PDA

View Full Version : Let mm.net help me make a braking decision

ultravorx
03-14-2007, 08:05 PM
hey guys, after putting on my summer tires this week, i noticed my parts about 3/4 gone at 79000 miles, so its time for new brakes. ive been reading past post and such of the different kits and was looking for some advice.

ive seen and read about all the kits out there, pros and cons of each, but the post are a bit dated, so i was looking for feedback since you guys have had the different brakes for a while now.

The kits ive been looking for are

wilwood 13.1" upgrade

baer big brake upgrade

kvc brake kit

ebc brake kit

im not too worried about price, i just want something thats going to stop this beast with the least amount of problems, and hopefully have a good life span as my current brakes did.

thanks in advance!!!!!

Frank

DEFYANT
03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I am happy with the Baer Brakes WITHOUT drilled holes. Wilwoods look nice. If I got another MM, I'd try them.

jdando
03-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I love the stopping power of my Wilwoods. Work great on the street and the track!

jeremy

HwyCruiser
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I've had the 13.1" 6-piston front Wilwoods for almost 3 years now and they've worked great in every situation I've needed them for. I'd recommend just going with a smooth zinc plated rotor (no slots or holes) for a daily driver though. I posted a thread a while back on how to fit the pads during installation so they don't knock on light braking - pretty typical for drop-in pads, but once you've got that done you'll never notice anything until you have to use them. The new BP10 pads have been a great. I'm probably going to be doing the 4-piston rears this fall. Really nice setup!

Zack
03-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Get the Wildwoods.
That is what im saving up for on MM#2

magindat
03-15-2007, 06:16 AM
For your current mods, I'd recommend the EBC kit DR uses for the FHP along with KVR stainless lines and a fluid flush. If you're ever gonna go SC, go bigger. I think Jeremy puts the most work on his with his track racing. I'd follow his recomendation.

KillJoy
03-15-2007, 06:30 AM
If $$$ is of no concern, then get the BIGGEST you can! Willwoods, Baer, KVR...it's all good.

The EBC are stock size, but perform well.

KillJoy

thePunisher
03-18-2007, 08:43 AM
do the wilwoods use booted caliper pistons??? if not i wouldnt run them on the street too much..... but if money is no concern the wilwoods are the way to go....

i have the 14 baers and i love em!!!

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Nice thing about the Willwoods is that Todd at TCE (see the vendor forum under TCE) has a larger rear brake set to match the bigger fronts, keeping the braking ratio a bit more even.

I'm with Zack on this:eek: ... they look right.

merc
03-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I am happy with the Baer Brakes WITHOUT drilled holes. Wilwoods look nice. If I got another MM, I'd try them.

listen to the man that works on my car. Willwoods are the way to go if you have the cash.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/DSC02635.jpg