PDA

View Full Version : 91 octane tune

SlkMerc
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Hello Lidio,

I purchased Rich Long's hand held and the 3.55/4.10 tunes that you did for him. It took a couple of trys to get it to "take". I disconnected the neg side of the battery for 30 minutes, removed the fuel pump fuse and installed the 3.55. I really like it. Shifts are more positive and less effort on the throttle to make the big girl move.

Questions: I understand that you have a 91 octane tune as well. Can I switch tunes around as I want? How is the tune delivered to me and I assume I need a cable to get them off the PC. Lastly, what is the cost of the tune.

Thanks!
Don

Lidio
03-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello Lidio,

I purchased Rich Long's hand held and the 3.55/4.10 tunes that you did for him. It took a couple of trys to get it to "take". I disconnected the neg side of the battery for 30 minutes, removed the fuel pump fuse and installed the 3.55. I really like it. Shifts are more positive and less effort on the throttle to make the big girl move.

Questions: I understand that you have a 91 octane tune as well. Can I switch tunes around as I want? How is the tune delivered to me and I assume I need a cable to get them off the PC. Lastly, what is the cost of the tune.

Thanks!
Don

If you have an Xcal-II that was purchased from me in the last year or so, it will have the end user adjustability that will allow you to pull or add a small amount of timing.
If it doesn't have that feature or as you mentioned did not come with the 91 octane tune included, you'll have to return the unit to me to add both. We don't support e-mailing the tune for the MMs.

If you return it to me and it was originally purchased from me as you said, it'll be a fee of $50.00 (which includes the S/H back to you) to add the latest features and the 91 tune if you'd like. I'd try the 93 tune with your 91 octane and see how it runs and sounds, try to listing for spark knock. If it has the end user adjustability, simply start by pulling about 2 degrees at a time if it does indeed spark knock with the 93 tune.

Thanks

SlkMerc
03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Lidio. What I am hearing is a ping/knock when I get off the throttle and ease back into it. Its happened a few times that I can recall.
Here in Cali, The best octane I can get is 91. When I spoke to Rich about getting the tuner that you did for him, I mentioned the ECm code but did not tell him about the 91 oct. The unit doesnt have the capabilities of adjustment
Its the SCT excalibrator.

Say, do you also make a tune for 89 octane as well?

Thanks

Don Scurti