PDA

View Full Version : Paint problems 2004 Marauders

Marylandrauder
03-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Has anyone had a paint issue on the top surface of their hood, roof,or trunk areas? My paint has some spots only on the hood and my son has it on the hood,trunk,and roof. One car is from Ohio with 10,000 miles (always garaged and never in snow-twice in rain). The other car is from Long Island,N.Y. with 15,000 miles and it has paint chips starting to form on all top areas. This car also is garaged but is driven in the rain-not snow.
I went to the dealer but got turned down for warranty work-now I am going up the line to Ford:confused:

Bigdogjim
03-23-2007, 12:47 PM
What is the build date?

Aug. of '02 was the worst for these issues.

cyclopsram
03-23-2007, 01:48 PM
The "new" paint shop at STAP sure has problems...high humidity is not the least of them... somewhere here in the archives there are posts re the crummy paint... especially the black 03s...last summer the Panthers took a humidity bath for a couple weeks, too...

MyTMerc
03-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I've got a black 04 and the paint chipped on the front of the hood around 10-15K miles (50 thousand miles ago). Several small spots. Mine is definately a daily driver. It's seen all kinds of weather but is washed often and well maintained.

There's plenty of paint threads; you should find them with the search feature. Good luck with Ford.

Marylandrauder
03-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Build date is 3/2/04

Rider90
03-24-2007, 08:37 AM
No problems with mine.

Then again...it does get just a little attention, too often...

Warbuff
03-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I have paint issues. 03' Black...... spots and RUST on the roof (under the paint) and my front bumber is peeling like it just got back from a vacation in FL.

Marylandrauder
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
:) After the turn down at one dealer I went to another and he agreed that both of our 2004's have a clear coat issue on the trunk & hood. Both cars are under the warranty-the one with 15,000 miles is being painted now and should be out by Friday-the one with 10,000 miles will be done later in April.

If you are under warranty and have pits and/or cloud-like spots in the clear coat you have a warranty issue and you should not let one dealer convince you that you have acid rain problems or bird droppings.

In fact, my Chevy dealer saw the cars and said there were what appeared to be pin holes in the clear coat on the trunk & hood areas but not other top areas. He's got over 20 years in the paint/body business and even used his best products on some of the spots but could not do a thing!

Hope this helps the next guy who has this problem suddenly appear.

Marylandrauder
04-06-2007, 03:01 PM
:) Just got my son's car back from the paint shop at the dealer-great job and all covered by the warranty.