PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: My immaculate, low mileage, dark blue pearl MM

ADE 1000
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I have reluctantly put my beloved Dark Blue Pearl Marauder for sale in the classifieds:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=949&limit=recent

This is a unique opportunity for someone to get a very rare and well taken care of Marauder.

I am selling the Marauder is because I would like to get back to having two cars. Juggling three cars with my current parking arrangement has been a major inconvienience. My intention is to sell both the Marauder and my Continental and consolodate into a newer daily driver I can beat the crap out of without regard. A recent job change (that has me on the move more) has further highlighted the need to this. I am far too anal about the Marauder to use it as a daily driver given my current circumstances.

I would very much like to see this car go to a Marauder enthusiast. I have no intention of putting the car up for sale on Ebay or anywhere else. If it does not sell in the next few weeks, I am going to dump my beater Continental and go back to driving the Marauder full time again. If someone is going to run this thing into the ground, it might as well be me.

Please contact me if interested.

Billzstangin66
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Thats a very beautiful car ;)
I love them in blue, and i'm going to buy one soon- but to use as a daily driver. Good luck with the sale- hope it goes to someone who appreciates it.

Zack
04-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Aint gonna be me who buys this one, but damn is it gorgeous!

RCSignals
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
go on Zack, just do it

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-12-2007, 07:53 PM
My god thats an amazing DBP, I wish I could afford another one. Anyways I have a buddy who is really interested, hes gonna check to see how much he can get for his Touareg first, but loves my Marauder and has been dying for a dark blue pearl ever since he first saw one.

Bradley G
04-12-2007, 08:03 PM
That's the car I wanted to buy, when I discovered the Marauder.
If there was a way...

Rider90
04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Even though we talked about this Arun, damn, this is the SECOND for sale ad I have seen with pictures I took! Making it seem like I forever ruined something :eek:

I wish you the best. If it doesn't sell, that Stage IV will go through hell before needing to be done over again.

murphypeople
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I notice on some interier photos like of this MM there is "device" in the cup holder. Looks like some kind of "springloaded" something or other. I can only guess what it would be...

wondering..........
T:confused:

ridinclean
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Thats absolutely perfect. Hopefully it ends up in the hands of someone who will really appreciate it. :bows:

Shora
04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I notice on some interier photos like of this MM there is "device" in the cup holder. Looks like some kind of "springloaded" something or other. I can only guess what it would be...

wondering..........
T:confused:

That is the "ashtray".

Ford replaced, smartly IMO, the ashtray with the Oil/ Volt Gauge cluster. Thus, they included this device that is about the size of a 4 oz. cup, closes shut on the top, and is removable for easy cleaning.

I smoke cigars (and own a cigar shop) but there is no smoking in my Marauder so I use it to hold extra change for tolls/ meters.

Mad4Macs
04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Mine had one of those cupholders, as well. Please don't tell me Ford "de-contented" those, too, later on!

Zack
04-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Im shocked it hasnt sold yet.

Mike Poore
04-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Anyone notice there's no dash clock? :confused:

Zack
04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Anyone notice there's no dash clock? :confused:

They didnt come with clocks on Blue MM's.
Get with the program Mike!

RoyLPita
04-13-2007, 10:19 AM
I gave PhastPhil a PM about this one. He has a line in his signature for wanting a blue MM with less than 50k. He also mentioned 5 years of age but maybe he could get it in 4 1/2.

rvaldez1
04-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Im shocked it hasnt sold yet.

Ya, really. When I was on the market for one these prices were unheard of for under 30000 miles, unmolested. I might have to sell the CVLX for and join the club for good.

jgc61sr2002
04-13-2007, 05:28 PM
They didnt come with clocks on Blue MM's.
Get with the program Mike!

The clock is in the radio.:D

Mike
04-13-2007, 06:14 PM
pm sent.......

Red Ryder
04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Email Sent

bryanthomas
04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Some one buy this car! Every time I see a blue one I wish I would have held out. :o

Illss
04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Some one buy this car! Every time I see a blue one I wish I would have held out. :o Me 2 !:bigcry:

sweetair
04-13-2007, 07:14 PM
If I were looking for another one, this might be it. My 03 SB is the bomb for me as well. I hope the day doesn't come that she is sold.:( Good luck

murphypeople
04-14-2007, 05:54 AM
That is the "ashtray".

Ford replaced, smartly IMO, the ashtray with the Oil/ Volt Gauge cluster. Thus, they included this device that is about the size of a 4 oz. cup, closes shut on the top, and is removable for easy cleaning.

I smoke cigars (and own a cigar shop) but there is no smoking in my Marauder so I use it to hold extra change for tolls/ meters.

Does anyone^^^^have the part number for the Ashtray? My MM is a 03 (born 06/02) and I always thought it was odd that there was no ashtray anywhere in the car. Interesting provision...I guess mine got lost between owner 1 and me owner 3.

Tony:burnout:

Mike Poore
04-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Ashtrays were part of the "smoker's option" or some such :bs:

Although they may have been "standard" in the '03 A & B's, ashtrays were not included in the '04's, at least mine wasn't. Of course you could buy, or order one for a princely sum.

If they were standard in the '03A's but part of the "decontented" program, somewhere along the way, I guess we ought to add that to the database as one of those mighty important points for Concourse Judging, sometime in the future.

Hmmmmm, he'll say, this '03A don't have none of them spring top ashtrays ...knock off 10 points, DING!

Then, of course, they'll start looking to see if it's the original Ford spring. :shake:

The decontent issue has been somewhat fuzzy, with some models having this or that, as the production line ran out of these and those.

Take the CLOCK, for instance.:o

I'm wondering if there's an '03B out there, somewhere with the dash clock and the clock radio?

RoyLPita
04-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Take the CLOCK, for instance.:o

I'm wondering if there's an '03B out there, somewhere with the dash clock and the clock radio?

1) If the radio has the clock built in, the wiring and plugs in the back (and the whole dash harness) are different from the 300A type.

2) If Ford did this by accident, then the vehicle would be considered misbuilt.

Peter
04-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Should sell real soon....Good luck!

96DiamondVIII
04-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I have no such cupholder-mounted-ashtray-thingy. (300B, build date 5/03) However, since I'm not the original owner, I suppose he/she could have removed it from the car and not troubled themselves to replace it. Not that I'd use it anyway as I prefer to have the dual cupholders for when I have a front-seat passenger...

Mike Poore
04-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Barry, CRUZTAKER, sent me his, and I cleaned all the smelly cigar puck out of it with chlorox, hot spray & engine cleaner, + a shot of sweet smelly stuff .....and it's the reason there's one in that '04 S.B. of Mark's. :D

Stranger in the Black Sedan
04-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Price is very reasonable, I paid as much for a car that is probably not as perfect.

Zack
04-16-2007, 04:44 AM
I cant believe the car is still for sale.

ADE 1000
04-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks for everyones compliments on the car.

I probably should have posted here earlier. I got an avalanch of email just minutes after the car was posted. A sale is actually pending and several other buyers are waiting in line right behind if this deal falls through.

Thanks again. :beer:

knine
04-16-2007, 05:52 AM
I was begining to wonder. BLUE is so damn cool.

ADE 1000
04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
FYI - It is officially sold.

I actually ended up trading it for another member's Marauder. Although I was quite sad to see the blue one go, I am very happy to still have a Marauder in the garage.

That reminds me...I need to update my sig.

:beer:

RCSignals
04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Congrats on the sale, and welcome again to the family.

Is this new one Supercharged?

Rider90
04-26-2007, 07:11 PM
FYI - It is officially sold.

I actually ended up trading it for another member's Marauder. Although I was quite sad to see the blue one go, I am very happy to still have a Marauder in the garage.

That reminds me...I need to update my sig.

:beer:
Congrats Arun!

ADE 1000
04-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Congrats on the sale, and welcome again to the family.

Is this new one Supercharged?

Thanks.

No, this one is not supercharged.

ADE 1000
04-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Congrats Arun!

Thanks Jason.

I'll be in touch about getting on your schedule.

Rider90
04-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks Jason.

I'll be in touch about getting on your schedule.

3rd-time return customer. Dang I must have done something right :D