PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville V

SC Cheesehead
02-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey Guys!

Did you see the posting for MV-V? August 2-5th. Hosted by the CAM.

I checked distance/timing, and it looks like FBM and Steven Cory have the shortest routes this year, me and the CLT guys the longest:

Raleigh-Cary: 4 1/2 hrs., 273 mi.
New Bern: 5 1/2 hrs., 325 mi.
Charlotte: 6 1/2 hrs., 398 mi.
Greenville: 8 hrs., 495 mi. (even at this distance, still closer than last year)

I've already penciled in the dates, anybody else planning to go? Maybe we could even get together with Agent 79 up there, assuming he may attend. I owe him at least a beverage (or 3) for the 4:10's.

Hey, if the HQ hotel allows pets, I may even bring along Myer (a.k.a Winkie), the CM Wonder Mascot, for the event.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
02-16-2007, 08:31 AM
I already scheduled vaction for theose dates.... I'm goin'.

MarauderKnights
02-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I Am Going To Make Every Effort To Make It!! I Am A From That Area And Will Try To Go Back Home!

frdwrnch
02-17-2007, 06:17 AM
I think I'll be able to make it. I'm not making any other plans for that weekend. Haven't bee to DC in about 10 years. Would like to go again.

SC Cheesehead
02-17-2007, 06:57 AM
I know it's a ways off, but let's do some preliminary logistics planning.

I'm thinking about going up a day early to do some sightseeing (not certain yet), anybody else looking at going up on Wednesday, the 1st?

Also, what are good rendezvous points? Charlotte, I-85/I-40 split near Raleigh, I-85/I-95 intersection near Richmond? Any thoughts?

Would be nice to roll into Hagerstown with a half-dozen or so Carolina Marauders.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
02-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I know it's a ways off, but let's do some preliminary logistics planning.

I'm thinking about going up a day early to do some sightseeing (not certain yet), anybody else looking at going up on Wednesday, the 1st?

Also, what are good rendezvous points? Charlotte, I-85/I-40 split near Raleigh, I-85/I-95 intersection near Richmond? Any thoughts?

Would be nice to roll into Hagerstown with a half-dozen or so Carolina Marauders.

SCCH
I plan on leaving Wednesday.

For me, a good place to meet would be US1 & I-85 in Henderson, NC, then we could continue up I-85 to I-95, etc. You guys from the "south" should stay on I-85 instead of making a detour to Raleigh.

I'll look up some directions. We can go thru the wine country in northern Va., thu the twisties.

I think it would be great to have a caravan like MM IV.

Stevecory & Steve NC, you guys coming along?

BTW... over 3k in posts.....

SC Cheesehead
02-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I plan on leaving Wednesday.

For me, a good place to meet would be US1 & I-85 in Henderson, NC, then we could continue up I-85 to I-95, etc. You guys from the "south" should stay on I-85 instead of making a detour to Raleigh.

I'll look up some directions. We can go thru the wine country in northern Va., thu the twisties.

I think it would be great to have a caravan like MM IV.

Stevecory & Steve NC, you guys coming along?

BTW... over 3k in posts.....

Jim,

Well, that's 2 "for sures", 2 "probablies", what say the rest of you?

BTW, congrats on the postings!

SCCH

stevencory
02-26-2007, 07:21 AM
if (thisJobGoesPerm == TRUE)
{
MaraudervilleV=TRUE; :banana2:
}
else
{
StevenCory="SuperLoser"; :alone:
}

fastblackmerc
02-26-2007, 08:29 AM
We're rooting for ya Steve! :up:

SC Cheesehead
02-26-2007, 08:45 AM
We're rooting for ya Steve! :up:

X2!!

SCCH

slickster
04-18-2010, 01:40 AM
i was planning on snatching a rauder in late aug for the charlotte meet but if all my gang is ready to run how can i let them down :burnout:

fastblackmerc
04-18-2010, 04:42 AM
i was planning on snatching a rauder in late aug for the charlotte meet but if all my gang is ready to run how can i let them down :burnout:

Dude, you need to check the dates on the threads.... this Marauderville 5 was back in 2007! Were up to Marauderville 8.

This is the thread you want http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60312

Welcome to the site & the Carolina Marauders! :beer:

slickster
04-18-2010, 08:58 AM
i know but i was driveing my delorean and i hit the floxcapasator