PDA

View Full Version : Mercury announces its newest sizzler, the ...

Bluerauder
04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
MARAUDER

Even the styling says "go". Note that slim, racy new hardtop roof. It's not only beautiful, its aerodynamic styling reduces air resistance. Choose from two dashing models: the Marauder with a big 390 V-8 standard ... or the sporty Marauder S-55, with console-mounted transmission selector, luxurious bucket seats, and a 4 barrel Super Marauder 390 V-8 standard engine. Options range up to a high-performance Super Marauder 427 V-8. Talk about hot ! Talk to your Mercury dealer.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/63MercuryMarauder.jpg

My next door neighbor sees me outside cleaning my Blue MM all the time. He and his family were on vacation this week and ran across this ^^^ ad while browsing. They figured that "Charlie would love it !!!". They were right. Thanks, John. :up: This item will be appearing with the Bluerauder at future MM related events.

DefyantExWife
04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
wow, i wasnt even born yet. I wasnt even a twinkle in my daddy's eye :coolman:

you guys remember that far back :D

MyTMerc
04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
They've been on sale on ebay for a while for around $10. Cool Pic!

Starman
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Cool poster. Real nice nabor. :2thumbs:

Bluerauder
04-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Yep, this magazine ad probably dates back to around September 1962. Back then all the car manufacturers kept their new line under wraps until the "Grand Unveiling" on national TV during the first week of September. Usually the new models were unveiled when they lifted a cover off the car and showed it to the public for the first time. It was an event that nobody missed.:2thumbs:

At that time, I was just turning 12 years old and was into building those plastic car models. I collected lots of them between 1958 and 1964. Then I discovered girls ... didn't get my next model until 2003. :rofl:

SC Cheesehead
04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
MARAUDER

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/63MercuryMarauder.jpg

My next door neighbor sees me outside cleaning my Blue MM all the time. He and his family were on vacation this week and ran across this ^^^ ad while browsing. They figured that "Charlie would love it !!!". They were right. Thanks, John. :up: This item will be appearing with the Bluerauder at future MM related events.

I am soooooooooooooo jealous! :cheesed:

SCCH

Kennyrauder
04-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I was just a kid & remember driving my bike past a garage & here was this mother of a monster sitting there while a mechanic was adjusting the 2x 4 barrel carbs on this monster. I summoned the courage to ask the mechanic what this car was & he smiled at me & said it was a Marauder. This car shook the ground when he revved it up....it's a sound I still remember & will never forget even 40 years later. That car was a Monster & I'm sure it's lucky owner was ready for all comers.

RCSignals
04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I wasnt even a twinkle in my daddy's eye :coolman:

Sure you were :)

Rider90
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I have that same ad on my wall. It inspired an old signature of mine...

http://jasonsautospa.com/oldmmsig.jpg

Blue03
04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Nice !!! Thanks for the post. I hadn't seen that one before. By the way it sounds like you have a great neighbor :up:

Haggis
04-06-2007, 03:19 AM

A twinkle that quickly died. :censor:

merc406
04-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Very nice, have a few of them myself. :beer:

stanchfi
04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I've got some other Marauder ads scanned in over on my site, if anybody is interested

http://www.mercurystuff.com/forum/

they are under the "Classic Images" forum

-James

GordonB
04-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Bluerauder,
That is a NEAT poster/ad! Now you have got me thinking!
Think we may have to get some of the old Marauder logo stuff on some clothes! After all, we drive these MMs every day, right?
GordonB

kirk
04-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I was just a kid & remember driving my bike past a garage & here was this mother of a monster sitting there while a mechanic was adjusting the 2x 4 barrel carbs on this monster. I summoned the courage to ask the mechanic what this car was & he smiled at me & said it was a Marauder. This car shook the ground when he revved it up....it's a sound I still remember & will never forget even 40 years later. That car was a Monster & I'm sure it's lucky owner was ready for all comers.

What else do you remember about this car? Bench or bucket seats? Color inside & out? What year was it?

stanchfi
04-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I've got some Mercury apparel for sale off of my site if anybody is interested

http://www.cafepress.com/mercurystuff

if anybody has any requests or other ideas for graphics let me know

-James
www.mercurystuff.com