PDA

View Full Version : Brake job not to well!

A98CVLX
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
OK I must have :censor: up I put new brakes on my 97 CV and they still do not connect I can not stop the car without using my e-brake anyhelp I swear I got all the air out of my lines.

Drock96Marquis
04-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Did you grease the caliper slide pins?

Pull the front wheel(s), have an assistant depress the brake pedal while you watch the caliper. See if the pad is making full, even contact with the rotor as the pedal is depressed.

It won't hurt to bleed the brakes again.

Click, read:
http://www.autoclinix.com/Mercury/Brakes.html

A98CVLX
04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
thanks for the link and I will rebleed the line tomorrow.

jgc61sr2002
04-07-2007, 04:21 PM
If the pedel goes to the floor there is air in the lines.
Bleed the right rear caliper fist. It is the farthest from the master cylinder.
Then L rear , R front and the L front.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
04-09-2007, 06:17 AM
If you are not confident in doing your brakes, have someone who is check them! Don't kill yourself or someone else, please!

MarauderMark
04-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Did you grease the caliper slide pins?

Pull the front wheel(s), have an assistant depress the brake pedal while you watch the caliper. See if the pad is making full, even contact with the rotor as the pedal is depressed.

It won't hurt to bleed the brakes again.

Click, read:
http://www.autoclinix.com/Mercury/Brakes.html

I'm puttin you on my buddy list:up:

Bluerauder
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
If you are not confident in doing your brakes, have someone who is check them! Don't kill yourself or someone else, please!
And Please delete "Brake Jobs" from your list of all trades, OK Jack :jk: ;)

David Morton
04-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Define brake job. List the things you replaced.

If I had a nickel for every Joe that wanted me to school him on how to fix his car for free...

And over the phone no less...

AND with little or no information!

You may as well have said, "I broke my car. What'd I do wrong?"

What'd you do wrong? YOU worked on it. :lol:

A98CVLX
04-12-2007, 07:36 AM
OK Thanks you all it is fixed, VicsEvilBrother I did not kill anybody or any animals eather.

Pops
04-12-2007, 08:11 AM
The possums will rest easier now!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyclopsram
04-12-2007, 09:03 AM
As the parking brakes.. note: not emergency brakes... are among the weak points on the panthers you should not rely on them for anything other and holding the car in place...the little drums in the hats in the rear are prone to collecting all kinds of stuff which impedes the intended operation.. especially if you do not use them regularly... for you who are lucky enough for them to engage, even more luck is required for them to disengage...hence the loose cable you see hanging under a lot of the panthers in the snowbelt.. crawl under and usetire wrench between the lever and the axle housing both sides...not fun...

MENINBLK
04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
As the parking brakes.. note: not emergency brakes... are among the weak points on the panthers you should not rely on them for anything other and holding the car in place...the little drums in the hats in the rear are prone to collecting all kinds of stuff which impedes the intended operation.. especially if you do not use them regularly... for you who are lucky enough for them to engage, even more luck is required for them to disengage...hence the loose cable you see hanging under a lot of the panthers in the snowbelt.. crawl under and usetire wrench between the lever and the axle housing both sides...not fun...

My Parking brake has not worked correctly since my Marauder was about 6 months old,
and I use it every day. For what? To keep it from freezing up.