PDA

View Full Version : Installed Stainless works Longtubes... Pipes wont fit.

Seneca
04-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Alright it all started out Yesterday morning around 7 am Me and my friend from work Had the Marauder on the Rack for a full exhaust system install.

All of the old hardware came out pretty fast and easy accept for the manifolds, we had stock manifolds out and headers in all in about 4 1/2 hours.

the only thing we removed for the header install was the A.C. compressor and steering shaft, and oil dip stick. things were moving along at a great pace.

Then comes the pipes and mufflers. (P.S. this is the 3" off road kit.)

we spent the next 6 hours trying to make the headers back exhaust fit only to find out it seems like the pipe that takes the place of the cat is about 6" to short. so when the X pipe comes in everythings hitting really hard on the middle cross memeber. :( .. What a let down. I had to drive the car home so i put about three foot of pipes right of the headers and drove it home nice and slow. And talk about loud!!!! Oh well i'll be calling stainless works tomorrow. anyone else have this same system as i was trying to install?

I'll post a few pics soon. all i had was my cam phone. Seneca

Seneca
04-30-2007, 04:49 AM
Does anyone out there have any pics of the underside of a mm with three inch stainless works exhaust? I already seen the proto type and their website. anyone else? Thanks .. Seneca

MarauderMark
04-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Hope you get it all worked out bud:up:

Big House
05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Seneca,

If I can get my car in the air, I will send you some pics. I have the full three inch kit. All went well with the install.

House

Seneca
05-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Thank you thank you.. at this point anything at all will help out a whole lot!. I'm going to try and give it another shot this weekend. I dont feel to good about it though at this moment. I'll keep everyone posted.
Seneca

fordfrk
05-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Have you got your header problem resolved?

MarauderTJA
05-06-2007, 01:48 PM
That had to have sucked. I am sure you will get the problem resolved.

CRUZTAKER
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I toured their plant back in the day when this kit was being produed. SS Works is merely across town. Have you spoke with the folks their? Perhaps you didn't get all the correct pieces....
At the time of my visit, everything appeared to be on the up and up in a good way.
Odd.

I look forward to your resolve.

Seneca
05-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Well here's an update..
Got the Exhaust hung yesterday, It only took about 5 hours from the headers back with me and the top mechanic where i work:rolleyes: ..Theres was some welding required and some bending and the hangers that came with the system are not long enough. I talked to Scott at stainless works he's working with me and helping to take care of this problem. Long story short the accept for the headers which went on and look great! the rest is by far a bolt on kit. I am very let down on the quality and fit of the ( what I'll call Cat back) The cars going to a custom shop in a few weeks and have the tips installed and new hangers that actually fit. Seneca

DEFYANT
05-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey bud, hang in there.

Seneca
05-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Thanks Charlie doing my best. Hopefully i'll have the car ready to run by fall anyways. :rolleyes: ..Seneca