PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, from an Impala brother.

SSMOKEM
07-10-2002, 02:57 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just checking in :)

As a fan of BIG sporty 4-doors, I thought I would drop in and see what's cookin. Thankfully Ford has picked up where GM dropped the ball. :rolleyes:

Right now, only 2 forums cater to my needs, the Impala Forum and now the Marauder Forum. To anyone in the Central Florida area, maybe we can get together soon.

Have fun, guys......and I'll be checking in every once in a while.

Logan
07-10-2002, 03:04 PM
Welcome george! I'm a big fan of the SS's too! Stay tuned! I can't wait until folks starts bringing these 4200lb bad boys down into the 12's and 13's... :)

If I can get my 4700lb Lightning there, then so can a marauder! :)

Bill96DGGM
07-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Hello from the Midwest... Any of you Marauder folks here in the KCMO area? BTW, the car looks awesome in black :cool:

b4z
07-10-2002, 04:11 PM
SSMOKEM,

Which Impala forum do you usually post in?

NOTSLO_LT4
07-10-2002, 08:31 PM
hi guys i am another impala guy checking out the marauders. ive been an impala owner for almost 5 years and am seriously looking at a marauder for daily driver once more mods are available.

another thing how do i modify my profile i cant seem to find it anywhere. i want to add my sig pic. ThankSS

nick
"NOTSLO"

Logan
07-11-2002, 06:36 AM
Sorry about that. It's kinda hidden. I'll put a more obvious link up at the top of the page.

In the mean time, go HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?s=&action=editprofile)

SSMOKEM
07-11-2002, 07:45 AM
hey B4Z,

My home forum is :

www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

tetsu
07-11-2002, 09:20 AM
I've loved the SS but never owned one. My Impala was an 82 and I loved it. I'm glad to see Impala people cruising around here. We'll probably see Marauders in alot of your sigs soon. :)

Logan, I'm pleasantly suprised that things are heating up real nice here. Hopefully even more of the barge gurus will stop by and this will become "the" place for Marauderphiles.

Johnny
2003 Mercury Marauder - Stock
Future: Dennis Chip, MMC Driveshaft, 4.10 gears

Logan
07-11-2002, 11:04 AM
I'm kind of surprised myself, seeing as how I really haven't made much effort to get the site listed anywhere...But, that's a good thing. :)

SSMOKEM
07-11-2002, 11:31 AM
We've discussed the Marauder at length on the Impala forum, seeing as it's probably to closest thing we have from another manufacturer.

Some guys like it, some guys don't, and of course, then there is the typical "I hate Ford" guys :)

Personally, here is my take on the Marauder. My biggest dislike is the height from the hood to the roofline, it's just too tall. I can't say much about the motor, since I'm not too familiar with it, but it probably needs more torque. But then, I believe ALL cars need more torque, including mine :D

Chevy should have put the 502 in the Impala, and Ford should have added a supercharger right off the bat to the 281 in the Marauder. I really like the aluminum pieces in the suspension and from what I understand the steering is tight.

My fondest hope is that the Marauder guys will actually be car nuts, as opposed to most guys on CVN and CVO that are happy running 16s. It would be great fun to have a group of Impala and Marauder land barges terrorizing the streets together.........

b4z
07-11-2002, 12:26 PM
I think it already is the site for marauderphiles and it appears to be taking off quickly. Once people start modifying them this will be THE place.

SSmokem,
My biggest dislike is the actual legroom in the car. Both the front and rear seats have less legroom than my FWD Impala with its 110.5" wheelbase.
If I were to buy a Marauder I would be giving up legroom for my extremely tall family.
Plus I would lose the Impala's 30 mpg @ 80 mph fuel economy.

I kind of like the uprightness and greenhouse of the Marauder.
There is something about a modified sedan that is really cool.

My mom has owned both a'77 Impala wagon and a '82 Impala sedan and my father owns a '88 Caprice. All of these cars would be cool lowered and with big tires.

I think this is why the Mustang with its upright body is more popular than the Camaro.
A full on Saleen with the 18" wheels and the smaller rear decklid spoiler is something to see. More visually interesting thean the 4th gen Camaro with its round bulbous shape.

By the way, I have owned 5 camaros and no Mustangs so I am not Camaro bashing here.

Fourth Horseman
07-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Just wanted to say it's cool to see posts for the Chev folks here. I think most of us who own Marauders are Impala SS fans, as well.

There's just something about a big car with some balls, ya know? :D

Ray Snyder
07-15-2002, 08:10 AM
Get the best of both worlds, have both. I could not bring myself to sell my '95 SS. So now it sits in the garage next to my new MM03. I blacked out the windows last week ( Texas Legal). It looks great. Now if it only had the off the line speed of the Impala. But I'm sure I will find some bolt on goodies soon. Even though its not as fast off the line it drives alot better, stearing is tight and the suspension is much better. Even though the transmission seams to hunt for gears. I agree that it would look better if it sat a little lower. Maybe changing those rear tyres will help. I have a Hypertech for the Impala which made that an easy job, I wonder if they will have somthing similar for the Marauder.

Ray