PDA

View Full Version : 64' Marauder Technical info needed

Retro Rides
04-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Hello all,

I'm a scale model builder, recently I purchased a couple of 1/25 scale 1964 Mercury Marauder kits (both 2 door hard top Park Lane).

I want to modify the 2 door body to the 4 door hard top version (and also a 4 door version with the Breezeway rear window).

What I need are the basic dimensions, wheelbase, etc between the 2 door & 4 door body styles so I can calculate (in scale) what modifications I will need to make to the bodies. Is there anyone (or a web site) that would have this info???? I haven't had much luck locating this info.

Thanks,
Retro Rides

Peter
04-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Hello all,

I'm a scale model builder, recently I purchased a couple of 1/25 scale 1964 Mercury Marauder kits (both 2 door hard top Park Lane).

I want to modify the 2 door body to the 4 door hard top version (and also a 4 door version with the Breezeway rear window).

What I need are the basic dimensions, wheelbase, etc between the 2 door & 4 door body styles so I can calculate (in scale) what modifications I will need to make to the bodies. Is there anyone (or a web site) that would have this info???? I haven't had much luck locating this info.

Thanks,
Retro Rides
Try: Mercurystuff.com...

Retro Rides
04-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks Peter,

That site had exactly what I was looking for....
It appears that all models (except for the wagon) has the same overall body length and wheelbase....

Retro Rides

crouse
04-23-2007, 10:11 AM
How about building an 03/04 Marauder. As far as we call tell, no one makes one. I'm sure you could sell a bunch on this site.

Mike
04-23-2007, 12:03 PM
How about building an 03/04 Marauder. As far as we call tell, no one makes one. I'm sure you could sell a bunch on this site.

^^^What he said^^^ :banana2:

MENINBLK
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Hello all,

Thanks,
Retro Rides

www.mercurymarauder.org

stanchfi
04-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I actually have an unbuilt, 1964 2-door breezeway promo model, if you want I can take some pics of the breezeway roof and/or the body.

-James