PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford Saturday

GAMike
04-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Contrary to the weather reports........... Saturday was a great day for racing at Commerce... No rain until I was getting into my car @ 5:30pm

By luck I caught up with Glassman for the races.....

Saw two Marauders...I with Cobb County Plates, and one parked from a distance... None racing.

Track was hooking up very well contrary to last years SSHS..... The track crew kept things moving all through the day at a borderline dangerous pace, because of the threat of rain I guess.

Highlights- A Ford Fairmont (Yes a Fairmont) that participated in the event where you go drive for 30 miles and then make 3 passes.........
2 of his passes were under 10 seconds........

-Older Fox body Mustangs ruled the 03 -Newer Mustangs by a long shot. there were 2-3 the were sub 9 second cars and more than a few 10 sec. street cars. Saw Saleen's and supercharged Cobra's racing but none cracked 10.5 et. that I recall.

-A 6 second 1965 Mustang barely avoided a catastrophy. Running out of the left lane, at 500ft he did a great job of saving 2 head-ons with the left side wall, then the right side wall......... But did broadside the right wall at 1000 ft. with the side fiberglass shell.

Might have been a good day for big 4 door beasts to make a few runs, but hey there is always next year. Maybe they will forget about the Maruader, and we can sneak up on em andhttp://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout.gif
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

FordNut
04-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Wish I had been there. Too bad I let the weatherman scare me off. Glad y'all had a good time.

merc
04-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Might have been a good day for big 4 door beasts to make a few runs, but hey there is always next year. Maybe they will forget about the Maruader, and we can sneak up on em andhttp://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout.gif
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

When FFW comes to Richmond in June I suspect a few big 4 door beasts will be looking for something to eat. Thanks for the update Mike.