PDA

View Full Version : Open House @ Fordwrench's Shop

frdwrnch
02-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, I'm having an open house at my shop Saturday March 17, 2007. I'm inviting the Southern Performance Ford Club, Carolinas Region Falcon Club and of course the Carolina Marauders. There will be Barbeque, horse shoes, nice cars and the opportunity to see the resources and current projects I'm working on. Hours 10:00 am 'til 4:00 pm.
Directions: From Charlotte take I-485 to Hwy 74 East(I believe it's exit 51). Turn right at the first light (Stallings Rd.). Take the third left on Smith Farm Rd.. I'm located on the right in the only curve on the road, adjacent to the cedar lumber yard. 3800-B Smith Farm Rd. Tan building behind the American Legion. (Hint: There is a 200 ft. tall cell tower that is based at my back door)Phone:704-684-0435. Look forward to seeing y'all there.

SC Cheesehead
02-17-2007, 06:50 AM
There will be Barbeque, horse shoes, nice cars and the opportunity to see the resources and current projects I'm working on. Hours 10:00 am 'til 4:00 pm.

I see one of the basic food groups is missing.

You want we should bring some beverages? :beer:

SCCH

Marauderman
02-17-2007, 03:01 PM
To help get the word out I've posted a new thread moving our monthly to your date--all sounds great Russell--can't wait to be there for pics , food and car looking.... Tom

Hey guys, I'm having an open house at my shop Saturday March 17, 2007. I'm inviting the Southern Performance Ford Club, Carolinas Region Falcon Club and of course the Carolina Marauders. There will be Barbeque, horse shoes, nice cars and the opportunity to see the resources and current projects I'm working on. Hours 10:00 am 'til 4:00 pm.
Directions: From Charlotte take I-485 to Hwy 74 East(I believe it's exit 51). Turn right at the first light (Stallings Rd.). Take the third left on Smith Farm Rd.. I'm located on the right in the only curve on the road, adjacent to the cedar lumber yard. 3800-B Smith Farm Rd. Tan building behind the American Legion. (Hint: There is a 200 ft. tall cell tower that is based at my back door)Phone:704-684-0435. Look forward to seeing y'all there.

Marauderman
02-17-2007, 03:49 PM

So me and Cheesehead are coming --who else----

jarchie
02-18-2007, 08:28 AM
We will be there if all goes well. We do have plans later that day.

fastblackmerc
02-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I should be there. Will be on my way to Atlanta for business......... and to get my exhaust work done.

frdwrnch
02-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Great guys! Look forward to seeing y'all there. Cheesehead, I should have the basic Cokes, Ice and water covered. The American Legion Post adjacent to my shop will be catering to those wanting a beverage of choice. My Snap On tool Guy used to be a stunt coordinator on the original Dukes of Hazzard and now he puts on "Dukes" show all over the country. He'll be there and may have a General Lee or Roscoe cop car. It should be a lot of fun!

fastblackmerc
02-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Sounds like alot of fun... I can't wait!!

stevencory
02-26-2007, 07:16 AM
:congrats:

I'll be there. I'm really lookin' forward to it.
:hug2:

fastblackmerc
02-26-2007, 07:17 AM
:congrats:

I'll be there. I'm really lookin' forward to it.
:hug2:

Steve, if you want to meet and caravan down there, let me know.

96DiamondVIII
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Seeing as how I've yet to manage to make it to a meet...maybe I can start with this one? I don't think I've got any plans on the 17th. fastblackmerc, perhaps I can join up with you around here and then roll down there?

Marauderman
03-02-2007, 05:02 AM
Seeing as how I've yet to manage to make it to a meet...maybe I can start with this one? I don't think I've got any plans on the 17th. fastblackmerc, perhaps I can join up with you around here and then roll down there?

am sure fastblackmerc would like a wing man with him---its more fun when 2+ are running ......you'll see.....

fastblackmerc
03-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll be meeting stevecory at 64 & 15/501 in Pittsboro around 0800 - 0830. May have Bob K & company meeting us there also. We can meet before someplace closer if you'd like.

fastblackmerc
03-02-2007, 05:59 AM
am sure fastblackmerc would like a wing man with him---its more fun when 2+ are running ......you'll see.....
Just a wingman???? Looks like it will be me, stevecory, Bob K and friend and now DiamondVIII. Looks a regular flight!!!!! :up:

Let's make it happen guys.....

fastblackmerc
03-02-2007, 06:01 AM
BTW.... I have a GPS and V1 radar detector.

SC Cheesehead
03-02-2007, 09:25 AM
So me and Cheesehead are coming --who else----

Talked with Russell yesterday, if my schedule holds, I will be getting the mods done at his shop that week. If so, will pick up the car that Saturday.....ooooooooooooohhhh boy, just like a kid at Christmas!:banana:

SCCH

fastblackmerc
03-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Talked with Russell yesterday, if my schedule holds, I will be getting the mods done at his shop that week. If so, will pick up the car that Saturday.....ooooooooooooohhhh boy, just like a kid at Christmas!:banana:

SCCH

Christmas in March... you can't beat that. If Russell needs any help I'll volunteer.

Marauderman
03-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Just a wingman???? Looks like it will be me, stevecory, Bob K and friend and now DiamondVIII. Looks a regular flight!!!!! :up:

Let's make it happen guys.....

.........well.........I did put in the "+" sign ...just in case---so I had you covered......

.so....to hi-jack a bit---next up for you maybe brakes????or after the big T install--cause ..uh....Russell is getting the Big T in four months---you know that --right?......looks like I'll have 3 to run against--yahoo

fastblackmerc
03-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Looks like I'll be doing the big brakes 1Q of 2008 or sooner. SC is on the horizon..... slooooooooooooooooowly approaching.....

Marauderman
03-06-2007, 05:17 AM

SCCH

I hope so --cause I want to see your face after taking your first drive -------I want to see that grinn from that kick in the rear your gonna feel ----the ..."oh holy phoop" story your gonna be holloring..:lol:

SC Cheesehead
03-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I hope so --cause I want to see your face after taking your first drive -------I want to see that grinn from that kick in the rear your gonna feel ----the ..."oh holy phoop" story your gonna be holloring..:lol:

Yep, just going with Stage 1 mods plus Steeda UDPs for now. Got a set of Megs 4" delete tips on order, but will get those installed later.

All the same, I can hardly wait!:banana:

SCCH

Agent M79
03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Yep, just going with Stage 1 mods plus Steeda UDPs for now.

It should wake up quite nicely. Getting a tune too?

SC Cheesehead
03-07-2007, 05:00 AM
It should wake up quite nicely. Getting a tune too?

:D Yup!:D

SCCH

Marauderman
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
BUMP Time Folks--Read Below---see ya on St. Pats Day--17th-prolly some green liquid around----whatta think there SC Cheese...

SC Cheesehead
03-11-2007, 12:44 PM
BUMP Time Folks--Read Below---see ya on St. Pats Day--17th-prolly some green liquid around----whatta think there SC Cheese...

Dropped my MM off at frdwrnch's shop yesterday. Will pick it up next Saturday, you can bet I'll be there bright and early to give it the first test drive with mods installed!

Rumor has it that the American Legion hall next door to the shop sells "adult beverages," so there's at least a 50% (heck, 90%! :lol: ) chance that I may sample one (heck, prolly more than one! :lol: ), be it green or otherwise, while on the premises. If E-Dubb has the day off, he may come along to spread a little of his special brand of sunshine (as in:bs: ).

SCCH

fastblackmerc
03-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Dropped my MM off at frdwrnch's shop yesterday. Will pick it up next Saturday, you can bet I'll be there bright and early to give it the first test drive with mods installed!

Rumor has it that the American Legion hall next door to the shop sells "adult beverages," so there's at least a 50% (heck, 90%! :lol: ) chance that I may sample one (heck, prolly more than one! :lol: ), be it green or otherwise, while on the premises. If E-Dubb has the day off, he may come along to spread a little of his special brand of sunshine (as in:bs: ).

SCCH
Can't wait.....

fastblackmerc
03-13-2007, 10:32 AM
The time is approaching!

So far this is what we have this Saturday:

0730-0745 - 96DiamondVIII and I will meet at Cary Autopark (the Chevy, Dodge, Saturn, GMC section)
0830 - Meet stevcory, Bob K & friend at Lowe's Home Center at 15/501 & US-64 West. Bob K - blue CV, friend - red Mustang

US-64 West towards Asheboro
US-49 South towards Concord, Harrisburg & Charlotte
I-485 South towards Rock Hill
Merge onto East Independance Blvd. / US-74 East via EXIT 15B towards Monroe
Turn Right onto Stalling Road
Turn Left onto Smith Farm Road
3800-B Smith Farm Road

Marauderman
03-14-2007, 05:52 AM
The time is approaching!

So far this is what we have this Saturday:

0730-0745 - 96DiamondVIII and I will meet at Cary Autopark (the Chevy, Dodge, Saturn, GMC section)
0830 - Meet stevcory, Bob K & friend at Lowe's Home Center at 15/501 & US-64 West. Bob K - blue CV, friend - red Mustang

US-64 West towards Asheboro
US-49 South towards Concord, Harrisburg & Charlotte
I-485 South towards Rock Hill
Merge onto East Independance Blvd. / US-74 East via EXIT 15B towards Monroe
Turn Right onto Stalling Road
Turn Left onto Smith Farm Road
3800-B Smith Farm Road

Don't forget to bring your cameras.........

SC Cheesehead
03-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Don't forget to bring your cameras.........

^^^^^X2!!!^^^^^

Gonna be some nice cars there (not to mention some GREAT Marauders!)

SCCH

stevencory
03-15-2007, 05:50 AM
:( My sister called this morning to let me know my Grandpa Joe
passed away. I'm heading out tonight to travel to Chicago to
attend his funeral and to "be there" for my Aunts and Cousins.

My luck and meeting up with you guys is just not in the stars :help:

My sincere apologies, I won't be able to make it :bigcry:

:banana: Congratulations and good luck with the Grand Opening. :banana:

Peace,

Butch
03-16-2007, 07:25 AM
3800-B Smith Farm Rd.

Hey Frdwrnch. I'm planning on being there. Just want to verify the address. Is this a Charlotte address? I'm going to put it into my NAV system, and just want to make sure of what city I should be inputing. It's kind of picky about that.

Probably be close to lunch time when I get there, so I can have time to get my car out of "storage" and clean it up some first, plus give the streets time to dry up some.

See everyone there!

fastblackmerc
03-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Butch, actual address is:

3800-B Smith Farm Road
Matthews, NC 28104

See you there!

Butch
03-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks! I didn't think that was a Charolotte address, I was actually thinking it would be Monroe, but just needed to be sure.

SC Cheesehead
03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey Frdwrnch. I'm planning on being there.

See everyone there!

Hey Butch, haven't seen you for a while, will be good to get together again.

BTW, rumor has it that dok may even show up in his new ride.

SCCH

Agent M79
03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey Butch, haven't seen you for a while, will be good to get together again.

BTW, rumor has it that dok may even show up in his new ride.

SCCH

Newer than his last new ride? The 300C?

Marauderman
03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
OK--685 views--and 34 post responses---Ya'll know who you are----so come on folks---Tomorrow is the BIG DAY---POST up ---we want to see more of ya------( frdwrnch is paying me by the response--Shuuuu!)

SC Cheesehead
03-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Newer than his last new ride? The 300C?

Nope. Same ride, I guess it's been awhile since I've seen him...he was still running his SB-MM the last time we got together.

BTW, talked to frdwrnch today. Gears are in, CAI installed, chip has been flashed. UDP's haven't arrived yet, so will have to schedule another visit to get those put in.

Hope the weather is good tomorrow, can't wait to try out the car and see how she goes.

SCCH

96DiamondVIII
03-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Here's another hoping for good weather!!! Sadly, I held off until today on giving my car a much-needed wash without looking at the weather reports...and then all the rain today preventing me from washing it anyway. So it will not be clean like it deserves to be. :( But! I'll be there just the same and expecting to have a blast!

Marauderjack
03-17-2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks! I didn't think that was a Charolotte address, I was actually thinking it would be Monroe, but just needed to be sure.

From Monroe to Statesville to Gastonia to Rock Hill......It's ALL REALLY CHARLOTTE!!!!:mad2: :argue:

Marauderjack:cool:

Marauderman
03-17-2007, 05:08 AM
From Monroe to Statesville to Gastonia to Rock Hill......It's ALL REALLY CHARLOTTE!!!!:mad2: :argue:

Yeah---boroughs like Altlanta.........

SC Cheesehead
03-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by Marauderjack http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=479196#post47 9196)

Yeah---boroughs like Altlanta.........

Yep, and it just keeps on growing.

Another couple of years and I'll be living in one of the "outlying" suburbs!;)

SCCH

Marauderjack
03-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Marauderjack http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=479196#post47 9196)

Yep, and it just keeps on growing.

Another couple of years and I'll be living in one of the "outlying" suburbs!;)

SCCH

One reason I moved to Beaufort.....It will take a few years for Charlotte to "engulf" us....I HOPE!!!:eek:

Marauderman
03-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Pic of the outing today are in a new thread--same basic heading---seeum there= Tom