PDA

View Full Version : Command Rotors 1 Set Only

wchain
04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
I Have ONE set of Command Automotive Rotors a customer asked me to order but changed his mind and I never shipped them or billed them. They are the cryogenic rotors that Law Enforcement uses on P71s in punishing braking over and over, Lifetime warranty.

These are a front and rear set. Retail for $500.00

First $375.00 takes em, Shipped (they are HEAVY).

The Big Stu
04-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I want to upgrade my brakes, but I don't have cash just laying around...I need a second job.

RCSignals
04-30-2007, 10:33 PM
very tempting

engine23ccvfd
04-30-2007, 11:42 PM
damn and I could get them w/o shipping since I live ten miles from your shop.... but the new Harley needs more chrome :)

RoyLPita
05-01-2007, 03:52 AM
I want to upgrade my brakes, but I don't have cash just laying around...I need a second job.

I am going to need one of those, too.

ckadiddle
05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I shouldn't, but I am going to. Deals like this are so hard to pass up. Wes, you've got a PM.

ckadiddle
05-18-2007, 02:20 PM
The new Command rotors were waiting on me when I got home today. I could barely lift the box off the ground. The fronts are THICK, MASSIVE and H-E-A-V-Y. I will let you guys know my impressions after I get a chance to have them installed. May have to wait till after payday rolls round again. :(

Raudermaster
05-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Pictures please? I would like to see what these look like.

Shora
05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Pictures please? I would like to see what these look like.

http://www.commandautomotive.com/

That should help. Anyone up for a group buy?

ckadiddle
05-20-2007, 05:05 AM
I will try to get some photos for you and possibly some during install.

Raudermaster
05-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Yea Shora I was going to talk to Wes about making this a possible GB for us.

ckadiddle
05-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Took photos last night, will post them when I get a chance. The big ones weigh around 22 lbs each, and the little ones are a puny 13 lbs each. Weighed them jsut for fun. Not as heavy as I thought they felt to me, I must be getting very OLD and very WEAK.

ckadiddle
05-21-2007, 05:50 PM
photos of rotors resting comfortably on the couch are here:
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/command%20rotors/
They are still in plastic wrappers FYI.

Photos showing two rotors are one front and one rear rotor for comparison purposes.

Couldn't get hold of my regular brake dude today, so I have an appt tomorrow morning at 9 am for install at a local performance shop that has worked on other local members' MMs. Will try to post tomorrow from work after I drive in.

They are so pretty...beautiful, freshly machined metal....I hate to have them installed and actually use them! Shame to get them dirty....

oldekid
05-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Pete, put them on and enjoy them. While you are thinking about stopping, I'll be working on going faster on the juice. Who cares about stopping? It's all about going fast. I'll stop when I hit something.

:banana:

knine
05-21-2007, 07:04 PM
The new Command rotors were waiting on me when I got home today. I could barely lift the box off the ground. :(
Time to build those muscles !!! Start with 12 oz. curls :D Bud light or Bush light is best (I hear).

ckadiddle
05-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Added a couple photos of the new rotors being installed.
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/command%20rotors/

Mechanic told me to take it easy for a few miles to let the pads and rotors get used to each other. So far with gentle braking the pedal feels a little stiffer and does not depress as far. Feels better overall. Will post more after I drive it a little more and get used to them. So far, so good.

ckadiddle
05-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Pete, put them on and enjoy them. While you are thinking about stopping, I'll be working on going faster on the juice. Who cares about stopping? It's all about going fast. I'll stop when I hit something.

:banana:

I'll just speed up faster than you and get in front of you and use my ridiculously powerful brakes to stop your car for ya. What are friends for otherwise?

ckadiddle
05-29-2007, 09:24 AM
So far I like the new Command rotors. Pedal is higher, and doesn't travel as far down. Less lef effort to stop the car. This is only city driving so far. Now that they are a little broken in, I have to go out and do some official "brake testing". heh heh heh

FYI these new Command rotors are running with the Hawk HPS pads that were already on my car. Seems to be a nice combination so far. Feels more like I think four wheel discs should feel.