PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Avic D2 Navigtion Special

Pops
02-14-2007, 02:37 PM
OK guys here is the first buy available. Pioneer has put a great buy on the Avic D2 nav. unit. I have 3 of these available at 719.00 each. This is a double din deck with Nav., Satellite Cd changer and a host of other features. If you want to add amps and subs it has all the RCA preouts that you need. For 60.00 you can a steering wheel control adapter. This deal is good until March 2nd. I accept credit cards and can also do Pay Pal but add on the charges which are 3%. You can also send a check.
WE also do layaway on products here. PM me for what your needs are on these units.
Self install support comes with all products purchased from us. I have all the install products you need in stock. UPS shipping will be billed out at actual cost. The units come with a one year warranty.

Dennis Reinhart
02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
This is a awesome deal and I am in on it, this is a touch screen so there is no flip down display, these units do not work well in the Marauder the flip down thats why I chose this touch screen and it allows the steering wheel controls to be used, thanks John.

rvaldez1
02-14-2007, 06:03 PM
This is a awesome deal and I am in on it, this is a touch screen so there is no flip down display, these units do not work well in the Marauder the flip down thats why I chose this touch screen and it allows the steering wheel controls to be used, thanks John.

Ya, this is a amazing deal, I buy wholesale and these are never under $950.

KillJoy
02-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I am kind of interested.

Does anyone have a pic of one installed???

KillJoy

magindat
02-15-2007, 07:00 AM
I am kind of interested.

Does anyone have a pic of one installed???

KillJoy

There's a pic of my D1 in my gallery.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/P0004663.JPG

KillJoy
02-15-2007, 07:05 AM
DAYUM!!!!! That looks NICE!!!!

How does the gap around look? Is it very noticable????? Does it look that good in person?

KillJoy

Pops
02-15-2007, 07:18 AM
If you use a mounting kit they look great. I had avic Z1 in my Grand Monkey. The GM has the same dash as the Marauder.

KillJoy
02-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Does it intergrate into the factory wiring easily? Do you need to chop up the wiring harness to install it?

KillJoy

magindat
02-15-2007, 08:05 AM
DAYUM!!!!! That looks NICE!!!!

How does the gap around look? Is it very noticable????? Does it look that good in person?

KillJoy

The gap is actually a mounting flange with tiny screw holes in it. The surround that comes with the unit doesn't fit the gap right, but could be trimmed. I like the look of the flange, but it is so small, you actually have to point it out to people. The flange it self is black, so not noticable at all.

Pops
02-15-2007, 08:08 AM
You can buy a harness that plugs into your Marauder harness and will need to tap into the speed sensor wire. WE will walk you through this. The area behind the radio will need to be worked on also. It takes Andy about 3 hours to install a Nav. system.

magindat
02-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Does it intergrate into the factory wiring easily? Do you need to chop up the wiring harness to install it?

KillJoy

I used a metra harness which I'm sure John has and it was very easy. match color to color, use pin 18 (I think?) for the speed sensor. That's it, unless you are running a sub or something.

The unit will not allow the playing of DVD's or the operation of navigation while moving. However, there is a 'trick' to activate these functions. I'll be happy to tell the tale over PM. I think Pioneer no likey the dealers doing the trick, so I'll keep it off this thread and out of John's forum.

Of note, operating the factory sub with this unit would be a pain. If you decide on an aftermarket radio, plan on changing the sub.

However, the unit DOES have an internal crossover (unusual) and will apply it's own power crossed over (just like factory) to your separates and bass only to your sub. I use my D1 in this config and it works GREAT. 50W per speaker is plenty of power for eliminating road noise!

magindat
02-15-2007, 08:17 AM
You can buy a harness that plugs into your Marauder harness and will need to tap into the speed sensor wire. WE will walk you through this. The area behind the radio will need to be worked on also. It takes Andy about 3 hours to install a Nav. system.

It's easy. There's a tiny 'lip' in the front of the opening that needs to be cut\ground off. Then, I cut the 'tray' behind the stock radio about 1-1/2' from the back completely off. This allows the harness bulk and the SWIX to drop behind the dash (AC controls). I then zip tie the SWIX to the metal behind the kick panel next to the go pedal so it could be reprogrammed or changed without taking apart the install if I ever wanted to.

It takes me about 4-5 hours total with the antenna and everything. I'm experienced, but don't do near as many as a daily pro. I'm also meticulous as hell. Besides, I do em for friends, not to run a business. Time is money! 3-hrs sounds right for someone who does them daily.

magindat
02-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Installing this unit is a cake walk even for the inexperienced. It's just time-consuming. I'm always happy to help and John is offering support.

I paid $1200 for my unit. $950 mentioned above is the going wholesale rate, so this deal is ridiculous. You could pay this much for a non-nav unit!

I couldn't be happier with my D1.

Hey John, you got the nav update discs for D1? If so how mucho?

magindat
02-15-2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069681_295585964,00 .html

Pops
02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
We use a Scoche Double Din kit and the deck mounts to the dash trim panel. Remove the heater controls so you can guide the wiring thru the heater control opening. That way you dont have to screw the trim ring on. the Avic D2 does not play DVD movies. Thanks Rich for your help!

magindat
02-15-2007, 08:55 AM
We use a Scoche Double Din kit and the deck mounts to the dash trim panel. Remove the heater controls so you can guide the wiring thru the heater control opening. That way you dont have to screw the trim ring on. the Avic D2 does not play DVD movies. Thanks Rich for your help!

True, I mis-stated. The D2 has a video source input which will not display unless parked.

Hey John, did you send DR the kit and harness? I'll be doing his install. Thanx!

KillJoy
02-15-2007, 09:45 AM
the Avic D2 does not play DVD movies

If this does not (cannot) play DVD Movies, parked or not, then I think I will have to pass.

:(

KillJoy

magindat
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
If this does not (cannot) play DVD Movies, parked or not, then I think I will have to pass.

:(

KillJoy

Steve, you should call me. It would crazy for you to pass up this deal. There's a way it can play unlimited movies and mp3's for under 200 bucks. You'd STILL be WAY cheaper than anything even remotely close on teh market. Trust me man. Have I ever steered you wrong?!

Zack
02-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Will this system help Steve find his pecker? http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/leghump.gif

magindat
02-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Will this system help Steve find his pecker? http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/leghump.gif

Only if he knows his pecker's address and can enter it into the nav system!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/tnt-n-ch.gif

OneBADLsE
02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Only if he knows his pecker's address and can enter it into the nav system!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/tnt-n-ch.gif

Its about a block north of Uranus ave I believe.... :lol:

burt ragio
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
After many hours of study I purchased a magellen 760 roadmate with external antena just last year. Voice rec 3D ect. Dash mounted hard wired just below the stereo and love it. But the pioneer Avic was my 1st pic many more bells & whistles stereo upgrades, back up cam, I Pod hookup, the list goes on & on. Not to mention I was looking at the older model with the flip up screen. The price was $1200. If anyone is thinking of a GPS & a way to upgrade their stereo this is a great option not to mention a fantastic price.I was gellin with my Magellen until you layed down such a great price.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

juno
02-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Its about a block north of Uranus ave I believe.... :lol:

RMAO!!!!

John,

That is a great deal!!

Pops
02-15-2007, 04:10 PM
One sold two more to go Thanks

GreekGod
02-15-2007, 10:35 PM
...I'll take one with everything, to go. I would like to do a layaway-MM is in storage. Probably best if I have you do the install when the roads are clear. I will phone you Friday in the AM.

Pops
02-16-2007, 06:40 AM
That will be ok. Thank you Greek God.
2 sold one left to go!

GreekGod
02-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Price:$979.95

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/common/customer-reviews/stars-5-0.gif AVIC-D2, January 9, 2007
Reviewer:Ryan R. Schram (http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AELV1042OK17H/ref=cm_cr_auth/002-6675397-6677635) (Fairbanks, Alaska) - See all my reviews (http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/AELV1042OK17H/ref=cm_cr_auth/002-6675397-6677635?ie=UTF8&sort%5Fby=MostRecentReview)
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/communities/reputation/c7y_badge_rn_1.gif (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=cm_rn_bdg_help/002-6675397-6677635?ie=UTF8&nodeId=14279681&pop-up=1#RN) Easiest navigational unit I have ever installed. There is NOT a hideaway "brain" on this unit. Total install time was 90 minutes. I am not a certified installer, but I have installed numerous complete systems.

The unit itself is very easy to use. I actually didn't even have to use the manual to figure out how to get places. The EQ system is one of the best I have ever seen; it is comparable to a separate EQ system.

Overall, besides the inability to play DVD's without a separate player / changer, this is the best navigation unit on the market in it's pricerange.

Date first available at Amazon.com: September 19, 2006

Pops
02-16-2007, 01:40 PM
SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone. If anyone else wants one PM me and I will try to find more.

Pops
02-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey guys someone changed there mind so I still have one Navagation unit left. Let me know who wants the last one.

Dennis Reinhart
02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Mine was sent today, Rich is coming this weekend to install mine we are going to do a photo shoot of the install for the club:banana2:

Todd
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone. If anyone else wants one PM me and I will try to find more.

John, Any chance you could find a deal like this on the Z1????

I have the Alpine IVA-W200. I am taking it out when my car is done at Dennis' and putting in the Z1. I would love to get a deal on one. The Z1 is NOT cheap.

Pops
02-22-2007, 07:46 AM
When you guys need equipment prices remember I can not always post the price due to manufacters pricing rules that I have to follow. I will PM in those cases.
Also I still have one Avic D2 left at the 719.00 price.
Thanks in advance to Dennis and Rich for doing the install thread on the D2.
We will also be doing these when we can.
Thanks again to those of you yhat bought the Avic D2, You will enjoy them!

Dennis Reinhart
02-22-2007, 08:01 AM
When you guys need equipment prices remember I can not always post the price due to manufactures pricing rules that I have to follow. I will PM in those cases.
Also I still have one Avic D2 left at the 719.00 price.
Thanks in advance to Dennis and Rich for doing the install thread on the D2.
We will also be doing these when we can.
Thanks again to those of you that bought the Avic D2, You will enjoy them!

This is the exact same thing with many of my GB you can not advertise under MSRP

ssmoke14
02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey, would any double din LCD unit fit? This is exactly what i've been wanting.

Pops
02-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Yes a double din does fit fine. You have to work over the cavity to install it. Watch Rhinehardts thread on the install. Do you only want Navigatin or do you want to play DVD. I have one more of the Avic D2 left if you want one.

Pops
03-15-2007, 10:14 AM
The Avic D2 is now sold out. Thanks everyone for your business!

magindat
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey, would any double din LCD unit fit? This is exactly what i've been wanting.

Buy a D3. Instructions on install are posted.

KillJoy
03-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Buy a D3.

I could NOT agree more!

Here is a link to John's AVIC D3 Sale (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34263). SWEET PRICING! :D

:up:

KillJoy

OneBADLsE
03-15-2007, 11:20 AM
nevermind...

KillJoy
03-15-2007, 11:21 AM
:shake:

KillJoy

KillJoy
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Hmmm.....you edited yours quickly :eek:

KillJoy

magindat
03-15-2007, 11:30 AM
nevermind...

:shake:

KillJoy

Why do I always miss the good stuff?

KillJoy
03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Why do I always miss the good stuff?

I dunno :coolman:

:help:

KillJoy

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey guys, not to bring up an old post but which dash kits have you guys used, and have they worked out nicely? I was on the scosche site but there looks to be like several kits that might work for it. I have a D1 not that it should make a big difference.