PDA

View Full Version : Classified Forums now open!

MM03MOK
04-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Classified Forums are now open for business. While you will not be able to close the thread once your item is sold or found, please make a final post and we'll close or delete the thread. To keep it nice and neat, it will require an active moderator. You will not get an automatic reminder to renew/update your thread.

No excessive bumping, PLEASE!!

The existing Classifieds Section will be deleted shortly.

:bunny:

Zack
04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Wow, can I take the credit?
Nah, Im sure you've had it in the works for a while! :up:

KillJoy
04-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Wow, can I take the credit?
Nah, Im sure you've had it in the works for a while! :up:

I don't care. I already posted there :D

KillJoy

94_302
04-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Thank you, this is great!

Drewstang
04-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Sweet. The other Classifieds sucked.

Master
04-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't get it. What was wrong with the other classifieds? It kept chit chat to a minimum, and you could see what was for sale in a single glance. Why do we need to talk about someone's wheels or the fuzzy dice they have for sale? Edumacate me, please?

MM03MOK
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't get it. What was wrong with the other classifieds? It kept chit chat to a minimum, and you could see what was for sale in a single glance. Why do we need to talk about someone's wheels or the fuzzy dice they have for sale? Edumacate me, please?
^^^ My feelings exactly. It has many nice features including an email reminder of expiration and an easy way to see what was added in the last day, week, etc.

My take on it is that it took a little effort to see what was available. In Forum format, the threads show up as any thread would, in New or Today's Posts. Many items for sale don't need (and should not have) an ongoing dialog and won't show up in New Posts but once. We'll see.

Peter
04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
How about adding "eBay finds" in the marketplace?

crownvic
05-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Really miss the old classified Format !!

STLR FN
05-26-2007, 07:13 AM
^^^ My feelings exactly. It has many nice features including an email reminder of expiration and an easy way to see what was added in the last day, week, etc.

My take on it is that it took a little effort to see what was available. In Forum format, the threads show up as any thread would, in New or Today's Posts. Many items for sale don't need (and should not have) an ongoing dialog and won't show up in New Posts but once. We'll see.Mary to keep chit chat non existance, why not add a "e-mail member" button where the "post reply" resides?

MM03MOK
05-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Nice idea, DJ, but now that it's a forum, I don't think you can customize a button just for one forum. Trying to keep it simple can be complicated sometimes. Thanks.

STLR FN
05-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Nice idea, DJ, but now that it's a forum, I don't think you can customize a button just for one forum. Trying to keep it simple can be complicated sometimes. Thanks.
Actually yes you can Mary.

Click on the links. It's from a forum I'm a member of.
http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.co m/ew/forums.asp

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.co m/ew/topic.asp?id=502658&s=fs_4654_ati_procharger_9703

MM03MOK
05-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Ah, I see what you're talking about. That's a different forum software. I can ask our IT Guru. I'm not sure if it defeats the purpose that those proponents of the forum format wanted to get back...bumping threads to bring back to "New Posts", though. It would keep things on track. Thanks again!

KillJoy
05-26-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure if it defeats the purpose that those proponents of the forum format wanted to get back...bumping threads to bring back to "New Posts"

Bumping a Classified listing is nice...expecially is you lower the price for update the listing. Also, you can ask question in the thread, or PM directly from the Ad.

Not to mention, you see everything that has been listed in New Posts or Today's Posts.

:up:

KillJoy