PDA

View Full Version : detailing ?s about NEVER DULL and CLAY BAR

Black_Noise
04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
ok, has or does anyone use never dull on thier rims? is it good or will it mess them up and leave scratches

and the clay bar
such as mother clay bar, i know how to wash and wax and all, but ive never used a/the clay bar, please explain the process please

getting ready for spring cleaning

thanks

fastduo
04-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I've never used neverdull but I have used Clay.

Basically you wash the car very well. Then, doing sections at a time, you use the supplied lubrucant and spray the area. You flatten out the clay and basically rub the area until you feel it smooth with no contamination. Keep "massaging" the clay bar using a clean side. Make sure you keep the area you are claying wet. Then you wax for protection. It is time consuming but the results are awsome. The paint will feel and look like new.

Embassy
04-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Here's a decent write-up:

http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html (http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html)

Eric91Z
04-10-2007, 03:51 AM
As others have said, treat the wheels just like your paint. They are polished, but they are clear coated. I wash and wax my wheels just like I do the paint on the car. Don't use Never Dull or other metal polish/cleaner on the wheels. Those things even leave scratches on the exhaust tips...

Love clay bars when used right. I use the Zaino one as part of the complete Zaino package.

Rider90
04-10-2007, 05:40 AM
Please...Never use NEVR-DULL on your rims :o

Embassy provided a great link for the clay bar. Also, I prefer Clay Magic clay bars above Mothers...I felt that Mothers was too brittle. Have fun!

magindat
04-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Rims are clear coated, so treat as paint.

Neverdull will NOT scratch stainless or aluminum unless you get grit in the wad.

jgc61sr2002
04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
No abrasives on the clear coated wheels.

cyclopsram
04-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Mother Clay's bar? Is that where Cassius Clay's momsie went to drink?

Black_Noise
04-11-2007, 01:43 AM
wow that answered alot of my questions, thanks guys

to bad its supposed to snow 4-8 inches today, its april. come on.

i wana clean the car not get out the snow brush

Raudermaster
04-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Yea, I've used Never Dull on my rims and tips and they still look brand new with not a scratch on them.

Vortex
04-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Never-Dull is a solvent chemical based cleaner we used regularly in the Navy on brass ect... I dont see how it could help shine any metal that has a clearcoat unless the Nevr-Dull has already eaten away the clearcoat.