PDA

View Full Version : Install Secrets? Do tell

Zack
02-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey FIT Guys, just want to be armed with the most knowledge before installing Mike's blower.
Anything I should know ahead of time?
Any tools, tricks etc you guys used will be of help.
Thanks
Anyone got a .pdf manual I can sneak a peek at before hand?

magindat
02-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Zack,
It's pretty straight-forward. We did Marc's used kit with no instructions and a lot of missing parts. There's nothing that's beyond your skills and I can't remember any real weirdness that needed a 'trick'.
Probly the best advice is get the thing filled with oil and bolted to the plate and get the studs in the chain cover. Then, you can place the whole unit on the studs. That beyotch is HEAVY when you're leaning over like that. We ended up having to shim the plate around a bit with washers to get it to line up with the belt just right. We couldn't find studs on a Sunday, so we used bolts. Studs are included in the kit, but they didn't come with the 'used' kit. I'm sure you won't have such problems with a new kit.
It'll take longer than you think, so start early and have food and drink nearby.
Don't forget to reconnect the IAC vac line!!!! That was our only f-up!
I guess it would help a lot with the piping to have one person below and one above. Eddie (Blackmobile) and I did the piping and it was definately easier with two people. Greggash and RoyL.Pita did the injectors, but I don't remember ay issues.
Good luck, bro.
Rich

da'law
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
PM sent to you

Hey FIT Guys, just want to be armed with the most knowledge before installing Mike's blower.
Thanks

RoyLPita
02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Contact, Blackmobile, Greggash, and John Nero. They were helping with installing John's Kit. BTW, it was me and Blackmobile who took care of the injectors. There are pics in Marc's gallery that proves this.

magindat
02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Contact, Blackmobile, Greggash, and John Nero. They were helping with installing John's Kit. BTW, it was me and Blackmobile who took care of the injectors. There are pics in Marc's gallery that proves this.

Yeah, tough to remember since I was in my shop fabricating tons of missing parts!!!!

You rember anything tricky, Bri?

RoyLPita
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Rich, You pretty much nailed it on the head earlier. At least the complete kit might give the option of where the intercooler goes.

BTW, Zack, the manual is only about 8 pages.

TooManyFords
02-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks

I can bring over some extra parts I still have...

HwyCruiser
02-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Zack, my advice is to verify that the tune loads first. When finishing up the install just make sure you get all the factory connectors back on the sensors (new IAT gets mounted after the blower and intercooler). Recheck all of the hose clamps a few times before and after test driving. Good luck!

John Nero
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
give your self alot of time -15 hrs-still have the fuel pumps to install-twin ford gt pumps-to here it start up is the biggist high-make shure all air hose clamps are tight-took for a test drive on 95-one of the clamps was not tight-car died

Zack
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
give your self alot of time -15 hrs-still have the fuel pumps to install-twin ford gt pumps-to here it start up is the biggist high-make shure all air hose clamps are tight-took for a test drive on 95-one of the clamps was not tight-car died

I can swap the fuel pump in 25 minutes.

I dont think its gonna be that hard!

teamrope
02-26-2007, 10:36 PM
If you are installing the intercooler behind the grill it helps to connect the hoses to it first before you put it in, they are a PITA otherwise. Overall it was a simple straight forward install.

magindat
02-27-2007, 06:27 AM
If you are installing the intercooler behind the grill it helps to connect the hoses to it first before you put it in, they are a PITA otherwise. Overall it was a simple straight forward install.

Agreed. Made that mistake myself!

MarauderMarc
02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
I can bring over some extra parts I still have...

Oh here we go again.....the never ending BS still lives on.

BEST ADVICE FOR PEOPLE BUYING A BLOWER: NEVER EVER BUY A USED KIT!!!!!

Zack
02-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Oh here we go again.....the never ending BS still lives on.

BEST ADVICE FOR PEOPLE BUYING A BLOWER: NEVER EVER BUY A USED KIT!!!!!

It could be worse...
You could have ended up drinking used Kool-Aid :banned:

magindat
02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Now we're getting somewhere!!!!!

MarauderMarc
02-27-2007, 09:21 AM
mmmmmmmmm Kool-Aid......cures the cotton mouth!!!

O's Fan Rich
02-27-2007, 09:32 AM
You guys is funny.

Zack
02-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Rich, can you edit your sig, I can barely read it.

O's Fan Rich
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Rich, can you edit your sig, I can barely read it.

I tried... can't seem to make it work...
It is a bit small, huh?

Ok, that's about all I can get....