PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side door control panel

jim geary
04-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Ok guys, I'm not sure what to use. I had the shop that I frequent put in the
little lights behind the door handles. All 4 doors. The front 2 doors they cannot get the retaining clips back on. They used some sort of epoxy on both, but the panels keep lifting off. Said they don't want to crazy glue them in case I ever need to change anything beneath. Anyone got any ideas
as what to use? Kind of a pain in arss having to push down every so often.
Dicissions, dicissions.:confused:

DEFYANT
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Sounds like they broke the little clips under the panel. If so, they owe you a new panel.

FordNut
04-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Sounds like they broke the little clips under the panel. If so, they owe you a new panel.

That's what it sounds like to me, too.

magindat
04-13-2007, 05:41 AM
I agree. Broken clips. They are prone to breaking. Horrible design. New panels are cheap - like under $20 and easy to change.

I went another route. I drilled a small hole where the clip was through the top of the panel. I then took a piece of aluminum about .75" x 1.5" and tapped it to the thread of a black macine screw about .5" from one end. I tucked the long end under the door skin and popped the front of the panel in normally. Now I simply tighten the screw for a snug fit.

The screw is unobtrusive. Removing and replacing the panel is cake. The panel remains servicable and I don't have to buy a new panel every freakin time I work on the door!

MarauderMark
04-13-2007, 06:11 AM
I had someone install an alarm in my car and they put the fuse that keeps blowing under the control peice. well not knowing how to take off one i broke it.When i had my car detalied the guy at the body shop put some kind of sticky gooey thing that i can take it off .but when i want to put it back on he i goto him and he puts it on for me.Looks like that snot stuff for hanging pictures.

magindat
04-13-2007, 06:16 AM
I had someone install an alarm in my car and they put the fuse that keeps blowing under the control peice. well not knowing how to take off one i broke it.When i had my car detalied the guy at the body shop put some kind of sticky gooey thing that i can take it off .but when i want to put it back on he i goto him and he puts it on for me.Looks like that snot stuff for hanging pictures.

That stuff comes with cheap speakers to hold the grilles on!!!!! We used to call is Gorrilla Snot bastardized from grille snot.