PDA

View Full Version : MVV - Mason Dixon Dragway

merc
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
The purpose of the follwing checklist is to serve as a guide to help the Marauderville participant verify that their vehicle is in good operating condition and capable of safe operation at high speeds. This list covers the majority of the critical systems and components that should be inspected before and after your vehicle has been used at a track event. This list does not cover all components within your vehicle, so it’s ultimately the responsibility of the driver/owner to determine that his/her vehicle is capable of, and prepared for safe use on a track.

Belts, Hoses & Filters
Inspect and replace belts as needed for: A/C Compressor, Alternator, Power Steering, Water Pump, Fan Pulley, and Supercharger (if applicable)
Ensure that all coolant hoses are in good functioning condition - upper and lower radiator hoses, heater hoses, etc.

Fluid Levels
Check fluid levels for: Engine Oil, Engine Coolant, Brake Master Cylinder, Clutch Master Cylinder, Automatic Trans, Manual Trans, Power Steering, Transaxle, Differential, etc.
We are looking for leaks only.

Exhaust System
System in good working condition and free of leaks, blown gaskets, and/or worn out or clogged mufflers/catalytic converters.
All exhaust system components properly supported with suitable hangers.

Electrical System
Battery properly secured in battery box or tray (bolted down)
No loose or exposed wires
Positive battery terminal covered

Helmets
Helmets must be Snell SA95, M95, K98, SA2000, or M2000 rated.
Helmets must also be free of cracks and other visible damage.

Cooling System
Radiator and Heater core in good operating condition and free of leaks.
Cooling system topped off with recommended coolant.
Cooling fans (elect. or mechanical) properly functioning.

-Valid State Issued driver's license.
-Long pants and full T-shirts required. No tank tops
-If using nitrous oxide system, car must have sticker in rear window. If bottle is in driver's compartment, it must have relief valve vented outside of compartment.
-Roll bar is mandatory in Street Legal cars running 11.00 to 11.50.
-Drive shaft loop required 13.99 or quicker.
-Jacket required 3.2A/1 or higher for supercharged Marauders and NOS
-Must have metal valve stems on tube tires

Pat
06-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Dear MM-V Staff;

Request you verify the NHRA requirement for a drive shaft loop for cars that are quicker than 13.99.

According to the General technical Rules of the NHRA rule book and the subsection Additional rules for cars running 12-13.99 second ET a drive shaft loop is required only if you are running SLICKS.

This requirement was verified by the tech inspectors at Both the Shreveport and Lufkin NHRA santioned strips.

If the requirement for a drive shaft loop is a CAM initiated rule then so be it and I'll abide or not race.

Thank you,

Pat

merc
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Pat, bring it and run it. This is just a template for people to look over. This is a private rental not sanctioned by NHRA rules. Tech inspection is for personal and track safety.

Pat
06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Now DR must really be concerned. Pat's car will be unfrettered.

CAUTION - SENIOR MOMENT IN PROGRESS.

Pat

ckadiddle
06-06-2007, 08:49 AM
-If using nitrous oxide system, car must have sticker in rear window. If bottle is in driver's compartment, it must have relief valve vented outside of compartment.

Aaaawwwww! You guys really know how to take the FUN out of carrying Nitrous Oxide in the car!!!

merc
06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Aaaawwwww! You guys really know how to take the FUN out of carrying Nitrous Oxide in the car!!!

Not true, I don't like flame boiled Marauder over MIL-F-24358 foam sauce.:flamer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYf5OIQG8XA

ctrlraven
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
So the safety loop are just needed for running slicks? What about if just running drag radials?

merc
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
So the safety loop are just needed for running slicks? What about if just running drag radials?

Just bring with you got. Run the car on tubes only, I don't care. As long as you make it down the 1320. It's a safety inspection not a new Nazi regime. :cool:

magindat
06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Guys,
Unfortunately, I'll not make it to MVV. However, I would like to comment on safety.

A drive shaft loop is an under $50 item and it's relatively light to ship, say under $10. It is fairly easy to install and would take a garage mechanic no more than 1 to 1-1/2 hours on front jack-stands. I can't imagine it would cost over $50-$75 for a qualified mechanic or even a dealership to install it.

At the outside worst-case scenario is your life, your car or the lives and/or cars of your friends and brethren not worth under a hundred and fifty bucks?!

NHRA rules are based on things they've SEEN happen. Don't be a statistic. NHRA rules are excellent safety guidelines in general.

Forget racing. Pop a wobbly shaft at 80 on the highway and see what happens!

If your car runs under 13.99, you have obviously modified it. All mods should be done with their accompanying safety equipment.

Do what you will. This is just my two-bit rant. For me, safety was worth the 50 bucks even if (and I hope it isn't) it's never needed.

Thanx for posting the info, Merc.

Pops
06-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I agree with Rich on this one, safety should come first. I know that its easy to let things slide but in these times it could come back to bite this club if the rules are not followed in the case of an event that know wants to see. Every time I go to a track they ask about the drive shaft loop and I have seen the results of not having one and its not pretty. If you are driving a performance car you should have plenty of safeguards to protect you and the others around you.

Blackened300a
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Im sure the weather is going to be very hot that day in August, A car thats on the bubble of running a high 13 second time slip probably will be in the 14's so I dont think this rule applies to us N/A guys.
Glad to hear that we have a private track rental for MV-V

merc
06-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Glad to hear that we have a private track rental for MV-V

We are good to go for racing on Aug 3rd.

Pat
06-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I've got a handle on the nitrous window sticker, it's a DOT form # UN1956.

The commercial lable suppliers only sell them in rolls of 500 or so at a cost of $36.00, more or less.

I've got a friend who has a friend that works in a HAZMAT shop, maybe he can get some for free or for pennies.

I'll keep you guys informed.

Here is an image of what we need. Heck, just copy this, laminate it, scotch tape it to the rear window and your good to go. "Hot dang." Start tuning "old blue" Dennis Man, not the other Dennis.

Pat
06-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I think there's a post somewhere around here, but I couldn't find it, that said there wouldd be two classes of racing, Naturally Aspirated and Power Adder for MV-V.

With a Nitrous system as my power adder can I race in the Naturally Aspirated if I turn the nitrous off?

That way I can double my chances of beating everybody and taking home two trophies instead of one. What is the ruling, staff?

Your two-fer,

Pat

merc
06-30-2007, 04:53 PM
I think there's a post somewhere around here, but I couldn't find it, that said there wouldd be two classes of racing, Naturally Aspirated and Power Adder for MV-V.

With a Nitrous system as my power adder can I race in the Naturally Aspirated if I turn the nitrous off?

That way I can double my chances of beating everybody and taking home two trophies instead of one. What is the ruling, staff?

Your two-fer,

Pat

Sure you can run in two classes.