PDA

View Full Version : Carded VA.MM in Charlotte

Marauderman
02-21-2007, 04:59 AM
A bit late , but I carded a black MM in Charlotte on the 16th, last Friday. It was in the Sams parking lot in the University Area.

Had Va. plates # "LYCAON"-a personal pate for sure....meaning?????????..

Hope the driver checks us out and sees something worth posting up about...

in any case. Welcome aboard...........Tom

Master
02-21-2007, 05:53 AM
"Carded"? I've heard the term before. How does this work?

Marauderman
02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
"Carded"? I've heard the term before. How does this work?

It when you spot another MM somewhere and driver isn't around--you place a "card" under their windshield ..The car is one we have been passing around for years--filled out telling the new owner of this site and to check in and look us over----and a place for your "screen" member name as to whom its from........

post edit:--I don't have any pics of them right now--maybe some one will post up a pick of the cards...............

Master
02-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Would be good. Always assumed it was something you guys had worked out a while before I came along. If there is a standard "card" I could edit and print I wouldn't mind doing so.

Marauderman
02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Would be good. Always assumed it was something you guys had worked out a while before I came along. If there is a standard "card" I could edit and print I wouldn't mind doing so.

There use to be some available here on the board---Will check around and see for ya--meanwhile---stay tuned to this post and others -----try the "search" area and see what pops up--I'll take some pics of those I have and see if they post up good enough---....Tom

Mopar Boy
02-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Tom there is a lady up my way in K-Town that drives a black MM with a small spoiler on the trunk. For 14...

She or her Husband keep that thing clean all the time!!!! :coolman:

MENINBLK
02-21-2007, 11:42 PM
If I card you, I also leave a Marauder pen... :coolman:

Master
02-22-2007, 05:13 AM
Pens too? Seriously?

Marauderman
02-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Tom there is a lady up my way in K-Town that drives a black MM with a small spoiler on the trunk. For 14...

She or her Husband keep that thing clean all the time!!!! :coolman:

.........ah yeah......spoiler...I would really like Red Line Beauty to have one of those........it would really present ( show) her much better...........hummm.....bir thday in about 80 or so days.........have to figure that as a way to explain it's arrival at the front steps.......yeah....thats the ticket.......:lol:

fastblackmerc
02-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Pens too? Seriously?

Seriously.... Check these posts... may still be available.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18349&highlight=cards+pens

Master
02-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I've PM'd SlowPoke. Haven't seen many posts by him lately. Hope he is still around.

Mopar Boy
02-22-2007, 04:20 PM
.........ah yeah......spoiler...I would really like Red Line Beauty to have one of those........it would really present ( show) her much better...........hummm.....bir thday in about 80 or so days.........have to figure that as a way to explain it's arrival at the front steps.......yeah....thats the ticket.......:lol:

Your car would LOOK SWEET!!! with one.... :beatnik:

SC Cheesehead
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Showoff!!!:D :D

SCCH

LittleSister
03-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Hello MarauderMan,

I did keep you card and finally had a moment to check out this whole Marauder "thing". I car was orginally my brother's who passed away in December. Since driving the car I have gotten more looks and compliments than ever before ~ so all of this is very new to me! But knowing my brother he only had the "best". Considering all the merchandise that came along with the car (leather jacket, etc.) this car is pretty special.

So this is a new experience for me, I just along for the ride.

LittleSister:banana2:

fastblackmerc
03-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Hello MarauderMan,

I did keep you card and finally had a moment to check out this whole Marauder "thing". I car was orginally my brother's who passed away in December. Since driving the car I have gotten more looks and compliments than ever before ~ so all of this is very new to me! But knowing my brother he only had the "best". Considering all the merchandise that came along with the car (leather jacket, etc.) this car is pretty special.

Sorry you got your MM that way :( . Hope you enjoy driving it. If you have any questions we are here to help.

SC Cheesehead
03-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Sorry you got your MM that way :( . Hope you enjoy driving it. If you have any questions we are here to help.

x2 to what FBM said. Hope you'll continue to check in and be a part of this group, they're a great bunch of people.

SCCH

BAD MERC
03-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Welcome 'little sister'..... The Marauder is indeed a very special machine. Not just a car - an extension of the owner's taste and performance expectations. Marauder owners in general are detail freaks and ONLY trust other Marauder drivers to do the "touchy feely". Keep that Marauder pristine - we all are sitting on the next collectible and is sure to fetch good money when the time to sell arrives. Tell us more about the one you have....

jgc61sr2002
03-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Little Sister - Sorry about your loss.

Marauderman
03-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Hello MarauderMan,

Oh --BTW--Where do you live?? -here in Charlotte???-it helps with alot of communication things---

Finally--Glad to see you join and post up --even if it was a most BAD situation to get the MM--any chance we could meet agian ???, locally and talk MM stuff--maybe get you to drive mine---but then again driving mine has been a bit adictive,,like when I drove TAF's--but just because its S/C'ed --doesn't mean anything--just ask "fastblackmerc"........again --glad you kept my card and though enough to find uis--we are fun--and someone to turn to when needed,,,,,,,,Tom

Bluerauder
03-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Since driving the car I have gotten more looks and compliments than ever before ~ so all of this is very new to me! But knowing my brother he only had the "best". Considering all the merchandise that came along with the car (leather jacket, etc.) this car is pretty special.

Welcome :welcome1: LittleSister to the MM.Net.

Condolences on the loss of your brother. :(

You are beginning to find out about the mystique of the Marauder. Come on out to one of the local, regional, or national Marauder gatherings and really catch the MM fever.

fastblackmerc
03-25-2007, 06:53 AM
LittleSister, check out the Marauderville V posts. It's being held in Hagerstown, MD.

LittleSister
04-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Are there any special auto shops where I should get the car serviced in Charlotte or than a dealership. I have been trying to read the other posts to locate shops that have a speciality in this type of vehicle.

Thanks

Marauderman
04-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Are there any special auto shops where I should get the car serviced in Charlotte or than a dealership. I have been trying to read the other posts to locate shops that have a speciality in this type of vehicle.

Thanks

My apoligies for not meantioning earlier that I am in Charlotte--ok for the shop--frdwrnch has his own now--he has an MM and is quit knowledgeable--his shop is just off 485 towards Monroe---you can PM him or me --I have his phone number if you want --depends on what your in need for your MM---tell us more on where u are located and stuff--let me/us know--we will help you out -----Tom

fastblackmerc
04-07-2007, 09:42 AM
My apoligies for not meantioning earlier that I am in Charlotte--ok for the shop--frdwrnch has his own now--he has an MM and is quit knowledgeable--his shop is just off 485 towards Monroe---you can PM him or me --I have his phone number if you want --depends on what your in need for your MM---tell us more on where u are located and stuff--let me/us know--we will help you out -----Tom

+1 for frdwrnch's shop!! :up: :up:

SC Cheesehead
04-07-2007, 08:08 PM
+1 for frdwrnch's shop!! :up: :up:

an enthusiastic +3 for frdwrnch's shop! You won't find a better guy in metro Charlotte to work on your MM.

SCCH