PDA

View Full Version : superchips programmer 4 sale

malcom04
05-03-2007, 07:50 AM
traded the marauder for a srt8 charger and i want to sell my superchips programmer. ill take $200 plus shipping. its for an 2004 marauder.

u can pm me if interested or call me at 404-245-8180.

KillJoy
05-03-2007, 07:52 AM
What model is it?

KillJoy

RCSignals
05-03-2007, 09:41 AM
you returned the Marauder to stock tune?

malcom04
05-04-2007, 07:35 AM
you returned the Marauder to stock tune?yes. at the dealer when i was trading it. and gimme a minute and ill see which one it is.

n3fvg
05-04-2007, 01:03 PM
traded the marauder for a srt8 charger and i want to sell my superchips programmer. ill take $200 plus shipping. its for an 2004 marauder.

u can pm me if interested or call me at 404-245-8180.

It wont work on another car, even if you returned your car to "stock". The Superchips Programmer is "vin locked" to the vehicle you first hooked it up to. I tried to do the same thing and it wouldn't work on the buyers car. I was informed by Superchips Tech Support that once it is propgrammed to a vehicle, it stays with that vehicle.:(

KillJoy
05-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Depending which Tuner it is perhaps.....

Once the car is returned to the stock tune, it should be VIN UNlocked.

KillJoy

BruteForce
05-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Can an SCT tuner (like DR) unlock it?

I have a SCT 9100 (?) tuner I will give away for the cost to ship it if you want to get it unlocked on your own. I can't unlock it cuz my OEM tune is long gone. Includes the serial data cable too.
SOLD to Quickdraw McKillJoy

RCSignals
05-04-2007, 02:39 PM
It wont work on another car, even if you returned your car to "stock". The Superchips Programmer is "vin locked" to the vehicle you first hooked it up to. I tried to do the same thing and it wouldn't work on the buyers car. I was informed by Superchips Tech Support that once it is propgrammed to a vehicle, it stays with that vehicle.:(

Once the stock tune has been returned to the first vehicle the tuner shouldn't be VIN locked any more and can be used on another vehicle as long as the PCM code is correct for the tuner.

If the tuner indicates it is VIN locked it is still in use on another vehicle. Whoever sold the tuner to you did not return his vehicle to a stock tune first.

Superchips documentation even indicates this.

n3fvg
05-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Once the stock tune has been returned to the first vehicle the tuner shouldn't be VIN locked any more and can be used on another vehicle as long as the PCM code is correct for the tuner.

If the tuner indicates it is VIN locked it is still in use on another vehicle. Whoever sold the tuner to you did not return his vehicle to a stock tune first.

Superchips documentation even indicates this.

I purchased the tuner brand new in a sealed box from Summit. Installed the performance program on my Marauder. When I decided to sell my Marauder, I returned the vehicle to stock as per the directions. I sold it to someone locally and he asked me to install the performance tuning on his Marauder. I got an error code and then the vin locked message. Called Superchips Tech Support and they confirmed that the tuner is always vin locked to the vehicle it was installed on (my Marauder), didn't matter I returned the tuner to stock. Maybe their tech support was wrong...

RCSignals
05-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I purchased the tuner brand new in a sealed box from Summit. Installed the performance program on my Marauder. When I decided to sell my Marauder, I returned the vehicle to stock as per the directions. I sold it to someone locally and he asked me to install the performance tuning on his Marauder. I got an error code and then the vin locked message. Called Superchips Tech Support and they confirmed that the tuner is always vin locked to the vehicle it was installed on (my Marauder), didn't matter I returned the tuner to stock. Maybe their tech support was wrong...

Their tech support was wrong. Your car must not have been returned to stock, when you thought it was, for that to have happened.

n3fvg
05-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Their tech support was wrong. Your car must not have been returned to stock, when you thought it was, for that to have happened.

It definately is in "stock" mode, I just checked it again. I returned all the settings to stock and just went through the settings. I'll have to call their tech support again tomorrow

bugsys03
05-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Enough about the tuner. How do you like your SRT8?

malcom04
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Enough about the tuner. How do you like your SRT8?i love it. just wish i got the opportunity to mod the marauder a little so i could of really compared the two. as of right now i feel the marauder was fun, but the srt8 is a beast.

Zack
05-07-2007, 05:21 AM
To put this VIN lock thing to rest:
When you return your car to stock, it tells the programmer it is now ok to remove the vin lock, which can only be done if you have the first version of the pro racers package, or send it to SCT.
You cant simply take it to another car and program the other car.

RCSignals
05-08-2007, 11:29 PM
To put this VIN lock thing to rest:
When you return your car to stock, it tells the programmer it is now ok to remove the vin lock, which can only be done if you have the first version of the pro racers package, or send it to SCT.
You cant simply take it to another car and program the other car.

according to the Superchips documentation you can.
Maybe the early 'SCT' tuner you can't

He mentioned a 'Superchips' tuner, which isn't necessarily the same as a SCT tuner.
So I guess it depends if it is a 'Superchips' tuner, or what model of SCT tuner it is.