PDA

View Full Version : Regional meet in Sept.

Pops
03-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Is there any of you that would be willing to help me put on a regional meet on here in South Haven in Sept. I have a basic plan put together and am willing to listen to your ideas. All the midwest areas should consider getting involved so I am calling out all you Marauders out on this one. Post up if you are interested in helping put this on or PM me. The earlier we start the better and easier it is to get er done!

:D :D :D

KillJoy
03-28-2007, 01:30 PM
I do not know if Sept will be the BEST time.

MVV is Aug 2-7. Just not too sure of the turnout.

I am in though....

KillJoy

Hack Goby
03-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Ya this is a tuff call John.There`s Woodward in Aug. and MVV in Sept.I know your fishing alot of the summer but if you could try maybe June or July.Just a thought.Im in whatever you deside.

MERCMAN
03-29-2007, 05:08 AM
The Oktoberfest in Seymour is the first weekend of October. Just another event to schedule around :confused:

KillJoy
03-29-2007, 05:12 AM
WOW....we have a LOT of events in this area!!!

KillJoy

Hack Goby
05-12-2007, 08:03 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/SouthHaven-Sunset-Culley.jpgIf Gas prices keep getting the way they are this could be a alternative for people in the western Midwest.Being retired now has knocked me out of going East.I would like to see this happen even if it starts small.Just need a date and lets see what kind of response it gets.South Haven is a beautiful town right on Lake Michigan.

Ken
05-12-2007, 09:08 AM
If Gas prices keep getting the way they are this could be a alternative for people in the western Midwest.Being retired now has knocked me out of going East.I would like to see this happen even if it starts small.Just need a date and lets see what kind of response it gets.South Haven is a beautiful town right on Lake Michigan.I missed this earlier, I'm interested! A reason for a road trip and to get together with friends!:beer:

Ken

Pops
05-14-2007, 06:03 AM
So who is interested and when do you want to try to get this together. South Haven motels are busy during the summer but I am willing to do it whenever when can agree on a date. Post up your ideas and we can come to an agreement.
Thats a cool picture you found Paul! People are lined up on the pier for the sunset shots everyday.

KillJoy
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Labor Day weekend?

KillJoy

MERCMAN
05-14-2007, 04:40 PM
John, I would suggest mid-sept. Seymour is the first weekend in Oct. and that time frame would be far enough from MV5 that folks will have time to recoup from the fuel price shock :)

Pops
05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I will look at the local calendar to see whats going on in the middle of Sept. and post up to see who can come this way.

Pops
05-15-2007, 01:33 PM
The Street Rod Nationals are in Kalamazoo Sept. 14 to 16 and would be a great event to build this around. Kalamazoo is only 40 miles from here and is a easy drive. What do you guys think? Let me know and I will dig further into this and can come up with plenty of things to do from winery tours and dune rides to farm tours plus many other things. We need to know how long you want to stay. I would consider it a privelage to host this event here in South Haven. We even have a Hampton Inn here!

Zack
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Just sign me up for whatever.

KillJoy
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
I am in for a night or 2.

KillJoy

MERCMAN
05-16-2007, 06:03 PM
count me in!!

Pops
05-17-2007, 01:43 PM
OK guys I am going to get this party started next week. Watch for more info. We will have a good time.

kirk
05-23-2007, 12:41 PM
The Street Rod Nationals are in Kalamazoo Sept. 14 to 16 and would be a great event to build this around. Kalamazoo is only 40 miles from here and is a easy drive. What do you guys think? Let me know and I will dig further into this and can come up with plenty of things to do from winery tours and dune rides to farm tours plus many other things. We need to know how long you want to stay. I would consider it a privelage to host this event here in South Haven. We even have a Hampton Inn here!

John, this will work as long as you don't expect to show our cars at the SRN. Strictly OLD cars there. Even my '63 is too new.

Pops
05-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Kirk I know about that. I am dreaming up another idea for a car show. Stay tuned as more to follow as I can come up with a little more time after this week. We have been crazy busy here at work as everyone wants to have there stuff done for the holiday weekend.

GreekGod
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Here is a photo of John's "natural" refrigerator, in June!-

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/1/9/0/naturalreefer.jpg

Most likely, by September, he will have to use his 120 volt powered refrigerator.

The Street Rod Nationals North, in Kalamazoo, is a huge event. If you are like me, when a car show gets too big, you learn to appreciate the smaller shows. September in Michigan is a crap-shoot, weather-wise.

KillJoy
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Just found out that the weekend of Sept 15 is out for us. My Sis-in-Law is getting Married.

:(

KillJoy

Motorhead350
06-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm game and ready to go.

Pops
06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok guys heres the base plan, we go the the Street Rod Nationals on Friday and can fill in rest of the weekend by doing a wine tour, Visit Cranes Apple Farm, Go to Saugatuck and try out the dune rides and have a party at my house Sat. night. Anybody that wants to come early is welcome and we can find plenty to do. We could also go to the stock car races one night as we have a couple of good tracks near by. A visit to Gingerman Raceway is also possible. I need a head count of who is coming so I can make plans. All of these things are not a lot of money so plan on coming and have a good time.

GreekGod
06-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I like sunsets, long walks on the beach, holding hands, oh...oh...wrong forum...never mind.

MERCMAN
07-23-2007, 06:49 AM
:bump: :bump:

Anything new on this??

Pops
07-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Ok guys here the schedule for Sept.

Thursday Sept. 13 registration and free time.
Friday Sept. 14 Go to the Street Rod Natinals in Kalamazoo Leave at 9.30 And come back to South Haven at 4 PM. It takes one hour travel time so we will get back about 5 PM.
Go to Johns House Friday night for a cookout and drinks.
Satuday we will go to Cranes Apple Orchard in the morning and do the Saugatuck Dune rides In the Afternoon. After the dune rides we will hang out in Saugatck for shopping and free time. Saugatuck is a great town.
I hope to have the Hampton Inn hear in South Haven give us group rates and will post this tommorow. If you have Questions PM me or call me here at work 269 637 1994.

Pops
07-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Need your help on this. There is only a few rooms avalable around town. It seems that weddings in South Haven in Sept. are taking all the rooms. Do you want me to continue trying to put this together or do we all go to Seymour Ind in Oct. and try for next year as I could get a block reserved if i do it a year in advance. Please let me know what you guys want me to do.

John

Hack Goby
07-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Need your help on this. There is only a few rooms avalable around town. It seems that weddings in South Haven in Sept. are taking all the rooms. Do you want me to continue trying to put this together or do we all go to Seymour Ind in Oct. and try for next year as I could get a block reserved if i do it a year in advance. Please let me know what you guys want me to do.

JohnThis might be the right thing to do John.I would shoot for next year If getting rooms is going to be a problem.This could be a huge meet if the right time to have it can be found.Plenty of things to do for thr gear heads and plenty of shopping for the wifes.

GreekGod
07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Need your help on this. There is only a few rooms avalable around town. It seems that weddings in South Haven in Sept. are taking all the rooms

Aren't the Street Rodders taking up the rooms, too?

pantheroc
07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
John, I'd like to make it out there but my folks will be in town. Next year sounds promising. But don't hold back if there are die hards out there.