PDA

View Full Version : Hi gang

LimoMerc
03-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Figured I'd say hello before rumors of my death started to spread like the space between my MM and chumps trying to keep up.
Well I stored the MM for the winter again BUT not like last year and now I have bad news to report. I'l start off by saying that I'm married to an lovely Ecuadorian that has no idea why someone would store a car during the winter. I do not have a garage at my house and so last year I stored it for $600 bucks and bought a winter vehicle/house truck for $1500, and my wife was not happy about it but she said little about it until I started shopping storage prices again last fall and thats when we had our sit down talk:argue: and we decided to find a better solution to what is going to be a yearly problem for us. I took a trip with a friend to Fleet Farm and picked up one of those 10X20 canopys with questionable metal poles and put it up in the backyard. Wouldn't ya know the first heavy snow we got I was stuck working and by the time I got home at about 3am the shelter was on top of my MM:( . I got it pulled of a couple of days later and It does has damage on the hood, fender and the top of the car. I'm bummed but not heart broken because it's only cosmetic. I took 2 years of autobody in High school 20 years ago and hope I can remember enough to fix it. I'm not mad at my wife about it because its her money too, I do feel kinda dumb thinking that store bought garage was gonna protect my baby though. I hope all of you guys and gals have been well and I look forward to seeing you all this summer.

Haggis
03-30-2007, 03:11 AM
well no one told me of your death, glad to hear you are felling better. As for a non-perment garage get one of those metal ones that go up in three hours. I had my Marauder in one for the first year and it worked great. Only cost around $2500 and was 9' x 20', completly enclosed with two 6' roll up doors on each end.

MMinMN
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear about that. That sucks. My brother has a big pole barn in prescott. he would store your car indoors for about $300 for the winter.

sailsmen
03-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Pull the ring out of your nose and put it back on you finger where it belongs.

My wife does not mess with my car, guns or bladed weapons and I don't mess with her jewlery, shoes or makeup! If you are not careful you will be wearing her jewlery, shoes and makeup.

Pops
03-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Turn the damage into your insurance company. This would be covered under your comprehensive and should not have any effect on your premium. Your deductible is normaly lower on that part of the policy. Then you can take it to the body shop and have it repaired.

jdando
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Yo Scott;

welcome back to the board. Sorry to hear about the car damage.

more later,
jeremy