PDA

View Full Version : shop for jlt intake installed

tukid18
05-05-2007, 06:37 AM
hey there guys just wondering if you could tell me of a shop in philly where I could get my jlt installed at

fastblackmerc
05-05-2007, 06:39 AM
If your even the slightest bit handy with tools you can install the JLT yourself.

Krytin
05-05-2007, 06:57 AM
I would install it for you for free if you were close enough!
My company has a plant down in Bristol PA. If I make a trip down there again I'll give you a shout!

MarauderMark
05-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I would install it for you for free !

I offered too(I work in North philly).I've never installed one on a MM but did on my Z28.
Is there anything special to look out for , also what tools would be needed?

Breadfan
05-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Nothing too special, it's pretty easy, just get some soapy water to get things on.

Make sure everything is on straight and tight especially on the throttle body.

Krytin
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Yep - what^^^he^^^said.
The instructions do recomend installing the MAF sensor in the same orientation as it was when installed on the factory air box. That is, if the sensor module was at say the 10 o'clock position when in the factory set-up, try and re-install it that way on the JLT kit. Other than that it is too simple to screw up. You do want to orient everything downward as far as it can - the rubber boot at the T/B tends to rub on the hood liner if you don't. Also turn all hose clambs so the screw/worm drives are not on the top of the boots when tight - same reason - hood liner rub.
Wipe/clean the inside of the filter lip that clamps to the MAF adapter ring - excess oil from the filter can cause it to slip off the aluminum ring.

whoskal
05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Do it yourself......it took me about 20mins....from opening the box to finish