PDA

View Full Version : bought a marauder

hot-rauder
04-26-2007, 06:27 AM
just got it friday and after a long time of wanting one i have it. i remeber the day they came out i wanted one and now its for real... i got lucky though. my car was a funeral precession car, so it has strobes and limo tint all they way around. however the man that had it before me hooked it upo with an autostart and dynomat al the way around and then he had sirius radio installed and the taillights have the slotted covers. its a 300a and i love it.

MM03MOK
04-26-2007, 06:32 AM
:welcome: hot-rauder! Glad to see another Marauder in the Bay State! What part? Please share some pictures. Don't think we've known any that were owned by a funeral home.

RoyLPita
04-26-2007, 06:44 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

larryo340
04-26-2007, 07:18 AM
we must see pictures:)

Raudermaster
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Awesome! You're a year younger than me, and located in the same state. Pics and tell us where you're located in MA.

pantheroc
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Welcome aboard!! See you at MV-V!?!?!

rayjay
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Was the car originally from MA? There was MM owned by a funeral home in Syracuse, NY that was setup similiar to what you are describing.

fastblackmerc
04-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the site....

Peter
04-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Welcome, enjoy the site you'll love it!

LordVader
04-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Welcome aboard and I know you will enjoy your new "ride". The grin will never go away.

jgc61sr2002
04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard.:D

RCSignals
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
nice find! Welcome to the board!

baltimoremm
04-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Glad to see more and more young people picking these up! Welcome

Cobra25
04-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Congrats on your Purchase of your Marauder and Welcome to the site.

Bluerauder
04-27-2007, 04:15 AM
just got it friday and after a long time of wanting one i have it.
Welcome to the MM.Net and congrats on your MM.

:welcome1:

Since it was used by a funeral home, I suspect that it already has the Dead Pedal mod. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

knine
04-27-2007, 04:55 AM
Glad to see more and more young people picking these up! Welcome

Thanks. Glad to see 40's still young. I've been here for .....oh, you mean hot-rauder. Oh hell.

Welcome Hot-rauder. Enjoy. :burnout:

hot-rauder
04-29-2007, 09:37 AM
im in leominster, ma. it was owned by St. James Funeral home of St. James, NY. I found the old insurance information when i bought it and looked the old owner up on google,(the powers of the web :) ). thank you guys for welcoming me, and the "grin" still has not left my face.

** things i have changed in the one week of owning it are uninstalling the "dixie" air horn, painted front emblem black( last owner had painted backing red, and was poorly painted) and bought black decals for poorly painted red 'MARAUDER' out back.

larryo340
04-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Wow, you mean that nice Marauder was only a town away from me:( . It would have been temping to buy. My problem is I kinda like not having a car payment.:)

Hotrauder
04-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Welcome hot-rauder, Take that funeral car out and blow the carbon out of it. Welcome, be sure to honor your user name. :D Enjoy the combine. Dennis

Shora
04-29-2007, 05:37 PM
It would have been temping to buy. My problem is I kinda like not having a car payment.:)

Can't have the cake and eat it too.

MM03MOK
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
im in leominster, ma. Larry Durham is out your way.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2835

Raudermaster
04-29-2007, 06:48 PM
That MM looks sweet. Man, for a funeral car, he sure had some good taste eh? S-55 treated tail lights, K&N CAI, what's the "Interceptor" badge for though?..

larryo340
04-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Can't have the cake and eat it too.
How true it is

knine
04-29-2007, 07:11 PM
That MM looks sweet. Man, for a funeral car, he sure had some good taste eh?"..........................." what's the "Interceptor" badge for though?"..

Life Interceptor.....it was a funeral car ;)

hot-rauder
04-30-2007, 05:38 AM
the interceptor badge is for the strobe lights installed in the turnsignals... at least thats what i was told.i dont think my older brother is on the forum, but he owns a 2003 300b. its so awesome to park both of us next to each other. he doesnt have the s-55 tailight treatment or spoiler. his is still 100% stock, although he is saving for 410 gears and a chip.italso has 30 series flowmasters, they just give a little more rumble, but nothing to get more cops to look.

Raudermaster
04-30-2007, 05:50 AM
40 series you mean? That's cool, we'll have to meet up sometime. Hehe, another reason I want to meet up is to see what type of material that is for the tail lights since I've wanted to do that to my lights for a while now.

Raudermaster
04-30-2007, 05:52 AM
BTW, if the car was in NY, did you drive up to get it or what?

hot-rauder
05-01-2007, 09:37 AM
BTW, if the car was in NY, did you drive up to get it or what?

i bought it at a dealership in lunenburg,ma. the guy had traded it in and this dealership had bought it at auction. PM me and we could maybe set somethin up. My tailights are just black acrylic, idk where to get them or how much they cost. like i said, all this was already done to it when i bought it.

Idk if they are 40 or 30 series mufflers. i have had 40s on my iroc, and it is not nearly as loud. maybe its from the resonators and cats, but its hardly louder than stock under normal driving conditions... when you get on it the fun starts. at idol, you cant hear the car even running.

Shora
05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
the interceptor badge is for the strobe lights installed in the turnsignals... at least thats what i was told.i dont think my older brother is on the forum, but he owns a 2003 300b. its so awesome to park both of us next to each other. he doesnt have the s-55 tailight treatment or spoiler. his is still 100% stock, although he is saving for 410 gears and a chip.italso has 30 series flowmasters, they just give a little more rumble, but nothing to get more cops to look.

My older brother also has a MM. Since he lives only a mile away people see our Marauder together all the time.

Raudermaster
05-01-2007, 08:24 PM
i bought it at a dealership in lunenburg,ma. the guy had traded it in and this dealership had bought it at auction. PM me and we could maybe set somethin up. My tailights are just black acrylic, idk where to get them or how much they cost. like i said, all this was already done to it when i bought it.

Idk if they are 40 or 30 series mufflers. i have had 40s on my iroc, and it is not nearly as loud. maybe its from the resonators and cats, but its hardly louder than stock under normal driving conditions... when you get on it the fun starts. at idol, you cant hear the car even running.

Sounds good to me. I'm booked solid though for the next two weekends. And, if you're interested, there is a dyno shop right up the street from me (I had no idea about it!) so if you wanted to come up here it'd be cool if we went up and ran 'em on the Dyno.

Raudermaster
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Get a set of res. delete tips and you will notice a difference. I was going to dump my Flow's for another set since they weren't really that loud, and I bought a set of delete's and what a difference.

ozziewynot
05-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hmmmmmm! We may be surprised to find that those undertakers have more life in them than is apparent outwardly . In my home town in the Berkshire area of Massachusetts a beauiful black Marauder has sat proudly in the drive of a local funeral home for the past several years . Last week-end I noticed another (I presumed ) at a competing mortuary a few miles away . I'm glad I chose the DTR .