PDA

View Full Version : Mid pipe question

ctrlraven
05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
I am going to be getting SW LT headers soon and because their kit comes the X-pipe I am just going to get the headers alone (don't like X-pipe sound). Instead of having a shop completely fab up an H-pipe (with cats) I was wonder could I just get something like this and then have the shop fab up the piping to mate it with the rest of new 2.5" piping?

BBK catted H-pipe
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=BBK-1538%20%20%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

Or could anyone recommend a good H-pipe to buy?

And are these the right O2 sensor extensions to use?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-o2-extension-harnesses.html

fastblackmerc
05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
There is a Mustang "H" or "X" pipe that can be used. You might have to extend the pipes after the cats to makeup for the longer MM wheelbase. Since I don't know what the end of the headers look like you might have to make up different header-to-"H"-pipe connections. I don't think you'll need any oxygen sensor extenders and you'll only need 1 set of cats instead of 2 sets. Search for Mustang X pipe and you'll see the threads with P/N's.

Raudermaster
05-08-2007, 10:01 AM
There's a company that I saw on SVTP and some of the Cobra guys use this catted H. Of course I can't think of the name, I wanna say JLP but that's Johnny Lightning Performance, I don't know, it was something like that. Before I bought my DR Cobra exhaust, I was going to build it myself, and I was going to order a new Bassani catted X pipe. You can also use a Pype's catted H or a Mac.

Bigdough
05-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Do any of you guys know if the stock catted Bassani X that comes on the Shelby GT500s will work on our car? I saw one the other day in a car show with mirrors showing off the exhaust, looked like it would fit. Im probably going to try it.

fastblackmerc
05-10-2007, 12:04 PM
The Mustang pipes are usually too short, that's why you have to add a 4" section on both pipes.

ctrlraven
05-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Do any of you guys know if the stock catted Bassani X that comes on the Shelby GT500s will work on our car? I saw one the other day in a car show with mirrors showing off the exhaust, looked like it would fit. Im probably going to try it.

If you look on some sites that sell the mid pipes they will say for Shortie or Longtube headers.

gonzo50
05-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Do any of you guys know if the stock catted Bassani X that comes on the Shelby GT500s will work on our car?

........and are now available in both H-pipe and X-chamber designs. Both types are made from quality 16-gauge, 2 1/2 in. aluminized tubing.
The exhaust system on the Marauder is Stainless Steel, your best choice would be the Bassani, since it's also Stainless Steel, it will last longer.:beatnik: