PDA

View Full Version : Daffodil Car Show April 21, 2007 Tacoma, WA

Blue03
03-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi ECM's,
I was curious so I called Russ of Tacoma Events. See post on the West Coast Marauders Forum...
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33950
If I understood everything, they are planning on a total of 173 cars for the show parking along the parade route. There will be however only 17 cars to participate in the Daffodil Parade... about one car from each club that shows up. Showing up at the Tacoma dome I guess they would select the cars that go into the parade. I guess the rest would go the parking along the parade route. He thought the clubs would be able to park together and would need a head count so they don't overshoot the 173 total cars.
This is the second year of the event and they had about 20,000 folks last year. He thinks it will be much bigger this year. They are planning on some Nascar celebs (he mentioned Kasey Kahne), the Governor, The Speed channel and other surprises (spoken like a promoter). Since it's all free we should probably cash in on some of those tax dollars as they are spent.
But anyway, once the parking slots are spoken for that's all... So does this sound like something anyone is interested in?? If It's a nice day, the people, music, food and cars might be fun.
Let me know... I thought I'd call Russ back in a week or so if we had any takers. I'm about 80% there for myself at this point.
Cheers

Blue03
03-09-2007, 12:20 AM
This will be a short thread... I'm gonna scrubb from the show/parade and go to a Trilogy Supercharger Install instead. :)

Ryans PI
03-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice choice ;)