PDA

View Full Version : There goes My Warranty--

Marauderman
04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Man on Man!!! Can you believe it!! Right when the warranty runs out (:) ;) :D :argue: :eek: This happens on the same day----check out the battery light -----seems it knows when to go R E D

..............But then again.........for those that know me.....well.....you also know , although this is true..the pics taken just a moment ago anyway----other things may not---:beer:

Local Boy
04-09-2007, 04:04 PM
If it helps any? That happens to me too - ALOT! I'd swear the manufacturers have it set to "Self Destruct" right after the warranty runs out.

Marauderman
04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
If it helps any? That happens to me too - ALOT! I'd swear the manufacturers have it set to "Self Destruct" right after the warranty runs out.

Hey Local Boy--any chance your local in Charlotte--here in my town????

Paul T. Casey
04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Good, now upgrade!

Paul T. Casey
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Remember, anytime you're at WOT with an '03 300A, you're running on battery. I changed out to a heavy duty NAPA real early. Got my son's discount, that's the biggest reason for the choice.

crouse
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I've got almost 5 years on my factory battery. When it dies, I'm going to an Optima battery.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive.html

KillJoy
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I ended up getting the Ford Motorcraft 850CCA Battery. It was $100 from my local L/M Dealer. I got NO discount :( Bastages.....

KillJoy

Marauderman
04-09-2007, 06:28 PM
I ended up getting the Ford Motorcraft 850CCA Battery. It was $100 from my local L/M Dealer. I got NO discount :( Bastages.....

KillJoy

from 650 up to 850---quite a bit upward-----I definately need to keep those thoughts in mind for sure---

Glenn
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Paul:

I thought the 300B also had the clutch alternator??

Glenn

STLR FN
04-09-2007, 09:27 PM
If ya have a good working relationship with your dealer, I'd ask for a warranty replacement. I mean you're only out by 1 mile(10 give or take by the time you can get into the dealer), if they won't warranty it. Go aftermarket like others have said.

Marauderman
04-10-2007, 04:16 AM
for those that know me.....well.....you also know , although this is true..the pics taken just a moment ago anyway----other things may not---:beer:

Well, I guess I've stretched this far enough.......like I was saying above-----"" other things may not".....meaning "may not be true" ---well , the fact is the warranty ran out , time wise in Nov.'05, and probably sooner when I put the S/C'er in with all the up grades in '03----the car is on its second motor and the mileage is what the body turned over on Sunday--the new motor is just broken in at about 13K----
........and as for that RED Battery thingy----well that is TRUE.. as of SUnday.....and will be getting a new one this month-but with a bit more strength-------

.......I was just trying to have some fun and a laugh with those that know me here for so long-----hope you others get my fun in jest with them and see my humor........

Paul T. Casey
04-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Paul:

I thought the 300B also had the clutch alternator??

Glenn

I might, probably does, but I'm not sure. Don't want to put out any dis-information.