PDA

View Full Version : Finally....the 11 SECOND CLUB

MarauderTJA
03-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Saturday March 10th Bradenton Motorsport Park, NMRA Shootout.: After all the hard work I finally made it to the 11's:banana2: . First run in the morning in the left lane was an 11.862@113.47 with a 1.870 sixty foot. Second run, right lane a 12.2@111.84 track was real hot temp around 88 degrees, 1.938 sixty foot. Motor seemed to fall flat around the 1000' mark. Nitto DR's were fresh but off the line she was spining, really need slicks. After 20 feet on the 11.8 run the car nailed me to the seat. But once again just before the 1000' seemed to fall flat. Thought it might have been the torque converter locking up, maybe belt slippage, but after talking with Scott Beer he said with my break-in engine tune that the spark was being pulled back at the higher RPM's (6500 shift point). Problem adjusted and had to wait until the late afternoon for another tnt.

The left lane was working better for most, got it, did a smokin burnout. Staged, nailed a .034 R/T. The car spun again for about 20 feet and nailed me to the seat, but now she pulled real, real hard all the way down the track...felt REAL GOOD and I knew it was a good run in the 11's. But was I surprised.
A young kid was handing out the tickets and told me on the first run how much he loved Marauders. He had a grin ear to ear and said YOU DUN REAL GOOD THIS TIME... and when I read the slip I couldn't believe it:

11.339 @ 119.93 mph
R/T .034
60 ' - 1.849
330 - 4.861
1/8 - 7.736 @ 96.35
1000' - 9.512

Needless to say I was flipping out...unreal..hand started shaking holding the slip. An incredible high and I achieved a personal goal that for me was unreal.. I was bouncing off the walls....my baby made 11.8 which was great, but the 11.3 run couldn't even compare....will get the time slip posted soon.

Now for the next major challenge, in due time......the 10's.

What is unreal about these cars. Drove it 113 miles to the track, cruised over the Hooters, raced it three times, and drove it home today. Comfort, class, room (for my fat 250 lb azz), cruising down the highway listening to my stereo....with a 4250 lb 4-door sedan that can run in the 11's...absolutely LOVE MY MARAUDER.

The funny thing, a guy parked next to our pit had a dually, nice race car trailer and a Fox body Mustang full race car. He came over and looked at my slip, shook his head and walked away from me. The I found out his best time was 11.5 for the day. MARAUDERS ROCK:D

John Nero
03-11-2007, 11:53 AM
i am so very happy for you my friend-a lot of hard work and time for you (Pro Charger Rocks) my turn is weds. night (moroso) i think scott did a great job retuning my car i hope to move up the list myself

MarauderTJA
03-11-2007, 12:01 PM
i am so very happy for you my friend-a lot of hard work and time for you (Pro Charger Rocks) my turn is weds. night (moroso) i think scott did a great job retuning my car i hope to move up the list myself

Count on it John, go for it buddy, you will be moving up. Good luck.

Peter
03-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow Tom! Amazing time! Congrats for achieving your goal, If only my Marauder was that quick...

jdando
03-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Congratulations on a great time. That is really moving!

jeremy

snowbird
03-11-2007, 12:37 PM
TOM,

Congrats on those deep 11s times ! Looks like 2007 will be a record year for you and your beast . ! :banana2:

Marauderjack
03-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Nice going Tom......I know you are pleased and PROUD of your accomplishments!!:beer: :bows:

Marauderjack:D

Marauderman
03-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Congrats Tom----Its great to see all this from your hard work ---Am happy for you and thrilled for you getting into the 11's----your # 3 now---Tom

DEFYANT
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Good job Tom. Sweet, aint it?!?!

Rider90
03-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Congrats Tom! :beer:

Bigdogjim
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Very nice Tom :2thumbs:

MarauderMark
03-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Congrats our MM Brother:burn:WTG Tom:2thumbs:
It's fantastic to see another 11 second which i am sure will be 10's .Question Tom is ,when? :D

MM03MOK
03-11-2007, 02:43 PM
WTG, Tom!! :congrats:

FordNut
03-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Fantastic! Congratulations Tom. Do you have a roll bar? If not, did anybody question you about it?

Louis Leon
03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Great job Tom,I'm sorry I missed the last run cause i left the track earlier,you know better than anyone how time and work i've also put into my zorradder, and i'll be right there w/you soon, congrads again from your buddy Lou

HwyCruiser
03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Awesome job Tom. My hat's off to the new F.I.T. top banana! :banana2:

It was just a matter of time. I'm just glad you did it by a full second on boost. I can't wait to see the 10.xx on spray. It's really sweet to see your plans start coming together... and it's also pretty cool to see the potential if one of us wants to dial it up.

I think I smell an 11-second special. :D

KillJoy
03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
+1 :up:

VERY nice times!!!! You are going a FULL SECOND faster than MY goal!

Cograts as well on the Mustang :D

KillJoy

Bradley G
03-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Wow! , That's smokin' fast Tom.
Congrats and good luck on your quest for tens.

Bluerauder
03-11-2007, 05:33 PM
He had a grin ear to ear and said YOU DUN REAL GOOD THIS TIME... and when I read the slip I couldn't believe it:

11.339 @ 119.93 mph
R/T .034
60 ' - 1.849
330 - 4.861
1/8 - 7.736 @ 96.35
1000' - 9.512
Wow, deep 11's !!! :burnout:

Ya done really good, Tom !! :congrats:

carfixer
03-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Great job Tom. When you called me with your 11.3 pass, it sounded like your head was in the clouds. Great achievment! You should be proud!

Cobra25
03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Tom what could I say that the others haven't? :hmmm: Congrats on the Great timeslip Buddy ! I'm sure that the 10's are just around the corner.** P.S.** ( I'd line up next to you again but I beat you last time, so I have nothing else to prove).:neener: I'm sorry Tom I just had to say that. Worlds 3rd Fastest Marauder is in Florida.:2thumbs:

MarauderTJA
03-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks everyone. It is truly appreciated. Roll bar, no I was not questioned and I was quite surprised. It seems that the techs tend to somewhat overlook?? full sized, full bodied sedans with 4 doors and a full frame. I really do not want a roll bar in my car. I'll try and get away with it if I can. The annoucer I was told was just as excited as I was (not really;) ) at the run. They had me come up to the tower for an interview with the NMRA and Nitto Tire reps. Nitto gave me a voucher for a new set of DR's. He told me about the new Nitto slicks coming out later this year and respectfully said I would a prefer a set of those:D . MMFF want me to contact them this coming week about a possible cover car shot for the magazine later this year. I hope that happens. Would be cool for our Marauder community.

Tens????? Down the road....and thats not going to happen for awhile...I am VERY content right now. Thanks again everyone...

fastblackmerc
03-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Congrat & way to go Big Guy!!!:banana2:

Pat
03-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Reading through your posts I see where the 11.3 is done on drag radials.

How much lower the ET's would be if the car had slicks, I wonder.

Cooler temps, slicks and you may be in the 10's.

You have certainly grabbed our attention. Good Show.

I say this here because last week I couldn't keep traction with my 100 shot and KDW2's. Had to turn it off, put on T/C and ran 14.2. Tires make so much of a difference.

Pat

jgc61sr2002
03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Congrats:D :up:

MarauderTJA
03-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Reading through your posts I see where the 11.3 is done on drag radials.

How much lower the ET's would be if the car had slicks, I wonder.

Cooler temps, slicks and you may be in the 10's.

You have certainly grabbed out attention. Good Show.

I say this here because last week I couldn't keep traction with my 100 shot and KDW2's. Had to turn it off, put on T/C and ran 14.2. Tires make so much of a difference.

Pat

Cooler temps would certainly help I'm sure. I am pretty confident that slicks could lower my sixty foot at least 2 tenths based on some of the other real fast guys here on the site.

maraudernkc
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Tom, you have worked very hard to get where you are. I am glad to be your friend and am happy that you are my second customer. I don't know of anyone that has worked as hard as you have to build a car that would be fast but would be a great street car and not a trailer queen. That is what you have done a few $$$$ later. It must feel great to have the FASTEST MARAUDER WITH A SINGLE POWER ADDER. Thanks for selecting FIT/Procharger for your power adder. Congrats on your record breaking run!!!!:burnout: :burnout:

MarauderTJA
03-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Tom, you have worked very hard to get where you are. I am glad to be your friend and am happy that you are my second customer. I don't know of anyone that has worked as hard as you have to build a car that would be fast but would be a great street car and not a trailer queen. That is what you have done a few $$$$ later. It must feel great to have the FASTEST MARAUDER WITH A SINGLE POWER ADDER. Thanks for selecting FIT/Procharger for your power adder. Congrats on your record breaking run!!!!:burnout: :burnout:

Thanks Greg. Without all your assistance and support it would not have happened.

1stMerc
03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
:concur: Know how hard you worked to get your MM built and tuned right. You've made the Big Times:congrats:

Hotrauder
03-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Tom, I know how hard you have worked and the problems you have had to work thru. It is great to know that hard work and believing in the goal still work. Wish I had been able to stay to see it.:2thumbs: Dennis

Seneca
03-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Congratulations Tom!.. Way to represent! :D when My Marauder grows up it wants to run like yours. Lol... :lol:

teamrope
03-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Congratulations Tom!.. Way to represent! :D when My Marauder grows up it wants to run like yours. Lol... :lol:

So does mine.... And it has a long way to go as well. Congrats on an outstanding run. Hope you post it on Dragtimes.com as well. :beer:

the_pack_rat
03-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Congrats Tom !.

:beer:

Mike M
03-12-2007, 12:02 AM
That is really cool!
11.3 is flying!

Motorhead350
03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Thats so awesome! Keep us posted on that possible issue cover. Sounds like you have the fastest street Marauder out there! I'm jelious!

Mesencephalon
03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Congrats, Tom. I can't wait to get my supercharger ... so many things to do, so much time to do them ... I have been planning my trip to Kansas City for a long time, and until then live vicariously through you :) A TOAST to your 11's! :beer:

Mes

JMan
03-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Tom,
Extraordinary - That's the word that comes to mind. Extraordinary! In the true sense of the word. Congratulations! I wish I could have been there.

Keep on!

J

Extraordinary!

SC Cheesehead
03-12-2007, 04:07 AM
CONGRATS!!

:cheer: :party: :cheer:

SCCH

RoyLPita
03-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Way to go, Tom. :2thumbs:

Louis, Welcome aboard.

magindat
03-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Dayum. I'm sorry as hell I missed that!

WTG, Tom. Un-f*<king-believable!

Believe it or not, I got and idea for ya for about 30 more safe horsepower (seriously).

Nice work!

Rich

Pops
03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Great job, its a thrill to hit your goals in life. I like the part about you shaking, thats when you know your realized a dream has come true!

juno
03-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Congratulations! Great run Tom!!!!

That is amazing.

I believe rollbars are not required until you get 10.99. They will check your car when you get into tens. So you may only get one 10 run in until you have to get the bar.

Also, the slicks may be a little much for the rear end. Have you considered a better drag radila first? Like MT's, BFG, or M&H? They should all perform better then the Nitto's.

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Congratulations! Great run Tom!!!!

That is amazing.

I believe rollbars are not required until you get 10.99. They will check your car when you get into tens. So you may only get one 10 run in until you have to get the bar.

Also, the slicks may be a little much for the rear end. Have you considered a better drag radila first? Like MT's, BFG, or M&H? They should all perform better then the Nitto's.

First, thanks again to everyone:beer: . You guys are making me blush:o . But I can take it:D .

Hope you are right on the roll bar issue with our cars at 10.99. I have a Detroit TrueTrac rear end, 31 spline axles and saw JB run 10's with that rear end on slicks with a 1.5 sixty foot:eek: . I may first try the M/T Street ET Drag Radial which are far better than the Nitto DR's. Wheel size at 16" with 28" tall tires is the combination I am looking at for now. I will be eye-balling the 10's sooner or later. Need a Lentech tranny so I can run a race tune with a 100 shot of nitrous. However this probably occur later than sooner.

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Dayum. I'm sorry as hell I missed that!

WTG, Tom. Un-f*<king-believable!

Believe it or not, I got and idea for ya for about 30 more safe horsepower (seriously).

Nice work!

Rich

Yeah Rich, I would have loved to have the run on video:mad2: . 30 more HP:eek: , I don't know. I think I'm good for now in that area...

Zack
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Roll cage = 11.49 or faster.

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM

That is what I thought. But someone did mention to me at the track that full bodied sedans were different. Maybe a roll bar instead of a complete cage?? Either way, they let me slide.

sailsmen
03-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Congrats on the fastest street Marauder!

I am sure you will be in the 10's when the cool weather comes.

Blackmobile
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Congratulations Tom on a Premo run. Way to go!

When this Man says to get a :whistle:, I now have to seriously listen.

Smokie
03-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Tom, I am proud of what you have accomplished and the road there has not always been smooth. You have been gracious thru the setbacks and now your hard work has paid off.

Your car is a true daily driver and I know this for a fact. I may be wrong but no Marauder that I know of has run an 11.3 in FLORIDA on boost alone (if I am wrong I'm sure somebody will scream.;))

Tom you are a good friend and I am really happy for you, good things CAN happen to good guys.:D

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Billy, I'll be working on that (10's) Seems like a big step but attainable in time. Would love to see another cold front come down here before the heat sets in to try. Ed, yeah get the boost and get it over with. You will not regret it one bit. Life is too short. Javier, thanks buddy. It has been a long road with some bumps, but the high speed lane eventually opened up for me. And I am loving it.:D

P.S. Just to let everyone know, Mary (Bunny) will be getting my time slip posted by Wednesday on the time slip page. I am on the road and only have my laptop here.

FordNut
03-12-2007, 06:12 PM

I believe a roll bar is adequate instead of a cage. The bar is good for 11.49 to 10 flat. Then a cage is required below 9.99

Todd
03-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Congratulations man. That is moving...!!!

1stMerc
03-12-2007, 07:10 PM
That is what I thought. But someone did mention to me at the track that full bodied sedans were different. Maybe a roll bar instead of a complete cage?? Either way, they let me slide.

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/tech_faq.html

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Congratulations man. That is moving...!!!

Thank Todd.....I am anxiously awaiting to see what your Turbo beast is going to do.:up:

FordNut
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/tech_faq.html

That link has a lot of good info, but it's a little out of date. They revised the rule in '05 from 11.99 to 11.49, but the 10.00 has not changed.

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
That link has a lot of good info, but it's a little out of date. They revised the rule in '05 from 11.99 to 11.49, but the 10.00 has not changed.

There is no doubt Brian you will be in the same boat with me on this issue. Maybe we can get a group buy?

FordNut
03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
I have a plan. Doubtful that the roll bar guy would be in for a GB though, all his work is custom. He did Marty's and Steve's (glassman99) cages. I want a bolt-in 5-point roll bar with swing-out so I can quickly install the whole thing when I get ready to go to the track and remove it for daily driving (sort of like drag radials or slicks) and just remove the swing-out bar for convenience when I'm driving around during a multi-day event. I really believe they're dangerous on the street, especially without a helmet.

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a plan. Doubtful that the roll bar guy would be in for a GB though, all his work is custom. He did Marty's and Steve's (glassman99) cages. I want a bolt-in 5-point roll bar with swing-out so I can quickly install the whole thing when I get ready to go to the track and remove it for daily driving (sort of like drag radials or slicks) and just remove the swing-out bar for convenience when I'm driving around during a multi-day event. I really believe they're dangerous on the street, especially without a helmet.

I was kidding about the GB:D . I too have a guy in the Miami area already to do my set up. Removable side bars on both front doors, nicely placed chrome moly bars so tight on the ceiling it will hold a business car and powercoated to match my interior. Needs the car for a week, all labor included, around $1600.00 complete. Saw his work, outstanding. Al Papitto recommended him, Racecarbuilders.com is where I will be going when I am ready.

1stMerc
03-12-2007, 08:09 PM

I figured the actual numbers might be outdated. But that's what makes this site great the correct/updated info will soon follow.

Thanks Brian

DEFYANT
03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I was kidding about the GB:D . I too have a guy in the Miami area already to do my set up. Removable side bars on both front doors, nicely placed chrome moly bars so tight on the ceiling it will hold a business car and powercoated to match my interior. Needs the car for a week, all labor included, around $1600.00 complete. Saw his work, outstanding. Al Papitto recommended him, Racecarbuilders.com is where I will be going when I am ready.

Carefull....

Adding roll bars adds weight. You will then want to reduce the weight to make up for the roll bar. That leads to a gutted Marauder.

STOP THE INSANITY NOW BEFORE YOU GO TO FAR TOM!!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

LILALLEYKATT
03-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Congraulations Tom just as I brake into the 11's you have to go straight for the 10's...Way to go...:cool:

Marauderjack
03-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Carefull....

Adding roll bars adds weight. You will then want to reduce the weight to make up for the roll bar. That leads to a gutted Marauder.

It's toooooo late.......His eyes are glazed over, nose running and breathing hard......waaaaaay toooooo late to save 'ole Tom!!!!:shake:

And Al ain't far behind!!!:eek:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Marauderman
03-13-2007, 04:13 AM
Congraulations Tom just as I brake into the 11's you have to go straight for the 10's...Way to go...:cool:

Have you been keeping secrets???----or like most things, did I miss something you did recently.....cause dang, I didn't know you were there yet------Tom

MarauderTJA
03-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Carefull....

Well, the roll bar set up weighs 50 lbs. I need to lose 50 pounds and then I'll be OK.:lol:

MarauderTJA
03-13-2007, 02:46 PM

Well Al, we need to keep things interesting around here. :beer: Where is your 11 Second Club Post AL???

MarauderTJA
03-13-2007, 02:49 PM
It's toooooo late.......His eyes are glazed over, nose running and breathing hard......waaaaaay toooooo late to save 'ole Tom!!!!:shake:

And Al ain't far behind!!!:eek:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Ya think:P. Speed does more than that to you......but pretty much covers it.

juno
03-14-2007, 05:19 AM
Tom,

I am going with these if I ever get the car done.
325/45 17's. 28" OD and they will fit one of the mustangtuning 17 x 9 tires. (I already spoke to M&H) They might stick out a bit, but they will look badazz on your car!!!

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=70&rn=305&action=show_detail

MarauderTJA
03-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Tom,

325/45 17's. 28" OD and they will fit one of the mustangtuning 17 x 9 tires. (I already spoke to M&H) They might stick out a bit, but they will look badazz on your car!!!

They look good. Sticking out a bit is fine for the track. Has some serious tread width on those sneakers. I have not heard much about these as a DR at the track. Seems that M/T ET streets seems to get the all the kudos. Any word on how sticky they are? I have a 17 X 10" wheel on my prior S/C GT Mustang. That size may have them stick out a little further, but the footprint would be greater.

sailsmen
03-14-2007, 02:15 PM
I have seen twin brothers races Cobras. One has MT ET Streets and One has Nitto DR.

The MT consistantly run better ET. Even when they switch tires.

I know of 3 MM's who are running MT ET w/ good results, 16x11.5x28.

The sidewalls are weak and I believe this is why at higher speeds they vibrate, as in they are square.

In Feb on 2 occasions I went to Test n Tunes. Both times it was in the 40* and 50%. I could not obtain traction w/ the Nitto DR.

The deciding factor to go w/ the MT ET was when I was driving home from the track I floored it on asphalt while going 25mph the car started to fish tale and hit the rev limiter. The same thing happened on concrete and hour latter.

MarauderTJA
03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Nitto DR's are terrible in cooler weather. I actually have good luck with the Nittos on three of my S/C cars. I like the M/T's but have limited sizes (28" tall) in a 17" wheel. I have access to a set of Mustang 17 X 9 wheel to which the M & H DR's that Juno mentioned should work well at the track. I think I will be going in that direction to get some traction and get my sixty foot down. If if works I should be around 11.0 or 11.2 or maybe, just maybe even bump the 10's on a cooler day. We'll see....

MarauderTJA
03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Tom,

Going to order a set of these puppies. Looks like a good choice Juno..Have the wheels, will let you know how they work out, maybe next week...;)

juno
03-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I have not used these, but I have heard they are at least the equal of MT's.

Good Luck!!!!!

Going to order a set of these puppies. Looks like a good choice Juno..Have the wheels, will let you know how they work out, maybe next week...;)

MarauderTJA
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I have not used these, but I have heard they are at least the equal of MT's.

Good Luck!!!!!I made some inquiries around the drag circut and some say better than the M/T's. Time will tell and more importantly, 60 foot will tell.