PDA

View Full Version : MV5 Autocross Interest?

DEFYANT
03-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Attention Marauderville 5 attendees:

Who would be interested in an Autocross event held on Sunday 8/5/07? This would happen after the Sunday breakfast. We'd need between 40 - 50 cars to make this cost effective.

The location would be in Sykesville Md at the public safty driver training facility. We'd have access to the skills pad and skid pad. This is a low speed - precision driving exercise. I have never run the Marauder throught this, but I know it can be hard on the cars. I am an LEO driving instructor and go here all the time with the recruit classes. The old CVPIs with well over 100k miles take a beating, but rarely breakdown.

Also, if you whack a cone, you may have alittle work to do to get the scuffs off.

Mary and Shawn, I know you want this all sorted out on or before 4/1/07. I can do that. However I have scheduled myself to attend an autocross class on 3/31/07 and 4/1/07. I'd like to get *some* experiance in setting this up and see what is involve in running an event like this. After this class I should have more info as to what exactly is need from the group to pull this off.

I'll add more info as it comes my way.

Haggis
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Chris and I would be interested, but need to know what the price will be before we make a final commitment.

DEFYANT
03-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Chris and I would be interested, but need to know what the price will be before we make a final commitment.

I have the info on the insurance. I am waiting for the facility admin to get their insurance requirements. That will determine the final cost. I'd like to keep the costs down around $50. 40-50 cars *should* keep that price in that range. Less cars = higher costs.

merc
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM

I would high recommend driving school for you young man and a hearing aid also. :grad:

DEFYANT
03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
I would high recommend driving school for you young man and a hearing aid also. :grad:

:razz: I am usually the in car teacher!

Haggis
03-07-2007, 10:27 AM

Hey I still have yard work that needs to be done.

merc
03-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey I still have yard work that needs to be done.

As soon as the weather clears

Blackened300a
03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
As much as I would like to, My Marauder also has to take me 250 miles back to NY after I beat the hell out of it so I can be at work on Monday morning.
Ill have to pass on this one.

shami02
03-08-2007, 04:52 AM
I'm in for it. Sounds fun... I have been on the "LEO" track in Gaithersburg (Montgomery County) in old CVPI's and it was a blast. I would hope the MM would hold its own...

Seneca
03-08-2007, 06:24 AM
sounds like fun. If you get enough people to go in on this you can count me in.

snowbird
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not 100% shure to make Marauderville V . But if I would go, that tight track activity look a lot of fun but something i would have to learn.

Just curious, what would be the order of punishing (excluding the ego !)starting by the worst ?

1- Tires,
2- Brakes,
3- Cooling system,
4- Transmission
5- ? ...

jimlam56
03-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Charlie, count me in if I am able to make it to MVV.

As for wear and tear on your car, I would say tires and brakes are the top two.
But it is so much fun, and I can't see how it would be any worse on the drivetrain than drag racing.
I didn't buy my MM to be a museum piece, at least not this one.

sweetair
03-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Charlie, this sounds cool. Keep us posted. Thanks.

Bluerauder
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Who would be interested in an Autocross event held on Sunday 8/5/07? This would happen after the Sunday breakfast.

I'd be willing to hang around after the breakfast to make a trip to Sykesville and the Autocross site. Think that I'd like to "observe" the activities too. Any chance some of us can come up and see you make your runs at the end of this month??

Bluerauder
03-11-2007, 08:02 AM
:bump: :bump:

Attention Marauderville 5 attendees:

Who would be interested in an Autocross event held on Sunday 8/5/07? This would happen after the Sunday breakfast. We'd need between 40 - 50 cars to make this cost effective.
Only 24 total votes so far. :o Where is everyone? :( Come on and check in and give Charlie/Defyant some kinda idea on whether he should pursue this or just drop the idea.

DEFYANT
03-12-2007, 12:10 AM
I'd be willing to hang around after the breakfast to make a trip to Sykesville and the Autocross site. Think that I'd like to "observe" the activities too. Any chance some of us can come up and see you make your runs at the end of this month??

Yes. The class is on the 31st in Sykesville. There will be an event at Ripkin Stadium in Aberdeen on 4/1. I will be attending. :D

Bluerauder
03-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Yes. The class is on the 31st in Sykesville. There will be an event at Ripkin Stadium in Aberdeen on 4/1. I will be attending. :D
Charlie -- can you post times and locations (or PM to me) for Sykesville and Aberdeen. I'll try to make one of 'em. Doubtful that I can make both. What event is at Ripken Stadium? Haven't seen anything in my "sponsor" newsletters. :rolleyes:

DEFYANT
03-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Charlie -- can you post times and locations (or PM to me) for Sykesville and Aberdeen. I'll try to make one of 'em. Doubtful that I can make both. What event is at Ripken Stadium? Haven't seen anything in my "sponsor" newsletters. :rolleyes:

I believe the Aberdeen event is part of the class. I could be wrong. That would be the best day to come up if you were to make the trip. It is Exit 85 of I-95.

Seneca
03-12-2007, 08:33 PM
That's Close for me too.. ;)

BK_GrandMarquis
03-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I am not sure I will make it down there but if I can, I am definitely in for this. :D

ctrlraven
03-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Drag racing is about the only thing my is good for lol. Though I just ordered new EBC front brake kit and I know I'll have some good tires on by then but I'd feel better having aftermarket control arms and sway bars installed if I did run. I'm half and half right now, if I don't run I'd like to at least come and watch.

DEFYANT
03-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded. This will not be an event during MV5. However, I may put something together in the future. Probably a multi-car club event. CAMmers / Nor'Easters - stay tuned.