PDA

View Full Version : 2003 300a For Sale

Matt Johnson
03-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm done. The Marauder is for sale. Thought I'd post here as well as on the classifieds since I'm in Los Angeles. Check my signature for mods and sound system. I also have a never-installed badgeless grill, brand new set of pedals and a brand new set of never used floor mats I'll throw in. The car has 42,000 miles on it. If you are seriously interested, please send me an e-mail and we can discuss. I won't post price until I know someone's really looking.

MJ

Zack
03-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Had some bad luck?
Do tell.

Matt Johnson
03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
No bad luck, just tired of the car and ready to move on to something new and German. :)

mrjones
03-26-2007, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Matt Johnson;481783] ready to move on to something new and German.

Careful. I just bought a used Porsche Boxster as a toy and to sell soon. First repair bill is $2200. Geez. It is great to drive, but not that great.

Herco23
03-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Thats just to bad, I had the same feelings at some point. But now I rather sell my 2006 Vortec Max Silverado instead of My MM.

sailsmen
03-26-2007, 07:30 PM
I have owned several Porches and BMWs, be careful.

The repair bills are unbelievable.

chrish
03-27-2007, 06:55 PM
my only german car was probably my last.bought it NEW mercedes had the only deisel on the market at the time.The car had to be towed in 3 times DOA........under warrenty there was 14,000 dollars worth of repairs...........the car had a 4 year warrenty at 38 months i gave up the gost when after being in the shop for 2-WEEKs while driving down the highway the dash flashes and a sign says "dash has failed"........told my wife right then this car is gone...
Next chapter took a bath on re-sale......would not recommend unless you need to impress your wour friends at the brathel.......in between shop visits
Would NOT even consider one out of warrenty at any type of deal.

P.S . the car only had 20,000 ish miles when we UN-LOADED it..........

BAD MERC
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Good god - tired of a Marauder? I have owned mine for a year and a half and I still pee a little in my pants when she starts up and I feel that roar go up my spine. I hate German cars. Rock-hard seats feel like upholstered bricks. You cannot work on them unless you are the head of MENSA or have mucho expendable income. Well, go buy your German car and be like everyone else. Make sure to get the white one with a tan interior.

mrjones
03-28-2007, 08:39 AM
I have these thoughts too. I was thinking this morning while in the shower, that I should just sell the Marauder, the Porsche, everything, and buy me a nice used pickup ( my 97 F150 has 180K on it), and be a little more practical.

Then, this morning, my wife wanted to take the Marauder to work. I normally let her do this once or twice a month. I was standing behind the car when she started. God it sounds good. I followed her out of the neighborhood and watched her take off on the highway. I had to call her on her cell just to say how good the car looked.

ckadiddle
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Good god - tired of a Marauder? I have owned mine for a year and a half and I still pee a little in my pants when she starts up and I feel that roar go up my spine. I hate German cars. Rock-hard seats feel like upholstered bricks. You cannot work on them unless you are the head of MENSA or have mucho expendable income. Well, go buy your German car and be like everyone else. Make sure to get the white one with a tan interior.
Thanks for the laughs. I was in dire need of them. Moral of the story is buy whatever car you will enjoy driving!

SC Cheesehead
03-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Good god - tired of a Marauder? I have owned mine for a year and a half and I still pee a little in my pants when she starts up and I feel that roar go up my spine.

You too? And I thought it was some sort of medical condition!:lol:

SCCH

ParkRanger
03-30-2007, 11:06 AM
No bad luck, just tired of the car and ready to move on to something new and German. :)

Got my wife a new Audi this year. Looking at the A6/A8 for myself maybe next year. Sure is a beautiful car - the Germans got this one right.

PR :burnout:

Pat
03-30-2007, 05:13 PM
You too? And I thought it was some sort of medical condition!:lol:

SCCH

Me too. Only at my age it just might be.

My little 3.5 YO grandson, always urges me to "do turbo thrust" when he rides in the Marauder (AKA passing gear). The other family cars don't even rate a grunt.

Today his father said, "dad, the Marauder sure sounds good coming down the street".

Gotta love it.

Pat

04MRADR
03-31-2007, 05:12 PM
:cool: In case you are loking for a Marauder or know somebody who is I saw three separate adds today in a pamplet called Auto Shopper at my local Chinese restaurant. Three Marauders were listed as follows:

2003 Mercury Marauder $ 17,495 V8, Auto, air, power locks, cruise, tilt, leather interior but no metion of mileage. Used car dealer listed as Tri-State Auto Inc. 6626 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA. 1-888-345-7023 or 215-549-2000

2003 Mercury Marauder $ 18,900 with same equipment as above Marauder for $ 17,495 but with the notation one owner off lease. Dealer listed is Z&A Auto 114-118 Roosevelt Boulevard at Front Street, Philadelphia, PA. 888-810-4003

Third Marauder listed for $ 16,450 has same equipment as above two Marauders but with power sunroof and 63,000 miles. Dealer is Di Cicco 7701 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA. 19136 215-333-5320

I'm done. The Marauder is for sale. Thought I'd post here as well as on the classifieds since I'm in Los Angeles. Check my signature for mods and sound system. I also have a never-installed badgeless grill, brand new set of pedals and a brand new set of never used floor mats I'll throw in. The car has 42,000 miles on it. If you are seriously interested, please send me an e-mail and we can discuss. I won't post price until I know someone's really looking.

MJ

Matt Johnson
04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Those are pricey for unmodified MM's....

So, I don't know how to take the Classified Ad down, but I got the car detailed and serviced and have decided to hold onto it.

So there you go. So much for Germany right now.

Although an RS6 is definitely in my near future.

MM03MOK
04-01-2007, 03:33 PM
So, I don't know how to take the Classified Ad down, but I got the car detailed and serviced and have decided to hold onto it.
I deleted it for you.