PDA

View Full Version : I Rotors & Pads

MarauderMark
03-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I just installed my irotors(front/rears) and brake pads.It went real easy and took about 2 hours , maybe.When i took off my old pads and rotors they looked there was at leats anoth 20/30k left on em.I was allways easy with braking plenty of time and never hard, when possible.
Anyways i didn't clean or paint anything behind because i wanna see how long they're going to last.i took it out for a ride and everything feels just the same as the oem'.hey if they work out then it'll be a lil more colorful back there.If not in the trash they go.:rolleyes:
Will let ya know what happens:up:

http://thumb1.webshots.net/t/57/757/5/3/55/2223503550100723801FNHCPj_th.j pg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2223503550100723801FNHCPj)

superford3
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
i have the same rotors and when you start driving the hell out of them you will notice

merc
03-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Nice Mark:beer: with that amount of HP and Peg I thought Big Brakes were in your future.

MarauderMark
03-04-2007, 03:49 PM
i have the same rotors and when you start driving the hell out of them you will notice
Do you still have em on? if so how long have you had em on w/o trouble?if not then how long did you have em on?Sorry for the q's:D

Nice Mark:beer: with that amount of HP and Peg I thought Big Brakes were in your future.

ya know it all started with just putting brakes on.I had the caliper resting on top the frame and it fell and knocked off the rotor .i thought it would be real easy to do , heh might as well put em on.
I ain't keepin these , as soon as i can ima gittin me Wilwoods :D there so bad a$$:up:

jdando
03-04-2007, 04:48 PM
... as soon as i can ima gittin me Wilwoods :D there so bad a$$:up:

Two thumbs up for the Wilwoods!

jeremy

John F. Russo
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=MarauderMark;474882]I just installed my irotors(front/rears) and brake pads.It went real easy and took about 2 hours , maybe.When i took off my old pads and rotors they looked there was at leats anoth 20/30k left on em.I was allways easy with braking plenty of time and never hard, when possible.
Anyways i didn't clean or paint anything behind because i wanna see how long they're going to last.i took it out for a ride and everything feels just the same as the oem'.hey if they work out then it'll be a lil more colorful back there.If not in the trash they go.:rolleyes:
Will let ya know what happens:up:

You don't mention what kind of brakes you have.

I have a Kenny Brown #6 conversion with a Vortech supercharger (like yours). It also came with Baer brakes. I've had a pulsation sensation when I brake hard.

Have you had a similar problem? Did you just replace the pads?

MarauderMark
03-08-2007, 04:23 AM
You don't mention what kind of brakes you have.
I think there cheapos i mean they came with the rotors

I have a Kenny Brown #6 conversion with a Vortech supercharger (like yours). It also came with Baer brakes. I've had a pulsation sensation when I brake hard.
Maybe one of the rotors are warped?also these are what i have.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercury-Marauder-Front-Rear-Drill-Slot-Brake-Rotors_W0QQitemZ290088217287QQ categoryZ33564QQrdZ1QQcmdZView Item

Have you had a similar problem?
Not with the oem setup and so far not with the new setup but i only put on maybe 50 miles so far.

Did you just replace the pads?
Yes they came with the rotors. When i started this i was only going to use just the pads(with the oem rotors) till i saw how easy the rotors came off.

Seneca
03-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Kewl Mark you put them on!. Best of luck bud. Hope they work out well for you.. Keep us posted.. Seneca:D

DarthMarauder
03-08-2007, 07:14 AM
I have the exact same rotors and love them. I didnt get the package deal like you got I just picked up the rotors and run them with Hawk HPS pads. Got about 10000 on them and still brake hard and havent warped. Car sat outside for 3 months in the dead of winter while I was at boot camp and only the pad surface rusted so the plated seems to hold also. Drove it around gave it a few good pedal stops and they look good as new again. Definitly a good mod for the budget minded person like myself that wants a nice little better than stock stopping power and some bling.

superford3
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Do you still have em on? if so how long have you had em on w/o trouble?if not then how long did you have em on?Sorry for the q's:D

ya know it all started with just putting brakes on.I had the caliper resting on top the frame and it fell and knocked off the rotor .i thought it would be real easy to do , heh might as well put em on.
I ain't keepin these , as soon as i can ima gittin me Wilwoods :D there so bad a$$:up:
IVE HAD THEM ON FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND THE ZINC COATING IS STILL ON AND LOOKS GOOD

MarauderMark
03-09-2007, 04:16 AM
I have the exact same rotors and love them. I didnt get the package deal like you got I just picked up the rotors and run them with Hawk HPS pads. Got about 10000 on them and still brake hard and havent warped. Car sat outside for 3 months in the dead of winter while I was at boot camp and only the pad surface rusted so the plated seems to hold also. Drove it around gave it a few good pedal stops and they look good as new again. Definitly a good mod for the budget minded person like myself that wants a nice little better than stock stopping power and some bling.

IVE HAD THEM ON FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND THE ZINC COATING IS STILL ON AND LOOKS GOOD

Thanks Fellas:up:

superford3
03-09-2007, 05:42 PM
i bought front and rears for 150 shipped

MarauderMark
03-09-2007, 05:56 PM
i bought front and rears for 150 shipped

I got mine for $200 but with the front/rear/pads.it was a submit offer kinda deal so it was like $245 shippin included so i took off the shipping price and submitted the $200 as the offer.
I don't really remember but i think the thought was for just a lil more than cost of buying just pads might as well get the rotors too:

superford3
03-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I got mine for $200 but with the front/rear/pads.it was a submit offer kinda deal so it was like $245 shippin included so i took off the shipping price and submitted the $200 as the offer.
I don't really remember but i think the thought for a lil more than cost of buying just pads might as well get the rotors too:
yes thats what i did also