PDA

View Full Version : TV Show "Pinks all out" at MIR in June

ctrlraven
02-09-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/news/2007/070202-01.htm

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/news/images/5180.jpg

PINKS ALL OUT is coming to Maryland Int’l Raceway on Saturday, June 9, 2007!

Do you know what this means? Someone at MIR is going to win a crap-load of cash doing what they love to do…Drag racing their car! This event is going to be like a test and tune on steroids. No room for haters… This event is supposed to be fun!

IMPORTANT: This competition is open to any street car or race car that can run 12.99 or quicker. Must have 4 wheels, doors and pass tech inspection to compete. Again you must run 12.99 or quicker to run in this monster tournament. We will be limiting the number of competitors to 350 pre-registered cars.

You know the deal…you get two passes, no negotiation, and if you sandbag at all you’re going home. Remember, you gotta be running ALL OUT!

Drag racing fans and racers this is your day. Lets show the SPEED Channel executives and the millions of television viewers how it’s done at MIR. Bring your friends, family, trailers and RV’s… Get there early, and don’t plan on leaving until after dark!!

Rich Christensen and Team PINKS will select 16 killer racers from ALL OUT Qualifying to compete for an $18,000 CASH purse - with $10,000 of the purse going to the winner in a Heads-Up, Run-What-Ya-Brung, Let’s-Get-Ugly, Shootout, Showdown!

Rich might pick a group of 9’s, 10’s, 11’s or 12’s! You never know… But you got to be in it to win it!

Plus, 8 Racers (winners of the first round of 16) will receive $1,000 CASH each!!!

Will there be title racing? NO!!! So you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!!

Look, Rich wants to have a good time and give $18,000 away while watching some Fast, Hardcore, No Bullsh#t Racing! It’s that simple.

So show up and get ready to push your car like it’s never been pushed before. Oh yeah, you might just have one of the best times of your life!!!

No Titles Required – No Sandbaggers Allowed.

PINKS ALL OUT – Will You Be The Last Racer Standing?

There will be a Pre-PINKS Test & Tune on Friday, June 8, 2007, from 2:00 pm until 11:00 pm. This Test & Tune is open to PRE-REGISTERED CARS ONLY! We strongly suggest that all pre-registered racers check-in on Friday to get parked and go through tech inspection to avoid any possible lines and/or delays on Saturday. Remember, you only get two runs to impress the PINKS crew, so making sure that you’re dialed-in on the Friday night Test and Tune could pay big dividends. Also running that Friday night will be the exciting Heads-up Real Street stock suspension, true 10.5" class!

To cap off this awesome weekend of Test & Tunes on steroids, we will be running a full day MIR Test & Tune open to everyone on Sunday, June 10, 2007. This Test & Tune will include a FREE $2,000 to win Gambler’s Race.

Come to race or watch - just don’t miss ANY of the action during this incredible weekend!

I think some certain MM's should do this. Would love to see a MM on TV or beating up on some rice and other muscle. JoeWalsh I think this would be a perfect race day for yours after all, you will be blown and stroked lol. If anyone enters let me know cause I will def. come down and show my support!

Breadfan
02-09-2007, 09:06 AM
That'd be cool, espeically since it's not for Titles I might be up for it. :)

Atleast to spectate or qualify. Betcha it'll be busy!

ctrlraven
02-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah MIR will be packed....with ricers lol

merc
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Sherman and I are already signed up for the event.

Breadfan
02-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Sherman and I are already signed up for the event.

I'll atleast be there to watch if not race.

merc
02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I'll atleast be there to watch if not race.

Only 350 Entries Available!. If you don't sign up now you will be watching.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/Pinks.jpg

Breadfan
02-09-2007, 10:05 AM
If I sign up can I join team Merc-and-Sherm?

EDIT: OK I signed up. I didn't get charged shipping though...cause I kept standard but that's all I saw. Are we getting any pre-registration cards in the mail to fill out prior to arriving?

There is a chance I won't be able to make it but hey if that happens then less competition for the rest of you. I still want to join your camp in the pits. Gonna have to be sure I am consistent in the 12's too.

I am confident between us Marauderers one will make the top 16, the PINKS folks should be intrigued by these big cars running 12's and below.

merc
02-09-2007, 10:12 AM
If I sign up can I join team Merc-and-Sherm?

Northern VA CAM. I talked to Chris last night and we are pulling Sherman motor out in a couple of weeks and I will have some new goodies by race time. It would be nice to have a good Marauder turnout.

Breadfan
02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Let me know if you guys need a hand with the motor work!

I'm not sure if I'll have much in the way of new equipment but I will tweak my rear-end gear tune to match the drag tires I have.

Hopefully we can all work the bugs out at NVMC days.

2ndMDRebel
02-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Woohoo! The Crown Rauder is registered! Thanks for the heads-up on this one, its going to be FUN!!! :burnout: ......................... :banana2:

Crown Vicman
02-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Man I sure hope I get to see you guys on tv. Seeing marauders on tv would really make my day.:D

Joe Walsh
02-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm IN!!!!

Just registered with MIR....:banana2:

Chris, +2 thanks for the 'heads up' on this cool event!

Procharger WILL be installed and tuned for mid to low 11s....:D

Mike
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
It would be nice to see a Marauder on Pinks!!!!!

ctrlraven
02-10-2007, 12:10 AM
No problem guys, I'll also be there to watch that is. Hopefully someone with a really good video recorder can come also to show proof that MARAUDERS RULE!

Hey Tom at least they won't ask you to leave if you run over 11.49 like Capitol did lol.

Test and Tune on Saturdays now at Capitol is coming up (March 3rd) soon so hopefully with some drag radials and a few new other mods I might break in the 13's or be pretty darn close.

2ndMDRebel
02-10-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm IN!!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Joe, can't wait to see that beast on the track, I mean its already a beast, just gonna get meaner!

Maybe we can have an "advance party" get there and set aside a section of the pits for the Marauders.

JMan
02-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Very cool guys, very cool! They can't ignore the big cars. They're made for TV! I'm sure one or two of yas will make the final 16. How cool!

Best luck,

J

merc
02-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Looks like I will be the slowest of the group in all out competition. No bracket racing at this event. It’s all about what is under the hood and reaction time. Hopefully one of us will make Marauder History. :beer:

I'm IN!!!!

Breadfan
02-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I'll probably be a few very quick ticks behind ya, but that's OK.

I was wondering the format, it's not bracket racing?

Bluerauder
02-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Looks like I will be the slowest of the group in all out competition.

Not if I come along. :D You guys are gonna let me come along to watch right? I'll bring my Title just in case you all put the pressure on me again. NOT !! :rofl:

sweetair
02-11-2007, 05:31 AM
This sounds like a good time. Marauders running strong. What's not to like. Being a spectator is where I would be. My fastest time is their slowest, and that's if I run a perfect run. Great heads up.

SC Cheesehead
02-12-2007, 05:03 AM
Hey, make sure you find out when the show is going to be aired so that we can tune in to watch.

SCCH

Breadfan
02-12-2007, 09:45 AM
So, I'm still trying to figure out the format...it sounds like Rich picks the 16 cars, and he's going to pick a group that are close in time, so he may choose 16 that run between 11.5 and 11.7, or 12.2 and 12.4, etc.

Right?

So basically all 16 cars picked will be very close competitors, and then it will be heads up run what you brung? i.e. not bracket racing?

The good thing is, in CAM we can cover a pretty fair bit of the ET's their looking for, from 11.5-12.9 at least.

If I'm correct then we've got a good chance, if we impress him enough with these big cars smoking some smaller hot rods he'll want to choose our range of ET's due to the TV quality of watching these big cars go fast.

:)

Do I have it right?

ctrlraven
02-12-2007, 10:49 AM
So, I'm still trying to figure out the format...it sounds like Rich picks the 16 cars, and he's going to pick a group that are close in time, so he may choose 16 that run between 11.5 and 11.7, or 12.2 and 12.4, etc.

Right?

So basically all 16 cars picked will be very close competitors, and then it will be heads up run what you brung? i.e. not bracket racing?

The good thing is, in CAM we can cover a pretty fair bit of the ET's their looking for, from 11.5-12.9 at least.

If I'm correct then we've got a good chance, if we impress him enough with these big cars smoking some smaller hot rods he'll want to choose our range of ET's due to the TV quality of watching these big cars go fast.

Do I have it right?

Yeah pretty much, 16 of the closest timed vehicles will be chosen so theirs none of their usual negotiation of lengths and crap. I think vehicles in the 11 sec range will probably be picked. I can't remember or not if they display or tell you your time during the two runs you get to impress them but I think with this much advance notice the guys entering will be able to dial in pretty good. I'm not even racing but just feel excited like if I was for everyone lol.

I would love nothing to our big cars on TV, we'll def. have to get someone to recored footage at the track and footage when the show airs.

merc
02-12-2007, 10:56 AM
During the MIR all Fords event last year it was hard to find a 11 second plus match up. Other then my runs with Sherman, most of the cars were 11 second and below. Now taking into account Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler, I think the viewing public wants to see the fasted cars Maryland has to offer. Don't be fooled, Maryland has ton fast streetcars and trailer queens. We will be lucky to get a Marauder in the finals. You have to be on top of your reaction times to impress Rich. To date, I have not see a Pinks show that featured an 11.5 to 12.99 car. Not to seem all doom and gloom, it should be a blast to attend.

Right?

Do I have it right?

Breadfan
02-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Maybe they'll webcast the taping like they did that one time last year...

Breadfan
02-12-2007, 10:58 AM
During the MIR all Fords event last year it was hard to find a 11 second plus match up. Other then my runs with Sherman, most of the cars were 11 second and below. Now taking into account Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler, I think the viewing public wants to see the fasted cars Maryland has to offer. Don't be fooled, Maryland has ton fast streetcars and trailer queens. We will be lucky to get a Marauder in the finals. You have to be on top of your reaction times to impress Rich. To date, I have not see a Pinks show that featured an 11.5 to 12.99 car. Not to seem all doom and gloom, it should be a blast to attend.

You are probably right, it would seem to me that bracket racing is actually more accurate if you want to get rid of "sand bagging" though.

Easy for someone to turn a 10 sec run, get in the finals, and then let the car really run and get a 9.5, whereas bracket racing you dial in and have to be accurate and be a good driver to win.

Still - I'm really looking forward to it. I'll bring my camera's too.

If a Marauder makes it on, I want to be in the big group that stands there as the cars line up. :)

Joe Walsh
02-12-2007, 05:45 PM
OK, I saw how Capitol Raceway told Tom that if he ran an 11.49 or quicker he was off the track...

I believe that a roll bar is required to run 11.49 or quicker at Capitol Raceway.

What is required at M.I.R. to run quicker than 11.49??
(Mark & Mike, I think that you've run at M.I.R. before...?)

Roll Bar?
Driveshaft Loop?
Fire retardent jacket?
Bellhousing 'Scatter Blanket'?

What if I trunk mount my battery?
Do I have to mount one of those hideous Kill Switches in the rear valence?

merc
02-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Below is a link to IHRA rules
http://www.maritimedragracing.com/id5.htm

To answer your question Joe, I have never had a Tech inspection where they check for drive shaft loop, or roll bar. The fire retardant jacket is a standard with most racers. Relocating the battery will add some flags to your inspection. Marauders are rarely seen in competition. Most inspectors overlook the car for stock. If I were you I would take some timing out the car to stay above 11.5 and keep the stock battery location.

Note: I believe Pinks uses a Pro Tree.

OK, I saw how Capitol Raceway told Tom that if he ran an 11.49 or quicker he was off the track...

I believe that a roll bar is required to run 11.49 or quicker at Capitol Raceway.

What is required at M.I.R. to run quicker than 11.49??
(Mark & Mike, I think that you've run at M.I.R. before...?)

Roll Bar?
Driveshaft Loop?
Fire retardent jacket?
Bellhousing 'Scatter Blanket'?

What if I trunk mount my battery?
Do I have to mount one of those hideous Kill Switches in the rear valence?

2ndMDRebel
02-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Watched the 'Pinks All Out" episode from Texas and was a bit disappointed. Seems they chose vehicles that ran 10.0 and other than the Corvettes appeared to be purpose built for drag racing. Guess they want drag cars and not fast street cars. I'm still stoked about the whole thing, getting to spend a weekend with some fellow Marauderers and racing to boot, just don't see it getting any better than that!

merc
02-22-2007, 07:11 AM
PINKS ALL OUT is now a Racer SELL OUT!
Don't Miss the Main Event on Sat., June 9th!
Spectator Tickets - $20 (Available at Event)

I'm still stoked about the whole thing, getting to spend a weekend with some fellow Marauderers and racing to boot, just don't see it getting any better than that!

This should be a blast if you don't mind sitting around most of the day waiting for 2 runs, but that's life at the track. Almost like the Army, hurry up and wait.

Breadfan
02-22-2007, 07:22 AM
I watched last night too, but missed part of it. I did see them pick the 10 second cars.

I figure they may mix it up a bit from show to show. Since they show the viewers what they pick, they'll probably go for a different group from time to time. Part of me wonders if they also look for the group of 16 that is closest together.

If it were me, and I were taping a show, I'd take the 16 SLOWEST cars.

That'd give me more film per run to edit my show, and you can extend that "going down the track" scene even longer. :) ;) That's like 2-3 more seconds of film to play with!

Blown3.8
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Yup Dad(Sherman) and I(Chris) are signed up! Can't wait! I'll have my mid 12 high 11 V6 T-Bird hope someone makes the show or maybe even some clips of the time runs make the show. Oh yeah one of my buddies will have his V6 Bird there also, haven't heard from anyone else from the T-bird camp but they like to surprise. see ya there.

merc
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
It’s official; I got my Pinks ticket and number (1094) in the mail. :burnout:

2ndMDRebel
03-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm also official... #1121 !!!

Breadfan
03-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I had mine too the other day, 1089 is me

DEFYANT
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Shucks, I missed it.

merc
03-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Shucks, I missed it.

You could still see the show live Saturday night. You might even find some friends roaming the track.

DEFYANT
03-15-2007, 08:23 PM
You could still see the show live Saturday night. You might even find some friends roaming the track.

I'll probably get down there to watch. How cool would this have been if they did it during MV5? We could have really shown up in force!

Joe Walsh
03-15-2007, 09:09 PM

:banana2: :burn:

BTW: Last week's show was won by an old FORD Pick-up....that hauled A$$!

Joe Walsh
06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Well guys, I'm F'd!

I won't make it to MIR this weekend.:mad:

I just called them and told them to cancel my number and give it to someone on the waiting list. (100+ people on the waiting list)

merc
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hear that Joe. Was really looking forward to a large Marauder turnout.

Bluerauder
06-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Well guys, I'm F'd!

I won't make it to MIR this weekend.:mad:

Sorry to hear this Joe. Hope it is just schedule problems and not car problems.

Joe Walsh
06-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear this Joe. Hope it is just schedule problems and not car problems.

No problem with the engine...

It is still N/A but the tune is too lean....I'm not going to spend lots of money on a new N/A* dynotune.
I'll just keep putting EXPENSIVE Sunoco GT100 in it for now.
N/A, I'm only going to run low 13s in the heat and that won't cut it for PINKS.
I called MIR about substituting the 427 Cobra, but it won't pass Tech without a 6 point roll cage.:mad:
I'm kinda pissed, but I hope my fellow CAMmers will have fun and represent the Marauder faithful!

*(The Procharger install is further delayed by graduations, weddings, family reunions and the planning of Marianne and my upcoming wedding.
At this point in time I'm losing interest in even installing the blower...:(..I rarely drive the Marauder and during the summer I'm more inclined to fire up the Cobra.
Just not enough time and money to concentrate on the car hobby right now.
I'm thinking about selling the 84 GT Turbo project Mustang to get that out of my driveway.
Oh Boy! Do I sound married already!)

Breadfan
06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey look at it this way those boxes take up a lot less space when they're bolted to the car. :)

Sorry you'll not be able to run Joe, too bad about the Cobra that would be great to see going down the track.

merc
06-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Head count, who is entered ?

Sherman, Chris, and I will be attending the Pinks test and tune Friday. Hopefully we will not have problems for the Saturday show.

Breadfan
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I'll see you on Saturday morning I don't think I'll make it down Friday.

merc
06-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Midnight update from Pinks MIR. The heat was brutal today. We hit temperatures over 100 at the track. Sherman and I were the only Marauders in Test-N-Tune Friday. We were .6 to .8 off our regular times and I struggled to stay within the qualifying time of 12.99. Maryland is known for fast cars but this competition brought drivers from Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. One thing for sure, the final 16 will not be a 12 second or 11 second car, because there are only 5 cars in that group. If I had my guess I would pick the 9-second group for the finals. It’s been a long hot day. Getting up 5:50 in the morning to do it all again is tortuous.

Breadfan
06-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the update, should be cooler tomorrow, see you in the AM

Breadfan
06-20-2007, 05:01 PM
I was checking the PINKS Schedule, just was curious, it's odd to see the word "Marlyand" listed several times on the show schedule - I'd wonder if this is All-Out MIR but first air date on the 22nd at 730 AM indicates it's a rerun - maybe a PINKS regular from MIR back in the day?

http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/schedule.php

Edit: Nevermind, if you check the main speed schedule it differentiates between the two. This week (tonight) is Phoenix, next week is Florida. Then it's off the air for a bit through July.

So perhaps Aug/Sept timeframe. That makes better since considering all the footage they film at these events!

Bluerauder
06-20-2007, 05:31 PM
I was checking the PINKS Schedule, just was curious, it's odd to see the word "Marlyand" listed several times on the show schedule -

Where's Marlyand?? ;)

sweetair
06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
:alone:
Where's Marlyand?? ;)Hey Charlie, it's right above "Virginai". Dontcha know that??;)

Breadfan
06-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Oops! Can't type!

Bluerauder
06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
:alone:Hey Charlie, it's right above "Virginai". Dontcha know that??;)
OK, that's explains the Navel Academy location much better. ;)