how it goes. I'll give ya a call. Mountain Dew while working. Beer after!!!!
:beer:
After doing mine, he may wanna raise his price! :lol:

magindat
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Thats awesome.

x2. I'll paypal headers + shipping + those other parts we talked about whenever you're ready!

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
After we do mine, and see how it goes. I'll give ya a call. Mountain Dew while working. Beer after!!!!
After doing mine, he may wanna raise his price! :lol:

10-4 on the Mountain Dew. I thought that since we will get them at the same time I would shoot down, stay over nearby and we could do them both at that time. what do you think? Party time, Marauder style. Dennis:beer:

Cobra25
02-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I think Ceramic coating is a waste, especially on something that will never rust.
My Kooks aren't coated, nor do I have a starter heat shield and have never had a problem. Zack keep in mind that up by you the weather is alot cooler than down here. The ceramic Coating could be a added plus for us here.

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Hell yeah Dennis. Believe me, I know Rich and he is as anal as I am when it comes to our cars...but that is a good thing.:beer:

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 01:36 PM
x2. I'll paypal headers + shipping + those other parts we talked about whenever you're ready!

Rich, are you going with the QTP electric cut-outs?

magindat
02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
10-4 on the Mountain Dew. I thought that since we will get them at the same time I would shoot down, stay over nearby and we could do them both at that time. what do you think? Party time, Marauder style. Dennis:beer:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd have to talk to Mario some more to see if he feels 2 in one day is doable.

Weekday or weekend? Does it matter?

magindat
02-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Hell yeah Dennis. Believe me, I know Rich and he is as anal as I am when it comes to our cars...but that is a good thing.:beer:

That's exactly why when I find someone to do work on my car that's as anal and as excited as me, I become loyal!

Cobra25
02-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Put me in for One set of Headers a, 1 5/8 inch size 2 1/2 in Collectors with Thermo Coating.

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 01:58 PM
That's exactly why when I find someone to do work on my car that's as anal and as excited as me, I become loyal!

I hear ya buddy:D .

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Zack keep in mind that up by you the weather is alot cooler than down here. The ceramic Coating could be a added plus for us here.

Ah, that is what I needed. Not just a Bling Thing...Ha Ha. Sign me up for the "THERMO COATING!" Thanks Z. You are a genius, again. Dennis:beer:

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I'd have to talk to Mario some more to see if he feels 2 in one day is doable.

Weekday or weekend? Does it matter?

One one day...one the next if that works better for my new friend Mario. Doesn't matter for me, make it convenient for you guys. D:2thumbs:

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey Big Guy... are you in the stew with the lovely Penny as much as I am with my little beauty?

I'm gonna have to sleep with a steel cup !

Man, are you kidding. I have not been sleeping for a long time. I have my cup on my head. don't want to hurt anything I might have to use anytime soon.:rofl: Dennis

magindat
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Rich, are you going with the QTP electric cut-outs?

No, I'm not. I don't realy see the need in my world at this point.

I asked Greg to add good gaskets, O2 extenders and whatever hardware he discovers he needs when he does that first one. Since I am no headers expert (yet) I hope to rely on his experience to attain the correct and/or best parts for the job.

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 02:19 PM

I asked Greg to add good gaskets, O2 extenders and whatever hardware he discovers he needs when he does that first one. Since I am no headers expert (yet) I hope to rely on his experience to attain the correct and/or best parts for the job.

That is why I pay you the top buck, Rich. Thinking. These headers are Marauder specific so perhaps SW has this info on what we will need? I agree we want the best..and, I have no idea what that is. so, me too. D

High-C
02-02-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm in for a set of the Coated 2-1/2 collector headers... and any extras that I may need...

KillJoy
02-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Thats awesome.

Okay...I am in.

2 1/2" Collector - Non Coated

When do you need the fundage?

KillJoy

HwyCruiser
02-02-2007, 04:11 PM
JD, I had the DR Cobra manifolds, X-pipe systems. The x-pipe was modified by my exhaust guy to my 2.5" system. But also I had the QTP Electric cut-outs installed. He said it was not difficult.

Thanks Tom.

Greg, put me down for the headers only with the 2.5" collector. I'll get you a check this weekend while the wife isn't looking.

Asking the audience, do these need new gaskets? Anybody have an opinion on those Stage-8 locking header bolts?

mpearce
02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Zack keep in mind that up by you the weather is alot cooler than down here. The ceramic Coating could be a added plus for us here.

Not to mention, if you're trying to keep a color scheme under your hood (as I, and TJA have talked about before)...it's that much more of an added plus.

The pics I posted are of coated headers, and from what Al at SW said, they won't change color anytime soon.

Just a thought.

-Mat

RCSignals
02-02-2007, 05:54 PM
True and ceramic coatings also help keep heat in, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It isn't just for corrosion prevention

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Okay...I am in.

2 1/2" Collector - Non Coated

When do you need the fundage?

KillJoy

Killjoy, all this time jabbing others into mods...finally you fall. Ha you will find that there is no end and it will serve you right- you pot stirrer, you.:P :neener: :poke: :wflag: :congrats: :welcome1: :toast: :2thumbs: :burnout: Welcome the real fun is about to start. :D Dennis

KillJoy
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Welcome the real fun is about to start. :D Dennis

Check out my Garage (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4466). ;)

KillJoy

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Not to mention, if you're trying to keep a color scheme under your hood (as I, and TJA have talked about before)...it's that much more of an added plus.

The pics I posted are of coated headers, and from what Al at SW said, they won't change color anytime soon.

Just a thought.

-Mat

Your SW headers were a bright silver if I remember right. Mine are a darker gray. Maybe there is a difference in color available or the difference between ceramic and/or thermal coating. I had mine thermal coated by SW which I think were sent to Connecticut. My color goes great with my polished valve covers which worked out for the contrast I wanted in the engine bay.

Hotrauder
02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Check out my Garage (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4466). ;)

KillJoy

Oh, my. I believed your I'm stock. So you know full well that the first mod is only the start of the fun. Nice garage:2thumbs: Keep on poking. Dennis:beer:

maraudernkc
02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

MarauderTJA
02-02-2007, 06:27 PM

KillJoy

Yeah stock car:rolleyes: . Just like mine:D .

KillJoy
02-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh, my. I believed your I'm stock. So you know full well that the first mod is only the start of the fun. Nice garage:2thumbs: Keep on poking. Dennis:beer:

I just hope the Vettes and Mustangs around here believe me when I say that :D

KillJoy

KillJoy
02-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Here is where we are thus far

Pricing

Headers $695.00
Ceramic Coating $262.00
Shipping $ 25.00
Credit Card or Paypal add 3%

1. Rich Long (Headers 2 1/2")
2. magindat (Headers 2 1/2")
3. Zack ( Headers 2 1/2")
4. High-C (Headers 2 1/2" & Ceramic Coating)
5. HwyCruiser (Headers 2 1/2")
6. Lou (Headers 2 1/2" with Ceramic Coating)
7. fordfrk (Headers 2 1/2")
8. Hotrauder (Headers 2 1/2" Ceramic Coated)
9. Killjoy (Headers 2 1/2")
10. Peter (Headers 2 1/2" with Ceramic Coating)

I will leave this Group Buy open until Saturday night.

For those of you that will be mailing a check to save on the 3%, I will get you the address on Saturday. I am going to let my partner Dave at Injected Racing take care of this. All checks will be made out to Injected Racing.

Dave told me that he uses the stock exhaust bolts and the stock manifold gaskets on all the Cobra's that he does and they work great. Just an FYI.

What is the Paypal Email Address?

KillJoy

HwyCruiser
02-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Well heck, I just might have Dave put the headers on for me then and dyno the car while he's at it. Looks like a road trip to Springfield might be in the works for March. Cool!

maraudernkc
02-02-2007, 07:08 PM

Pricing

Headers $695.00
Ceramic Coating $262.00
Shipping $ 25.00

Send Payments to: Make Checks Payble to: Dave Lamberson

Injected Racing
4363 West Calhoun
Suite C
Springfield, MO 65802

You can call Dave Monday after 10:00 CST

For Credit Card payments call Dave at 417/873-9900 or myself at 913/302-5780

Can everyone one sound off on how and when they are paying.

1. Rich Long (Headers 3") Check sent 2/5/07
11. Cobra25 (Headers 2 1/2" with Ceramic Coating) Paid via CC 2/3/07
12. burt ragio (MAUCAT 2 1/2 with Ceramic Coating) Check sent 2/5/07

Dave told me that he uses the stock exhaust bolts and the stock manifold gaskets on all the Cobra's that he does and they work great. Just an FYI.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE MADE THIS GROUP BUY HAPPEN!!!!

tmac1337
02-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Put me in for One set of Headers a, 1 5/8 inch size 2 1/2 in Collectors with Thermo Coating.

STOP putting money into your car pal! Your pushing me.....pushing me......

Cobra25
02-03-2007, 07:32 AM
STOP putting money into your car pal! Your pushing me.....pushing me...... You Know you want it. What the heck, I'm faster than you now and will always be! :laugh:

KillJoy
02-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I will be paying by Paypal as soon as you say when to.

:up:

KillJoy

Hotrauder
02-03-2007, 09:52 AM
My check is in the mail to Dave Lamberson at injected racing. Thanks for making this happen, Greg and thanks to the other long tube buyers!:2thumbs: Dennis

tmac1337
02-03-2007, 11:08 AM
You Know you want it. What the heck, I'm faster than you now and will always be! :laugh:

My hat is off to you then sir....

This is an excellent buy, no doubt about it!

I have to pass though as my cash is already spent for this year....and you and Greg both know why:dunno:

Cobra25
02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
My hat is off to you then sir....

This is an excellent buy, no doubt about it!

I have to pass though as my cash is already spent for this year....and you and Greg both know why:dunno: I know why and Tim your doing the right thing. I really don't know if I'm faster than you but it doesn't really matter. Just having a little fun with you Buddy.

jwheeler
02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Count me in for 1 pair with the 2 1/2 collector. (No Coating)

Check is in the mail!

O's Fan Rich
02-03-2007, 05:16 PM
My check will go out Monday.

magindat
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Greg said stock gasket (if you don't tear it up) and stock hardware will do the trick.

YOU WILL NEED O2 EXTENDERS!!!!!

from Summit Racing
BBK-1676
Made for Mach-1 long-tube applications. Direct plug-in.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=B BK%2D1676&N=700+0&autoview=sku (http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BBK%2D1676&N=700+0&autoview=sku)

bout 35 bucks....

KillJoy
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Greg said stock gasket (if you don't tear it up) and stock hardware will do the trick.

from Summit Racing
BBK-1676

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=B BK%2D1676&N=700+0&autoview=sku (http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BBK%2D1676&N=700+0&autoview=sku)

bout 35 bucks....

Thanks for the heads-up Rich :up:

KillJoy

Cobra25
02-03-2007, 07:29 PM
And why do we need these?

from Summit Racing
BBK-1676

bout 35 bucks....

O's Fan Rich
02-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm going to assume they have the "Bung" for tuning on them too.

Hotrauder
02-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Looking at the great pics in the link posted by Matt Pearce I do not see a tuning bung. Not a big deal if you have a competent exhaust shop as one can easily be installed on the connecting pipe from collector to what ever comes next in your individual set up. I do wonder about reusing the exhaust gaskets. Any thoughts? Recomendations? :) Dennis

magindat
02-04-2007, 09:48 AM
And why do we need these?

The 02 sensor is moved further back in the car since there are 4 pipes still not yet joined where the original O2 wire will reach. The bung is on the collector which is further back than the original front O2 sensor.

magindat
02-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Looking at the great pics in the link posted by Matt Pearce I do not see a tuning bung. Not a big deal if you have a competent exhaust shop as one can easily be installed on the connecting pipe from collector to what ever comes next in your individual set up. I do wonder about reusing the exhaust gaskets. Any thoughts? Recomendations? :) Dennis

Gaskets are cheap. Get 'em for a Mach1. (I believe it has the same port shape.)

Hotrauder
02-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Found these on Summit Web Site and ordered along with the 02 sensor extentions. Hope they are the right ones.? :D Dennis

FMS-M-9448-A464 Exhaust Gaskets, Header, compressed Fiber, Ford, 4.6L DOHC, Pair. Says they fit 02to04 4.6L dohc Mercury and Ford V8. $19.88

Zack
02-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Found these on Summit Web Site and ordered along with the 02 sensor extentions. Hope they are the right ones.? :D Dennis

FMS-M-9448-A464 Exhaust Gaskets, Header, compressed Fiber, Ford, 4.6L DOHC, Pair. Says they fit 02to04 4.6L dohc Mercury and Ford V8. $19.88

Bad move.
Go to the ford parts counter and order stock gaskets. (about 45 bucks)
They will be 2 piece on the driver side and 1 piece on the passenger.
Or you dont have to waste any money and reuse the old ones, seeing they dont wear out.

Cobra25
02-04-2007, 11:51 AM
The 02 sensor is moved further back in the car since there are 4 pipes still not yet joined where the original O2 wire will reach. The bung is on the collector which is further back than the original front O2 sensor. Thanks Rich, I ordered them.

HwyCruiser
02-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Greg, I'll send out my check to Dave tomorrow. Thanks for putting this group buy together.

fordfrk
02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Greg, sending check out monday 2/5/07 thanks

magindat
02-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Still need a paypal address!!!!!!!

Zack
02-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Whats the address to mail checks to?

burt ragio
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
I saw copper exaust gaskets listed in Behrent's performance warehouse catalog part #4146 for $29.40 for 4.6 dohc oval. Would these work ?

Raudermaster
02-05-2007, 08:17 AM
I PMed Greg about the price, he hasn't gotten back to me yet about how much they are?

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2007, 08:47 AM

See Post #87

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2007, 08:47 AM
I PMed Greg about the price, he hasn't gotten back to me yet about how much they are?

I believe the GB closed up Saturday night?

Raudermaster
02-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Damn. Oh well, next time around. I bought a PI 3k TC anyway. I'm sure I'll be happy!

magindat
02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Post #87, bro.

maraudernkc
02-05-2007, 09:25 AM

Pricing

Headers $695.00
Ceramic Coating $262.00
Shipping $ 25.00

Injected Racing
4363 West Calhoun
Suite C
Springfield, MO 65802

2. magindat (Headers 2 1/2") Paypal 2/5/07
4. High-C (Headers 2 1/2" & Ceramic Coating) Paid CC on 2/5/07
5. HwyCruiser (Headers 2 1/2") Paid check on 2/5/07
6. Lou (Headers 2 1/2" with Ceramic Coating) Paid check on 2/5/07
9. Killjoy (Headers 2 1/2") Will pay with CC on 2/12/07
10. Peter (Headers 2 1/2" with Ceramic Coating) Paid wire transfer 2/2/07
13. MaxPower (Headers 3") Check sent 2/7/07
14. 04marauderMD66 (Complete Bad Azz system) Paid check 2/6/07
15. jwheeler ( Headers 2 1/2) Paid check 2/5/07

maraudernkc
02-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Pricing & Payment Information

Headers $695.00
Ceramic Coating $262.00
Shipping $ 25.00

Injected Racing
4363 West Calhoun
Suite C
Springfield, MO 65802

burt ragio
02-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Greg thanks for putting together a great package. My order is the MAUCAT 1 5/8 primary ceramic coated. 2.1/2 lead pipes and high flo converters. Per conversation my method of payment is check. Mailed to
4363 west calhuun
suite c
Springfield, MO.

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2007, 09:35 AM

Pricing

Headers $695.00
Ceramic Coating $262.00
Shipping $ 25.00

Injected Racing
4363 West Calhoun
Suite C
Springfield, MO 65802

13. MaxPower (Headers 3") Check sent 2/5/07
14. 04marauderMD66 (Complete Bad Azz system)
15. jwheeler ( Headers 2 1/2

Until THIS Saturday, Greg? 2/10/07?
There seems to be a couple of more who want to get in if that's so.

High-C
02-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Greg, I will be calling you later this afternoon... Can I order high-flow cats as well?

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Damn. Oh well, next time around. I bought a PI 3k TC anyway. I'm sure I'll be happy!

Check with Greg to be sure, look at the posts below.

magindat
02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
P-P-P-Paid, baby!!!!
Paypal.
Thanx!!!!!

maraudernkc
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Can the below members give me a update as to when you are going to make payment and what form? Thanks, Greg

Zack ( Headers 2 1/2")
fordfrk (Headers 2 1/2")
Hotrauder (Headers 2 1/2" Ceramic Coated)

Thanks,

KillJoy
02-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Can the below members give me a update as to when you are going to make payment and what form? Thanks, Greg

Zack ( Headers 2 1/2")
fordfrk (Headers 2 1/2")
Killjoy (Headers 2 1/2")
04marauderMD66 (Complete Bad Azz system)
jwheeler ( 2 1/2 Headers)

Thanks,

What is this "Payment" you speak of???? Is getting to speak to me on the phone not "payment" enough???

:poke:

:D

KillJoy

maraudernkc
02-05-2007, 07:42 PM
If anyone still wants in, let me know. Payments are still coming in.

Thanks, Greg

jwheeler
02-06-2007, 01:03 AM
My check is in the mail.

Sent 02/05/07 to:

Dave Lamberson
Injected Racing
4363 West Calhoun
Suite C
Springfield, MO 65802

Seneca
02-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Checks in the mail Greg!.. 2/6/07 Thanks for the help getting this kit together. Seneca

maraudernkc
02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Below is a list of members that are in this group buy and this shows what you ordered and when and how you payed.

3. Zack ( Headers 2 1/2") Check sent 2/7/07
7. fordfrk (Headers 2 1/2") Paid check on 2/5/07

maraudernkc
02-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Can the below member let me know if they have already sent payment.

[SIZE="3"]Hotrauder
]

Thanks, Greg

Zack
02-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Greg, I had the check ready to go but got called into work at 2am for a broken pipe.
I will try my best to get it out before 5pm, otherwise it will be a check in the am.

maraudernkc
02-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Zack, no problem

thanks

Greg, I had the check ready to go but got called into work at 2am for a broken pipe.
I will try my best to get it out before 5pm, otherwise it will be a check in the am.

KillJoy
02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Below is a list of members that are in this group buy and this shows what you ordered and when and how you payed.

DAYUM!!! 15 folks getting LONG TUBES!!!!!!

NIIIIIICCCCCCCCCE!

:up: to Greg for hooking us up!!!

KillJoy

Hotrauder
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Zack ( Headers 2 1/2")
fordfrk (Headers 2 1/2")

Thanks,

[size="3"]Hotrauder
]

Thanks, Greg

Greg, Post # 91, I believe, posted 2/3/07 at 11.52AM. First payment acknowledge I believe. Check mailed at that time.
PLEASE NOTE- This is for 2 1/2" Headers, Ceramic coated. NOT 3".
Thanks Dennis

O's Fan Rich
02-06-2007, 07:08 PM

[size="3"]Hotrauder
]

Thanks, Greg

Greg, Post # 91, I believe, posted 2/3/07 at 11.52AM. First payment acknowledge I believe. Check mailed at that time.
Thanks Dennis

Yeah but I'm #1 on the list!!:P :banana2: :banana2: :P

maraudernkc
02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Dennis, sorry about that. Thanks for the quick payment.

Hotrauder

Thanks, Greg

Thanks Dennis

maraudernkc
02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
You guys are awesome! Everyone has sent payment or has payment in route.

Please look over the final list and make sure that I have you down for the correct size headers and or options.

8. Hotrauder (Headers 2 1/2" Ceramic Coated) Paid check on 2/3/07
12. burt ragio (Headers 2 1/2 with Ceramic Coating) Check sent 2/5/07 b(burt overpaid will refund $400.00)

magindat
02-07-2007, 05:54 AM
WOW! Stainless has their Works cut out for them!!!!

Hotrauder
02-07-2007, 07:47 AM
WOW! Stainless has their Works cut out for them!!!!

Ayah, and we may well need a group buy on Dynamat next.:D Dennis:2thumbs:

magindat
02-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Ayah, and we may well need a group buy on Dynamat next.:D Dennis:2thumbs:

I could handle that for ya!!!!

Hotrauder
02-07-2007, 12:50 PM
I could handle that for ya!!!!

Thought so! :D Dennis ps...checked out Zacks recommendation on the ex. mainfold gaskets and of course he is right. 2 piece on one side 1 on the other. Arriving tomorrow. WANT TO BE READY..the 02 sensor extentions arrived today. Thanks for the heads-up. :2thumbs:Dennis

Zack
02-07-2007, 01:16 PM
The USPS has the check!

injectedracing
02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
We have everyones payment expect a couple, and they are taken care of. I appreciate everyone participating in this. The order should go in first of the week.

Hotrauder
02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
We have everyones payment expect a couple, and they are taken care of. I appreciate everyone participating in this. The order should go in first of the week.

Dave, thanks. when the order goes in please try to get an expected ship date for us. thanks. Dennis

magindat
02-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Jus' checkin in on the status. I got antz in da pantz!!!!

Thanx Greg and Dave!!!!

Rich

Cobra25
02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
So the order's will be shipped at The begining of next week ?

Cobra25
03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Any up date on when these Headers will be shipped ?

Zack
03-08-2007, 06:31 AM
I heard Greg flew the coup to Mexico with our money :bandit:

magindat
03-08-2007, 06:43 AM
I heard Greg flew the coup to Mexico with our money :bandit:

:eek: Well, then where's my *&^#%$^%* sombrero?! :bandit:

Cobra25
03-08-2007, 11:54 AM
A Up date is not much to ask for.

injectedracing
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey guys.
the order was placed a couple weeks ago. SW said they would start production on these this week. I will know more when I call them on Friday. I will post up everything when I find out more.

magindat
03-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Hey guys.
the order was placed a couple weeks ago. SW said they would start production on these this week. I will know more when I call them on Friday. I will post up everything when I find out more.

Thanx!!!!!!!

maraudernkc
03-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I talked to Scott at SW today and he could not give me an answer because there production manager went home early sick today. They got the money on Feb. 19th. They had a slight delay in getting the stainless. Thank our overseas people for that. I asked him to guess and he thought that the non coated would start shipping out around March 19th. Add about a week 1/2 for the coated. I will call and get more info on Monday. Sorry guys but I can't make them for them. :censor:

Seneca
03-10-2007, 07:11 AM
I talked to Scott at SW today and he could not give me an answer because there production manager went home early sick today. They got the money on Feb. 19th. They had a slight delay in getting the stainless. Thank our overseas people for that. I asked him to guess and he thought that the non coated would start shipping out around March 19th. Add about a week 1/2 for the coated. I will call and get more info on Monday. Sorry guys but I can't make them for them. :censor:

Thanks for the updates!. :D

Cobra25
03-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Any other up dates on shipping dates for the non- Coated Headers?

Cobra25
03-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Could someone PM me Scott's phone # at SW, So I could find out whats going on ?

Cobra25
03-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Up date: I spoke to Scott from SW Headers he told me that the un- coated one's should ship out Quote :" IF ALL GOES WELL " by the end of the month, the coated ones A week or so later. They will be shipped - FED X Ground 3-5 day delivery. So as of now it looks like we "MIGHT" have them in 3-4 weeks if all goes well.

Seneca
03-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Thank you for the update ... Seneca

O's Fan Rich
03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
I hate when someone tells me a ship Date and can't meet it. SW had all our money on feb. 15th. They said they would ship out in 4 weeks on non coated. Last time I talked to them they were suppose to ship all non coated out by the end of this week. Non going to happen. I Just talked to Scott at SW today and now he is telling me that all non coated will ship out no later than Friday of next week which would be March 30th. He said that all coated headers would be about 1 - 2 weeks behind. I would love to tear these guys a new one but I don't want to piss the guy off and delay your order. I am sorry for the delay and I wish I could make them myself.

Greg

For me it's not an issue. Thanks for the update.

KillJoy
03-22-2007, 07:22 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quad Post actually ;)

KillJoy

DEFYANT
03-22-2007, 07:24 AM
We know your upset, but did you have to tell us 4 times! LOL!! Sorry couldn't resist!!

magindat
03-22-2007, 07:31 AM
For me it's not an issue. Thanks for the update.

Yep, no issue for me either. Still saving pennies for the install!

maraudernkc
03-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Sorry quad post

maraudernkc
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
charlie, my enter button stuck. LOL~!~~~

We know your upset, but did you have to tell us 4 times! LOL!! Sorry couldn't resist!!

O's Fan Rich
03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
charlie, my enter button stuck. LOL~!~~~

Greg, if you're ever handing out cash.... make sure that don't happen. Unless of course you're handing it to me.

High-C
03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
I know this is super-late in the game... but... I was told recently that the Kooks come with attached flanges... These do not. Correct? Is there any possibility that we can still get flanges added? I was told that my coated ones would need to be ground down and all sorts of other stuff (labor intensive) in order to tig on flanges... I should've asked in the beginning...

O's Fan Rich
03-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I know this is super-late in the game... but... I was told recently that the Kooks come with attached flanges... These do not. Correct? Is there any possibility that we can still get flanges added? I was told that my coated ones would need to be ground down and all sorts of other stuff (labor intensive) in order to tig on flanges... I should've asked in the beginning...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/reviews/showproduct.php/product/29/cat/2/page/1
Did you see these pictures? I'm thinking that those wide stainless clamp/bands would work too. If needed.

Hotrauder
03-23-2007, 06:37 AM

This is a good point and one we should no doubt have considered early on. It seems to me that Flanges are only practical way to remove the exhaust system in the event it is necessary to remove the tranny, etc. Am I wrong about this? Greg, since those guys at SW have been to busy to get to our GB any chance we can add flanges to the order? Please check this out. Thanks Dennis....Email sent to Greg.

magindat
03-23-2007, 07:02 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/reviews/showproduct.php/product/29/cat/2/page/1
Did you see these pictures? I'm thinking that those wide stainless clamp/bands would work too. If needed.

This is a good point and one we should no doubt have considered early on. It seems to me that Flanges are only practical way to remove the exhaust system in the event it is necessary to remove the tranny, etc. Am I wrong about this? Greg, since those guys at SW have been to busy to get to our GB any chance we can add flanges to the order? Please check this out. Thanks Dennis....Email sent to Greg.

Stainless wrap clamps are indeed the answer.

MarauderTJA
03-23-2007, 07:04 AM
They make wide stainless steel bolt-on clamps like what is on my exhaust system that eliminates the flanges. You really do not need them.

O's Fan Rich
03-23-2007, 07:13 AM
They make wide stainless steel bolt-on clamps like what is on my exhaust system that eliminates the flanges. You really do not need them.

YES!!! ( imagine a big FONT there, please:D ) That's what I think, too!
Thanks for the backup Tom.

MarauderTJA
03-23-2007, 07:15 AM

My Pleasure RICH:D

Hotrauder
03-23-2007, 07:17 AM

What ever works well will work for me. Just concerned thinking of having to remove the headers to do tranny work, etc. Thanks Rich X2 and Tom. I haven't seen these clamps but if they will work for you guys they will work for me, too. Dennis

magindat
03-23-2007, 07:23 AM
I haven't seen these clamps... Dennis

And so now you will...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/ExhaustTrannyPan.JPG

This is Tom's car. It goes: Header flange, clamp, cutout, weld, x-pipe, etc.

The passenger side is easier to pick out in the photo due to standard heat discoloration. DR used these on my exhaust to put it back together when he had to cut to get the tranny out. They're only about 15 bucks for a pair.

MarauderTJA
03-23-2007, 07:35 AM
And so now you will...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/ExhaustTrannyPan.JPG

This is Tom's car. It goes: Header flange, clamp, cutout, weld, x-pipe, etc.

The passenger side is easier to pick out in the photo due to standard heat discoloration. DR used these on my exhaust to put it back together when he had to cut to get the tranny out. They're only about 15 bucks for a pair.

You computer geek you:lol: . I need some tutoring on this picture stuff.

Hotrauder
03-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Yup, a scoundrel, showing Tom's underware on the internet. that's bad.:rolleyes: Dennis...Thanks for the pics, Tom and Rich. I quess I get it. Weld a short piece into the collector then clamp it to the cut out, cat, pipe or what ever. right? Dennis:rolleyes:

MarauderTJA
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Yup, a scoundrel, showing Tom's underware on the internet. that's bad.:rolleyes: Dennis...Thanks for the pics, Tom and Rich. I quess I get it. Weld a short piece into the collector then clamp it to the cut out, cat, pipe or what ever. right? Dennis:rolleyes:

Ya, but it is tasteful underware :lol: .

magindat
03-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Yup, a scoundrel, showing Tom's underware on the internet. that's bad.:rolleyes: Dennis

Dennis, no more mental post cards from you, K? I'm scarred for LIFE!

...Thanks for the pics, Tom and Rich. I quess I get it. Weld a short piece into the collector then clamp it to the cut out, cat, pipe or what ever. right? Dennis:rolleyes:

No welding to the flange. The two pipes butt together (I know, I said butt:rolleyes:) and the band wraps around both and overlaps the joint by about 1-1/2" each side. Tightens with nuts and bolts. Friction fit.

magindat
03-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Ya, but it is tasteful underware :lol: .

Whew! Under-WARE not under-WEAR! The exhaust is under-WHERE? :beatnik:

O's Fan Rich
03-23-2007, 09:28 AM
The he77 with the clamps.... I want that tranny pan!

magindat
03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
The he77 with the clamps.... I want that tranny pan!

I gots one! From Art Carr!!!

Hotrauder
03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I gots one, too. I have no idea why Tom is carrying his clam hoes strapped to his exhaust pipes, whooops...maybe they are torpedo tubes...They look LOUD:rofl: Dennis. I will ask my exhaust expert...he may know.:eek:

MarauderTJA
03-24-2007, 05:41 AM
I gots one, too. I have no idea why Tom is carrying his clam hoes strapped to his exhaust pipes, whooops...maybe they are torpedo tubes...They look LOUD:rofl: Dennis. I will ask my exhaust expert...he may know.:eek:

They are actually Kool-Aid suckers....:lol:

Hotrauder
03-24-2007, 07:38 AM
They are actually Kool-Aid suckers....:lol:

I have seen and HEARD them and yes indeed they suck Kool-Aid and everything else...The mighty TJA Procharger Marauder is a true beast and just may be moving up on the fastest list soon.:2thumbs: :bows: Dennis

MarauderTJA
03-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I have seen and HEARD them and yes indeed they suck Kool-Aid and everything else...The mighty TJA Procharger Marauder is a true beast and just may be moving up on the fastest list soon.:2thumbs: :bows: Dennis

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis clam hoe scoops???? You know that it was just a simple Kool-aid come-back thingy.:D Geez, we do not need to have people taking this the wrong way good buddy:argue: . My car likes lemonade:lol:

Hotrauder
03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Dennis, Dennis, Dennis clam hoe scoops???? You know that it was just a simple Kool-aid come-back thingy.:D Geez, we do not need to have people taking this the wrong way good buddy:argue: . My car likes lemonade:lol:

Tom, Of course I knew that and my respect for you and your Marauder is completely sincere. Just so that you and I know that what is really going on, fun and ball busting among friends, the others will figure it out... not that I think anyone is confused. We're cool. Clam Hoes....Long Island Little Necks. :) Dennis

sabtaj1
03-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey, I definately missed out on this. POOP. anyone taking off headers and replaceing them with these. If so I may be interested in your old ones. Dont want stock manifolds though. Thanks, Jason. Sorry for the off topic. carry on.

MarauderTJA
03-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Tom, Of course I knew that and my respect for you and your Marauder is completely sincere. Just so that you and I know that what is really going on, fun and ball busting among friends, the others will figure it out... not that I think anyone is confused. We're cool. Clam Hoes....Long Island Little Necks. :) Dennis

I know that Dennis between us, but needed to make it clear to some others:rolleyes: not to stir stuff up.......and I prefer soft shell steamers, you know the ones with the bellies.;) This week I will settle for some New Orleans grilled oysters:D .

Hotrauder
03-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Tom, enjoy the NO oysters, keep a close eye on the NO dirtbags. I too prefer Steamers, Growing up on the Maine coast I was fortunate to dig and haul traps..a hard way to make a living but a great way for a youngster to bring great food to the table and the cookout. Have fun in the Big Easy. Brennans used to do a very expensive and very special Brunch..don't know about now. Penny and I will never forget an early 90's $100 weekend breakfast brunch there. Can you say Bananas Foster? :D Dennis

MarauderTJA
03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Tom, enjoy the NO oysters, keep a close eye on the NO dirtbags. I too prefer Steamers, Growing up on the Maine coast I was fortunate to dig and haul traps..a hard way to make a living but a great way for a youngster to bring great food to the table and the cookout. Have fun in the Big Easy. Brennans used to do a very expensive and very special Brunch..don't know about now. Penny and I will never forget an early 90's $100 weekend breakfast brunch there. Can you say Bananas Foster? :D Dennis

Got in NO about an hour ago. In my B&B. Yeah, my .45 Colt is within an 6" reach on my belt at all times when I am here. Steamers, me too, use to dig a 5 gallon bucket of steamers on Cape Cod in one hole in less than an hour. Those were the days. Brennans is still here, slightly more expensive. Bananas foster?? Don't need any more weight in my car than I have now, you trying to slow me down:lol: .

Cobra25
03-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Don't need any more weight in my car than I have now, you trying to slow me down:lol: . Personality I think your a little too fast and I don't want too see you get hurt. :geezer: So I know of this place that has EXCELLENT Key Lime Pie, I'll buy you a Pie next time your over here! :drool: After all What are friends for? :dunno:

MarauderTJA
03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Personality I think your a little too fast and I don't want too see you get hurt. :geezer: So I know of this place that has EXCELLENT Key Lime Pie, I'll buy you a Pie next time your over here! :drool: After all What are friends for? :dunno:

Geez Z :bigcry:, you are such a great friend... I really am beside myself.

NOW GET YOUR BUTT to DRAG NIGHT:banana2:

Tony Rouviere
03-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Not to get off the subject, But if anybody needs the s/steel band clamps, ball flanges for headers, x-pipes, Or pretty much anything. I just opened a exhaust shop in Mulberry Fl. I have a `03 m/m. Just picked up a D-port chamber from flowmaster, anyone try one yet, how is it working. Im going to wait to put mine on till I get my headers. Is there any extra sets of headers to buy. Thanks, Tony

jwheeler
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Mr. Fed EX man dropped my non coated headers off this morning. Now, if I only had the money to finish the exhaust system. :rolleyes:

-J

O's Fan Rich
03-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Mine arrived today also! Next stop.... Jet Hot for some color:banana2:

High-C
03-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't know about you guys... but I prefer my Clams "Bearded"...:cool:

Hotrauder
03-29-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't know about you guys... but I prefer my Clams "Bearded"...:cool:

Go brush your tongue, right now!:rolleyes: Dennis

MarauderTJA
03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Go brush your tongue, right now!:rolleyes: Dennis and you will need a fine wire brush:shake:

RCSignals
03-29-2007, 11:31 PM

flanges first?

O's Fan Rich
03-30-2007, 03:42 AM
flanges first?

Gonna use the wide stainless band clamps....no flanges.

Cobra25
03-30-2007, 04:33 AM
Any one hear any up dates on the shipping date's ?

KillJoy
03-30-2007, 04:38 AM
Any one hear any up dates on the shipping date's ?

Mr. Fed EX man dropped my non coated headers off this morning. Now, if I only had the money to finish the exhaust system. :rolleyes:

-J

I asked him to guess and he thought that the non coated would start shipping out around March 19th. Add about a week 1/2 for the coated.

It looks like the uncoated are already shipping.

KillJoy

Cobra25
03-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Mine are un coated. I guess I'll be recieving then and day now.

Cobra25
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Just recieved mine also.

MarauderTJA
03-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Just recieved mine also.

Great, now get those puppies on, car tuned and come over to drag night on April 9th. Plenty of time. John said he wants to kick your butt.:depress:

Cobra25
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Great, now get those puppies on, car tuned and come over to drag night on April 9th. Plenty of time. John said he wants to kick your butt.:depress: I'm dropping them off too get Coated today, It will take a week for that. Then I'll get them installed and the car retuned. John has been having Dreaming alot lately.:shake: I really don't think he could raise his foot that high. :cool4:

HwyCruiser
03-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Got mine in today! :up:

Tom, just how much louder is your car now with the headers vs. the cobra manifolds?

MarauderTJA
04-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Got mine in today! :up:

Tom, just how much louder is your car now with the headers vs. the cobra manifolds?

Before I cut the cats out, it really was not much louder. Certainly more aggressive sounding though. You will love it. Without the cats, she is a bit louder around town, but on the highway, she purrs like a kitten. Not loud at all. The stealthness of the car is gone without the cats. But I love it:D .

magindat
04-11-2007, 06:53 AM
I'm still waiting for mine. Non-coated. Has everyone else received theirs?!

Hotrauder
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Rich, mine are coated and I have not received them, don't know about the remainder of the non coated except as posted here. Dennis:cool:

Cobra25
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm still waiting for mine. Non-coated. Has everyone else received theirs?! I recieved mine on March 29th. Un Coated. Sent them out to get coated, it took 10 days .My cost at "HOT COAT" with tax was $265.00. No savings at all. I had them put in today, tommarrow the car will be flat Beded to the muffer shop to be finished. Then friday to get retuned with Scott Beer.

Hotrauder
04-13-2007, 03:11 PM
My coated SW Long Tubes arrived today. Yes, very pretty but...I sure wish they had flanges as they should. I am very disappointed that my requests in emails and PM's were ignored and unanswered by Greg and FIT. Perhaps flanges are not a possibility from Stainless Works but spending money with a vendor should earn the courtesy of a response either yes or no....every time. The failure to give that courtesy will be a business mistake for this vendor with this customer. Dennis

MarauderTJA
04-13-2007, 04:11 PM
My coated SW Long Tubes arrived today. Yes, very pretty but...I sure wish they had flanges as they should. I am very disappointed that my requests in emails and PM's were ignored and unanswered by Greg and FIT. Perhaps flanges are not a possibility from Stainless Works but spending money with a vendor should earn the courtesy of a response either yes or no....every time. The failure to give that courtesy will be a business mistake for this vendor with this customer. Dennis

I agree with you Dennis on a response. You were due one. Honestly, no disrepect, but, regardless what the exhaust expert says on the other site, prior to ordering mine I consulted with three of the top drag racers in the country (personal friends of mine) Billy Glidden, Jimmy Briante and Al Papitto) on this issue. All said, for our street application (as well as racing) SS wide band clamps would be absolutely fine. And they have worked out perfect for me and numerous other people I know who have SW headers. But that is my opinion and theirs....everyone has one.... But I do my research very well....

Hotrauder
04-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Tom,
This has nothing to do with Todd or his opinions. It is about my questions and my preference. I agree that the clamps are working and am glad that they are. Before the headers were made I asked that my long tubes include flanges if at all possible. SW does indeed mfg. with flanges and I wanted to have mine done that way what ever the additional charge. Thanks for your input. Dennis

maraudernkc
04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Dennis, I am sorry that your PM's were not returned and anyone else who did not get the attention they deserve. Dennis I can assure you that your emails were not ignored on purpose but my 1st job that pays my house payment has to come first and I have been slammed. The best way to contact me is my cell phone at 913/302-5780. Dennis would you like to return your headers? I will buy them back myself if you want to return them. Just let me know. I have decided not to do anymore GROUP BUYS. I am just to busy at my full time job. I get the best prices and offer them to the members with very little profit but I can no longer offer the best service on Group Buys. I will still offer the best Marauder supercharger kit and the best service for anyone that buys one of our FIT kits. Anyone who has bought a supercharger kit from me knows that I will do just about anything to make sure you are happy with our kit.

Thanks, Greg

Hotrauder
04-13-2007, 08:33 PM
[quote=maraudernkc;486974]Dennis, I am sorry that your PM's were not returned and anyone else who did not get the attention they deserve. Dennis I can assure you that your emails were not ignored on purpose but my 1st job that pays my house payment has to come first and I have been slammed. The best way to contact me is my cell phone at 913/302-5780. Dennis would you like to return your headers? I will buy them back myself if you want to return them. Just let me know. I have decided not to do anymore GROUP BUYS. I am just to busy at my full time job. I get the best prices and offer them to the members with very little profit but I can no longer offer the best service on Group Buys. I will still offer the best Marauder supercharger kit and the best service for anyone that buys one of our FIT kits. Anyone who has bought a supercharger kit from me knows that I will do just about anything to make sure you are happy with our kit.

Thanks Greg[quote]

Greg, I want to keep the headers. I appreciate your offer. I am disappointed but will get the work done locally. thanks for the pricing on the group buy and good luck in the future. Dennis

MarauderTJA
04-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Tom,
This has nothing to do with Todd or his opinions. It is about my questions and my preference. I agree that the clamps are working and am glad that they are. Before the headers were made I asked that my long tubes include flanges if at all possible. SW does indeed mfg. with flanges and I wanted to have mine done that way what ever the additional charge. Thanks for your input. Dennis

Fully understand Dennis. :beer:

Hotrauder
04-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Greg, I am sorry that you will not be able to do more group buys as this was a good one with a great buy on one of the best bang for the buck upgrades .. HP vs. $. I would not want you or anyone else to think that I am unhappy with the pricing, the quality of the SW headers or your overall efforts to make it work. Just wish they had flanges installed on them before they were ceramic coated. I will get it taken care of and just try to remember to always park the car right side up.:D Dennis

magindat
04-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Greg, I am sorry that you will not be able to do more group buys as this was a good one with a great buy on one of the best bang for the buck upgrades .. HP vs. $. I would not want you or anyone else to think that I am unhappy with the pricing, the quality of the SW headers or your overall efforts to make it work. Just wish they had flanges installed on them before they were ceramic coated. I will get it taken care of and just try to remember to always park the car right side up.:D Dennis

Finally got my headers Friday! Guess Dave sent the list in backwards! First to pay, last to receive! Oh, well. Gave me some extra time to put some bucks away for the install...

Dennis, as we spoke, Mario will be able to help decide about the flange/clamp situation. All will be well.

If anyone cares to visit, myself and Hotrauder will be installing on back to back days in the Port St. Lucie, FL area May 29 and 30, Tuesday and Wednesday.

:woohoo:

Mesencephalon
05-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Finally got my headers Friday! Guess Dave sent the list in backwards! First to pay, last to receive! Oh, well. Gave me some extra time to put some bucks away for the install...

Dennis, as we spoke, Mario will be able to help decide about the flange/clamp situation. All will be well.

If anyone cares to visit, myself and Hotrauder will be installing on back to back days in the Port St. Lucie, FL area May 29 and 30, Tuesday and Wednesday.

:woohoo:

so i take it this group buy's over?

What's it cost to get these installed, on the average / Ballpark?

I'm in Tennessee, and there seems to be at least a handfull of speed shops around

Mes

High-C
05-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Make sure to start a new thread and let us know how the install goes... as well as the flange/clamp situation. I hope all is well in FL... - C

ctrlraven
05-08-2007, 08:15 AM
What is the best way to go about buying the SW headers because I'd like to buy a set?

RCSignals
05-08-2007, 08:39 AM
What is the best way to go about buying the SW headers because I'd like to buy a set?

Look for a previous thread here where he said he'd continue to sell them at the same price of the GB

HwyCruiser
05-08-2007, 02:01 PM

Order them with flanges and flanged adapters!

ctrlraven
05-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah I know, I included that info in my PM to Greg.

Hotrauder
06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Anyone have a problem with fit of the the SW Long Tube Headers on the drivers side? My techs found out the hard way that the Driver side tubes interfere with the steering rod and the port for the O2 sensor is on the inside of the collector next to the tranny case. :dunno: anyone with a suggestion would be appreciated. I can handle the O2 port but the steering situation is a killer. Thanks. Dennis

O's Fan Rich
06-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Anyone have a problem with fit of the the SW Long Tube Headers on the drivers side? My techs found out the hard way that the Driver side tubes interfere with the steering rod and the port for the O2 sensor is on the inside of the collector next to the tranny case. :dunno: anyone with a suggestion would be appreciated. I can handle the O2 port but the steering situation is a killer. Thanks. Dennis

How much interference? Some have added 1/8 inch spacers on the mounts, I believe, Dennis.

Zack
06-05-2007, 06:36 AM
When there is a clearance issue with headers, you get a ball pene hammer out and clearance the header.
Whats with these spacers? Hello Old School, anyone remember this?

magindat
06-05-2007, 06:48 AM
When there is a clearance issue with headers, you get a ball pene hammer out and clearance the header.

:eek: OMG! Won't that cause an uneven back pressure in that one cylinder and make the motor blow up?! No way, nuh-uh! No ball peen hammer!

TooManyFords
06-05-2007, 07:24 AM

LOL! I sure do!
It's rare to get a set of race headers that don't have to be clearanced. All other rotating parts usually clearance themselves... (hehehe)

Cheers

John

O's Fan Rich
06-05-2007, 08:13 AM

But what about my fancy Gloss Black Jet-Hot coating?

Hotrauder
06-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Just off the phone, several calls with Scott at Stainless Works. He says they made a shipping mistake and I am the other guy.:mad2:Seems a Cobra order was coated along with ours and I have a Cobra order and presumably the Cobra owner had the same kind of fit problem and returned the offending driver side header so my correct(?) header is in Cleveland. My car is on the lift at the muffler shop, in pieces in Florida. The shop is willing to let it sit there, thank God for a day or two. I am paying the difference between ground and next day as SW will only ship ground to fix their error. It would cost more to put the car back together and reinstall that the freight will be of course. I am not a happy camper but this is better than I had feared, 2 to 3 weeks manufacturing, a week coating and a week on the truck. I need to get this done as we are leaving for a month on Sunday. I am accumulating a lengthing list of mods I regret. Dennis

magindat
06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Just off the phone, several calls with Scott at Stainless Works. He says they made a shipping mistake and I am the other guy.:mad2:Seems a Cobra order was coated along with ours and I have a Cobra order and presumably the Cobra owner had the same kind of fit problem and returned the offending driver side header so my correct(?) header is in Cleveland. My car is on the lift at the muffler shop, in pieces in Florida. The shop is willing to let it sit there, thank God for a day or two. I am paying the difference between ground and next day as SW will only ship ground to fix their error. It would cost more to put the car back together and reinstall that the freight will be of course. I am not a happy camper but this is better than I had feared, 2 to 3 weeks manufacturing, a week coating and a week on the truck. I need to get this done as we are leaving for a month on Sunday. I am accumulating a lengthing list of mods I regret. Dennis

I'm sad to see this GB bite Greg in the a$$. I had my own issues with the order (which I'll keep to myself). Hope it works out for ya quick, D. I don't think you'll regret the 30 HP gain or the sound when it's over!

Chin up. At least you're not ridin' on bump stops!!! :laugh:

:corner:

O's Fan Rich
06-05-2007, 11:26 AM

Ok... now I'm scared...... I just spent $375.00 with Jet Hot....

magindat
06-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Ok... now I'm scared...... I just spent $375.00 with Jet Hot....

Grab your DS header. Hold it like it would go on the motor. Look into the collector. The bung should be at about 11 o'clock. If it's at 2 o'clock, yer screwed.

O's Fan Rich
06-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Grab your DS header. Hold it like it would go on the motor. Look into the collector. The bung should be at about 11 o'clock. If it's at 2 o'clock, yer screwed.
So it was only the DS that had the issue?
I should have them back the week of the 11th... I got everything crossed....

RCSignals
06-05-2007, 03:31 PM
... I got everything crossed....

Even that little black hose?

O's Fan Rich
06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Even that little black hose?

Suckers in a knot......:D

Hotrauder
06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
We have 2 other SSM guys who have no problem, so I am reasonably confident that I just got a shipping Fup from Stainless Works and the header they are sending will fit. I hope I am the only one with a problem. I will confess that I am less than excited with their customer service attitude. I explained to them in no uncertain terms that I was stuck here and needed a next day correction of thier mistake. They said tough. We only ship ground when we make a mistake. Their choice...Deal with these guys with both eyes open. Dennis

Hotrauder
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
The header arrived as promised. Fit is tight but fine. they look nice and they sound VERY aggressive with the new H pipe. My neighbor happened to be passing on his walk last week when I started the car. He said,"that car sounds fast." He ain't heard nothing yet. Haven't driven it on the road yet. Dennis:beer:

O's Fan Rich
06-07-2007, 04:23 AM
The header arrived as promised. Fit is tight but fine. they look nice and they sound VERY aggressive with the new H pipe. My neighbor happened to be passing on his walk last week when I started the car. He said,"that car sounds fast." He ain't heard nothing yet. Haven't driven it on the road yet. Dennis:beer:

Good. At least you're back on the road.:up:

magindat
06-07-2007, 05:20 AM
*sigh* whew. Glad you got it worked out.

Hotrauder
06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
DONE! We had one other snafu. The O2 sensor extenders did not fit the connectors soo got on the phone late yesterday afternoon and overnighted a set in. Checked email last night and they shipped the same wrong ones I had ordered for this install. UPS truck arrived this morning and of course I refused the shipment. We found that the only difference was the placement of the little guidance ears on the plugs, ground them off and Viola! We were done. I went and stood under the way jacked up F350 and had him blow the train horns a few times to clear my head.

!. love the look
2. love the sound
3. love the H pipe
4. the damn drone is gone.
5. The FruitPunch is one mean sounding pissed off lady
6. Time for a beer

Dennis

magindat
06-07-2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/beer-bottle.jpg

magindat
06-07-2007, 01:22 PM