PDA

View Full Version : Flo-Pro Mufflers

crouse
05-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Anyone have any experience with Flo-Pro mufflers?

http://www.flopro.com/homepage.htm

I'm still trying to figure out what to do. It's too loud, I don't like the V6 sound but don't want to give up the power of the X-Pipe. My local shop uses Flo-Pro and tells me that these will be a little quieter but still have high flow. Not sure if they use the MX series or the Oval (4.25" x 9.75").

Raudermaster
05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
I remember a member or two had them and said they liked them. Try a search on it.

fastblackmerc
05-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's

n3fvg
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Cheaper imitation of Blowmasters. Sound good on Ford products though...

crouse
05-02-2007, 07:16 PM
The Flowmaster's that I have now look like this. (left pic) And the Flo-Pro mufflers looke like this. (right pic)

Do you think it will make a difference? Maybe a longer length muffler will help too?

Raudermaster
05-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Cheaper imitation of Blowmasters. Sound good on Ford products though...

I happen to like my Flow's.

MENINBLK
05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
The Flowmaster's that I have now look like this. (left pic) And the Flo-Pro mufflers looke like this. (right pic)

Do you think it will make a difference? Maybe a longer length muffler will help too?

The Flowmaster is a better made muffler in this comparison.

ctrlraven
05-02-2007, 08:45 PM

That flowmaster is the 40 series delta flow.

I have the Super 40 two champer and their very loud.
http://flowmastermufflers.com/images/_40_super.jpg

If you want quiet you have to go with Magnaflow or try a Flows 50 Series tri champer muffler..
http://flowmastermufflers.com/images/_50_series.jpg

Icarus
05-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I had a set of Flo-Pros on my '86 Mark VII I used to have. They sound like Flowmasters but a quieter version of them. I think they sounded good, but were a bit quiet for what I was looking for then...

Marauderjack
05-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's Magnaflow's

+10 ^^^^^:beer: :bows: :D

ALSO......."H" pipe instead of the "X"!!!;) :banana:

Cobra25
05-03-2007, 03:31 AM
Me & Marauder TJA are Running Flow Master Delta series 50 's. They have some rumble and aren't too load.

magindat
05-03-2007, 05:43 AM
I'm tellin ya. You'll never lose that high pitch sound 'till you lose the x-pipe or supercharge.
The diff between x and a properly made H is minimal.

Cobra25
05-03-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm tellin ya. You'll never lose that high pitch sound 'till you lose the x-pipe or supercharge.
The diff between x and a properly made H is minimal. Rich made a good point. I just re-did my whole exhaust and I took out the X Pipe and had a Custom made H Pipe and No more High pitch noise anymore and a better sound at least with my system.

crouse
05-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. I know I've been a PITA on this exhaust issue with numerous threads and questions, but I hate having to keep throwing money at this. I'm going to leave the 40's for now and replace the X-Pipe with an H-Pipe.

gonzo50
05-03-2007, 07:41 AM
+10 ^^^^^:beer: :bows: :D
Another +10 more ^^^^^:bows:

ALSO......."H" pipe instead of the "X"!!!;) :banana:
This one is debatable....:argue:

Marauderjack
05-04-2007, 04:14 AM
The diff between x and a properly made H is minimal.

I had the best "X" money can buy and a ProCharger.....SOUND WAS STILL "ZIPPY" and high pitched!!!:argue: :mad2: :cool:

Custom 2.5" "H" fixed it completely!!:bows: :bows:

I have a sound clip if anyone knows how to post it??:confused:

Marauderjack:D

Cobra25
05-04-2007, 04:16 AM
Glad to hear you fixed the problem.

johnjamis
05-04-2007, 05:20 AM
I have the magnaflows and it was a little too loud. I had the tailpipe extensions cut off and added short magnaflows(#14494, 23" overall length/18" body length) as my tailpipe extensions. Now, even my wife can live with the "straight through" pipes.

ctrlraven
05-04-2007, 07:07 AM
I had the best "X" money can buy and a ProCharger.....SOUND WAS STILL "ZIPPY" and high pitched!!!:argue: :mad2: :cool:

Custom 2.5" "H" fixed it completely!!:bows: :bows:

I have a sound clip if anyone knows how to post it??:confused:

Marauderjack:D

Hey Jack, send it to me ctrlraven@comcast.net and I'll host it. I'd like to hear it and I'm sure others would also.

Marauderjack
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey Jack, send it to me ctrlraven@comcast.net and I'll host it. I'd like to hear it and I'm sure others would also.

It's on the way!!

Thanks!!:beer:

ctrlraven
05-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry for the delay but here is your sound clip Jack.

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=51160734 5.wav

snowbird
05-06-2007, 03:57 AM
LOL After hearing the clip, I'm now wandering if Marauderjack "stole" his car !! :)

Marauderjack
05-06-2007, 04:18 AM
LOL After hearing the clip, I'm now wandering if Marauderjack "stole" his car !! :)

Sometimes I feel like I stole it since it is such a blast to drive and I really have so little invested!!:beer: :beer: Where else can ya get a FAST....BIG car that runs like this....with the comfort level it has for less than $35K??:rolleyes:

BTW....the "Mushy" 1-2 shift is actually wheel spin.......It spins all the way through first and the 1-2 shift despite the 295's out back with only 30 PSI in them!!!:bows:

The car actually sounds better.......I taped the mic to the (in trunk) recorder to the rear bumper and wind noise interferes a little!!:argue:

Thanks to "ctrlraven" for posting the clip!!!:bows:

Marauderjack:burnout:

n3fvg
05-06-2007, 07:14 AM
I happen to like my Flow's.
I like mine on my Crown Vic. P.I. but have never heard them sound good on anything else (other than Ford products).