PDA

View Full Version : Live-Wire from SCT

Lidio
03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Well the SCT Live-Wire flash device is here.
I've only worked with two so far on some local cars and I seem to like these so far.

The live wire can hold up to three custom tunes like the Xcal-II, so from a flash & performance stand point the Live wire is the same as the Xcal-II's, meaning that it essentially flashes the car with the same tunes and performance as the tunes that we used to offer before.

The Live Wire has the same end user adjustments as the Xcal and the ability to more easily and quickly view many preloaded PID's or parameters that can be viewed real time on its built in display. It will also pull trouble codes.

It also can be used as a pass-thru data logger with the Live-Link software, but SCT has not released the new Live-Link to support the Live Wire device yet.

The Live Wire will also be able to display some performance stats like estimated HP and acceleration stuff like 1/4 mile, 0-60mph etc.

More info here: www.sctlivewire.com/LBand/lowmain.php

The Live Wire's from us will be about $160.00 more then an Xcal--II loaded with up to three tunes.
Meaning that we'll be retailing the Live Wire's for $569.00 plus S/H.

Raudermaster
03-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Lidio is/can there be like a "return" on the Xcal 2 and put it towards a LiveWire?

Lidio
03-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Lidio is/can there be like a "return" on the Xcal 2 and put it towards a LiveWire?

I know that I wont be able to support any thing like that, and at this time I'm not sure if SCT is either.

Thanks

DEFYANT
03-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Just curious, will the Xcal2 be discontinued?

Raudermaster
03-20-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't think it will be. I mean, they still have the 9100 right? And the 9300?

KillJoy
03-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Can you switch between the Tunes on the fly? Or are the Tunes changed like w/ the XCAL2?

KillJoy

RCSignals
03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
All these different tuners/flash devices is getting confusing!

martyo
03-20-2007, 11:10 AM

Maybe if eveyone types slower you will be ableto understand better? :D

Lidio
03-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately none of the flash devices can switch tunes on the fly. That can only be done when a chip is used.
Unfortuneatly on many '04 and newer Fords, they are flash only, meaning no provision for a chip... and will also never have the ability to switch the tune instantly with the flick of a switch or a dial (not currently any way). This is one of the reason's I'm not big on NOS with the '05 and newer Stangs and many other Flash only late model Fords.

With the Chip-able cars you could burn a aggressive N/A tune and then on the fly switch to your NOS tune that pulls timing, adds fuel, adjust shifts accordingly etc... This is how we wired countless EEC-5 and EEC-4 cars in the last 8-10 years. We actually set them up so that with the flick of the NOS arming switch, it would also switch the chip into an alternate tune specifically for the NOS. It worked very good and very seamlessly and allowed us to install "DRY" NOS kits and add all the fuel thru the tune and injectors.

This is no longer option if you have a flash device or a flash only car. Your have no choice but to go with a "wet" NOS system and run less spark the whole time you think your gonna spray the car, and then flash back to your N/A tune when your not gona spary it.

RCSignals
03-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Maybe if eveyone types slower you will be ableto understand better? :D

who is eveyone?

anyway, what did you day? :D

Lidio
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM

I only offer the Xcal-II and the new Live-Wire. I think SCT still sells and has a few of the old Xcal-1's, but we haven't sold those in about a year.

Remember... all the different flash devices ultimately will flash the car with the same performance/custom tune some one like my self offers loaded into the unit.

The differences with other features are stuff like the ability to pull trouble codes, built in end user adjustability, on-board and pass through data logging and a few other features.

One of the big differences of features with the Live-wire over the Xcal-II is it has built in estimated performance data like 0-60mph and Horsepower, which I've not tried these feature yet.

Thanks

RCSignals
03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I only offer the Xcal-II and the new Live-Wire. I think SCT still sells and has a few of the old Xcal-1's, but we haven't sold those in about a year.

Remember... all the different flash devices ultimately will flash the car with the same performance/custom tune some one like my self offers loaded into the unit.

The differences with other features are stuff like the ability to pull trouble codes, built in end user adjustability, on-board and pass through data logging and a few other features.

One of the big differences of features with the Live-wire over the Xcal-II is it has built in estimated performance data like 0-60mph and Horsepower, which I've not tried these feature yet.

Thanks

thanks

so there is no reason to expect the Xcal2 to go away anytime soon.
Does the Live wire have more end user adjustability?