PDA

View Full Version : May Meeting

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Okay, it's officially a new month.

Thoughts on a meeting date and place for May?

Speak up guys!:blah:

SCCH

vonirkinshtine
05-01-2007, 12:55 PM
A lunch deal on the 12th would be ideal. Not too late though, because I have a wedding to go to at 3pm.

After the 12th I might be in-and-out of state for the rest of the summer, so who knows.

SC Cheesehead
05-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Okay, it's officially a new month.

Thoughts on a meeting date and place for May?

Speak up guys!:blah:

SCCH

I'll be in training that week and would like to meet some of you Carolinians, and if one or some of you could take me to the bar where girls in bikini's ride mechanical bulls, I'll buy the beers.:D

Anybody up for a drive up to Raleigh?

How 'bout it guys? Marauderman, jarchie, others....whatcha think:confused:

SCCH

fastblackmerc
05-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Rex, sorry I couldn't make it to the Rousch meet. I was gone all week and had alot of things to catch up on.

If you guys want to come up to Raleigh we can meet somewhere or can do a BBQ at my house.

96DiamondVIII
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Heh. Talk of a Raleigh meet and I'm going to be in Greensboro 2 out of the 4 weekends in May. If y'all do it on the 19th or 20th I'm definitely game though.

frdwrnch
05-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm supposed to be helping at a Falcon and All Ford Show at Town and Country Ford in Charlotte on the 12th. However, I may be taking a sick MM down to Jacksonville for a heart transplant either that weekend or the next so my schedule is so up in the air I can't commit. I'll keep you posted. BTW had a great time at the Rousch event and hope to do it again next year.

Marauderman
05-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Hey All--Got back from Richmond from high school Birthday fling last week and the MM ran a perfect 850 miles all told......met some NCHP would liked the RED Line Beauty too......

Well.....May weekends are all taken up it seems with most of us. I'm trying to get some things done so I can go to fastblackmercs house for a weekend to do some bling on my MM while there.....

The 12th seems open for now locally, although I may go to fast's then..donno...the 19th is taken with grandkids for weekend --babysitting----the 26th would be nice but everyone on the pllanet will be in town--everwhere for the 600 race ----and all my grandkids will be over for weekend for the holiday and Carrowinds---

It would be nice if we could pull off a meet where it maynot be too crowded on the 26th --we can possibility break away from the kids for a while---maybe away from the track, say down south where I am at the NC/SC-----

So post up some more thoughts--- these are mine---

SC Cheesehead
05-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Weekend of the 26th works for me, I don't think we're going anywhere.

Hey, how about the Flopeye Fish Festival in Great Falls, SC? It's about 60 miles from Charlotte?
(Hey........you asked for ideas, you didn't say they had to be GOOD ones!:P)

http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/products/2069.aspx

Actually, anything on the south side of Charlotte would be good for me, and maybe if it's not too difficult to get to, james79stang might be able to join up with us.

JWLock
05-14-2007, 01:10 PM
South Charlotte works for me. I work in S. Charlotte and its only 15 minutes away from home too. I am sure you guys in S. Charlotte see me in the mornings and evenings on S. Tryon/Arrowood :) ... Right now my other car is trapped in the garage so I am driving the Merc. (Grage door is busted.. I have to replace that soon...).

And to go back a ways,. yup.. that awful pounding/banging noise was the parking brake. All is well now. Only things left to fix up are a small dent (almost invisible), and a piece of trim... and polish out a few scratches...

vonirkinshtine
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I'll be in town the 26th (and I promice I don't have work, lol).

james79stang
05-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I will be in town 26th too.. just not sure will be free.. Jim (tx)

james79stang
05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
anything on meeting ( may 26th?)show-up??........ tring to figure on what to to while i have a little free time.. i will check here tuesday night ( may 29) to see if response.. Jim

Pat
05-23-2007, 07:04 PM
I be in NC for the Coca Cola 600 on Saturday 25th. I am open does any CAM'ers want to meet? Post with reply, Thanks.

James79stang

Marauderman
05-25-2007, 03:38 PM
OK folks--Its time to meet--or at least try to--the problem is where--up by the track is so crowded--its difficult--so I recommend going south of the city--a noon luncheon --

Trust me folks--no one is going south--so traffic should be better--to make it easy--lets try and keep it near the interstates--

SO with that being said --I recommend "RUBY TUESDAYS" at I-77 and ARROWOOD RD--Exit # 2.

SO lets post up--what ya say !!!

BUMP__BUMP--will check in morning on who has posted --

Marauderman
05-25-2007, 06:25 PM
OK folks--Its time to meet--or at least try to--the problem is where--up by the track is so crowded--its difficult--so I recommend going south of the city--a noon luncheon --

Trust me folks--no one is going south--so traffic should be better--to make it easy--lets try and keep it near the interstates--

SO with that being said --I recommend "RUBY TUESDAYS" at I-77 and ARROWOOD RD--Exit # 2.

SO lets post up--what ya say !!!

BUMP__BUMP--will check in morning on who has posted --

Meant to BUMP BUMP THIS WAY__

SC Cheesehead
05-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Meant to BUMP BUMP THIS WAY__

I was up at frdwrnch's on Thursday getting my U/D pulleys installed, now got to do penance the rest of the weekend. Ms. CH has me working my fingers to the bone. Gonna need to go back to work on Tuesday just to rest up.:bigcry:

Anyway, won't be able to make it up this Saturday. Whoever shows up, start talking about June, maybe we can get something going early and get a bunch of folks together.

Also, if anybody's interested, I'll host a pool party at my place in July.

Let me know what you guys think.

SCCH

Marauderman
05-26-2007, 05:32 AM
I be in NC for the Coca Cola 600 on Saturday 25th. I am open does any CAM'ers want to meet? Post with reply, Thanks.

James79stang

I just spoke with Jim and we are meeting at 12:15 at Ruby Tuesdays off I-77 and Arrowood Rd exit @ 2---Meet us there folks---

Marauderman
05-26-2007, 01:37 PM
I just spoke with Jim and we are meeting at 12:15 at Ruby Tuesdays off I-77 and Arrowood Rd exit @ 2---Meet us there folks---

OK folks --James78stang (from TEXAS) and I got together today --wish ya'll could have been there--we talked about our Lucky chance to be in the "Race" last Nov. that has since been posted alot on the web over the last several months---Yeah--we had alot of fun--got some good eating in and then said our good byes at the gas pump--took him down the road into SC where it was cheaper for now--$3.14 was the cost per gal. today--who knows tomorrow--

Anyway-- here are some pics-----Oh Yeah--James got his first drive in a S/C'ed MM--I'll let him speak about that fun---he however is without web access --so will likely have to wait till he does--

Marauderman
05-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Here are a few more pics of James-- We had fun--See even two members can get together and have fun--even if its been 6 months between seeing each other---Good luck with your visit James and a safe drive back home--BTW--His MM w/92K on the clock--looks still brand new--wtg James---

Marauderman
05-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Look back at post 18 and catch up folks--BTW--Where have you all been!

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Look back at post 18 and catch up folks--BTW--Where the HeXX have you all been!

Wish I could have made it. Let's see if we can get a good turnout for June.

Any thoughts on when and where?

SCCH

jarchie
05-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Wel, I am sorry I missed it. I am in for next month though. Can't wait till the pool party in July!

james79stang
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
:banana2:can I say... ZOOOOOOOMMMMMMM.. wow that was fun and thank you for the test drive....wish more could have met up with me when I was there.. but the Test Drive was well worth the trip ... Thank you.. Jim

james79stang
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Thank's for the test drive... Vaaaaarrrrrooooooommmmm... as the rest the body catch's up..lol...wish more could have met up.. just glad to spend time with other's... Had a great time . Thank you, Jim