PDA

View Full Version : Safford L-M Car Show, 10 AM - 3 PM, Saturday, 16 June

Bluerauder
03-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Poll as requested by GordonB

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/Car20Show202007-246x184.jpg
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++
Greetings to all,

When I was over at Safford L-M getiing Ol' Blue aligned today, I said 'Hi' to Andy Goldsmith. He proceeded to tell me of their June 16th, 2007 Car Show, 10am to 3pm. He asked me to post this info and get with the other CAM members for a a Head Count to get some idea about how many parking spaces to Reserve for CAM Members and their MMs!
I've never done a Poll, so maybe someone can edit my post and start a Poll.
Joan and I will be entering at least One MM that day.
Appreciate evryone's help. I know we all enjoyed last year's even there.

GordonB
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++
Saturday, 16 June 200710 AM to 3 PM
Vehicle Staging starts at 9:30 AM
Safford Lincoln-Mercury
3110 Automobile Blvd
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Phone: (888) 510-2065

Bluerauder
03-28-2007, 06:50 AM
I know we all enjoyed last year's even there.

GordonB

I would have enjoyed it more if I had walked away with one of the $1000 or $500 door prizes. Or even a nice award -- like GordonB. ;) And, registration was right too --- FREE.

I'll be there for the event --- free food, drink, entertainment and prizes and wall to wall Lincolns and Mercurys. :up:

GordonB
03-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Joan and I will be ther with at least one of our MMs. Lst year we took the DTR (RED) one. Probably take it again.

If folks liked our location last year, I can make a request to Andy Goldsmith that he put the MMers up against the building again? Thoughts?

GordonB

Bigdogjim
03-28-2007, 07:24 AM
I just to see where I be working by then:rofl:

merc
03-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Sorry, June in a big racing month for me and that's Pam's weekend.:eek:

2ndMDRebel
03-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Is it only Lincoln-Mercury or can a lowly Ford Crown Vic slip in? I would like to go, just depends on when the Bob Bell Ford dealership show is going to be.

Breadfan
03-28-2007, 07:48 AM
I don't see why not, there was a Corvette there last year.

Tom Doan
03-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Took me 3 days to drain the keg last year by myself, you'all going to help this year or should I plan on serving Koolaid? Tom

Cheeseheadbob
03-28-2007, 10:21 AM
That's because I had to leave early!:D Same plan for this year Tom?
Took me 3 days to drain the keg last year by myself, you'all going to help this year or should I plan on serving Koolaid? Tom

Tom Doan
03-28-2007, 11:44 AM
And the rest of "Clowns In Fast Cars" got lost with their GPS's trying to find my house when I said " see this road? Go to the to the end of it and turn right, go to the third street and turn right." I guess that was too hard to understand, must have been the heat. The directions will be the same this year so time to study, there will be a test with Beer at the end of the maze.
I have a big pig crematorium for MMV that I will test out at Easter time that we could test out if you want to come up with some money. I can get a goat, lamb or pig to roast, the wife was pissed that I bought Allen Bros. steakdogs last year and there was no cute guys for her pleasure.

Bluerauder
03-28-2007, 12:08 PM
And the rest of "Clowns In Fast Cars" got lost with their GPS's trying to find my house when I said " see this road?
So what you are saying is that you have plenty room for more MM lawn ornaments this year !!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/MaraudersonLawn.jpg

I think the problem with getting out of Safford had something to do with the turnout. Some folks had planned on following others; but got separated just getting out onto the main road 3 at a time. :o

Count me in for the after show picnic; but don't do anything special for me. :D Two beers and a hotdog is OK for me. :beer: Cute guys?? :eek:

Cheeseheadbob
03-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey Tom, she must have missed being introduced to me! I'll wear my bright red shorts with blue crabs on them so she notices me this year! :D
the wife was pissed that I bought Allen Bros. steakdogs last year and there was no cute guys for her pleasure.

Cliff Kavanaugh
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Safford Lincoln Mercury in Silver Spring Maryland 10 AM - 3 PM, Saturday, 16 June. Yeah I would like to be there!

ctrlraven
03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
You can count me and the wife on being there this year. Great show last year and even had some brand new MM owners show up to the show, don't know if they joined the site though.

GordonB
03-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Tom Doan,
Thank you for posting and inviting us over. Pls count on Joan and I to be at your house afterwards this year -- we WILL be there, promise! Looking forward to it.
GordonB

Joe Walsh
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
And the rest of "Clowns In Fast Cars" got lost with their GPS's trying to find my house when I said " see this road? Go to the to the end of it and turn right, go to the third street and turn right." I guess that was too hard to understand, must have been the heat. The directions will be the same this year so time to study, there will be a test with Beer at the end of the maze.

Yeah, but most of us left 'smoke signals' to follow on the way home!!!:burn:

:D

Hopefully, I'll be able to attend this year...It was a really well planned show and of course, Tom's garage/BBQ/beer & bench racing session was great!

Tom Doan
03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Defyant Chuck's melted asphalt 1/2" deep marks are still there clear as day. Bob the shorts might just get soda to shoot out my wifes nose, I'm game. Gordon is even closer than me to the show and will be able to show the slow and the blind the way
I think we had 15-18 MM's show up last year, my vote is all in one row on the row by the street so we all fit, but it will require an accurate count just like last time to make it look as good as last year with two rows facing each other. I think we over whelmed them with the turn out, and it was HOT, but free food and drinks and music made the beer taste better.
Only enough people showed up to do the front yard proud, and you guys saw that the back yard is 4x bigger, I have pic's of my yard filled with Mopars....umm big blocks....

DEFYANT
03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a big pig crematorium for MMV that I will test out at Easter time that we could test out if you want to come up with some money. I can get a goat, lamb or pig to roast, the wife was pissed that I bought Allen Bros. steakdogs last year and there was no cute guys for her pleasure.

Your the one with a road that was turned into someones front lawn!!! The GPS was right! Make those people give the road back!

I'm in for the show. :burnout:

Tom Doan
03-28-2007, 06:51 PM
That is a secret Gov't safe house, please shut your eyes and push disreguard on your Gps. Tom

DEFYANT
03-28-2007, 09:14 PM
House? What house? I didn't see no house.... what are you talkin about?

Bluerauder
03-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Hopefully, I'll be able to attend this year...It was a really well planned show ....
Joe, if they call your name for one of the big cash prizes, me and Charlie will take care of it for you. :rofl:

Commodore Crap
03-29-2007, 07:50 AM
i cant go. poo! i leave on the 10th of may.

Mebot
03-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Sounds good, I can't make a definite answer just yet, but I'll keep this in mind. I want to come out, but unfortunately I don't know what my work schedule is for May, let alone June just yet.:P

ctrlraven
03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Defyant Chuck's melted asphalt 1/2" deep marks are still there clear as day. Bob the shorts might just get soda to shoot out my wifes nose, I'm game. Gordon is even closer than me to the show and will be able to show the slow and the blind the way
I think we had 15-18 MM's show up last year, my vote is all in one row on the row by the street so we all fit, but it will require an accurate count just like last time to make it look as good as last year with two rows facing each other. I think we over whelmed them with the turn out, and it was HOT, but free food and drinks and music made the beer taste better.
Only enough people showed up to do the front yard proud, and you guys saw that the back yard is 4x bigger, I have pic's of my yard filled with Mopars....umm big blocks....
I'm in on some asphalt melting this year, I've been practicing. lol

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/marauder/DSC01081.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/marauder/13-1.jpg

Joe Walsh
03-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Joe, if they call your name for one of the big cash prizes, me and Charlie will take care of it for you. :rofl:

I'll leave the show early to guarantee I win!!
:P

Tom Doan
03-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Nice burnout, just marking your turf. Tom

merc6
04-03-2007, 01:10 PM
just out of quriousity, why was that road listed as open to get us lost? Guess I will try next year with my gps to see if it tells me the same thing...
That whole going around the block(one way) and then right and left is where we all got lost cause the light was like 14 seconds long.
Hopefully I will be 400+ club by then. miss my car.

Bluerauder
04-03-2007, 01:27 PM
just out of quriousity, why was that road listed as open to get us lost? Guess I will try next year with my gps to see if it tells me the same thing....
Must have been old map data. Google maps clearly shows a 200 foot break in Pamela Drive before getting to Harding Lane. The road just doesn't go through anymore. Probably best to just follow Tom directions -- Brigg's Cheney to New Hampshire to Harding.

Joe Walsh
04-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Must have been old map data. Google maps clearly shows a 200 foot break in Pamela Drive before getting to Harding Lane. The road just doesn't go through anymore. Probably best to just follow Tom directions -- Brigg's Cheney to New Hampshire to Harding.

Yeah, That's the way that I went after last year's show, and I got to race...errr....PACE a S/C Mercedes SLK that was at the Safford show and was following me over to New Hampshire Ave.
I got him once...but he got me twice.:mad2:
Time to add MY S/C and even the score!

merc
04-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Time to add MY S/C and even the score!

You must be trying to set some record for longest S/C ownership without install. :eek:

DEFYANT
04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
You must be trying to set some record for longest S/C ownership without install. :eek:

Dont listen to him. He doesn't have no Supercharger. He's just kidding. :rolleyes:

SWOOSH
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I was one of the newer Marauders at Safford last year. I think I bought it 3 days before the event and heard from a co-worker about the event. I was driving the silver birch with virginia temp tags. I was planning on just attending, when someone started waving me in to park into a particular spot. I think the first person I met was Bluerauder, then many more. By the way, I changed from WKPLYHD to SWOOSH, it was time for a change.

Joe Walsh
04-03-2007, 08:38 PM

Probably true....But this getting married thing has 'thrown a wrench' in my modding schedule and especially my modding funds!

It's going to be installed by 'PINKS' in June!

Tom Doan
04-04-2007, 04:58 AM
The county did not open to road that goes between the neighborhoods, much too conveniant for all of us, but it makes a nice toll trap for us. "No you can't get there from here, how much you want to pay for directions?"

merc6
04-06-2007, 09:23 AM
reminds me of most of nova where a side road will lead you almost to where you want to go but you have to go all the way back to the start point to get back around to the other side. Good thing is that was the point i was able to cetch up to defyant... lol. When I get back I think it's blower time.

Marylandrauder
04-08-2007, 06:09 AM
:beer: My son and I will both be there with our Marauders

Bluerauder
04-08-2007, 06:57 AM
:beer: My son and I will both be there with our Marauders
Alright !!! :2thumbs: Is he a member here? If not, lets get him signed up with the CAM crew. :D

ctrlraven
04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I was one of the newer Marauders at Safford last year. I think I bought it 3 days before the event and heard from a co-worker about the event. I was driving the silver birch with virginia temp tags. I was planning on just attending, when someone started waving me in to park into a particular spot. I think the first person I met was Bluerauder, then many more. By the way, I changed from WKPLYHD to SWOOSH, it was time for a change.

You had your young son with you right? If so I remember you cause I was talking with a few other members about you had the VA temp tags and were at the show.

Hope you can make it out again this year.

merc6
04-09-2007, 12:03 PM
think I remember them too... who was the last black mm to show with full exhaust and subs. beleve it was flowmasters.

SWOOSH
04-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Yes, that was my son and I. I just purchased that Marauder June 16, it took me so long to find a silver mm, with black interior. I think the last black mm was a co worker of mine (I also think he added a super charger, I'M JEALOUS).

ctrlraven
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
When I started looking all I found was 10 Black 03 models, one Silver 04 and one Blue 03 within 150 miles of me. Needless to say the one silver 04 model was right at Safford L/M. Called and told them I was highly interested in the car, the next day went there and within 2 hrs I was driving the car home. I have yet to see a Sliver M that someone owned that wasn't own this site but I have seen several Black, 1 Blue and 1 DTR.

merc6
04-11-2007, 10:48 AM
there is that 1 silver unnacounted for on bolling thread.

ggt4
04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
think I remember them too... who was the last black mm to show with full exhaust and subs. beleve it was flowmasters.

I think that was me. I was the last marauder to pull in.

Tom Doan
04-12-2007, 07:12 AM
I was walking to work yesterday and sitting on the missing street that everyones GPS says is there next to my house is a black MM,right where the ricers live, WTF? Are the kids messing with me? I walk back home and mine is where it should be, I card it and no one calls. Today It's back again, have I converted the ricers? Did my blasting side pipes do the job? That's what I put them on for, ricers were blasting up and down the street, had to smack them down, more to follow.Tom

SWOOSH
04-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey GG4, did someone else at work get a MM?

SWOOSH
04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Last one? You told me about the car show.

Bluerauder
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I was the last marauder to pull in.
The very last Marauder to pull in was a Blue MM owned by GordonB & Joan. She showed up around 1 PM or after and parked down near the entrance. Think she only hung around for an hour or so and left before the awards ceremony. Too bad to since GordonB took a prize for his squeaky clean and shiny DTR. :up:

ggt4
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Hey GG4, did someone else at work get a MM?

Yeah Locklear got one.

Bluerauder
05-18-2007, 07:46 AM
:bump: Let's Not Forget About this Event

Safford Lincoln-Mercury
3110 Automobile Blvd
Silver Spring, MD 20904

High-C
05-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Still checking the schedule... We'll see, I would love to go...

Tom Doan
05-18-2007, 08:18 AM
My lawn is ready,
the beer is cold,
lots of non-MM buddies to help with the beer
I'm ready. Tom

Bluerauder
05-18-2007, 08:57 AM
My lawn is ready,
the beer is cold,
lots of non-MM buddies to help with the beer
I'm ready. Tom
But I don't see you on the attendence list .... you holding out? :rofl:

I am sure that keg will be long gone with 4 weeks to go. ;) :beer:

Cheeseheadbob
05-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately I'll be goin' down the ocean that day, hon. :( I'll hook up with you guys at the next event.:beer:

usamusl
05-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Calendar is marked, the "boss" says lets go, and i've still got 4 weekends to
be cleaning on the car. Can't wait to meet up with some fellow MMer's, heres
hoping for some great weather

Advancedautosec
05-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I have never been and dont know anybody here personally, but i want to try and come and meet some of you guys that i have talked to on here, just gotta see if i can break away from work...

MyTMerc
05-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Love to be there but I'll be getting back from 2 weeks in San Diego late that afternoon.

Bluerauder
05-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I have never been and dont know anybody here personally, but i want to try and come and meet some of you guys that i have talked to on here, just gotta see if i can break away from work...

This is how we all started at some point in time. You just gotta make up your mind to do it and then jump in the deep end of the pool. Come on in, the water is fine. :D

Advancedautosec
05-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Where is Safford anyway? is that in VA?

Joe Walsh
05-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Where is Safford anyway? is that in VA?

It's in Burtonsville, Md.

Right off Route 29; south of Columbia, Md. and north of New Hampshire Ave.

I think that the intersection is Briggs Chaney Road and Route 29.
There is a big multi-dealer Auto mall at the S.E. corner of the intersection.

It is a nice car show with good food, fun music and great door prizes.

Tom Doan
05-19-2007, 06:39 PM
You thought last years pictures were good?....
Two photographers this year, Ken Visser, the pro car shooter and Rev. Mike who has made me the best live action pics, You owe me. Tom

sweetair
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
I thought I posted up here about this. I'm planning on being here. Haggis, you and Ladyhawk going?? Could you bring my CAM T-shirt?:banana2:

Ladyhawke
05-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Not sure yet if we will be going. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Bluerauder
05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Not sure yet if we will be going. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

If you bring both the KB#5 and KB#8, then you will have twice as many chances at walking away with some of the "door prizes". Last year they had some very nice cash awards starting at 10 AM and $100 and ending at 3 PM and $1000. Gift cards to Best Buy, Home Depot and others were also given away. Suspect that it will be the same this year. Sure kept everyone there until 3 PM. :D And the registration fee was Zip, Nada, Zilch, Nothing. Besides we didn't have to pay anything. :rofl: Free food and drinks all day long. I don't see how anyone would miss this one. ;)

ctrlraven
05-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah it was a really nice show last year and of course our cars were the stars of the show. That reminds me I'll have to get my buddy to detail my car for me before the show.

Bluerauder
05-30-2007, 09:30 AM
:bump:
Time to bring this to the Top of the Pile again. CAMers -- mark your calendars.

Safford Lincoln-Mercury
3110 Automobile Blvd
Silver Spring, MD 20904

Here's from last year -- about 18 MMs showed up.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/MarauderRowatSafford.jpg

ctrlraven
05-30-2007, 09:39 AM
I hope we have the same amount or more for this year. Besides the not fully cooked hamburgers I really enjoyed the show and hated that I had to leave early but I won't be this year :D

Bluerauder
05-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Besides the not fully cooked hamburgers ....
We had them made special for you !! :D Don't think anyone else had the problem. :rolleyes:

So far, it looks like about 15-16 MMs as a reasonable estimate. You'd think big cash prizes would really boost participation .... ;)

GordonB
06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Greetings:
Joan and I will be there FOR SURE! I need to get 'Ol Red cleaned up and if I have time, 'Ol Blue as well!
Looking forward to the after show get together at Tom Doan's house!
Cheers!
GordonB

Bluerauder
06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Greetings:
Joan and I will be there FOR SURE! I need to get 'Ol Red cleaned up and if I have time, 'Ol Blue as well!
GordonB
Well there goes my chances for a "major award". :rofl: Guess I'll just have to settle for the $1000 door prize. ;)

GordonB
06-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Funny Charlie! And if it weren't for you last year, I wouldn't have even entered my DTR in the show!

Just goes to show you can never figure out car shows. Who will win what.
BTW, got my 2 drawing changes for Up To $1000 in prize money from Safford L-M today in the mail!

GordonB:)

Bluerauder
06-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Funny Charlie! And if it weren't for you last year, I wouldn't have even entered my DTR in the show!

GordonB:)

..... or stuck around for the Award's Ceremony. :D I ain't makin' that mistake again this year. :rofl:

Bluerauder
06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
:bump: 4 more days til Showtime !!!! :banana:

Greetings to all,

When I was over at Safford L-M getiing Ol' Blue aligned today, I said 'Hi' to Andy Goldsmith. He proceeded to tell me of their June 16th, 2007 Car Show, 10am to 3pm. He asked me to post this info and get with the other CAM members for a a Head Count to get some idea about how many parking spaces to Reserve for CAM Members and their MMs!
I've never done a Poll, so maybe someone can edit my post and start a Poll.
Joan and I will be entering at least One MM that day.
Appreciate evryone's help. I know we all enjoyed last year's even there.

GordonB
Safford Lincoln-Mercury
3110 Automobile Blvd
Silver Spring, MD 20904

GordonB
06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Bluerauder,
Ol' Red is cleaned and polished -- now if I can keep the rain away from it and idiot drivers/parkers. Joan gets it for the next few days. I 've go the dirty Blue one!
GordonB

DEFYANT
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the reminder Charlie.

Defyant Marauder will be maraudering to Long Island. My Grandmother, who is 90, fell on Monday and fractured (we think) her hip. Count me out guys.

If anyone is on the fence, this is a great event. This dealer really puts on a great show. Maybe Lisa will show up in the Nercury. Thats right the Nercury. A Nercury is what you get when you cross Mercury with a Nissaun and get a Mercury Villager. :D

Bluerauder
06-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the reminder Charlie.

Defyant Marauder will be maraudering to Long Island. My Grandmother, who is 90, fell on Monday and fractured (we think) her hip. Count me out guys.

If anyone is on the fence, this is a great event. This dealer really puts on a great show. Maybe Lisa will show up in the Nercury. Thats right the Nercury. A Nercury is what you get when you cross Mercury with a Nissaun and get a Mercury Villager. :D
Sorry to hear about your grandmother's injury. Hope all goes well on your visit. We'll be thinking of you on Saturday (and drinking your beer at Tom's too). Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Grandmother. Take care up on the Island.

DEFYANT
06-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother's injury. Hope all goes well on your visit. We'll be thinking of you on Saturday (and drinking your beer at Tom's too). Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Grandmother. Take care up on the Island.

Thanks Charlie.

The real work will be getting my 92 yrs old grandfather to go along with the best care for grandma. He thinks she'll be in the hospital for a week or two then come home again like all is ok. God bless him, he has done so much for her over the last several years.

Thats the real fight....:(

Tom Doan
06-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Dang, No pig for you! Tom

Bluerauder
06-15-2007, 09:40 AM

I posted a pic of the dash plaque for all participants registering for the show in Post #1 :D

If you have been on the fence for this one, time to Git 'r Done. See ya there !!

ctrlraven
06-15-2007, 10:30 AM

I posted a pic of the dash plaque for all participants registering for the show in Post #1 :D

If you have been on the fence for this one, time to Git 'r Done. See ya there !!

I thought their plaque was pretty good with the old school Mercury and Lincoln emblems. I wonder what this years will look like.

Bluerauder
06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
I thought their plaque was pretty good with the old school Mercury and Lincoln emblems. I wonder what this years will look like.
See post number #1 and read the date on the pic. :D

1of327
06-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Well, since it just came out of paint today for the A/C and rocker panels, and my body man Russ is coming in on his day off tomorrow to hang my doors.... I will not be at yet another event :mad2:, but I am looking forward to suing the s&*t out of the guy that hit me.:banana:

O's Fan Rich
06-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I emailed them my intentions to be there yesterday, Charlie. I hope they got it.

Hey...1 of 328.... I'll be heading down 83 in the morning... should I pick you up along the way?
Or are you too good to ride in a Black Marauder?:D

1of327
06-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Certainly not too good...I am no good and good for nothing. I have ridden in Cheeseheadbobs Black S/C Marauder, and can atest that I will be buying another one, Just in Black. As far as Picking me up.... not sure as I may or may not quit my job this evening. Still undicided...which would dictate whether I'm free or not tomorrow.

Bluerauder
06-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I emailed them my intentions to be there yesterday, Charlie. I hope they got it.
Rich, we have coordinated a block of parking spots through GordonB and Tom Doan with the Safford dealership. Should be no problem.

ctrlraven
06-15-2007, 08:21 PM
See post number #1 and read the date on the pic. :D

My RedBull hadn't kicked in yet, brain was still sleeping lol.