PDA

View Full Version : John`s GM

Hack Goby
02-09-2007, 07:27 AM
John`s Grand Monkey blew everyone away last year at the Woodward Dream Cruise from the shaved door handles to the Marauder motor.He held his own at the Heavyweight shootout running low 13`s and it is in the shop right now getting more performance parts added. http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN2222.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN2223.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN2221.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN2220.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN2217.JPG

Hotrauder
02-09-2007, 07:39 AM
John's ride is the ****zle. It is gorgeous, extemely well done and runs like a scalded cat. The car is almost as nice as John. Had the pleasure of visiting with John at Commerce during SSHS6. Great fun. Hi John. Dennis:2thumbs:

Pops
02-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the pictues Paul! I will post more details about this next week. The stereo is all Pioneer and Premier { they sponser the car] with full indash Navigation. Good to hear from you Dennis, are you coming to WDC this year?

Bigdogjim
02-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Sweet ride!!!

Drock96Marquis
02-11-2007, 11:47 AM
:cool:

Now that is one slick 95-97!
I liek the front license plate indent -delete, looks much cleaner w/o one (damn MD :rolleyes: )

Any better shots of the rear w/ the exhaust tips?

JonW
02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I saw that car at WWDC and drooled all over it :) I normally don't like 2-tone paint, but that is so well-done and very tasteful.

Hotrauder
02-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the pictues Paul! I will post more details about this next week. The stereo is all Pioneer and Premier { they sponser the car] with full indash Navigation. Good to hear from you Dennis, are you coming to WDC this year?

We are hopeful and planning on it. Hope to see you there with the Grand Monkey. Dennis

dwasson
02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Dennis, if you come we'll show you a good time.

Pops
02-12-2007, 01:37 PM
THe sound system in this car has 4 Premier thin line subs. The advantage of is they require a very small box. It has 3 premier 600 watt Rms amps driving them. The Premier 4 channel amp runs the Pioneer Rev series coaxial speakers both front and rear. It also has a Rockford 25 Farad Capaciter to help insure enough power to the amps. We used 1 guage power wire back to the capaciter and then 4 guage to the amps with a ANL 250 amp fuse under the hood. The battery is an Optima and we used Scoshe Platinum battery terminals. The positve terminal also has a built in volt meter so we can moniter voltage at shows and not kill the battery.
The headunit is the Pioneer Avic Z1 Navagation with voice control. This deck also has a Hard Drive so you can load a lot of tunes in it.
WE are going to change the system in this car as soon as it gets back from the performance shop. I will post the new build on my car as we do it. Post up as to what you are interested in. I also would like to see someone start a thred to show what you guys have done on stereo installs that have a few pictures and the cool thigs that you have done.

SID210SA
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Ok....how did you get a sponser....I have been wondering how to get some one to sponser my car...

Hotrauder
02-12-2007, 01:56 PM
For years I had this unexplained, burning desire to risk my life in the running of the bulls. I was finally able to get the proper treatment once the doctor diagnosed me with Human Pamplona Virus.

Dan, I read this to my wife, who has traveled Spain extensively, (altho she has never mentioned any of the hooker infested bars I found myself in on liberty as a young Seagoing Marine) I am helping her up off the floor now! I think she will be ok in time. You are one crazy bastage and I love ya. We will be there we hope. Don't expect me to be standing close to you during any thunderstorms. :D Dennis

Pops
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
When you own the store and spend enough money, pay your bills on time and can show that you have the ability to promote the products they will consider you. It took 10 years before they would do anything for me.

Sully008
02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I also would like to see someone start a thred to show what you guys have done on stereo installs that have a few pictures and the cool thigs that you have done.

Hi John,

Congrats on becoming a vendor! Here's a link to a thread on my stereo system:

Linky (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30834&highlight=stereo)

Very nice GM, I love the engine swap. What kind of performance mods have you done to get into the 13s?

Pops
02-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Nice install Sully! I remember seeing your pictures now. So you are the ISCA guy, I used to be a judge for them. To bad they let things get out of hand.
Your choice of Xtant amps are great. I am a dealer for them and use it in my Dodge truck and love them. You dont see to many horns around anymore. They do help raise the stage.
The car has 4.10s, 3200 convertor, built transmission, under drive pulleys and MSD ignition. It also has Bassini exhaust with catbacks custom fit from a Mustang. Cobra exhaust manifolds were also used. The car best et is 13.58 at 96mph. I was on the brakes and still brokeout. At sshs6 it ran 13.63 and has done this quite often both with street tires and drag radials.
The car now has Kooks headers, Stage 2 intake manifold, Custom built control arms so they can set the pinion angle. We are also putting 15 inch wheels on so we can put bigger slicks on. Traction has been a problem.

Zack
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
, Custom built control arms so they can set the pinion angle.

I love it. :banana2:
At least there are other people out there with half a brain like me.

Sully008
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Nice install Sully! I remember seeing your pictures now. So you are the ISCA guy, I used to be a judge for them. To bad they let things get out of hand.
Your choice of Xtant amps are great. I am a dealer for them and use it in my Dodge truck and love them. You dont see to many horns around anymore. They do help raise the stage.
The car has 4.10s, 3200 convertor, built transmission, under drive pulleys and MSD ignition. It also has Bassini exhaust with catbacks custom fit from a Mustang. Cobra exhaust manifolds were also used. The car best et is 13.58 at 96mph. I was on the brakes and still brokeout. At sshs6 it ran 13.63 and has done this quite often both with street tires and drag radials.
The car now has Kooks headers, Stage 2 intake manifold, Custom built control arms so they can set the pinion angle. We are also putting 15 inch wheels on so we can put bigger slicks on. Traction has been a problem.

Thank you John! It's nice to get compliments from those in the industry. Mid 13's is impressive for the mods you've done, especially with all the gear in the trunk. I'd love to get my car into the 13s. The aero GMs/Vics weigh less than the newer Panthers, don't they? Question for you, what is a "Stage 2 intake manifold"?

Pops
02-14-2007, 06:44 AM
A stage 2 Intake is a stock intake that has been reworked on the inside to make it flow better. It should add about 18horsepower. The race weight on my car is 4350lbs with me in it and all the stereo gear.

superford3
02-15-2007, 05:36 PM
very cool car

Pops
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Ipicked the car up today and will be coming to Kentucky with it. It runs great and burns the tires. As soon as I get back the neww stereo install starts. Andy will take pictures as we go. See you in Kentucky!