PDA

View Full Version : Car Painters in the area?

prettyrico
02-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey guys,

I posted a question about car painters such as Macco and Earl Sheib's quality on another site (cv.net)

and some posted this idea

"I don't believe those places use the nicer paints either.
They probably use a basic Sherwin Williams auto paint in huge barrels.
I think if I were to paint one of my cars good and inexpensively:
I'd hunt down some Dupont or PPG paint cheaply somewhere (ebay, wantad or auto paint store on clearance).
And then try to find someone on craigslist or somewhere who is a pro with a "pro gun" and a "pro wrist and eye" in a
dustless "pro environment".
These very well could be guys who work at maaco and earls
and have that shop and ovens to do it, but as sidework.
Every trade has guys looking for sidework.
Then I'd ask them what prep you can do and also do all the masking yourself.
That is probably the only way to get a 'great' paint job
under a $1,000."

Great Idea in my opinion, but the only problem is i haven't been able to find anyone on the listed channels......

So i come here to ask.......

Does anyone here know anybody that paints cars that give me a quality custom job for a good price?(900-1400)

Im not looking for anything Fancy just silver birch or jet black with a clear coat or two.

thanks for looking

Bigdogjim
02-26-2007, 07:40 PM
A job worth doing is worth doing right. Now what are you painting?

Prep work is what cost. My marauder was re-painted at cost of $8,200. (Ford paid)

I have a shop that will paint it if you prep it. I am about 175 miles north of DC.

prettyrico
02-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the response,

It is a 2003 CV PI and i had actually planned to do most of the prep work my self to save on cost.

175 north? close enough for me....pm the details

Bigdogjim
02-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Will speak with my buddies today and PM you this afternoon.

Breadfan
02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
In Manassas, VA, there's a few right near each other:

Campbells Customs
Precision Auto Body

Both have good reputations and Campbell has done some custom work in our local Mustang club.

prettyrico
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh this car is going to be a marauder swap...bumper covers,seats lights...the works.....everything that says marauder will be sewed over or filled in.

Got most of the parts dirt cheap i.e. front seat's 125 each.....

Breadfan
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
If you have a good Marauder front or rear bumper cover and intend to modify them, you may want to consider using a Grand Marquis or Crown vic cover to modify, the Marauder specific parts are harder to come by and worth alot more, if you intend to customize I'd consider those as options if they'd work for you.

I had contact info for both places, I have not had work done at either place yet but have visited both and felt comfortable at both places. YMMV.

Campbells Customs
(703) 393-8315

Precision AutoBody
Phone & Fax
(703) 335-0080
(703) 335-5379

prettyrico
02-27-2007, 03:54 PM
good idea...i was gonna fill the marauder lettering in on the rear bumper but now i more than likely wont

thanks alot for the numbers ill call em up for some prices tomorrow

Tom Doan
02-28-2007, 06:14 AM
I use Paul Quattro's Burtonsville Autobody, close and will work with you.