PDA

View Full Version : Firearm Day in Ohio?

KillJoy
03-04-2007, 10:41 AM
This is a feeler thread.

I am wondering if there would be any interest in a day of shooting come Spring?

There are two Shooting Ranges I have in mind.

1 - There is an Outdoor Range ran by the State in Delaware County (just North of Columbus). There is 50' Range for Pistols, a 100 yard Range for Rifles, and then an area for Shotguns using shot (you must provide your own throwers).

-----or-----

2 - Blackwing Shooting Center (http://www.blackwingsc.com/) They offer a 50' Pistol Range, a 75' Rifle Range (both indoor), and 8 Trap Fields. This is an AWESOME Facility!!

So, is there ANY interest???

KillJoy

Dragcity
03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I would LOVE to do this. I don't think I can legally travel into PA with my pistols though...

Why does this nation have such stupid handgun laws?

alarmguy
03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm in, I haven't been shooting in way too long.

JamesHecker
03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I'ld love too! A bit too far of a drive though. You guys have fun!

Haggis
03-05-2007, 04:13 AM
Hmmmm.....what to bring? Decisions, decisions, decisions.......

KillJoy
03-05-2007, 06:28 AM
If a firearm is legal where you live, and legal where you are going, it is legal everywhere in between.

You just have to obey all states transportation laws inbetween.

KillJoy

Dragcity
03-05-2007, 01:32 PM
The way I understand it is, I need a special permit to bring them through PA. PA does not have a Peaceable Journey Law. If I am correct, no states bordering NY give you the opportunity to travel into their states without a permit granted by their state.???

I'll have to look it up again and see....

I have lots of guns, and ammo.... "packing.org"

KillJoy
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Hmmmmm.....

KillJoy

PS - Move out of NY??? :D

Dragcity
03-05-2007, 01:44 PM
And find a new Wife....

Just looked it up again and .....

"
Peaceable journey law summary

Date updated: Aug 23, 2005 @ 9:07 pm
18 § 6106. (http://members.aol.com/StatutesP7/18PA6106.html) Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(a) Offense defined.--Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
11. Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state. "

KillJoy
03-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Uhhh.......ok?

Ohio does not issue Permits or Licenses to own a firearm. Does that mean I cannot take mine there????

KillJoy

Dragcity
03-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I know you will be up Craps Creek, with no padddle if you are in NYS with a handgun and no license.

Packing.org has a bit of contradiction. On PA page, says no Peaceable Journey, but PA law says you can go??? (with proper licensing) I think that a call to the State is in order. I don't want to end up losing my guns and winding up in jail..

You don't need anything to carry a gun in Ohio??? You mean, Joe citizen can walk into a gun shop, get a quick background check and walk out with a loaded gun on his hip (concealed or exposed?).????

Hmmmm. New York is way different. Can't even touch a handgun in a store without having a license to own one. Takes about 8 months to get the permit to buy. IN Erie County, where I live, they don't issue handgun permit without restrictions, such as, 'Hunting' - 'Target' - 'Home Security'. I have an unrestricted concealed carry, but it took me 10 years to get it.

Worlds Away..

KillJoy
03-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I know you will be up Craps Creek, with no padddle if you are in NYS with a handgun and no license.

Packing.org has a bit of contradiction. On PA page, says no Peaceable Journey, but PA law says you can go??? (with proper licensing) I think that a call to the State is in order. I don't want to end up losing my guns and winding up in jail..

You don't need anything to carry a gun in Ohio??? You mean, Joe citizen can walk into a gun shop, get a quick background check and walk out with a loaded gun on his hip (concealed or exposed?).????

Hmmmm. New York is way different. Can't even touch a handgun in a store without having a license to own one. Takes about 8 months to get the permit to buy. IN Erie County, where I live, they don't issue handgun permit without restrictions, such as, 'Hunting' - 'Target' - 'Home Security'. I have an unrestricted concealed carry, but it took me 10 years to get it.

Worlds Away..

A CC License is needed to carry.

However, I can walk into my favorite Firearms Dealer, and leave with all but a Class 3 in about 20 minutes.

FWIW, getting a CCW in Ohio is not hard. Hell, OH recognizes FL's permits. So, I can get a FL CCW Permit, and carry in OH, since FL does out of state CCWs!!!!!!!! ALL BY MAIL EVEN!!! :D

Firearms can be transported in your vehicle. Unloaded in the Trunk = NO BIG DEAL!!!

Hell....take the round about trip trip South of PA if you are concerned. :up: Or...let me know what you would like to bring....Pistol-wise....I may have you covered ;)

Blackwing has a LARGE selection of rentable handguns :D Or, if you have a flair for 1911's....I got you covered there myself :D

KillJoy

rayjay
03-05-2007, 05:32 PM
DragCity, I would "think" you would be ok going through PA if the firearm is unloaded and secured in a case, in the trunk and ammo in a seperate case. You can bring a firearm into NYS for competition purposes as aforementioned, plus some other requirements, such as a official notice about the match, ect... NYS is not gun friendly and will continue to get worse with the anti gun nazi's incharge (ie: upchuck shumer). There is NO reciprocity with other states reference hand gun licenses in NYS.

gotmy03MM
03-06-2007, 12:38 AM
:coolman:
As of 12/02/06 I am the Proud 2nd Daddy of 300A Black Marauder, Build Date 08/14/02 ~ last six of VIN 632367 ~ 6 CD Changer & Bone Stock. Stumbled across www.MercuryMarauder.net (http://www.MercuryMarauder.net) and BUCKEYE MARAUDERS and I am in awe of the combined knowledge of the many Marauder owners posting here.

Firstly I'd like to find out what I need to do to become an "Official Member of Buckeye Marauders"?

Secondly next to my Marauder I love all things that go "BANG" I am NE of the Capital and going North on SR62 from 161 (the New Albany - Johnstown exit) is the New Albany Gun Range and Sporting Goods store. It is an indoor range for both handguns and longarms. This Gun Range & Store is just south of Johnstown, Ohio which, on SR62 is about 13 miles NE of Columbus, Ohio.

BTW, should any of you have an itchy trigger finger looking to shoot 'legal' full-auto, New Albany Range rents time on an H&K MP5 Subgun ~ possibly other machineguns too.

Well gentlemen and ladies too, I hope this has been informative. I'm off looking forward to my next exhilarating drive in my smok'n black Marauder!

Best Regards to all! John aka 'gotmy03MM'!!!!! :banana2: :flamer: :D

jstbrnt
03-23-2007, 11:04 PM
KillJoy
I would like to hit the range with you. I'm in eastern Ohio. But, you must let me know at least two weeks in advance(I'm always out of town).

KillJoy
03-25-2007, 05:11 PM
KillJoy
I would like to hit the range with you. I'm in eastern Ohio. But, you must let me know at least two weeks in advance(I'm always out of town).

:up:

That shouldn't be a problem!!

KillJoy