PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville 5 - Power Adder Raffle!!

MM03MOK
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Power Adder Raffle!
2nd Prize: Pioneer AVIC-D3 ~~ 3rd Prize: MM.Net Banner
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/6/7/MV5.jpg

$100 per ticket
http://marauderville5raffle.eventbrit e.com/ (http://marauderville5raffle.eventbrit e.com/)

125 tickets total
Buy 3, Get Exclusive
MM.Net Marauder Banner Free
(3'x5' - vinyl with grommets at 4 corners, no fading uv protected)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 906&d=1176682522
(Haggis, Ladyhawke & Mailman)

Winner's Choice - Marauder Power Adder Kit
from
Forced Induction Technologies (F.I.T.)
P1SC ProCharger *

Reinhart Automotive
(Vortech Air to Air) **
(Vortech NO IC Kit) ***

Pro Turbo Systems ****
http://www.proturbokits.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=78

The Marauderville 5 Planning Team is pleased to announce a Power Adder Raffle fundraiser to offset expenses for MV5, making this event affordable for all to attend.

Please follow the link below to make your purchase. Anyone purchasing 3 tickets will automatically receive one (1) Exclusive MM.Net Marauder Banner. No tickets will be mailed. Please retain your emailed receipt.

For those wishing to send payment via the mail, please email Mary for further details - MM.Net@mercurymarauder.net.

> The Raffle begins Sunday, April 15, 2007.
> The price for each ticket is $100.
> The number of tickets will be strictly limited to 125.
> Tickets available via Paypal, which now accepts major credit cards even if you do not have a Paypal account. (See above for tickets by check/money order.)

> Please include your Screen Name and phone number when using PayPal or mailing a check.

> The Raffle will run until all tickets are sold.

> Winner will have their choice of a Marauder Reinhart Automotive or F.I.T. Supercharger Kit or Pro Turbo System Turbo Kit.

> The winner is responsible for all shipping, installation and any tax expenses.

> There is no cash value or substitutions.

Please support MV5 by purchasing a ticket, or 3? Please make a point to thank our supporting vendors: Greg McMurray, F.I.T., Dennis Reinhart, Reinhart Automotive and Todd Gilbert, Pro Turbo Systems. Without their support, this Raffle and event would not be possible.

*There will be a $100.00 coolant transfer tube fee plus $120.00 in shipping and we will install the kit for $600.00 if someone wants that option. You can upgrade from the chip to the tuner for $200.00
** Tune not included. Kit includes injectors, fuel pump, after-cooler, 90mm Lightening MAF, plugs and thermostat.
***Tune not included. Kit includes 05 GT MAF Element, MAF Extender, fuel pump, plugs and thermostat.
****Six-Seven weeks for delivery.

MERCMAN
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM
NICE!!!! :up:

KillJoy
04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Hmmmm.....

Tempting....

:up:

KillJoy

MM03MOK
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Note: since this is a fundraiser for Marauderville 5 and the drawing will be done by the Capitol Area Marauders group, any owner of MM.Net is eligible to purchase a ticket.

MyTMerc
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
I just purchased my raffle ticket! Whoo hoo!!!

Mary thanks very much for setting up this raffle and a special thank you to Greg, Dennis and Todd for your support of the MMNet and Marauderville 5. You've offered a great line up of go fast parts, but more importantly, each of you has a reputation for here for offering our community great service, quality parts and expert advice! You've come through once again!

Blackened300a
04-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Hmmmmm When will the drawing be held?

Mike
04-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Just ordered one myself!

High-C
04-16-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm in... and thanks to all of the vendors...

Pops
04-16-2007, 07:09 AM
I bought the first 3 sold and hope the GM gets its next upgrade! Good luck everyone and buy them up fast so we can get a winner!

High-C
04-16-2007, 07:10 AM
+1 - And I assume that we do not need to be present to win...

sicilianmarquis
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
thats ****in awsome, that would be an awsome sunvisor

Blackened300a
04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
3 Tickets purchased, Now send me my Banner!

MyTMerc
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
+1 - And I assume that we do not need to be present to win...

You are correct, you don't need to be present for the drawing to win:)

MyTMerc
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM

The raffle will run until all the tickets are sold. So, if we get them sold soon, the winner may even get to MVV a little quicker after the install.

MM03MOK
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM
We're off to a roaring start!!

16 tickets sold already!!

Sully008
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Okay all, I'm in for a ticket on this one. Thanks to FIT, Reinhart Automotive, and PTK for their support!

MM03MOK
04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
This is a fundraiser for MV5. If you've never been to a national meeting, now's your chance. Please keep this thread focused. If you have any other questions about the products fitting other vehicles, please take them up with the providers or post elsewhere. This is a Power Adder Raffle for Marauders.

TooManyFords
04-19-2007, 10:33 AM
This is a fundraiser for MV5. If you've never been to a national meeting, now's your chance. Please keep this thread focused. If you have any other questions about the products fitting other vehicles, please take them up with the providers or post elsewhere. This is a Power Adder Raffle for Marauders.

Yes, we met at MV-I if I remember correctly! And asking a vendor to step up to the plate and offer an alternative would seem like the appropriate place to put the request.

I was serious about looking into alternatives. Seems to me if MM.NET wants to raise money, then you should be behind me in getting vendors to step up to the plate in this fashion. At least two of them have the capabilities to resell a Magnuson kit.

I'm just saying you should think about it and go to the Vendors with this proposal before blindly "pruning" the thread...

John

Dennis Reinhart
04-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes, we met at MV-I if I remember correctly! And asking a vendor to step up to the plate and offer an alternative would seem like the appropriate place to put the request.

I was serious about looking into alternatives. Seems to me if MM.NET wants to raise money, then you should be behind me in getting vendors to step up to the plate in this fashion. At least two of them have the capabilities to resell a Magnuson kit.

I'm just saying you should think about it and go to the Vendors with this proposal before blindly "pruning" the thread...

John

John all you have to do is pick the phone up and call the vendor of your choice, this raffle is for the Marauder event, and these parts being raffled are for the Marauider, so I agree lets keep it on that track.

TooManyFords
04-19-2007, 10:45 AM
John all you have to do is pick the phone up and call the vendor of your choice, this raffle is for the Marauder event, and these parts being raffled are for the Marauider, so I agree lets keep it on that track.

This is on track! I'm not following how it is not. MM.NET wants to raise money. Ok, for whatever one of the kits cost, I want the equivelent for my Mustang. My MM is already supercharged six ways to Sunday. :D

I'm asking if the Vendors want to resell such a kit. There must be a cash equivelent to the winner to get something else if he wins, no?

And I'm not disputing it's a Marauder event. I;ve tried to make all of them but my car kept me from the last 3, couldn't be helped.

I'm just saying, don't make a knee-jerk reaction and discuss this amongst all the vendors and then reply. The correct MM.NET response to this request should be:

"Thank you for the suggestion! We'll examine the options and get to on this."

Cheers!

John

MERCMAN
04-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Thank you for the suggestion, perhaps when a MV is held someplace where you can help plan we will get right on it

CLARIFICATION!!

We have raffled off S/C's in the past for MV. We approach the vendors for the product with the most appeal to the majority of the members. KISS

If you want another product, buy a raffle ticket and wheel and deal on your own

Haggis
04-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Man, ask a simple question and start a war. Geesh!!

I was only echoing Duncan's post. Don't need another S/C for a Marauder I all ready own two of the best S/C Marauders out there.

Mary, Dennis and Dan; I get the point.

MM03MOK
04-19-2007, 11:19 AM
There must be a cash equivelent to the winner to get something else if he wins, no?

No, you cannot get "cash" instead of the prize. If one chooses to sell the prize after the fact, that's their business. If you're trying to bring new vendors to our website, that was not made clear and is a separate discussion from the existing raffle.

John Nero
04-19-2007, 11:37 AM
i just bought my ticket and i already have a pro charger

RCSignals
04-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Man, ask a simple question and start a war. Geesh!!

I was only echoing Duncan's post. Don't need another S/C for a Marauder I all ready own two of the best S/C Marauders out there.

Mary, Dennis and Dan; I get the point.

Yes, I'm sorry I made that post. I didn't think anyone would make an issue of it in that way.

J-MAN
04-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Just received my banner yesterday and my wife caught me hanging it over the bed. I was given a choice of the banner or me spending future nights in the garage. She's so good to me always giving me choices.

Many thanks to the vendors for offering up such great prizes for the raffle it will be a tough decision to make when (if) I win.

I'm new to the site and am overwhelmed by the depth of knowledge of the members and information available. I have learned so much. Thanks to ALL!:burnout:

Bigdogjim
04-21-2007, 05:06 AM
I'm just saying, don't make a knee-jerk reaction and discuss this amongst all the vendors and then reply. The correct MM.NET response to this request should be:"Thank you for the suggestion! We'll examine the options and get to on this."Cheers!
John

John if you already know the answer why ask the question?

Bluerauder
04-21-2007, 05:23 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just received my banner yesterday and my wife caught me hanging it over the bed. I was given a choice of the banner or me spending future nights in the garage. She's so good to me always giving me choices.
Thanks for the best laugh of the week. :up:

I might have to buy 3 tickets just to do this and see the reaction personally. :rofl:

BTW -- the garage ain't all that bad. I'm kinda getting use to it.

TooManyFords
04-21-2007, 05:35 AM
John if you already know the answer why ask the question?

It's OK Jim.. Just start at msg #1 and read slowly...

MM03MOK
04-21-2007, 06:50 AM
21 tickets sold!
:bump:

Pat
04-23-2007, 06:31 AM
My orders is in, Dennis can start packing the VORTEC Lite, My Mechanic is standing by with tools in his hot little hands.

Thanks for making this a possibility, my summer will be most pleasant because of it.

PAT

MM03MOK
04-24-2007, 04:07 PM
:bump: :bump:

1stMerc
04-24-2007, 04:24 PM
My ticket is purchased. Everyone get a ticket so i can be drawn the winner and have the charger by my 50th birthday May 24th hint hint hint hint hint

That's May 24th of this year!!!!

finster101
04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Where is the count now? We need a live counter of tickets sold the suspense is killing us.

MM03MOK
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Let's kick this into gear!

27 sold and 98 to go!!

Pops
05-01-2007, 06:53 AM
When are you guys going to buy your tickets? Spring is here and its time to get the Mods done! I have mine and looking forward to this raffle. Take a chance and get a SC cheap. If you have not seen the banner you can get in person for buying 3 tickets you do not know what your missing. The banner is pretty cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

MM03MOK
05-01-2007, 06:59 AM
3 more sold this morning! Knine....the banner's yours!! :woohoo:

knine
05-01-2007, 05:17 PM
3 more sold this morning! Knine....the banner's yours!! :woohoo:
......with....... a....... Black Marauder.......... on........ it.........pshhhh, whatever.:dunno:

KillJoy
05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
......with....... a....... Black Marauder.......... on........ it.........pshhhh, whatever.:dunno:

If you don't want it...send it my way....

:beer:

KillJoy

knine
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
If you don't want it...send it my way....

:beer:

KillJoy

Send 300.00 Bunny's way and I'll make sure you get one :D

KillJoy
05-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Send 300.00 Bunny's way and I'll make sure you get one :D

Whatever....slowpoke!!!

:D

KillJoy

knine
05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Whatever....slowpoke!!!

KillJoy

It's stock It's Stock IT'S STOCK. Not for long. HUH? You make no sense. :witch: A little help here Zack, Steve needs his doors blown off (again?).

I got a banner and you don't, neener neener neener:neener: !!!!!!!!!

I recall something about "Hmmmmm. tempting" JUMP !! Go ahead, get some !!

Blackened300a
05-02-2007, 03:04 AM
I got a banner and you don't, neener neener neener:neener: !!!!!!!!!

Yeah but look at it this way, You have a $25 banner and he still has $300 in his pocket.

knine
05-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Yeah but look at it this way, You have a $25 banner and he still has $300 in his pocket.
....and the personal satisfaction that I'm helping out MV5 (and even have 3 chances of winning).

MM03MOK
05-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Tickets may also be purchased by personal check $US. PM me for details.

Lowell
05-02-2007, 05:19 PM
I would buy a ticket if there was an option for a Trilogy.

MM03MOK
05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Buy a ticket, win the prize, sell the prize, buy whatever you like! :D

Dennis Reinhart
05-02-2007, 06:58 PM

It is very simple, win the drawing take the payment for the winning S/C, and pay the differnce and buy the tilology.

RCSignals
05-02-2007, 11:51 PM
It is very simple, win the drawing take the payment for the winning S/C, and pay the differnce and buy the tilology.

but he wants a Trilogy ;)

knine
05-03-2007, 05:57 AM
I'll be happy with any of the choices.

grampaws
05-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm in!!Woohoo!!

knine
05-06-2007, 05:42 PM
:burnout:

I AM SOOOO GLAD I'M SINGLE. :banana: The my banner looks SOOOOO NICE over my bed. :lol: I figure if I get any complaints, well.................."there's the door, don't let it hit 'ya where the good Lord split 'ya"

What a great screening tool! :eek: Love me, love my car. THANKS !! :shake:

Also, a big THANK-YOU to all the vendors who supported this event.

J-MAN
05-06-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm sure that there are many that are glad you are single.:D We both love our Marauders, but try a higher level with a woman.:lol: In a compromise both sides feel like a winner.

knine
05-06-2007, 06:30 PM
There's a time for compromise, it's called "later"

ckadiddle
05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Bought one. Thanks to all the involved vendors for making this possible again.

MM03MOK
05-08-2007, 06:02 AM
UPDATE:
Through the generosity of our Member and Supporting Vendor, John Kuhn, of John's Stereo, and Pioneer, a Second Prize has been added to the Power Adder Raffle.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3442/369264980AVIC-D3%20regular.jpg
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069609_369264980,00 .html
Pioneer AVIC-D3

How about a Third Prize!!
MM.Net will give an exclusive MM.Net Mercury Marauder Banner to another lucky winner.

Anyone buying three tickets will automatically get an MM Banner.

Once again, much thanks to John Kuhn, John's Stereo and Pioneer for their support of Marauderville 5!!

Thank you to all the ticket holders, present and future.
Marauderville 5 will be another great event!!

Power Up your Marauder!!

http://marauderville5raffle.eventbrit e.com/ (http://marauderville5raffle.eventbrit e.com/)

MarauderMark
05-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Support The Greatest Event that has ever happened here:banana: .MV5.
Even if you do not intend to come at least support them like you support your friends:up:

hdwrenchtx
05-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Great prizes!

how many tickets left?

MM03MOK
05-08-2007, 07:26 AM
92 tickets to go!!

Agent M79
05-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Hey! What is this? A raffle? Am I not suppose to get a PM'd invite? Maybe a phone call? Or a personal visit from a duly appointed representative?

Have I not endangered my marriage enough for past raffles to prove my 'Raffle VIP' status?

I think that your people should talk to my people and maybe we can work this thing out.

MM03MOK
05-08-2007, 07:31 AM
You're the best, Dave....postage must have fallen off! :D

Pops
05-08-2007, 10:04 AM
One more reason to buy some tickets.
If you win the Navigation system Johns Stereo will install it for free if you can come to our store here in Michigan! Good Luck to all of you!

MarauderMark
05-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Thank you for your support.:up:

Agent M79
05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I have authorized the expenditure despite the... 'oversight'. My people will issue a P.O. for my approval and pending processing by accounts payable, this deal shall be sealed.

Bluerauder
05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I have authorized the expenditure despite the... 'oversight'. My people will issue a P.O. for my approval and pending processing by accounts payable, this deal shall be sealed.
So, the wife still holds the checkbook huh Dave? :rofl:

Agent M79
05-08-2007, 12:10 PM
So, the wife still holds the checkbook huh Dave? :rofl:

Hey! When you have amassed the tens of dollars that I have, you gotta have people!

Pops
05-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Do the Horses have the power to authorize the deal?

MM03MOK
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
88 tickets to go!!

a banner will be on it's way to another generous Member...!!

Mike Poore
05-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey! What is this? A raffle? Am I not suppose to get a PM'd invite? Maybe a phone call? Or a personal visit from a duly appointed representative?

Have I not endangered my marriage enough for past raffles to prove my 'Raffle VIP' status?

I think that your people should talk to my people and maybe we can work this thing out.

:hide: Um, we thought, in support of your marital bliss, a more stealth(y) approach was deemed necessary on this occasion. Therefore, any fall-out from said spouse learning of your backsliding into sinful habits, could not be blamed upon ourselves, your MM.net team members. :D

So, Dave, it's three tickets, then?

Agent M79
05-11-2007, 04:49 PM
So, Dave, it's three tickets, then?

There is only 88 left... I am not sure I will get to the order page in time...

J-MAN
05-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Let's keep it rollin':woohoo: THANKS VENDORS!!!!!

MM03MOK
05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
:bump: :bump:

Pops
05-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Hey guys lets get this raffle movin!!!!!!!!! The money goes to help the club who is doing all the work and we have great prizes. Time to get serious so they can finish the financial planning of the main event of the year.

Blackened300a
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I hope my entry to this raffle doesnt expire. It seems we have a long wait until the winner is announced.
Any chance of offering a second prize to sweeten the deal and help move tickets??

MERCMAN
05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
I hope my entry to this raffle doesnt expire. It seems we have a long wait until the winner is announced.
Any chance of offering a second prize to sweeten the deal and help move tickets??

AHEM!!!!

Please check post #56 in this thread

Blackened300a
05-21-2007, 03:57 PM
AHEM!!!!

Please check post #56 in this thread

A-ha! I missed that post! Cool deal.

Will a date be announced to end it? or it will go right up until every ticket is sold?

MERCMAN
05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
once again, please read the first post in this thread

MM03MOK
05-22-2007, 06:16 AM
87 tickets to go!!
The MV5 Planning Team wants to keep the registration fees as low as possible, while bringing great value to our fifth annual event. The success of this Raffle will directly benefit the financial efforts of MV5.

Buy a ticket and have a chance to win some great prizes!! Drawing to be held after all tickets are sold.

00 Aggie
05-25-2007, 10:20 AM
In! FI here I come!!

MM03MOK
05-31-2007, 08:14 AM
85 tickets to go!!
We appreciate all those having purchased tickets to help support MV5. What about the rest of you? A chance to win great prizes! A $100 investment gives you a 1 in 75 chance of winning the Power Adder or the Pioneer AVIC-D3, donated by John's Stereo and Pioneer.

The registration fees are in the process of being set for MV5. The success of this raffle can make a difference!!

Let's get this moving, so the winner can have their choice installed before MV5!!

Mike
05-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Just ordered 2 more, that brings my total of tickets purchased to 3!! Who knows, maybe a supercharged blue in the future :D

Zack
05-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Just ordered 2 more, that brings my total of tickets purchased to 3!! Who knows, maybe a supercharged blue in the future :D

And a banner!

ckadiddle
05-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Will you people hurry up and finish buying the tickets???? Please????

knine
06-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Who knows, maybe a supercharged blue in the future :D
Why, yes, I would like that, thanks Mike.:D

Hmmm, last 4 posts are from BLUE owners. I'd say the chances are good.

Bluerauder
06-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Why, yes, I would like that, thanks Mike.:D

Hmmm, last 4 posts are from BLUE owners. I'd say the chances are good.
Got mine. Make that 5 in a row.

finster101
06-03-2007, 10:13 AM
If you don't want the damn thing then don't buy a ticket. It does'nt get much more simple than that

knine
06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Miss your anger management class today?

finster101
06-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Miss your anger management class today?
Just tired of seeing the same annoying crap bumped each time there is a new post on this thread.

MM03MOK
06-06-2007, 09:33 PM

For any new members not familiar with our annual event, we're celebrating our fifth national gathering in Hagerstown MD/Washington DC in August - Marauderville 5! We rely on the proceeds of this raffle to keep the registration fee as low as possible. We have a great time planned for Members from all over the country. Please support the hard work and event planning of the Capital Area Marauders. Buy a raffle ticket and a chance to win a Power Adder or a Pioneer AVIC D3. If you buy 3, you'll also receive an exclusive MM.Net Mercury Marauder banner.

Pat
06-10-2007, 05:55 AM
There are 55 days left to buy tickets, assuming a 4 Aug drawing date for the raffle. There are 83 tickets left to sell, that means 1.5 tickets must be sold per day to meet the projected date.

So far, as of 31 May only 42 tickets have been sold, that's .9 per day.

What does all this mean? It will be 12 Nov before the drawing if tickets sell at the present rate.

Since the purpose of the raffle was to help defray MV-V expenses, maybe another, shorter raffle with a definite drawing date of 4 Aug, for a popular item such as a complete set of Marauder hood/trunk/mats from our vendor for say $25.00(?) per ticket would draw in the new crowd and those who want something less expensive than an S/C install.

Time is of the essence.

Pat

Cobra25
06-10-2007, 06:09 AM
It took me awhile, but I had to Buy a Ticket. The Capitial Area Marauders (CAM) Surported Marauderville 4 Last Year and I had to do the same for them. I'm sure it will turn out to be another Great one.

MM03MOK
06-18-2007, 05:49 AM

Registration is now open. We took a leap of faith in setting the pricing for registration. The actual value of registration approaches $120 per person. We need this raffle to be a success and for the Membership to step up to the plate.

If you're new to MM.Net and are a new owner, here's your chance to buy a ticket at $100 in hopes of winning a Power Adder, valued at up to $5,000 or more!! Second Prize is Pioneer AVIC-D3 car stereo courtesy of John's Stereo and Pioneer. Third Place winner receives an Exclusive MM.Net banner!!

The success of this raffle will determine the fate of any future Power Adder raffles, so let's sell this one out!!

Thank you......

merc
06-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Damm, I get an error while attempting to purchase a raffle ticket see below message.

Event Registration Online
MARAUDERVILLE 5 POWER ADDER RAFFLE

This event has ended!

Organize your next event with Eventbrite
Order Now

MM03MOK
06-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Damm, I get an error while attempting to purchase a raffle ticket see below message.

Event Registration Online
MARAUDERVILLE 5 POWER ADDER RAFFLE

This event has ended!

Organize your next event with Eventbrite
Order Now
Thanks, Mark. All set.

merc
06-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Thanks, Mark. All set.

I got my ticket, who is next. :banana2:

MM03MOK
06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
:bump: The CAM MV5 Planning Team continues to work hard to execute a very successfull Marauderville 5. You can support their efforts while taking a chance on winning a great prize for yourself! MV5 is only 5 weeks away!! Hope to see you there! As soon as the tickets sell out, the drawings will be held!!

bradical
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
now let's get it sold out fast so I can get my new Vortech installed!

I'd be just as happy with that AVIC-D3- it is an awesome head unit.

MM03MOK
07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Who's next? Step right up!!

1stMerc
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Just bought another ticket.

I LOVE THE SOUND OF WHISTLES IN THE MORNING.

Next, please

kartherma
07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
OK, you got me in...I already have one F.I.T. on one marauder....another for the other?

P.S. how many tickets left to go?

MM03MOK
07-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Thank you! We're 40% of the way there!!

Pat
07-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Thank you! We're 40% of the way there!!

That's Mary's way of having you review your elementary school math.

Did you pass?

My electronic calculator keeps giving me an error code.

TooManyFords
07-10-2007, 08:42 AM
There are 55 days left to buy tickets, assuming a 4 Aug drawing date for the raffle. There are 83 tickets left to sell, that means 1.5 tickets must be sold per day to meet the projected date.

So far, as of 31 May only 42 tickets have been sold, that's .9 per day.

What does all this mean? It will be 12 Nov before the drawing if tickets sell at the present rate.

Now it is 25 days to August 4th. with 75 tickets left, and an average of 6 tickets per month being purchased. At this rate it will sell out on Sept 4th of 2008...

What happens if all the tickets are not sold by August 4th? Do the odds go up for those that DO purchase? Have you got enough sold to even cover a S/C kit?

John

Haggis
07-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Now it is 25 days to August 4th. with 75 tickets left, and an average of 6 tickets per month being purchased. At this rate it will sell out on Sept 4th of 2008...

What happens if all the tickets are not sold by August 4th? Do the odds go up for those that DO purchase? Have you got enough sold to even cover a S/C kit?

John

....'W'....

TooManyFords
07-10-2007, 10:26 AM
....'W'....

W? W what?

:confused:

Blackened300a
07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I think I just bought a banner for $300. :(
Everyone who wanted in for this raffle already bought tickets.
Any chance of making ammends with Jerry Barnes and have a Trilogy added to the raffle?

MERCMAN
07-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I think I just bought a banner for $300. :(
Everyone who wanted in for this raffle already bought tickets.
Any chance of making ammends with Jerry Barnes and have a Trilogy added to the raffle?

Nope, you have 3 chances of winning 3 prizes. Have TMF use his cyphering skills to figure out your odds of winning. Then compare your chances to his.
I like your odds better:D

TooManyFords
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Nope, you have 3 chances of winning 3 prizes. Have TMF use his cyphering skills to figure out your odds of winning. Then compare your chances to his.
I like your odds better:D

Since you asked...

1. We cannot correctly calculate the odds of winning a prize today because we do not know the cutoff date, i.e. are we drawing for all three prizes on 8/4/07 regardless or when all tickets are sold.

2. Assuming that my math was correct and that 5 more tickets will be purchased before 8/4/07, that makes a total of 80 tickets.

3. With 80 tickets, each ticket has a 1:80 chance of winning a prize. Acquiring 3 tickets changes your odds to 3:80 or 1:26.6 chance of winning. However, that also means that the odds are 77:1 of losing. Odds are expressed in chances to lose. IE: if there are 4 tickets and you hold 1 ticket, you have a 25% chance of winning, but the odds are 3:1 of losing.

And as Dan eluded to above, your chances of winning with 3 tickets is still better than my 0 tickets, but my odds of losing $300 is 0 and yours is very, very high.

Math, what can you do...

John

knine
07-10-2007, 02:16 PM
................... but my odds of losing $300 is 0 and yours is very, very high.

Math, what can you do...

John

My odds of supporting MV 5 with my 3 tickets are 300 % then? ;)

MarauderTJA
07-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Just bought my power adder ticket as well. If I win, my daughter will put a blower on her Mach 1 Mustang. Unfortunately I will not be able to make MV V:mad2:. Will be in Birmingham, Alabama until Aug 3rd for the government. Couldn't make the trip in time.

Now I need to get some tickets for the raffle.

Haggis
07-11-2007, 04:11 AM
W? W what?

'W' = 'Whatever'

Haggis
07-11-2007, 04:14 AM
...but my odds of losing $300 is 0 and yours is very, very high.

Math, what can you do...

John

What is a measly $300 to a man who has millions?

DefyantExWife
07-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Why not keep this thread topic about the raffle and not petty bs/p!$$!ng contest.

TooManyFords
07-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Why not keep this thread topic about the raffle and not petty bs/p!$$!ng contest.
I am trying ascertain whether or not I should invest in the raffle. I asked pertinent questions to which nobody has answered yet.

If I had invested money already, I would want these answers.

To Recap:

1. When is the drawing going to take place?
2. Will it take place if all tickets are not sold?
3. If not, will we get a refund? (new question)

And Haggis, I am not rich.

As Marty is so fond of telling me, "If I had your money, I'd *burn* mine..."

John

DefyantExWife
07-11-2007, 07:15 AM
John, I know what you were doing. I wasnt yelling at you. :D

I'm the same way, very mindful of spending.

Haggis
07-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I am trying ascertain whether or not I should invest in the raffle. I asked pertinent questions to which nobody has answered yet.

If I had invested money already, I would want these answers.

To Recap:

And Haggis, I am not rich.

As Marty is so fond of telling me, "If I had your money, I'd *burn* mine..."

John

John, I know what you were doing. I wasnt yelling at you.

John, is here to cause trouble that is all.

And Lisa, nevermind.

DefyantExWife
07-11-2007, 07:46 AM
is he? I really didnt know.

I just see whats on the surface, not the roots. My bad.

KillJoy
07-11-2007, 08:03 AM
It is a Raffle. Expect to NOT win anything. Assume you are donating to MV-V.

If you win a prize... all the better!

KillJoy

TooManyFords
07-11-2007, 09:40 AM
John, is here to cause trouble that is all.

Is that what everyone thinks, or just you?

I see no malice in my questions or approach. What I do see is a lack of meaningful responses to 3 simple questions and a lot of wisecrack comments to them.

I did the math on the tickets. I've PM'd Mary suggestions on how to make it a success. What, you owners don't communicate or something?

I was once taught that if I had a complaint that when I came to the table to discuss it that I should also bring a solution. Let's see your solution.

John

Pat
07-11-2007, 10:18 AM
To Recap:
John

John;
Post #1 states that the raffle will close when all tickets are sold.
I take that to mean there is no time limit.

As regards your 2nd and 3rd question I would imagine that decision has not been made or prolly even considered until well after MV-V.

Sign me;

Wondering what DR is doing to his car to beat me at MV-V. He's entirely too quite.

Aztec Gold?

Pat

TooManyFords
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
John;
Post #1 states that the raffle will close when all tickets are sold.
I take that to mean there is no time limit.

Aztec Gold?

I would like confirmation from the owners on this since only they can hold the raffle.

And I'm not sure that eventbrite takes aztek gold as a form of payment..

Cheers!

john

MarauderTJA
07-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I would like confirmation from the owners on this since only they can hold the raffle.

And I'm not sure that eventbrite takes aztek gold as a form of payment..

Cheers!

john

Off Topic - But are you taking your bad boy down to SSHS7 this year?

Blackened300a
07-11-2007, 11:51 AM
It is a Raffle. Expect to NOT win anything. Assume you are donating to MV-V.

If you win a prize... all the better!

KillJoy

What about the people who had no plans to go to MV-V, but want a power adder? Do you think its fair if we never sell out all the tickets for someone to be donating to a event they won't be attending?

KillJoy
07-11-2007, 01:55 PM
What about the people who had no plans to go to MV-V, but want a power adder? Do you think its fair if we never sell out all the tickets for someone to be donating to a event they won't be attending?

I say that, because it is a RAFFLE!!! When you buy a raffle ticket....for WHATEVER...do you ASSUME you are going to win???

I don't. I hope I win, and just chalk it up to charity.

I have NEVER won a Raffle I have purchased tickets for. As for THIS Raffle, buy a Ticket to support MV-V, and hope that Ticket wins you boost.

KillJoy

Pops
07-11-2007, 02:16 PM
As someone who has spent a lot of effort to help get nice prizes for the raffles I dont understand what all the complaining is about. It cost the vendors time and money to donate to the raffles. If you want a ticket buy it and take a chance. If you dont want then do not complain as the cost to us is much greater:( than the price of a ticket!

Blackened300a
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Obviously you should never assume that you are going to win a raffle, I have only won one raffle in my life and that was for a wine basket during a block party so me sitting here banking on that one of my three tickets will be pulled would be insanity, but I bought the tickets so I at least have a slight chance of winning.

The way its looking at this point is that the tickets will never sell out and this is just a fund raiser for MV-V, Now I dont have a problem with my money going towards that since I will be attending, Im just feeling bad for the people who purchased tickets for a chance of winning a S/C and they ended up supporting a event that some will not attend.
Thats my point.

Is there a plan B should this raffle never sell out?

KillJoy
07-11-2007, 02:50 PM
IMO - If enough Tickets are sold to cover the Prizes, the Rafle should be held, and all remaining funds spent for the Event.

It makes sense to me at least.

KillJoy

MM03MOK
07-11-2007, 08:15 PM
UPDATE:

50 tickets sold, 75 to go.

The Power Adder Raffle will end at the Farewell Breakfast on Sunday, August 5.

$100 per ticket

MyTMerc
07-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Mary,
I'd call that a POWER BREAKFAST! Supercharged Pancakes:banana2:

UPDATE:

$100 per ticket

J-MAN
07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I've been out of town for a few weeks and am suprised at the complaints/excuses for not buying a ticket. I bought three with a chance at some GREAT prizes plus I got a cool banner. I won't be attending the event and feel that this site and the vendors are worth supporting with my ticket purchase. I have gotten far more than $300.00 worth of advice and knowledge from this site and the vendors during my short term as a member.

P.S.- I have already made arraingements with the local funeral home to have the banner laminated on my casket when my time comes. Sorry kids, I'm takin it with me! :D

MM03MOK
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
P.S.- I have already made arraingements with the local funeral home to have the banner laminated on my casket when my time comes. Sorry kids, I'm takin it with me! :D
Priceless!!!

Thank you for your support!

John Nero
07-18-2007, 04:15 PM
UPDATE:

$100 per ticket

i think this is some pretty good odds of winning with only 50 tickets sold

come on people support MMV

FastMerc
07-18-2007, 06:24 PM
I Got Mine Win Or Lose Its All Fun!!!

arejayesss
07-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I just ordered my banner!!!! I Won't be able to make it to MV5 but hope that everyone has a great time(I know they will) And hey, maybe I can add some power to my MM!! Either way, I enjoy this FREE website with FREE advice and FREE arcade games. Glad I can Contribute.
rjs

MM03MOK
07-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Thank you, Ryan.

56 tickets sold, 69 to go.

The Power Adder Raffle will end and the drawing will take place at the Farewell Breakfast on Sunday, August 5.

$100 per ticket

finster101
07-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Any body know what the count is now?

MM03MOK
07-28-2007, 06:57 PM
58 tickets sold, 67 to go.The Power Adder Raffle will end and the drawing will take place at the Farewell Breakfast on Sunday, August 5.

$100 per ticket

CanadaMarauder
07-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Just bought 4 more! Banner me :)

MM03MOK
07-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Thank you, CanadaMarauder!!! Your MM.Net banner will be on its way after MV5!!

94_302
08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
When is the last day to buy tickets for this raffle and how many are left?

MM03MOK
08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
64 tickets left. We're almost at the 50% mark. To allow prep time for the tickets, we'll need to close this online portion of the raffle on Saturday.