PDA

View Full Version : Brake Compatibility?

KillJoy
03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Are there any aftermarket brake systems that are compatible w/ the MM, such as those from a Mustang, or a Lightning?

Or, is the MM Braking System one of a kind, and nothing else in the world will work?

KillJoy

crouse
03-06-2007, 12:22 PM
TCE has 2 Plus sizes for our cars

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/cgi-bin/brakes/cginews.pl?record=11
[/URL]

Reinhart Automotive sell a kit from EBC that fits the standard calipers.

[URL]http://reinhartautomotive.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=12345&Product_Code=MM-EBC&Category_Code=9 (http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/)

magindat
03-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Are there any aftermarket brake systems that are compatible w/ the MM, such as those from a Mustang, or a Lightning?

Or, is the MM Braking System one of a kind, and nothing else in the world will work?

KillJoy

Why? :beatnik:

KillJoy
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I currently have the EBC's. And I know that TCE offers the Wilwoods. A previous Vendor offerred the Bear.

There are not many Marauders in this world. Making parts for them is not a cheap investment. Big Brakes are not cheap anyways....

So, I am wondering if a more popular (higher production) application would work out of the box on our cars.

Higher sales numbers = lower pricing.

:up:

KillJoy

crouse
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
How are the EBC's? I currently have the factory rotors & pads. Not bad for 42,000 miles. I also want something better.

KillJoy
03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
How are the EBC's? I currently have the factory rotors & pads. Not bad for 42,000 miles. I also want something better.

I installed the EBC's and Stainless Lines all at once. I am not sure how much of what was which....but the brake pedal is as nice as the go pedal now :D

For the price (about the same as NAPA's replacements)....I would choose the EBC's :up:

KillJoy

magindat
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I currently have the EBC's. And I know that TCE offers the Wilwoods. A previous Vendor offerred the Bear.

There are not many Marauders in this world. Making parts for them is not a cheap investment. Big Brakes are not cheap anyways....

So, I am wondering if a more popular (higher production) application would work out of the box on our cars.

Higher sales numbers = lower pricing.

:up:

KillJoy

That's part of the reason I stayed with stock replacement sizing. Since we match crown vic and severe duty cars, there are more choices for good money out there.

I know you are set, Steve, but for the question askers:
I have Baer Decela all the way around with Akebono ceramic pads, KVR lines and the best brake fluid DR could get on a saturday (his words :)). I can't be happier with the brakes. I have over 30K on my setup and pads are still good!

DR has a kit he sells to the FHP. If you use that, good fluid and stainless lines you'll be real happy and not poor!

I drove the GF's 06 'burban today and thought it was never gonna stop! I'm used to my MM's brakes!

ckadiddle
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I had Hawk HPS pads put on when the OEMs wore out. Using these with stock rotors. Works well for my uses.

fast Ed
03-06-2007, 04:28 PM

KillJoy

None of the 03-up Panther chassis brake parts are directly interchangeable with parts for a Mustang or Lightning.

cheers
Ed N.

KillJoy
03-06-2007, 04:30 PM
None of the 03-up Panther chassis brake parts are directly interchangeable with parts for a Mustang or Lightning.

cheers
Ed N.

DOH!!!

KillJoy

alarmguy
03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Got about 9k miles on my EBC's now and love 'em. Did the KVR lines at the same time in the kit offered by DR. When I changed them out I drained the lines and used Wilwood 570 brake fluid after researching here on MM.net. I love this site!

GreekGod
03-06-2007, 07:26 PM
...unless you are going road racing, the EBC/stainless hoses/police type upgrade from Dennis is an excellent choice.

Todd TCE
03-07-2007, 05:30 PM

cheers
Ed N.

And if they were you could buy the take offs some of them sell for the need to get a big brake kit for themselves. In short, perhaps trading one problem for another. You'd really need to sourse some 13"+ rotors and caliper to fit them to begin to get any advantates from the bin swap. If it bolts up the same way, same place, same spec it's not going to offer much.

whd507
03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
when the time comes, the baer decela is in stock at work, so I'll use them, and either ceramic or carbon metallic pads. I see a few more ceramics come back than I like, so I may just go with the premium pads I have at work. I change pads before they wear out, and generally keep cars forever, so free replacements for life goes a long way with me if they are good enough.

on the up side, the brakes on mine appear pretty new.