PDA

View Full Version : '68 Mustang

Wags
04-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Ok you Mustang guys, let me know if anyone is interested in this one. My grandfather bought this new for $2200 on June 8, 1968. He passed away in 1969, but my aunt kept it, and has been driving it since then. It has 86500 miles on it. She transfered the title to her name in 1978, and it ad 55K on it then. It is COMPLETELY original. She just turned 85, and no longer can drive. She knows that I am a car guy, so she wanted me to have it. I have the original paperwork with my grandfathers info in it. It still has the original spare (old bias-ply) in the trunk. It has no rust! I last saw it back in '79 when I was there for a visit, and it is in about the same condition. It is solid, but there are many little nicks in the paint. It hasn't been washed or waxed for probably 15 or 20 yrs. It is a man. 3 spd. on the floor, no power anything, 200ci straight 6. My aunt thinks the clutch was replaced "sometime in the eighties". It is perfect for someone who is looking for a 1 owner, good running, original car. I'll post more pics if anyone is interested.

Wags

RCSignals
04-18-2007, 12:53 PM
neat car.

what part of the country did it spend it's life in?

any idea what you will be asking for it?

Wags
04-18-2007, 01:11 PM
It was in Louisiana. He bought it up here in Illinois in '68, but moved back down there that fall, and it has been there all it's life. It's a pretty neat car. It's amazing that it is all original (except for the radio, it had none when he bought it, and my aunt had one put in "sometime in the '70s", but as she puts it, "no sound comes out of it anymore") I have no clue what Mustangs like this are going for. I have never had old Fords, only Chevy's. My Marauder was the 1st Ford that I have owned. Some of my buddies who are Ford guys are looking into it. They said that just the fact that it is all original, never molested, and a one owner car is pretty rare.

fairlane347
04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
How much is the car?

Dragcity
04-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I'll be by to pick it up this weekend. My Son will be driving soon and the straight six it right up his alley....

Nice to see one un-messed with.