PDA

View Full Version : MVV Update #3 Event Schedule

MyTMerc
02-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Here is the preliminary events schedule. We may tweak a start/finish time but these are the events we have planned.

Wednesday Afternoon
Registration begins at host hotel (4pm-8pm)
Sheraton Four Points, Hagerstown, MD

Thursday Morning

Registration continues at host hotel (8am~1100am)
Group Breakfast at (8am-9:30am)
Richardson's Restaurant
Free Time/Car Prep (9:30am-12pm)

Thursday Afternoon

Depart for picnic area at 12pm-6pm
Washington County Regional Park (alcohol-free)
Food and Entertainment/Vendor Raffle
Car Show at park

Judging from 2-4pm

Thusday Evening

Free Time
(Outlet shopping, Slots, etc - More info provided in welcome package and later posts)

Friday Morning

TBD morning departure for Mason-Dixon Dragway for 1/4 mile racing - Wrap up prior to evening event departure.
Non-Racers - Free time or Organized road tour. We'll poll the net with available options. There's a lot to do and see nearby.
Friday Late Afternoon/Evening

All - 3:15pm Marauder Cruise to Cruise - depart hotel for Dinner Boat Cruise
5:45pm arrival at Baltimore's Inner Harbor
6:30pm Boarding time
7pm-1000pm Dinner Boat Cruise (Casual Attire)
Crab Feast (non-seafood items also on menu)
Awards Presentation

Saturday Morning

9am departure - Cruise to Washington, DC for National Mall Tour
10:30am - All Photo Shoot at Lincoln Memorial - then tour the monuments and museums
Saturday Late Afternoon

4:30pm depart DC for host hotel (or stay and enjoy DC)
Saturday Evening Free Time
Sunday Morning

Farewell Breakfast 8-9:30am
Richardson's Restaurant
As you can see, it's a full schedule. There was more we would have liked to do and see as a group but we are sticking with the time available. We tried to plug in some free time where possible to venture out on your own or organize a local sight seeing tour at one of the Hagerstown area sites. We hope you will enjoy your time in the Capital Region. If you have more time, there is plenty to do here. You could easily spend weeks and not run out of things to do.

KillJoy
02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Man...NICE SCHEDULE!!!!

Anyone want to Sponsor me so I can attand????

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

MarauderTJA
02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice work Shaun:up: Looks like you have got the plan together.

JMan
02-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Shaun and CAMmer kids,
That looks top notch! Way to get it together. Gosh, I hope I can make it. I would certainly enjoy a MV that someone else put together.

Much success,

J

MyTMerc
02-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Nice work Shaun:up: Looks like you have got the plan together.

Thanks Tom. It was a group CAM effort! We appreciate all the help and guidance provided by you, Zoltan and the rest of the Sunshine group!

N40GL
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Observation: We need to add a slot (about 60 minutes) for all competition entrants to congregate for judging. In other words, we need to get everyone in one place at one time for that - which is also a good time to take a group photo from the roof of the hotel.

MyTMerc
02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Observation: We need to add a slot (about 60 minutes) for all competition entrants to congregate for judging. In other words, we need to get everyone in one place at one time for that - which is also a good time to take a group photo from the roof of the hotel.

Mark,
Good put. This will get covered in the planning meeting but it's already been worked as part of the proposal submission process. Where we are parking for the picnic is a perfect spot for a group photo. It's at the bottom of a sloping hill and the cars will be lined up for judging. Those that will not want to have there cars judged will park immediatley behind in the next row of parking. I've enlisted my daughter to help with the photo events. I've got to get a return on those 4 years of college photography and graphic arts class I'm paying for.

We can probably get some good candid shots from the roof of the hotel of people preping for the event that are staying at the hotel. Looks like we'll have a lot of CAM members joining us for events but not staying/parking at the hotel.

DL04
02-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Shaun -Plans look great- one question ,at the picnic it says Alcohol- Free is that free :beer: or no :beer: allowed :D

Haggis
02-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Shaun -Plans look great- one question ,at the picnic it says Alcohol- Free is that free :beer: or no :beer: allowed :D

No alcohol allowed.

Bluerauder
02-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Nice try, Dennis !!! :D

O's Fan Rich
02-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Might need to do a "hit and run" for Friday.... schedules getting tight.

DL04
03-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice try, Dennis !!! :D

Had to try:D

Bluerauder
03-26-2007, 05:12 PM
:bump: :bump:

FastMerc
03-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Well that sounds like fun I may need to split cost of room,not sure yet! But I will be there one way or another!!! When does registration start?

MyTMerc
03-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Well that sounds like fun I may need to split cost of room,not sure yet! But I will be there one way or another!!! When does registration start?

We'd like to kick off registration in May. Just a few more financial details to work out before we open the box office. :banana:

Look for a Super Charger Raffle coming soon!

Cobra25
04-07-2007, 04:35 AM
Impressive Schedule Shaun. I'ts alota work but all worth it in the end.

Pops
04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Did someone say SUPERCHARGER RAFFLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

MM03MOK
05-24-2007, 07:13 PM
:bump: :bump:

Bluerauder
05-29-2007, 04:05 PM
:bump: Time to get your hotel reservations before the rate jumps. :D You don't want to miss out on the "after hours" activities. ;)

Here is the preliminary events schedule. We may tweak a start/finish time but these are the events we have planned.

Wednesday Afternoon

Thursday Morning

Richardson's Restaurant

Thursday Afternoon

Car Show at park

Judging from 2-4pm

Thusday Evening

Free Time
(Outlet shopping, Slots, etc - More info provided in welcome package and later posts)

Friday Morning

TBD morning departure for Mason-Dixon Dragway for 1/4 mile racing - Wrap up prior to evening event departure.
Non-Racers - Free time or Organized road tour. We'll poll the net with available options. There's a lot to do and see nearby.

All - 4:15pm Marauder Cruise to Cruise - depart hotel for Dinner Boat Cruise
Awards Presentation

Saturday Morning

10:30am - All Photo Shoot at Lincoln Memorial - then tour the monuments and museums
Saturday Late Afternoon

Sunday Morning

Richardson's Restaurant
As you can see, it's a full schedule. There was more we would have liked to do and see as a group but we are sticking with the time available. We tried to plug in some free time where possible to venture out on your own or organize a local sight seeing tour at one of the Hagerstown area sites. We hope you will enjoy your time in the Capital Region. If you have more time, there is plenty to do here. You could easily spend weeks and not run out of things to do.

fastblackmerc
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Wednesday Afternoon

Thursday Morning

Richardson's Restaurant

Thursday Afternoon

Car Show at park

Judging from 2-4pm

Thusday Evening

Free Time

Friday Morning

All - 3:15pm Marauder Cruise to Cruise - depart hotel for Dinner Boat Cruise
Awards Presentation

Saturday Morning

Saturday Late Afternoon

Sunday Morning

Richardson's Restaurant

Is it possible to get the event schedule updated wit th latest info?

Thanks!

Bluerauder
06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Is it possible to get the event schedule updated wit th latest info?

Thanks!
Its working & under review. Check back real soon !!!

Kennyrauder
06-23-2007, 07:52 PM
We have the days but what are the dates.... lost in a fog.... family problems... I may try to go it alone. Kennyrauder.

MM03MOK
06-23-2007, 08:03 PM
We have the days but what are the dates.... lost in a fog.... family problems... I may try to go it alone. Kennyrauder.
Aug. 2 - 5, 2007

Bluerauder
06-24-2007, 04:42 AM
The Updated Event Schedule is posted here >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=503932#post50 3932