PDA

View Full Version : My beautiful and quick MM is for sale!

TechHeavy
04-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi guys!

It is with a touch of sadness, but a complete sense of pride and joy to have owned this beautiful black beast for these years, that I must announce that my beloved Trilogy Supercharged Marauder is for sale.

The is NOTHING wrong with the car. The only reason I'm selling it is to have extra cash to help pay for the new custom-designed in-ground swimming pool I have been promising my young daughters. I just need the money... that's it. And for that reason, someone is going to get a very, very good deal. Look at the mods listed on my sig, and know, (as you probably all do... as all good MM.net members would) that the bluebook on an '03 in very good condition... (mine is in EXCELLENT) is between $19,000 and $20,000. I'm asking $25,000 for the car considering I have about $28,000 in it and is worth every penny of the asking amount.

Trilogy #58, (yeah, I'll send you the shirt).

All the other mods are listed for you to read. I had many pictures posted but am not sure what has happened to them during my absence. I'll try to get them re-posted in my gallery.

Guys, (and ladies) I ran 12.2 with this MM with stock gears and no nitros.

Supercharger professionally installed by Lidio at Alternative Auto Performance.

I need to complete this deal as soon as possible so if you think the asking price is too high.... hmmm.. make me an offer. I'm listening.

Feel free to respond to this post directly, or PM me.

Thanks guys!

TechHeavy
04-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Ok, I'll try to get rid of the second post.

RF Overlord
04-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Fixed.

TechHeavy
04-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks RF! :)

Rider90
04-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Dave,

It's good to hear from you - but I'm sorry to see it go. Don't be a stranger :beer:

Marauderjack
04-17-2007, 09:08 AM
YMCA membership and you get to keep the car!!!:rolleyes:

Unless you ice skate a lot the pool will only be used for a few months a year!!!:D ;)

Just pullin' your leg!!:beer:

Good luck with your sale...and the pool??:shake:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Zack
04-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Good luck with the sale.
And yet another reason I wont have kids.

TechHeavy
04-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks Rider90. I'd never be a stranger. You guys are some of the best I've ever met.

MarauderJack, I have considered, (lol... you cracked me up) what you said but my girls could really benefit, (and me too!) from a pool at home. They spent almost all their time at a pool last summer... it's all they wanted to do. But without getting into a child pshcycology debate, I'd need to say that I truly believe the pool will have a positive influence, (especially physically) on them as they grow. The Marauder SC/Badass, (while undisputedly cool) will not, and I am willing to sacrifice my baby, (badass) for the betterment, (is that a word?) of my children.

Ok, this is all beside the point. I have a car for sale. It is a badass car, (as you all know as you own one).
Make me an offer. Or tell a friend who is looking for one. He/she and I would appreciate it. :)

Local Boy
04-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Good luck on the sale my friend. You are an exceptional Father, by understanding that sacrifices need to be made for the benifit of our children. Those girls are very blessed to have you. Family First!

Hotrauder
04-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Good luck with your sale, Dave. I will pass the word. People without kids won't understand, those who don't want them are destined to miss the best of life. That said, a pool is a giant pain in the azz. I sure hope they love and use it a lot. Dennis:2thumbs:

magindat
04-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks Rider90. I'd never be a stranger. You guys are some of the best I've ever met.

MarauderJack, I have considered, (lol... you cracked me up) what you said but my girls could really benefit, (and me too!) from a pool at home. They spent almost all their time at a pool last summer... it's all they wanted to do. But without getting into a child pshcycology debate, I'd need to say that I truly believe the pool will have a positive influence, (especially physically) on them as they grow. The Marauder SC/Badass, (while undisputedly cool) will not, and I am willing to sacrifice my baby, (badass) for the betterment, (is that a word?) of my children.

Ok, this is all beside the point. I have a car for sale. It is a badass car, (as you all know as you own one).
Make me an offer. Or tell a friend who is looking for one. He/she and I would appreciate it. :)

I know where you're coming from, but ask any SSM member. My daughter is involved with the car and always has been with my cars. The hobby has benefitted her all the way from our F/D relations, to mechanical understanding, to driving skills (yes, even though she's only 13), to responsibility, to social interaction with all walks.

I post this not to argue the point. Every Father must do what he feels is best. I'm just saying there's more than one way to GET TO what's best. Can't make anyone else happy if you can't make yourself happy.

Good luck selling your car and all the best to your family and children.

Rich

DEFYANT
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Good luck with your sale, Dave. I will pass the word. People without kids won't understand, those who don't want them are destined to miss the best of life. That said, a pool is a giant pain in the azz. I sure hope they love and use it a lot. Dennis:2thumbs:

+1

What Dennis said!

Marauderjack
04-17-2007, 01:59 PM

I know you are doing the right thing...I'm just pulling your chain a little!!!:D

I grew up with pools back when we couldn't afford a filtering system.....drain....wash down.....refill every week or more often depending on temps!!:eek: Then I became a life guard/maintenance guy at a park!!:argue:

Sooooo...........I had my fill of pool maintenance over the years and as a result try to discourage ownership of "Cement Ponds" to the unknowing!!:shake:

Good Luck selling your beast!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

knine
04-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Good luck with the sale.
:agree: . No Kids here (except me):banana: . All my toys are MINE ! My retirement is MINE ! All my ...., well, you get the picture.

Hey Dave, any chance they would rather be gearheads instead of wanting a pool? That would be a great benefit on all. They get to know cars, not get taken advantage of at repair shops and you would get to sleep when they break-down, fix the car, upgrade the motor, possibly add a supercharger or turbo to whatever they are driving, then drive home all in the same 30 minutes;)

Vortech347
04-18-2007, 01:15 AM
If that choice came up my kids would get an inflate-able pool....

Good luck on the sale, sounds like a hell of a runner.

JMan
04-18-2007, 03:58 AM

+2 What Dennis said.

Best luck in your endeavors,

J

bryanthomas
04-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Good luck with the sale.

I'm with Zack on this one. Those of us that are happily unmarried without children must stick together! :D

As far as the car and the sale go, it's a great price for a fine automobile! :burnout:

TechHeavy
04-18-2007, 04:30 AM
Ok, thanks for all the input guys. I just wanted to offer the car to my extended family here before it goes public.
I should be, (if I have time) listing the car on Autotrader.com today and I expect it to go pretty fast, (fingers crossed).

I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks again.

wchain
04-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Keep the car! Nice to see you!

TechHeavy
04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks WChain!

Ok guys, I just put a downpayment on the desired home improvement project, (I'd rather not bring up what the project is again as it gets MM owners testy... at least for reasons of abandonment). Now I need to sell my beauty as soon as possible to avoid repeated construction loan interest costs. Hmmm.. I know, you may be thinking that since I already got the construction loan, I don't really need to sell my car, (and you'd be right!) but I do want to sell it and pay this loan off.

So, (if you've managed to stay with me during this tirade) what this means to the right person who is looking for their (possibly first) supercharged MM, a really great deal may be in store for you.

Forget the $25,000. Forget $20,000, (gees now I sound like an infomercial).

Make me an offer. Even if it's an offer you think I won't take, (and all you evil Price Is Right $1 bidders can stay at home) make the offer. It's a beautiful car, and most of the major mods are already done. You'd be surprised what I may be willing to take at this point. Call me, (616-308-9883) email me, (daveandpam1@comcast.net) respond to this post, or PM me.
This is a good chance for a Marauder "wannabe", (for lack of a better word) to not only become one, but be one in the top 16 on the board.

I haven't listed in the classified here because you all can see what I have in my sig.
PM me if you'd like pics. I'm taking bids under $20,000. now.

Go, go, go.... contact me please. :)

Thanks

duhtroll
04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey Dave -

How many miles on this car? How many miles since the SC addition?

I know someone who might be interested. ;)

Thanks
Andrew

Haggis
04-19-2007, 11:15 AM
You could have bought one of those inflatable pools and saved yoursefl a lot of money and kept the car too. J/K

I'll trade you my 1986 GN for it.

TechHeavy
04-19-2007, 11:23 AM
36,027 miles total. 11,000 approx. with supercharger.

Only raced at the track 4 times. This car has not been ridden hard and left wet.

BigMerc
04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Good luck with the sale.

That and that whole probation condition thing:D

TechHeavy
04-20-2007, 10:36 AM
People are emailing me from across the nation with questions about my car. I'd rather sell it to someone in my local area, (or even tri-state area) but the bids are coming in.... finally! Email me! PM me! Time is really running out.

Come on! It's time! Bid if you want this beauty!

My number is: 616-308-9883
email: daveandpam1@comcast.net

TechHeavy
04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Well, now I'm down to 18,000 guys. This car has never been driven in the winter, and only in the rain once, (caught in a sudden thunderstorm).

This car still has years left on an extended warranty through Millenium.

Here is the autotrader link: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=221355980&dealer_id=60030449&search_type=both&distance=25&address=49418&style_flag=1&make=MERC&model=MARAUDER&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2008&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&keywordsfyc=

Call, email, or PM me if interested.

Dave Peyregne
616-308-9883
daveandpam1@comcast.net

Red Ryder
04-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Another email sent. Your making it difficult for me to say no. How many other guys are running 13 lbs of boost on a stock block ? I read that 13.5 blew up the engine on one of J.Barnes' car. I wonder how much abuse that car had taken.

Aren Jay
04-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Your price is excellent, too bad I'm broke.

TechHeavy
04-24-2007, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I know, it's a crazy low price. I'm practically giving it away, (it's almost bluebook... not even counting all the mods). But that's about as low as I can go to pay for my construction.

Raudermaster
04-24-2007, 06:10 AM
You know, why do all you guys start selling your S/C'd MM's once I buy mine??? :(

Peter
04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Very nice car, sorry to see it go...
Best of luck...

duhtroll
04-24-2007, 01:26 PM
The guy I told about this also nearly bought it, but made an offer on another one for sale closer to home today.

If I had the money I would buy this in a heartbeat. Good luck. Sorry I wasn't able to make it work.

I even told the guy (who didn't really want a heavily modded car) that I would pay him $1K of the price, and do the work taking the blower off (and putting it in mine!) but he opted for another anyway.

Missed it by 'that much.' :depress:

TechHeavy
04-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks guys! I know, it makes me sad to think I won't "really" be a part of this community anymore... (it feels like I'm about to get castrated or something) :eek:

But, it is an almost too good to be true deal for someone.

Listen, if anyone out there reading this is interested but is concerned about the frame, I'll pay for a frame inspection here locally, (you pick the place it won't matter) because I know it's right. I had it done at the best place in GR and they have guaranteed me that it is perfect.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this car, (other than some very minor and very small nicks and spots on the paint that you would expect on a 4-year old paint job).

Having said all that, (whew!) here's the ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320107844098

I expect the car to sell very soon at this price. I'd LOVE to see my baby go to someone here that I know will love this beauty as I did. If you had any doubts, then call me and we can talk. 616-308-9883.

Krytin
04-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Damn! Why didn't this happen BEFORE I bought that '04 CV LX Sport for my Daughter! I could have given her my car and bought yours!

TechHeavy
04-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Damn! Why didn't this happen BEFORE I bought that '04 CV LX Sport for my Daughter! I could have given her my car and bought yours!

Hi Krytin! lol! Man, I know you would love this car. There may still be time if you can figure a way to wheel and deal. I've had lots of contacts from all over the country, (it's actually pretty amazing... California? I'm in Michigan) but no-one has actually stepped forward with the "Mulaaaah"! :)

This is a really sweet deal that is "oh so ripe for the picking" for someone.

Raudermaster
04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Did you already sell it? It says bidding has ended for this item.

TechHeavy
04-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Unless the buyer is not satisfied, (a condition we agreed upon) this car is SOLD! :beer:

Stay tuned for an update soon.

Raudermaster
04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Congrats on the sale! I wish I didn't have an MM already, otherwise I'd buy it.

RCSignals
04-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Unless the buyer is not satisfied, (a condition we agreed upon) this car is SOLD! :beer:

Stay tuned for an update soon.

Congratulations. I hope it goes through for you.

I fully understand your reasoning in selling, just sorry you have to give it up.

Red Ryder
05-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Sold !! I picked up the car yesterday.

TechHeavy
05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Yes you did Red Ryder! And thanks! I'm happy to have met such a nice young man whom I know will be a valuable member to this community...... (he works at FORD assembly plant... (whatever) and knows his stuff... more than me apparently!) :0

I'm very glad to have met Red Ryder and am sad that it was under such circumstances. In our brief meeting I immediately learned that he is knowledgeable about FORD manufacturing and kind of just let him "do his thing" when inspecting my Marauder. I knew the car was good so I wasn't worried, (but the seeming 300-point inspection was stressful).

Congratulations Red Ryder! I almost shed a tear when you drove away, (but the thought of my daughters enjoying their very own in-ground pool swayed that).

So, here's my endorsement to Red Ryder, that he's a good guy, is for real, and has a place here in the MM.net forums.

After all, he arrived at my home, (to inspect my MM) in a 2008 Mustang (special edition) which hasn't even been released yet! :eek:

Good luck to you Red Ryder! I KNOW you have a great car with most of the work already done for you! :)

Take care.

GreekGod
05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey, Dave

I was at Pfeiffer L-M and heard "someone" was selling a S/C MM. Didn't realize it was you until tonight.

Sorry to see you sell, but good to know you found an excellent buyer.

I know you will say "I wish I still had that Marauder". Something tells me you will someday own another one.

The pool is a good idea for you and the girls. There will be many pool parties in the future. See you on the 28th street cruise?

Dale

jgc61sr2002
05-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Sold !! I picked up the car yesterday.

Congrats.:D