PDA

View Full Version : Southern Super Heavy Shootout #7 is ON!

LeadSSled
05-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Well folks, it is a done deal. SSHS7 is on like Donkey Kong! The website is up and registration is open. Race Day is Saturday November 3rd, 2007. The Marauder family has been a crucial part of the success of this event for the last several years and we are counting on your participation for SSHS7 to succeed as well. The welcome mats will be down and southern hospitality will be in abundance. Please plan to attend this stellar "Big Car" drag racing event. Register early!

SSHS7 Homepage (http://www.sshs7.com/)

Note that a host hotel arrangement has not yet been finalized. As soon as it is done, we will annouce the details.

Also, I apologize in advance that the current version of the home page is so "B-body" flavored. This was originally a B-body event and it is hard to break old habits. But the Marauders have been as much a part of this event for that last few years as the Impalas have been and it is as much your race as ours. This truly is a "Big Car Race" and not an "Impala Race". I have requested that the appropriate updates be made to the site to reflect that, so we're working on it. This site just went live yesterday and we are still tweaking it, so please be patient with us.

I sure hope to see my Marauder friends there again this year!
Terry Kehne
Knoxville, TN

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/LT1Roadmaster/Drags_5.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 979&stc=1&d=1178648160

GreekGod
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I see you are limited to 200 cars. How many did you have in previous years?

merc
05-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Great news :D

LeadSSled
05-08-2007, 12:03 PM
I see you are limited to 200 cars. How many did you have in previous years?

I think that we had 130 cars last year. That is about normal for these events. But with more Marauders and more LX cars hitting the drag strip every year, we thought it was prudent to cap it at something reasonable. We may not have that many cars, but it's a good incentive to register early.

Pops
05-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I will be there Terry and looking forward to some Impala lunch. Glad to see its up and running. Let me know if I can help you guys out as you do a great event.

LeadSSled
05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
John - Will do. Just a heads up. If you read the Note from the Prez, you will see that this is the last time for a while that GASSIT will sponsor and organize the SSHS event. I believe they really mean it this time. They are tired and need a break and are hoping that someone else pics up the ball for 2008. If nobody else does run with it, the event will die. If any of the Marauder folks want to discuss taking the torch, please contact Norm Campli directly. His e-mail is on there.

He is also the guy to contact with any sponsorship opportunities for the event. Thanks!

MarauderTJA
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Terry, I was registered last year, but because of some last minute engine problems I couldn't make it. Count me in this year! I'll be there. Plus I'll work on an S/C Florida Marauder Race Team contingent to be there as well. I would really like another trophy to go with my SSHS5 one in the garage.

TOM

MarauderTJA
05-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered today. Come on SSM, we need to convoy up to Atlanta. Start planning now.

John Nero
05-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered today. Come on SSM, we need to convoy up to Atlanta. Start planning now.

i am registered see you in atlanta

Paul T. Casey
05-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, I suppose I'll have to go, again. This is my favorite event.

LeadSSled
05-08-2007, 06:07 PM
That's the spirit! At this rate the Marauders will outnumber the Impalas this year. :D Really - thank you for supporting this event so strongly.

DEFYANT
05-08-2007, 06:10 PM
S U B S C R I B I N G

I had a great time last year.

Glenn
05-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Terry:

Registered with #3. Well, we never found each other last year to go heads up. There is too much going on Saturday, so I propose that we meet on Friday night when it should not be very busy and we can easily run. It is a shame we never ran together because it would have been a very close race. We both pulled 12.38s at SSHS6 (see time slip on MM "Timeslip" page - and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0WDXSfrKdY). My guess is you will have to beat me off the line because based on our E/S I will run you down at the end. So again I throw the MM "gauntlet down". We are very evenly matched - best out of three for Pinks??

Glenn

Hotrauder
05-08-2007, 06:36 PM
We had a ball last year and will be there again this year. Better luck to Jerry, Marty and Paul. Tom a convoy sounds like just the ticket. To anyone who has not been there this event is a blast even if just to watch and visit with all kinds of car guys. You will not believe what the SS guys have done to their rides. John Kuhn has the prettiest Mercury you have ever seen and he is as nice as his ride is gorgeous. Watch that baby run. The Grand Monkey with the Marauder Heart. Dennis:2thumbs:

Pat
05-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Coming off of MV V in August, if I don't break the bank then maybe Patricia and I can do the SSH Shootout #7. It's only 605 miles from Shreveport, La.

Have to lite a fire under Laughing Gasser and see if his car is ready.

I'll query some of the North Texas Marauders, there may be an interested contender or spectator.

Pat

LeadSSled
05-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered with #3. Well, we never found each other last year to go heads up. There is too much going on Saturday, so I propose that we meet on Friday night when it should not be very busy and we can easily run. It is a shame we never ran together because it would have been a very close race. We both pulled 12.38s at SSHS6 (see time slip on MM "Timeslip" page - and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0WDXSfrKdY). My guess is you will have to beat me off the line because based on our E/S I will run you down at the end. So again I throw the MM "gauntlet down". We are very evenly matched - best out of three for Pinks??

Glenn - If I can get there early enough to run on Friday night, that would be fun. I'll try to plan to do that.

Terry

glassman99
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Glenn, I am going to bring the twin turbo Taur:beer: us to kick your azz.

Marauderman
05-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Glenn, I am going to bring the twin turbo Taur:beer: us to kick your azz.

Dang! That and your Reinhart MM --outa be something--I should be there---actually think I will--just need to make alot of adjustments first--hope they work out--

Glenn
05-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Steve:

Just bring that black "Olde Man" sedan you were driving last year. It just might well do better this year.

Glenn

LeadSSled
05-20-2007, 04:39 AM
I just wanted to point out that there has been a slight change to classing since the SSHS7 page went live. A new bracket class has been added for cars 11.99 and quicker. These cars are getting quicker every year. :D

MarauderTJA
05-20-2007, 06:51 AM
I just wanted to point out that there has been a slight change to classing since the SSHS7 page went live. A new bracket class has been added for cars 11.99 and quicker. These cars are getting quicker every year. :D

Good idea Terry. I was going to run Big Dog, but going against mid-10 cars and lower makes it pretty hard to win against full race cars. Both Marty's and Jerrys car will probably be quicker this year than last. Setting up this class makes for additional competition within reach. I am heads up guy, brackets can be tough and requires consistancy...Still a good idea.

LeadSSled
05-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Just a thought - you can run both Big Dog AND a bracket class if you want. Several folks have done that before.

GreekGod
05-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Is a 6 point cage required for cars under 12 seconds?

sailsmen
05-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Non-OEM a roll bar is required.

jimlam56
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Did y'all snap up all the hotel rooms already?
I tried the Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn, nothing available??:confused:

MarauderTJA
05-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Non-OEM a roll bar is required.

I understand if the car runs under 11.49 a roll bar is required under NHRA rules. But for full bodied cars they are required if you run 10.99 or quicker it is required with no alterations to the fire wall. It is listed in the SSHS7 rules area. Seems to me to be a gray area here. I ran 11.3 at a sanctioned NHRA event with my car and no one said anything to me.

Hotrauder
05-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Did y'all snap up all the hotel rooms already?
I tried the Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn, nothing available??:confused:

Jim, try the Holiday Inn Express. It is clean and very nice and the newest in commerce, I believe. Just confirmed our reservations a few minutes ago.
Several of the Marauder guys will be there. It is 500 yards from the Hampton. dennis

John Nero
05-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Jim, try the Holiday Inn Express. It is clean and very nice and the newest in commerce, I believe. Just confirmed our reservations a few minutes ago.
Several of the Marauder guys will be there. It is 500 yards from the Hampton. dennis
what is the phone # for the hotel- thanks

LeadSSled
05-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I understand if the car runs under 11.49 a roll bar is required under NHRA rules. But for full bodied cars they are required if you run 10.99 or quicker it is required with no alterations to the fire wall. It is listed in the SSHS7 rules area. Seems to me to be a gray area here. I ran 11.3 at a sanctioned NHRA event with my car and no one said anything to me.

All I can tell you is that this is an NHRA track and NHRA safety rules apply. The Atlanta Dragway staff will do the technical inspections and enforce the rules. As you have noticed, the rules are enforced more/less strictly at different tracks. If your car does not meet the requirements for the time you run, you are at risk of being caught. If you have questions about how the rules are interpretted or enforced by the track officials, you can send an e-mail to the track to ask them.

That being said - I intend to get kicked off the track for running a 10-second pass with no roll bar/cage. :D I'll bracket race on the motor, which will put me in the low 12s. But I'll make a nitrous pass to get a number in the run-all-day lanes before the day is over.

GreekGod
05-20-2007, 06:25 PM
... I intend to get kicked off the track for sunning a 10-second pass with no roll bar/cage. :D I'll bracket race on the motor, which will put me in the low 12s. But I'll make a nitrous pass to get a number in the run-all-day lanes before the day is over.

See what violators those Chevy people are! :bandit: :eek: :banned:

We gentlemen Marauder owners would never even think of intentionly breaking any rules. :shake:

Hotrauder
05-20-2007, 06:25 PM
what is the phone # for the hotel- thanks

Holiday Inn Express, 30539 US Highway 441 S. Commerce, Ga. 706-336-8666 Dennis

LeadSSled
05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah, we're bad news all right. :rolleyes: It's a good thing we will have you Marauder folks there to keep us on the straight and narrow. ;)

Hotrauder
05-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, we're bad news all right. :rolleyes: It's a good thing we will have you Marauder folks there to keep us on the straight and narrow. ;)

Terry, No flame intended with my "do you blame them" comment. I think you know that but I just want to be clear. I think that the SSHS is one of the best events of the year and I too lament that a few have soured the local hotels. We will not be there to keep anyone in line but to have responsible and safe fun with a great group of guys and gals both Imps and Rauders and all the others. I knew that I would have a great time last year and was thrilled that Penny had a ball too. You guys have been fabulous hosts. We would not miss it. see you there. Dennis:2thumbs:

LeadSSled
05-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Dennis - None taken. I was just throwin a little bit of sarcasm around myself. It's what I do best. ;)

sailsmen
05-21-2007, 06:58 AM
I have enjoyed the SSHS.

I would like to be able to watch the Big Dogs run as a fan.

Would it be possible for the Big Dogs to have their time trials and eliminations after all other classes have finished for the day?

The Big Dogs would have a lot of fans to cheer them on!:D

Their break downs would only impact their class.:)

jimlam56
05-21-2007, 07:19 AM

Thanks Dennis!
Reservation made!
Jim

John Nero
05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks Dennis!
Reservation made!
Jim

reservations made too thanks

Pops
05-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Reservation made! All they have left are suites. They still have the handicap suite left. Thanks for the info.

DEFYANT
05-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Holiday Inn Express, 30539 US Highway 441 S. Commerce, Ga. 706-336-8666 Dennis

Thanks Dennis! :beer:

I'm in. I was going to wait awhile too. Glad I checked in.

magindat
05-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered and reserved!!!!!! See ya'll there!!!

Pops
05-21-2007, 09:14 AM
I am going to get to meet the great and almighty Rich!!!!!!!!! Dinner and beer on me Rich!

MarauderTJA
05-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks Dennis. Reserved two rooms today....

magindat
05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I am going to get to meet the great and almighty Rich!!!!!!!!! Dinner and beer on me Rich!

It's all smoke and mirrors, dude!

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Dude, I think you just named my car! I been payin attention to 'green' things and nuthin's hit me yet.

Magindat's ride: "Oz"! And I'm the 'Wizard'. Hell yeah! Thanks, John!!!

Hotrauder
05-21-2007, 11:36 AM
This is going to be a great party, even better than last year. Glad you guys got in! Don'tcha love it. Dennis

John Nero
05-21-2007, 12:04 PM
HOLIDAY INN MARAUDER CENTRAL:party:

magindat
05-21-2007, 12:42 PM
HOLIDAY INN MARAUDER CENTRAL:party:

Hey, you reckon we got enough reserved to get a parking lot section and the rooms grouped together? If'n you guys think it's worthwhile, I'll place a call...

Pops
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Give it a try MR. Wizard ( was that a different show) and see what you can do.

GreekGod
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
And I'm the 'Wizard'

When monkeys fly? ;)

O's Fan Rich
05-21-2007, 04:21 PM
It's all smoke and mirrors, dude!

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Dude, I think you just named my car! I been payin attention to 'green' things and nuthin's hit me yet.

Magindat's ride: "Oz"! And I'm the 'Wizard'. Hell yeah! Thanks, John!!!

OK Rich if that's what you want....http://youtube.com/watch?v=D4NCkJkR8lk YOU the Wiz!

MarauderTJA
05-22-2007, 05:09 AM
I have enjoyed the SSHS.

I would like to be able to watch the Big Dogs run as a fan.

Would it be possible for the Big Dogs to have their time trials and eliminations after all other classes have finished for the day?

The Big Dogs would have a lot of fans to cheer them on!:D

Their break downs would only impact their class.:)

Please Billy, do not even think or write this kind of stuff down:shake:...

Zack
05-22-2007, 05:33 AM
OK Rich if that's what you want....http://youtube.com/watch?v=D4NCkJkR8lk YOU the Wiz!

Your font is too big^^^^ :lol:

magindat
05-22-2007, 05:54 AM
When monkeys fly? ;)

But they DO!!!!

http://www.buysuperflymonkey.com/

It's SUPER. It's FLY. It's SUPERFLYMONKEY!

http://www.buysuperflymonkey.com/Customize_Your_Super_Fly_Monke y_Cape_s/23.htm

We should have some made for SSHS7!!!!

:laugh:

magindat
05-22-2007, 05:58 AM

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/untitled1.gif

Hell Yeah!!!!!

GreekGod
05-22-2007, 06:02 AM
The "Super Fly Monkey " is probably not approved of by the ASPCA or PETA.

magindat
05-22-2007, 06:17 AM
The "Super Fly Monkey " is probably not approved of by the ASPCA or PETA.

But it IS approved by NHRA for 13.99 or faster since it has a helmet!!!! :D

O's Fan Rich
05-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Your font is too big^^^^ :lol:

I do love the drop down box!

sailsmen
05-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Please Billy, do not even think or write this kind of stuff down:shake:...

I want to see the Big Dogs run from the Grand Stands and cheer them on. When theres a break down I can have a hot dog and kick back.:D Critique how the track sweeps up the remains and mops up the car fluids.;)

MarauderTJA
05-22-2007, 03:07 PM
I want to see the Big Dogs run from the Grand Stands and cheer them on. When theres a break down I can have a hot dog and kick back.:D Critique how the track sweeps up the remains and mops up the car fluids.;)

You really need to stop eating those Dragos grilled oysters:lol:.

sailsmen
05-22-2007, 03:35 PM
I read your other post, hope I didn't put the gris gris on you.

If I did let me know and I can refer you to a good Vodoo Doctor.:beatnik:

GreekGod
05-22-2007, 04:29 PM

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR height=20><TD height=20></TD><TR><TD>gri·gri [ gr gree (http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=grigri) ] (plural gri·gris [ gr gree (http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=grigri) ]) or gree·gree [ gr gree (http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=grigri) ] (plural gree·grees) or gris-gris [ gr gree (http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=grigri) ] (plural gris-gris [ gr gree (http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=grigri) ])</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ResultBody>

noun </TD></TR><TR height=20><TD height=20></TD><TR><TD class=ResultBodyBlack>Definition:</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>magical object: an African talisman or fetish

</TD></TR><TR><TD>[Late 18th century. Via American Spanish < Carib grugru "palm"]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MarauderTJA
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM

You probably do:eek:

sailsmen
05-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Guarranteed to cure your ills
http://www.govoodoo.com/roster_dolls.cfm

LeadSSled
05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Update on the hotel situation from the GASSIT Prez:

I have also updated the website on hotel information, I personally in my life have been asked to vacate certain establishments on occasion, but I must admit I have never been regionally black balled….Well anyway, there is always another way to cause chaos…. :mad2:

So……

There is not a host hotel, the website has the entire hotel contact information uploaded complete with some ‘suggestions” on how to ask for a room and a decent rate.

We are working on something new for the trophy presentations that should live up to the normally high GASSIT standards of socializing. :P

Go get a room, but don’t plan on sleeping in it much :cool4:

Norm

sailsmen
05-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I would like to stay a the Holiday Inn Express and will split the room costs.

Unfortunately she is booked. If anyone would like to split a room I will throw in a free dinner as an inducement.

Don't worry living w/ 3 women I am house trained.:)

O's Fan Rich
05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Been reading this thread, and it's strange that there are 30 some participants and two hotels are "booked solid". Being the suspicious type... I'm thinking the words out on the Impala guys coming and they are blackballing them. Have a female friend call and ask aout the shopping outlets nearby and if they have a room available for the weekend and see if you get a room....

MERCMAN
05-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I was able to make reservations on-line at the Days Inn via Yahoo travel. Give it a try. (I am not going, but I thought I would give it a shot!!)

sailsmen
05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
FYI, I called the Nat'l Reserv, the front desk and the internet.

I am supposedly on the waiting list that I had started. I had to remind her to take my phone number, so maybe it's a waiting list that only exists in my mind.:(

Glenn
08-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Terry:

How about an update on how things are going on with the SSHS7 meet on November 3. We are trying to get together a Mark VIII vs MM shoot out on Friday night, November 2.

Glenn

LeadSSled
08-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Glenn - I don't know what to tell you. Not much new news. But the event is certainly "ON". The contract with the track has been signed, money has changed hands, and the event is on the Atlanta Dragway's schedule. Now we just sit back and hope enough people sign up and come out to cover that big check. We are pretty much in the "hurry up and wait" mode. I usually start hitting the forums again in September to get those that haven't registered already off of the fence. I'll start making some more noise here in about a month.

Blue Wail
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
So who all is going to this?
The Black Bat is ready for lunch.
I hope a bunch of ya'lls Furds show up.
I LOVE TO SMOKE ME A FURD! :)

Nabster
Chief Operations Janitor
Mechanicsville EFI Performance
LT1 Impala Performance Specialists
World's lightest Impala clone 10.46 @ 129 mph
World's fastest 6 speed Impala 11.48 @ 121 mph
World's Strongest Impala: tows 5000 lb car trailer no sweat.

LeadSSled
10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Ummm... those are "Mercuries" to you Nab. :D

But he's right, it's about time to get fired up about this event - just a few weeks away. We have very good numbers for pre-registration - THANK YOU! This promises to be another stellar event.

Terry

MarauderTJA
10-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Ummm... those are "Mercuries" to you Nab. :D

But he's right, it's about time to get fired up about this event - just a few weeks away. We have very good numbers for pre-registration - THANK YOU! This promises to be another stellar event.

Terry

Believe me Terry, we here are all fired up for this years event. I missed last years, but will more than ready this year....See ya soon.:beer:

Glenn
10-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Terry:

Good to hear from you. After the Mark vs MM shootout how about us old goats hookin' up. I got the far lane. See you Friday night about 5-6:00 PM.

Glenn

PS: No gas - gotta run fair.

LeadSSled
10-09-2007, 05:41 PM
PS: No gas - gotta run fair.

My ole SSled doesn't run very well without gas, but I'll leave the Nitrous bottle in the pits. ;)

If I can get away soon enough to be in Commerce that early - you are on. I'm still trying to work that out. My wife was very sick most of the summer and I burned up a lot of vacation and personal time. Things are OK, but I don't yet know if I can afford to take all of Friday off. It's a 4-hour drive for me. If I have to work 1/2 a day, it will be a real push to get there early enough to be race-ready at the track by 6:00. Let me see if I can work something out.

sailsmen
10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Blue Wail;540416]So who all is going to this?
The Black Bat is ready for lunch.
I hope a bunch of ya'lls Furds show up.
I LOVE TO SMOKE ME A FURD! :)

Welcome and hope you have a great time at the event!:D

Glenn
10-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Terry:

Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is feeling better. Don't rush, I have a long dance card. I'll be there until late.

Glenn

LeadSSled
10-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Announcements from Norm Campli - President of GASSIT:

Update #1

Electronic Registration via the SSHS7 website will close 10/19/07, if you register at the gate, its cash only, no credit cards or checks.
$65 for driver and car, additional guests $10.

If you preregistered you should have received your emailed registration, YOU NEED TO BRING THAT TO GET INTO THE FAST LANE AT THE GATE.

Friday night pregistrations, t-shirts, tech cards, etc will be handled at the Hampton Inn....I have "arranged" supervision for Bob!!
We will be in the lobby, bring your pregistration form, you will get a tech card to fill out, buy a t-shirt, etc

We have added a burnout contest and eliminated the formal car show, so bring junk tires If anyone wants to have an informal car show within the event, get in contact with me at GASSITSSHS7@aol.com

Update #2

Attention Pre-Registered SSHS7 drivers!

.......Having trouble making weight for a trophy?
.........Need a good dose of southern health food?
...........Getting beat up by your girlfriend?

The Southern Marauders, John's Stereo, mercurymarauder.net and GASSIT are buying YOU a BBQ lunch from Frank's BBQ Stand!

All pregistered SSHS7 drivers will get a coupon at the gate for a free lunch. BBQ Lunch is available from 11am to 2Pm.

BBQ lunch will also be available to everyone at reasonable prices.

Hack Goby
10-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Holy crap,I just saw this.Hey All:

Just Got Back From Commerce,GA Home Of The SSHS Series!!!

Made A Few Shakedown Pass. Heres The Numbers!!!!

60' 1.498
330 3.923
1/8 5.957
MPH 121.22
1000 7.718
1/4 9.210
MPH 149.78

Weather Hot & About To Rain!!!!!

Folks There WILL BE A 8' Second Impala SS . Just A Little More Seat Time!!!

Superchargers SUCK, NOS BLOWS, & TURBO'S RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Ran IT. I Chit My Pants & I Want To Talk About IT!!!!!!!!!

Guess I'll Just Go FISHING Tommarrow!!!!!!!!

THE BADDER BOWTIE In Trainning!!!!!!!!

9.210 ET @ 149.78 MPH ~ 4,242# with my a$$ In It!!!
Your SSHS 2004 BIG DAWG CHAMPION!!!!!

LeadSSled
10-14-2007, 09:13 AM
I've had a couple of PMs concerning missing registration documents. I know that the registrations were sent via e-mail, not postal mail. I got mine a day after registering. There is what Norm posted on the Impala SS forum about missing registrations. Just send an e-mail to the address below with your info and they will take care of you.

"If you lost your registration, you will be forced to sit in the tower and listen to the announcer all day explain why you are being punished

Just email GASSITSSHS7@aol.com by 10/15/07 for a copy of up to 1 replacement, it will be emailed, after that it's $1,000 per copy

Norm"

PS - Obvioulsy (I hope), Norm's stated "penalties" are tongue-in-cheek. You just hafta know Norm. :D Send them an e-mail and they will fix you up.

Blackmobile
10-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I think everyone is missing an important question about the event.
Where is the nearest hand car wash in the area?

LeadSSled
10-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Where is the nearest hand car wash in the area?

I don't have first hand knowledge of the area, but I'll regurigitate what was posted on the Impala SS forum about car wash availability by a couple of the local GASSIT guys:

First Post by Bishop95SS:
"Also due the level 4 drought North Georgia is experiencing it may be next to impossible to wash a car before the event. A dirty car is a green car for the moment."

Response by Hagar (Norm Campli):
"The car washes are open, that's just Bishop huggin trees again..."

So I don't know what the real story is about car washing in Commerce.

glassman99
10-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Jackson County is under a total water ban. Car washes are banned. The track is in Banks conty, and I don't know the regulations there.

magindat
10-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Commercial car washes that recycle water or get it from a well are often exceptions to such bans (at least down here).

Hotrauder
10-15-2007, 08:01 AM
There is a car wash right on the main drag, both wand and touchless. Also there were hoses and a wash stations set up at Impy headquarters last year. No clue beyond that. I agree Eddie, new concept...green dirt. :rolleyes:Dennis

LeadSSled
10-18-2007, 08:22 AM
After the Mark vs MM shootout how about us old goats hookin' up. I got the far lane. See you Friday night about 5-6:00 PM.

Glenn - I'm about 95% sure that I can get away from here by mid to late morning on Friday. So I should be able to hit the track by 5-5:30 on Friday.

Bradley G
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Best of luck to all!
safe travels and take lots of pics!

sailsmen
10-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Most of the times I go to the track my car leaves filthy, particularly the rear fender panels.

I no longer make it a point to go to the track with a clean car. This way I don't have the distraction of trying to keep it clean at the track.

Zack
10-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Ill be ready, sort of...
I ordered Front and Rear Sways, and im cutting a coil out of the front for the BLUE MM.

Bluerauder
10-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Most of the times I go to the track my car leaves filthy, particularly the rear fender panels.

I no longer make it a point to go to the track with a clean car. This way I don't have the distraction of trying to keep it clean at the track.
One of the guys running at Mason-Dixon during MV V used pasty sheets that he stuck/tacked onto the lower rear fender panels (sort of like the windshield tear off sheets used in NASCAR). Seemed like a very good idea; but I can't remember who it was that did it. After racing, all he had to do was peel off the sheets. Anyone remember who this was and how it worked out??

MarauderTJA
10-19-2007, 04:49 PM

Billy, get a spray bottle of Geddex Burnout Guard. You spray it on the rear quarters, race all day and wash off the rubber easily with soap and water. Works great.

DEFYANT
10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Billy, get a spray bottle of Geddex Burnout Guard. You spray it on the rear quarters, race all day and wash off the rubber easily with soap and water. Works great.

Never heard of it. FLAPS have it?

1stMerc
10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Someone at Seymour said they wiped down the panels with dryer sheets before racing or doing burnout.

Pops
10-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Russ did that with some kind of contact paper. He is the one who one SC drag event. It worked good.

John Nero
10-19-2007, 06:29 PM
blue painters tape

MarauderTJA
10-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Never heard of it. FLAPS have it?

I got mine at centuryperformance.com . Just make sure to specify the pump bottle. The aerosol cans suck and you will be lucky to get one spray out of them.

fastblackmerc
10-19-2007, 08:28 PM

You can also use PAM vegetable oil spray on the rear quarters. Soap, water and a little elbow grease will get it all clean.

gamercfan
10-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Lots of fast moving metal:eek:

Any place for an old '69 X-100 429/C6?
With the 2.80 rear I may not be breaking the speed limit by the quarter:D

Didn't know if there are any old stockers to run against..(give them a chance to brag that they beat somebody!)

Bluerauder
10-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Russ did that with some kind of contact paper. He is the one who one SC drag event. It worked good.
Now, I remember .... he goes by "03mmmonroe" here. Thanks, John !!

MarauderTJA
10-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Lots of fast moving metal:eek:

Any place for an old '69 X-100 429/C6?
With the 2.80 rear I may not be breaking the speed limit by the quarter:D

Didn't know if there are any old stockers to run against..(give them a chance to brag that they beat somebody!)

Absolutely! There are several bracket classes where you can run your car. I am sure that many people, including myself, would love to see your car as well as watch it go down the 1320. I'll be bnnging a video camera..

MM03MOK
10-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Now, I remember .... he goes by "03mmmonroe" here. Thanks, John !!Russell...formerly 03mmcorpus

BigKahuna13
10-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Woo Hoo! Only a few more weeks.

Can't wait to see everyone there again.

Tssssssst. Tssssssssst.

Dennis Reinhart
10-21-2007, 08:20 AM
I will be there as well, this event has been around long before the 03 Marauder was ever built, in the past I had taken my Mark 8, it is great time for every one to enjoy, no matter what car you drive, or what mods you have done to the car, its a time to relax enjoy your friends. And watch some really fast cars, and its a time to put differences of opinions to the side, I know I am not going to be the fastest car there that is not why I am going, I am going to watch our cars as well as the other big cars to enjoy my friends and meet new ones as I have always done at all the past events, so I am looking forward to this. I hope every one has a safe drive to and from the event, I know we all will have a great time.

GASSIT1
10-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I just want to publically thank you for your direct sponsorship support for SSHS7!! The simple fact that the non-Impala community would step up is a what makes the Shootout such a unique and special event!

:beer:

It's going to be a great time for everyone, rumor is that the Fords and Mopars are going to gang up on us simple old taxi cab drivers!!:geezer:

T-minus 13 days!!

Norm

MM03MOK
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Thank you, Norm, for embracing Panthers at the Shootout! It is the pleasure of John's Stereo and MercuryMarauder.Net to sponsor the lunchtime BBQ. Mangia!!

Special thanks to Brian (FordNut), Steve (Glassman99) and Mike (GAMike) for all their efforts.

Have a great time, Y'all!!

:bunny2:

BigKahuna13
10-21-2007, 08:49 PM
I will be there as well, this event has been around long before the 03 Marauder was ever built, in the past I had taken my Mark 8, it is great time for every one to enjoy, no matter what car you drive, or what mods you have done to the car, its a time to relax enjoy your friends. And watch some really fast cars, and its a time to put differences of opinions to the side, I know I am not going to be the fastest car there that is not why I am going, I am going to watch our cars as well as the other big cars to enjoy my friends and meet new ones as I have always done at all the past events, so I am looking forward to this. I hope every one has a safe drive to and from the event, I know we all will have a great time.

That's what I'm talking about!

You MM guys bring the right attitude to the event. If all we cared about was going fast, we would be driving Camaro's and you MM guys would be driving Mustangs! We choose to go fast with class! Besides its a nice challenge trying to push these land barges down the track as fast as possible right?

Now don't get me wrong, the Impala guys enjoy the 7+ year head start in modding our cars with tons more parts to choose from, and we take full advantage of this. :banana: But even among Impala guys there is the battle to be fastest and it should be a good one this year. We have a low 9 sec Impala (Big Daddy John R in the Brandywine Impala) that will be cranking up the boost to hopefully go 8's and SSmitty in his new and as yet unpublished time 572 Caprice (he ran 9.71 last year and won Big Dog in his 'other' Impala the Cherry Bomb) and a few other unannounced cars.

The Hot Rod Lincoln will be there running 8's or 9's depending on how much ballast they add too so it should be another record setting low ET year. I hear all y'all have some tricks up your sleeves too?

BTW, thanks for the BBQ, although you may be sorry. Have you ever seen the size of most of us Impala slobs? :beer:

See everyone soon!

GASSIT1
10-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Just a reminder, in the morning, weather permitting of course...Everyone should already be doing their warm and dry weather dance :banana2:

You can grudge race, none of those pesky weight rules, just pick a victim and go ;) !!!

Like last year, we are going to do or best pair up mixed makes and models so everyone gets to beat that other guy in the ugly car...:lol:

Norm

magindat
10-22-2007, 08:59 AM
That's what I'm talking about!

BTW, thanks for the BBQ, although you may be sorry. Have you ever seen the size of most of us Impala slobs? :beer:

See everyone soon!

Why do you think WE drive big cars?! DUH?! :argue: :beer:

Like last year, we are going to do or best pair up mixed makes and models so everyone gets to beat that other guy in the ugly car...:lol:

Norm

BIG is BEAUTIFUL!!!!;)

GreekGod
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
We don't need no STINK'N PAM::bandit:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/files/2/1/9/0/MdMxRubr001_549445.jpg

GASSIT1
10-22-2007, 01:59 PM
:beatnik:Hi folks

I have started an Official SSHS7 News and Updates thread on the Impala Forum, it has some helpful information on it regarding logistics, etc as we start the ramping up process. I beleive you do not need to be a member to view it.

Official SSHS7 News and Updates: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=184935

Please take a look at the updated information about Friday pre-registration, the BurnOut Contest, Trophy List, and the staging lane setups

Also the website is being kept up to date. www.sshs7.com (http://www.sshs7.com)

...that is all....

Norm

sailsmen
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks to GASSIT for putting this event together.

I am impressed that the staging lanes are being posted in advance.

If I am in Class C does the following apply?
Test Tune Time Trials - Lanes 2, 3, 5 & 6
Bracket Rounds >40 Cars - Lanes 5 & 6
Bracket Rounds 40 Cars - When Class Called Lanes 4 & 5.

If I am already registered is there any need or advanage to go to the Holiday Inn on 11-2-07 from 6-9pm?

Class E aka Big Dawg aka BD?

Is it possible to post the time results of all the eliminations for each class?

Thanks,

BigKahuna13
10-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Why do you think WE drive big cars?! DUH?!

BIG is BEAUTIFUL!!!!;)

Hey I was just being polite. I'm new around here.

I've seen some of the local Long Island MM drivers. Let's just say none of them made me think of Ghandi.

GASSIT1
10-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks to GASSIT for putting this event together.

I am impressed that the staging lanes are being posted in advance.

If I am in Class C does the following apply?
Test Tune Time Trials - Lanes 2, 3, 5 & 6
Bracket Rounds >40 Cars - Lanes 5 & 6
Bracket Rounds 40 Cars - When Class Called Lanes 4 & 5.

If I am already registered is there any need or advanage to go to the Holiday Inn on 11-2-07 from 6-9pm?

Class E aka Big Dawg aka BD?

Is it possible to post the time results of all the eliminations for each class?

Thanks,

Give this man a beer, thank you for running yourself as an example through my mad plan :rock:

Class E = Big Dawg=BD

The Holiday Inn would be advantagious for you as we are attempting to get the tech cards and distribute them so you can fill them out before you arrive on Saturday, BUT this is not necessary, just a way to get more admin done, you are pre-registered, there is also the social aspect of it you may enjoy...personally I look forward to meeting you all:D

Norm

merc
10-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Give this man a beer, thank you for running yourself as an example through my mad plan :rock:

Class E = Big Dawg=BD

The Holiday Inn would be advantagious for you as we are attempting to get the tech cards and distribute them so you can fill them out before you arrive on Saturday, BUT this is not necessary, just a way to get more admin done, you are pre-registered, there is also the social aspect of it you may enjoy...personally I look forward to meeting you all:D

Norm

Norm I am not pre-registered. Do I give blood at the gate and sign over my first born. Will you take my ex-wife as down payment ? What's the deal. :burnout:

GASSIT1
10-23-2007, 09:04 PM
You can register Friday night at the Holiday Inn or at the gate, same price as preregistered

Norm

magindat
10-24-2007, 07:38 AM
10 days and counting....

Pops
10-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Oil change on Friday and she is ready to go. See everyone next week. Its going to be great to put some faces with the names and to see what the Blue Oval guys have for them sneaky Impala guys!

Motorhead350
10-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I wish I knew about this before, but my car is in pieces right now. :mad2:

Paul T. Casey
10-29-2007, 08:58 AM

Perhaps the biggest most hyped event of the year, and you didn't know about it? :confused:

martyo
10-29-2007, 10:28 AM

Stop smoking the blunts and you will be all right.

2003 MIB
10-29-2007, 10:36 AM

You and your eye medicine...:rolleyes:

martyo
10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
You and your eye medicine...:rolleyes:

Medicinal purposes only....

MarauderTJA
10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Weather is looking great for Saturday. Low 70's:banana:.

TooManyFords
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM

Remember, it's Pufff, Puff, Pass...

:D

Blackmobile
10-29-2007, 04:11 PM

I'm really beginning to like this place:rasta:.

MarauderTJA
10-29-2007, 06:25 PM

I do remember those days, kinda miss them, and also had a "lot of fun." It seems like a long, long time ago. Yep, it was.:lol:

TooManyFords
10-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Medicinal purposes only....

Dr.Ochs, I think I'm coming down with Glaucoma... Can you help?

MarauderTJA
10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
John, it is very important to take care of you eyes. At our age it is all we have left.:lol:

Glenn
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
John:

Blew my posi this past weekend - getting it fixed with a new rear. If you break when you run me, I will store your MM in my gargage until it is fixed. I'll even give you a tenth at the light. See you Friday, I'm the olde man in the 4 door Merc sedan.

Glenn

martyo
10-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Thats Dr. Ochs, Esq. to you.

And yes, meet me under the bleachers at SSHS7, and I will hook you up!! :beatnik:

MarauderTJA
10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Thats Dr. Ochs, Esq. to you.

And yes, meet me under the bleachers at SSHS7, and I will hook you up!! :beatnik:

Now I have had two (2) cornea transplants in my life. Do I qaulify to meet under the bleachers? Need to make sure I take care of those peepers.

sailsmen
10-29-2007, 07:13 PM

"Don't Bogart that ......"

glassman99
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
The "old man" the the "GT" sticker on the window. Got to be good for a -.1:banana2:

Motorhead350
10-30-2007, 08:56 AM

Never tried it, never will.

BigKahuna13
10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Well with almost 2500 posts I could see how you missed this thread. :banana2:

Seriously, a lot of Impala guys whose cars are apart or "in progress" etc etc are coming down. My 94 big block 502 Impy is still being tuned and put back together. So am I staying at home and feel sorry for myself?

Hell no, I'm coming down in my lil old 13 sec 95 Impala and I'm gonna try and spray it into retirement! Oops I meant spray it into the low 12's.

A lot of people fly in to ATL, RENT FULL SIZE CARS, and race those. It's a whole crew of nuts, they write RENTAL RACING on the window and beat the snot out of the rentals. They aren't going to drive their Imp's all the way from California but they don't want to miss the fun so they abuse the rentals in the brackets. Just get a full size that will put you over 4000 lbs.

Keep a watch out for a couple of Lincoln Town Cars that say RENTAL RACING on them. LOL

KillJoy
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Rental + Juice = Fun :D

Just make sure you buy the insurance!!!

:rofl:

KillJoy

LeadSSled
10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
See you Friday, I'm the olde man in the 4 door Merc sedan.

Glenn - In case you missed my earlier post, I am planning to be at the dragway on Friday evening by 5:30 or so for Test & Tune. I've arranged for all of Friday off, so I can get there early enough to play on Friday night.

Paul T. Casey
10-30-2007, 12:30 PM
BigKahuna13
Impala SS Whore, Marauder Wannabe

I find this rather disturbing. I briefly met Mr. Kahuna once (though I doubt if he remembers :beer:) and have seen him post on the SS site. To think that he can so easily become a Marauder Wannabe. Maybe it's time to paint a bow tie on my Merc.

Glenn
10-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Terry:

I'll be in Commerce Friday night with or without my posi and ready to go. It will be just like last year - COLD and great for SCs. See you soon. It should be a great event for all.

Glenn

Motorhead350
10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Rental racing? Man I better remember this next year.

LeadSSled
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Unless another group picks this event up (subtle hint to the Southern Marauders), there won't be a "next year". The GASSIT folks have said that this is their last one as organizers. :(

LeadSSled
11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I am in Commerce at the Jameson. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Glenn? I just called over to the track and the event tonight (Friday) is a POINTS EVENT for their street legal car series. $20 for driven in cars and $30 for trailered in cars.

It is NOT a test and tune night like last year. It will be very difficult to pair up this evening for a match race. It would be much easier if Glenn and I pair up tomorrow in the run all day lane for the match.

I am leaning towards not heading over there at all tonight with a points event going on - I don't want to be there all night. The gates do not even open until 6PM. I"d like to get in touch with Glenn if possible so that I don't leave him hanging. Anybody know how to reach him?

merc
11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I am in Commerce at the Jameson. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Glenn? I just called over to the track and the event tonight (Friday) is a POINTS EVENT for their street legal car series. $20 for driven in cars and $30 for trailered in cars.

It is NOT a test and tune night like last year. It will be very difficult to pair up this evening for a match race. It would be much easier if Glenn and I pair up tomorrow in the run all day lane for the match.

I am leaning towards not heading over there at all tonight with a points event going on - I don't want to be there all night. The gates do not even open until 6PM. I"d like to get in touch with Glenn if possible so that I don't leave him hanging. Anybody know how to reach him?

You did the right thing by not going to the track. Tech check-in was over 45 min. and I was in line for over a hour waiting to get one run. :bigcry:

FordNut
11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
And junk kept blowing up, wetting down the track. Spent over an hour in the staging lanes waiting for track cleanup. But I was luckier than most, I got there before 6, got through tech before the lines grew, and actually got in 4 passes.

Glenn
11-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Terry:

SSHS7 was the best event ever. Great job by you and your Guys and Gals. My son Chris and I had a super time. Ran my best ever of 11.96. Had one run with a 1.57 60' time - unreal!

Glenn

sailsmen
11-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Congrats Glen! Thats a greattime!:banana2:

Enjoyed seeing you.

Bradley G
11-03-2007, 05:56 PM
WOW Glenn!
That's fantastic!

Smokie
11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know what this is about???
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=186602

It don't make us sound too good.

LeadSSled
11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Glen - that is an awesome ET - congrats! You would have killed me in a match race. I was running 12.60s all day today. I'll need the bottle if we line up next year. Nice job!

johnfain
11-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Glenn - very nice to see you, as always. You were kicking ass today. I recall you cutting some really low R/T's as well. Great driving.

Merc-O-matic
11-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Terry:

SSHS7 was the best event ever. Great job by you and your Guys and Gals. My son Chris and I had a super time. Ran my best ever of 11.96. Had one run with a 1.57 60' time - unreal!

Glenn

Glenn, Congratulations your "super time".......great run!
Wonder if those "mufflers" had anything to do with it?
AL

Gotta Love It!

MarauderTJA
11-03-2007, 07:47 PM
My best run was another 11.3 et, but I had to get out of it twice due to what I believe to be too low tire pressure on the slicks. Got real hairy two times during that run, once after the 1/8 mile when I let off and once about 200 feet before the traps where I coasted through. Felt like would have been a 10.7 run but didn't happen. But it will sooner or later. That's drag racing.

Going back to the pits I heard some rattlling and broke a tensioner:mad:. Zack, KIllJoy, John Nero and a couple of other Maraduer brethern helped out. Thanks guys:up:. Once I got it started the car was only running on what seemed 6 cylinders. Oil pressure was good, all plugs were checked and good. I think something in the valve train went. Last run of the day. On the trailer, heading home tomorrow morning at 7 AM. Will check it out this week. Hopefully nothing major.:depress:

Jerry Barnes car really kicked AZZ. You should have seen that baby run. Unreal....

The event was awesome. Met a lot of new Marauder members and had a great time, in spite of my misfortune. Hopefully it will happen again next year. I will be there. This is an event no one should miss if you love drag racing.

Bluerauder
11-04-2007, 06:19 AM
My best run was another 11.3 et, but I had to get out of it twice due to what I believe to be too low tire pressure on the slicks. ..... Oil pressure was good, all plugs were checked and good. I think something in the valve train went. Last run of the day. On the trailer, heading home tomorrow morning at 7 AM. Will check it out this week. Hopefully nothing major.:depress:
Great run, Tom. :up: +1 on hoping that it is not a major problem. Saw the video of Jerry's 10.473 run. Awesome !!! :burnout:

Glenn
11-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Tom:

Hope it is nothing serious in the engine. Good run even with the engine problem. Thanks again for the T-Shirts.

Glenn

FordNut
11-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know what this is about???

It don't make us sound too good.

The thread you linked to pretty much tells the story.

There were two 9-second Impalas there, they know the rules on NHRA license requirements and basically just ran through the 1/8th and coasted through the traps until their final runs of the day, then they let 'er rip. Those are some awesome machines. Eventually there will be some Marauders built like these cars.

The red one has twin turbos, pushes over 1000 hp, and still has full interior including door panels and functional power windows. It's a sweet ride.

Smokie
11-04-2007, 02:57 PM
The thread you linked to pretty much tells the story.

Brian when I asked the question it was before 9 this morning, there is far more information now.:)

FordNut
11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Brian when I asked the question it was before 9 this morning, there is far more information now.:)

Cool.

We missed you.

MarauderTJA
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Glad you guys liked the t-shirts. Also, they were other Marauders that hit the :bows:11's there. I know who you are but feel you should post up here. Congratulations to all of you Marauder guys (and not to leave out our friend John Kuhn's GM) that made 11's, beat your personal best and the rest of you for drag racing:up:. For all of the Marauders racing as well as those in attendance everyone showed the Chevy boys were are into drag racing for the long run. :beer:

MarauderTJA
11-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Wish you could have made it Javier....A great time. You were missed.

merc
11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Tom I have a picture of your car on my SSHS7 site

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/Site/SSHS7.html#grid

It's the last picture.

GASSIT1
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
OK, who else got a damn sunburn on Saturday?!!
Thanks]
The weather was brilliant and we had just a single breakdown and did not have a single track-delay the entire day, other than maybe me when I ran out of gas under the tower…:mad2:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p>
<font size=" /><o:p></o:p>
The competition and the cars were the best ever, I am not aware of any other event of this kind where the cars run this fast and folks can get so many passes. I think it’s pretty apparent that we are in a new level of “fast” big cars and I think that is a good thing, any event has to adapt to change, the shootout is no different. I find it very rewarding that so many folks either in conversation or in forum postings describe their best performances happening at the Shootout events.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I hope everyone had a good BBQ lunch from Frank’s BBQ Stand, it was the first time that was done at a Shootout, and thanks to the very hard work of the Southern Marauders, John’s Stereo and MercuryMarauder.net, I think the experiment of bringing in an additional lunch choice to the track concession-stand was a big success. It should be noted that concessions are contractually excluded from our agreement so the “Lunch Lady Team” had to start from scratch with getting this done on time and on budget.<o:p></o:p>
On behalf of GASSIT and myself a very special thanks the Mercury Marauder community for the beautiful plaque, it is an extraordinary memento for our club and me. It will be hung up in my office with pride between the Muscle Car and Hooter’s Girls calendars. :beer: It is noteworthy that based on tech cards, the Mercury Marauder community made up 40% of the total competitors this year, that is the highest percentage EVER. The Mopar community made its strongest showing ever as well, and that sublime charger was the first car to be seen in the fog of the morning…LOL… I think this is even more proof that the shootout continues to grow and evolve with all those folks who have to buy big cars but don’t want “automotive appliances”.<o:p></o:p>
Another big thank you to all those that bought 50/50 ticket’s and T-shirts, it’s not a surprise that these are so helpful to us in managing the event, I was particularly proud of the T-****s this year, they were the best we have ever done, Blake Werner and Kelly Munsey of GASSIT and SmokinSS did a great job with them. Because there was A LOT of inquiries about those pink t-shirts, I’ll explain that they were a single run given to the GASSIT spouses and significant others that have tirelessly performed all those unglamorous tasks with the shootouts over the years.<o:p></o:p>
Regarding the Big Dawg final, it is no secret that Big John and I are long time friends, we live in the same town, known each other for years, he has been a mentor to me as I mess about in my race car adventures and a driving force in the founding of GASSIT and the SSHS events. John is intense and competitive; he gets to the point like high velocity ammunition gets through glass. It was the worse case scenario for me personally in the six years doing SSHS events and 7 years leading GASSIT. I was lucky in that we had good communications setup on the ground, got all the information as to what happened very quickly and we had GASSIT board members together at the time in the tower. I knew John came to SSHS7 after a lot of hard work getting the Bad Bowtie looking and running stronger than ever, he came to make a statement. He was exceptionally successful as THE SSHS7 competitor, in the end he missed a technical requirement that cost him a trophy, but not the respect and admiration of me personally and all the people that saw him run. If the situation was reversed, and the Marauder team missed the scale, I would have made the same type of decision and ruling. The fact is; that the Marauder team’s protest was not the reason the decision was discovered to be needed, the review had already started.<o:p></o:p>
A final tip of the hat to the INC crew, it’s easy to post; could, would, should… these guys brought real numbers with them, got organized, crashed the gate in style and proceeded to have a damn good car show in the middle of it all. They single handedly reopened the previous closed decision about putting a car show back as part of the Shootout, well done gentlemen!<o:p></o:p>
I apologize for the novel. We ended early because I think we tired everyone out, the staging lanes were simply empty towards the end, but as Doug Wood said, I’m turning out the lights on SSHS7…Thank you all and keep posting those pics and vids!<o:p></o:p>
Norm

XXL-VETE
11-05-2007, 01:55 AM
Just for the record; for those not at SSHS7 .. There was no one at the scales all day .. NO ONE ! so driving over the scales with no one there to read it means what? .. When someone protested the PT Cruiser for not making weight it was announced over the PA for him to report to the scales after his next run AND STAY THERE ! so he did and I waited with him almost 10 Minutes for someone in the tower to come look .. 4010 lb. … Why wasn’t Big John given the same courtesy ? And please tell me who Affricated the Marauders weight and what was it? It’s easy to drive over a scale with no one there to read it.. what’s the point ? why wasn’t John allowed to just take the car back to the scales and weigh it? There is nothing loose in his car that could have been removed to lighten his car. Please show me how to make a full interior Impala with factory sheet metal, door panels, glass, WORKING power windows, Full roll cage twin turbo’s and parachutes weigh under 4000 lb. John’s car weighs more then 4000 lb with out the driver and he’s not call “Big John” just because he’s real Fast ;)
Everyone knows his car makes the weight. EVERYONE ! Then when it’s announced that John is disqualified at the awards ceremony and the Marauder is the winner .. he’s not even there to get the trophy .. 5 minutes we wait for him to mosey on over to pick up his great win … Pathetic ! Then he makes this lame attempt of sportsmanship by saying “we all know who really won” THEN WHY EVEN PROTEST ? YES we all know who really won! The Marauder bunch as a whole is one great bunch of guys and love hanging out with them and love having them there .. I had; HAD great respect for the Trilogy camp for what they brought and what they accomplished till they pull this B.S. ! I hope you NEVER come back to SSHS# ! This has always been a good friendly rivalry till you Winnie babies showed up.. it’s not about the $5 plastic trophy ; it’s about friendly rivalry and mutual respect, You not only lost the race you lost all respect !

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P< p O:P<>Congratulations

<O:P< font O:P< O:P<O:P<>

Kenny<O:P< font O:P<>

<O:P< font O:P<>

P.S. All the rest of you Marauder guys… can’t wait to see you at SSHS8 !!

</SPAN>

</O:P<></O:P<></O:P<></O:P<>

MarauderTJA
11-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Tom I have a picture of your car on my SSHS7 site

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/Site/SSHS7.html#grid

It's the last picture.

Now THAT has to be on my desktop!!! Get back to me with ASAP with that. Great shot:up:.

merc
11-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Now THAT has to be on my desktop!!! Get back to me with ASAP with that. Great shot:up:.

Send me a E-mail address that I can send your picture to. The size is large format and it's a 2.4 meg file.

GAMike
11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey guys~ I wanna say a big thank you to Norm from GASSIT(For letting us crash his party), Mary, and John from mm.net (who worked to sponsor a very well recieved BBQ lunch within the SSHS7), Steve (Glassman99) and Brian(Fordnut) for putting it together.

It was a great event capped by a awesome presentation of trophies and awards. "The last dance" is the benchmark for all big car events of the future:burnout:

Thanks again you guys:bows: You were a pleasure to work with.

Best regards,

Pops
11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the pat on the back Mike! It was nice to meet you. Norm you are the man and have my respect.

sailsmen
11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I don't have the rule book so I do not know the protocols. I have been in similar situations in other competitive sports on several occasions.

What I have actually done is;

spoken with the competitor about the infraction and given them an opportunity to correct it or admit the infraction w/out filing a protest - particularly when the infraction had no bearing on the outcome

with drawn from a race when I unknowingly violated a rule

filed a protest and subsequently with drawn it when the competitor corrected/acknowledged the infraction

at the award ceremony given the trophy to the competitor announcing he is the winner and give them the trophy.

Everyone one who was there knows who the SSHS7 Big Dawg is.

You only file a protest for 2 reasons, 1) to have the other guy tossed and 2) to preserve your right to have the other guy tossed.

We were invited to SSHS7 by GASSIT as their guest. This was the last SSHS event. GASSIT has stated they will no longer sponsor the event.

O's Fan Rich
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Does anyone read all the posts?
Their guy's ( GASSIT ), the ones who organized the event, realized BEFORE any protest or comment was made by Trilogy, that there was an infraction and that the DQ was in order.
It was gonna happen even if no one else said anything, because they are stand up guys. ( except I still don't understand the PT Cruiser being there... I suppose they are rear wheel drive?)

No one was whining or crying or whatever. I bet even the driver/owner, John R. ( I have not met him) who has a wicked fast 4 door that clearly won the race ( what amazes me is that he kept out of it enough NOT to run a 9 before the final... that is self control!:2thumbs:) was smacking himself on the forehead over this one.
The only thing he lost was a trophy.
In the MM circle though, the Trilogy Marauder is still King of the Hill. Now.... if only we could get a big block in one.....

Blackmobile
11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Send me a E-mail address that I can send your picture to. The size is large format and it's a 2.4 meg file.

Hey Tom, If you want you can forward it to me and I can see about getting a big print out of it.

the Trilogy Marauder is still King of the Hill. Now.... if only we could get a big block in one.....

Ya never know?

FordNut
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
( except I still don't understand the PT Cruiser being there... I suppose they are rear wheel drive?)

I think they're front drive but next year that should be addressed based on some of the GASSIT conversations. According to NHRA rules, ballast should be securely fastened, so sandbags shouldn't be allowed either.

Now.... if only we could get a big block in one.....

How about a 5.4 DOHC from a GT500 or Navigator? It would still be a modular.

Not sure if we got to talk, Rich. I met so many people I can't remember them all. I did see your car, it really looks good. Looked over the Snow Performance system a little. How is it working for you? Glad you made it.

sailsmen
11-05-2007, 05:02 PM
I was a participant and I read the posts. The "Trilogy guys" filed a protest.

Zack
11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Regardless of who went home with the trophy, just remember everyone went home in one piece and with fond memories.

O's Fan Rich
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I think they're front drive but next year that should be addressed based on some of the GASSIT conversations. According to NHRA rules, ballast should be securely fastened, so sandbags shouldn't be allowed either.

How about a 5.4 DOHC from a GT500 or Navigator? It would still be a modular.

Not sure if we got to talk, Rich. I met so many people I can't remember them all. I did see your car, it really looks good. Looked over the Snow Performance system a little. How is it working for you? Glad you made it.

Yep, we met Brian!
I'm the big bald fat guy in the white pants.

FordNut
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Yep, we met Brian!
I'm the big bald fat guy in the white pants.

Most of those descriptors fit many folks, but the white pants gives it away! Glad to have met you, hope SSHS7 lived up to your expectations!

O's Fan Rich
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I was a participant and I read the posts. The "Trilogy guys" filed a protest.

Yeah, that's the easy part to say.
Here's a quote from the SS site:
OK let me tell you the real story.

I am the voice of SSHS and was in the tower when this happened.

The scale watcher told me that John had passed by the scales after the winning run. Now this is the important.

I WAS AWARE OF THE INFRACTION BEFORE THE FORD BOYS LAUNCHED A PROTEST!

I knew what was coming, and Norm and I knew what the outcome would be. John is one of our own and is the race director. We race by NHRA rules and to bend them would smack of, well you know.

John won the race, we all saw what. But we could not, in good conscious, give him the win.

That said, what did happen was true sportsmanship. Both men shook hands in the end.

Jim Bishop

PS reminder for next year, yes you do need a license for a 9 sec pass.

Now, what that says to me is that protest or not, the stand up guys from GASSIT would have called it the same way even if there were no protest.

But, then again, this is a good way to bash Jerry Barnes and Trilogy, eh? So why not.

O's Fan Rich
11-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Here's the thread link on the SS forum

Dennis Reinhart
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I got home Sunday, I had a great time, the weather was perfect the lunch was awesome, the company was even better. I enjoyed talking and meeting all of you, I drove a 08 F250 6.0 Diesel there with a enclosed trailer it averaged 7.2 MPG :bigcry: it cost more for gas than it did to rent it, I got there Thursday and Friday morning we all got up and went to Helen Ga for there October fest then we came back for test and tune Friday, I could not get the car to hook at all, Saturday morning was the same I had to get out of it twice, but by noon I was able to get some traction I ran Sherman his dial in was 11.60 mine was 11.83 he ran 11.844 at 100.76 MPH I ran 11.706 at 117.80 and I broke out, I did not buy back in but a hour later I ran 11.617 at 119.57 MPH:banana:so Jerry B was top dog, Marauder TJA was next, Sherman followed up after that and I followed with the 11.6, I am going to Gainesville Wednesday I am hoping to get the car in a low 11, just enough for them to toss me for no cage, I will post up some pictures in the next few days I want to say thanks to all those members that showed up and I got a chance to speak to.

KillJoy
11-05-2007, 05:32 PM
DR - Your buddy Ed is a TRIP! Get that boy a MM, and bring him to more events!!

HA!

KillJoy

MarauderTJA
11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I got home Sunday, I had a great time, the weather was perfect the lunch was awesome, the company was even better. I enjoyed talking and meeting all of you, I drove a 08 F250 6.0 Diesel there with a enclosed trailer it averaged 7.2 MPG :bigcry: it cost more for gas than it did to rent it, I got there Thursday and Friday morning we all got up and went to Helen Ga for there October fest then we came back for test and tune Friday, I could not get the car to hook at all, Saturday morning was the same I had to get out of it twice, but by noon I was able to get some traction I ran Sherman his dial in was 11.60 mine was 11.83 he ran 11.844 at 100.76 MPH I ran 11.706 at 117.80 and I broke out, I did not buy back in but a hour later I ran 11.617 at 119.57 MPH:banana:so Jerry B was top dog, Marauder TJA was next, Sherman followed up after that and I followed with the 11.6, I am going to Gainesville Wednesday I am hoping to get the car in a low 11, just enough for them to toss me for no cage, I will post up some pictures in the next few days I want to say thanks to all those members that showed up and I got a chance to speak to.

Give it hell on Wedinesday night Dennis.

sailsmen
11-05-2007, 06:23 PM
The "Trilogy Guys" filed a protest to get the other guy pitched.

It's clear to me many of the participants are upset over the "Trilogy Guys" filing the protest. Not the outcome of the protest.

I am not bashing anybody, stating the facts, they speak for themselves.

Budman
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
From what i have read,the outcome was reached before any protest.Rules are rules,no matter hor you look at them.The other guy (Impala)was fast as hell,but did not follow through,bummer for him.Trilogy seems to be # 1!!!!!!!

GAMike
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
The best thing to do here is to not split hairs. We got a damn fine opportunity to get past some serious BS. The GASSIT folks had already made up their mind before anyone could have/would have protested........

Let the subject die....... Time would be better spent on remembering all the good times had at the event, and what plans you have to better your ET's next year.

It involved none of us, so we should not harp on it like it did. Let it go....:beer:

chader
11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I suspect,the driving past the scales was on purpose.If you get warned once for running sub 10.0,the second time will be a auto DQ..if you drive past the scale on your second sub 10.0 run at least you have a chance not to get in *****?I'm sure the car weighed over 4000lbs the driver just did not want to face the music----IMO.

prchrman
11-06-2007, 04:53 AM
First off I haven't posted on here in some time but in the spirit of what I believe was started in mending some bridges (even Zack was nice from what I understand) I will post up on this...First if you have never been to a SSHS you have missed the best IMHO...I have went for 5 years and was with the original handful that started in 03...Second GASSIT does a great job and is to commended on what they have accomplished, truly a class act group of people and without them this event is non existent, period...Third without the Marauders bellying up to the bar last year and saying they were going to return in force SSHS7 would not have happened and that is from the GASSIT people...Forth the reason alot of MM people showed up was because they wanted to run but others like myself showed up to watch Jerry's World Record Holding Marauder and others run, without Jerry and his bunch showing there would have been a void at SSHS7 for sure and could have really hurt the organizers in the funds dept...Fifth Big John in his SS was not the fastest SS there, another guy ran a 9.00 at the end of the day and got tossed, why because he did not have a license, so Big John was not the only one who got DQed for whatever reason and also Big John ran a 9.80 earlier in the day and he did not get tossed and he does not have a 9 sec. license, so you see all is not clear...Sixth Don W. was driving Jerry's car and he started the ball rolling on the scale thing but it was already in progress from the tower, Jerry did not generate the protest but IMHO (and do not know for sure) but Jerry being a standup guy he is, backed his man, like I say this is what I believe, with that being said even if you disagree with what happened you probably have not spent the money, time and sweat in your car that Jerry's has and then drove down all the way from the God forsaken frozen country of Michigan to compete in an event to see someone step on the rules and win, so until you are there I suggest you let it go unless you are just going to be cantankerous...Seventh I am not a Jerry crony or anyone else's and have no dog in this with the exception that I was there and saw what happened and wanted to shed some light on it, so some of you keep stirring because that is what you are good at...OBTW howdy all...willie

GouldPhoto
11-06-2007, 05:08 AM
I don't want to jump into any of this discussion :), just want to let everyone know the photos from the event are up. It was another well run, fun event. Hope there is a next one.

http://www.gouldphoto.com/Drag%20Racing%202007/406620

Steve

LeadSSled
11-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Big John in his SS was not the fastest SS there, another guy ran a 9.00 at the end of the day and got tossed, why because he did not have a license, so Big John was not the only one who got DQed for whatever reason and also Big John ran a 9.80 earlier in the day and he did not get tossed and he does not have a 9 sec. license, so you see all is not clear

Willie - I'm not going to feed the DQ debate. At this point it is water over thr bridge and I don't think that we should let it negatively impact either the event or the very good relationship between most of the Marauder community and most of the B-body community. There will always be someone in both camps stirring the pot, but let's try not to take the bait.

However I can clear up some of your confusion about what happened with the sub-10 second passes. When John ran the 9.83 earlier in the day, the track officials were not at all pleased with it (because he does not hold the requisite NHRA license). After that run, he was told that if he did it again, he would be escorted from the property. So John peddled the car all day to win rounds and stay above 10.00 on his ET. But for his final pass, he let it hang out a little bit. The event was over after that pass and being escorted from the track was no longer a concern. The result was a 9.43 pass after shutting off early.

As for the other 9-second car, it is a different animal. While John's car weighs in at over 4200 lbs. without ballast, the white Caprice is just over 3000 lbs. He did not compete in the big dog competition because he did not want to load up with 1000 lbs. of ballast. He was just there to play in the run all-day lanes and put on a show for us. As with John, Smitty's fastest pass was his last of the day. After the 9.00 @155 mph, he would have been tossed if he tried to run again without the NHRA license. Both drivers have promised to have that NHRA license for SSHS8 next year.

Also for clarity: nobody was DQed for running too fast. The DQ was made for failing to stop at the scales to verify minimum weight requirements. If the driver had run a 7-second pass and been banned from the track, the run still would have counted for the SSHS competition.

Terry

prchrman
11-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Willie - I'm not going to feed the DQ debate. At this point it is water over thr bridge and I don't think that we should let it negatively impact either the event or the very good relationship between most of the Marauder community and most of the B-body community. There will always be someone in both camps stirring the pot, but let's try not to take the bait.

However I can clear up some of your confusion about what happened with the sub-10 second passes. When John ran the 9.83 earlier in the day, the track officials were not at all pleased with it (because he does not hold the requisite NHRA license). After that run, he was told that if he did it again, he would be escorted from the property. So John peddled the car all day to win rounds and stay above 10.00 on his ET. But for his final pass, he let it hang out a little bit. The event was over after that pass and being escorted from the track was no longer a concern. The result was a 9.43 pass after shutting off early.

As for the other 9-second car, it is a different animal. While John's car weighs in at over 4200 lbs. without ballast, the white Caprice is just over 3000 lbs. He did not compete in the big dog competition because he did not want to load up with 1000 lbs. of ballast. He was just there to play in the run all-day lanes and put on a show for us. As with John, Smitty's fastest pass was his last of the day. After the 9.00 @155 mph, he would have been tossed if he tried to run again without the NHRA license. Both drivers have promised to have that NHRA license for SSHS8 next year.

Also for clarity: nobody was DQed for running too fast. The DQ was made for failing to stop at the scales to verify minimum weight requirements. If the driver had run a 7-second pass and been banned from the track, the run still would have counted for the SSHS competition.

Terry

Thanks Terry for the reply and for SSHS7...I agree and am not trying to fuel the fire and I hope you will understand...some are bashing each other for what ever reason and like you I think it water under the bridge...It was a great event, the best I have been to and hope it continues next year with all the big 3 car makers represented well...lets face facts people turn out to see Chevy vs Ford vs Mopar when if left to our own racing each other it is just not as fun...again thanks Terry for more info and great job, great event and see you next year...willie

MarauderTJA
11-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Hey Tom, If you want you can forward it to me and I can see about getting a big print out of it.

Ya never know?

Thanks Ed. Merc is going to e-mail the picture and once I get it I will forward it to you. I would love a poster of that burnout. Merc used a high quality/meg camera forthe pictures, so it should look great.

jdando
11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
I don't want to jump into any of this discussion :), just want to let everyone know the photos from the event are up. It was another well run, fun event. Hope there is a next one.

http://www.gouldphoto.com/Drag%20Racing%202007/406620

Steve

Who's Marauder is that? That looked like a pretty serious burn out!:bows:

jeremy

merc
11-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Who's Marauder is that? That looked like a pretty serious burn out!:bows:

jeremy

Defyant's Marauder

FordNut
11-06-2007, 07:39 AM
And it was by far the best burnout. But since the burnout contest is all about the show, the red and yellow smoke won the trophy.

There was so much rubber piled up behind Charlie's car I thought they would have to pull him out with a wrecker!

magindat
11-06-2007, 07:46 AM
And Mr. Red and Yellow actually had to pull into/drive over Charlie still smoking hunks of rubber!!!!!!

Zack
11-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Defyant's burnout was impressive to say the least.
He drove past me and All I smelled was brakes.

Charlie, you dont have a line lock, do you?

Dennis Reinhart
11-06-2007, 07:54 AM

Terry

Thanks Terry, and now as Paul Harvey says, you know the rest of the story.

MERCMAN
11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
How did the MOPAR contingent fare at the track? Just curious as to how they compared to the times of the Marauders.

merc
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
How did the MOPAR contingent fare at the track? Just curious as to how they compared to the times of the Marauders.

I saw one in the 14 second group the other was a little faster.

LeadSSled
11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't know for sure what the fastest Mopar ran, but I know that one of them ran a 12.8 pass. That is what was reported on the LXForum. seems like the stock R/Ts were running around 14.2s and the SRT8s were running around 13.2s.

MERCMAN
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
So a MM with bolt-on mods could hold their own with a stock R/T? How are the legs on the R/T?

LeadSSled
11-06-2007, 08:31 PM
So a MM with bolt-on mods could hold their own with a stock R/T? How are the legs on the R/T?

What do you mean by "legs"? Top speed or trap speed? Something else?

I know that my wife has an 05 Magnum R/T and it will flat spank a stock 94-96 Impala SS by at least a second in the 1/4 mile. Of course it is 10 year newer technology too.

MERCMAN
11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
What do you mean by "legs"? Top speed or trap speed? Something else?

I know that my wife has an 05 Magnum R/T and it will flat spank a stock 94-96 Impala SS by at least a second in the 1/4 mile. Of course it is 10 year newer technology too.

My bad, by legs I am referring to the MM's ability to pull away from most cars once it gets into the powerband with the DOHC. Is the R/T able to pull as the MM does?

chader
11-06-2007, 08:54 PM
they are pretty consistant with 13.9-14.1

LeadSSled
11-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I really don't know what a bolt-on modded Marauder will run. I found an archived article online for a Car and Driver test of an 03 Marauder and it says 15.5 at 91 mph in the 1/4-mile bone stock. Does this sound correct? A similar C&D review of an 05 Charger R/T says 14.2 sec @ 101 mph. That is a pretty stout mph, so it must be pulling pretty good on the top end.

sailsmen
11-06-2007, 09:09 PM
The best stock Marauder that I am aware of in cool Canadian air ran 14.5. With a chip, pulleys and 4:10 gears I ran 14.2.

GAMike
11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I really don't know what a bolt-on modded Marauder will run. I found an archived article online for a Car and Driver test of an 03 Marauder and it says 15.5 at 91 mph in the 1/4-mile bone stock. Does this sound correct? A similar C&D review of an 05 Charger R/T says 14.2 sec @ 101 mph. That is a pretty stout mph, so it must be pulling pretty good on the top end.

I a virgin on a legal 1/4 mile with my mods ran a 14.73 @ 94mph, with a .454 reaction time Saturday....... My guess is with a better reaction time I could be a 14.5 car.... I take solace in that my Marauder even with all the mods I have done is still $6,000 cheaper than the Charger R/T I was looking at in 2006:beer: Chargers are nice, and they are quick tho no question. Oh and they do have legs up top. I have run more than a few from 100 to....:D

teamrope
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM

These cars needed to have a few miles put on them before they reached their potential. Somewhere around 5000 miles was where they woke up as I recall.

There are a few of us that hit 14.7 with nothing more than a tune, no other changes made. I got down to a 14.01 @ 99 MPH with a CAI, under-drive pullies Lidio's 100 octane tune tune and Sunoco 100 octane race fuel before I got the supercharger.

sailsmen
11-07-2007, 05:37 AM
I a virgin on a legal 1/4 mile with my mods ran a 14.73 @ 94mph, with a .454 reaction time Saturday....... My guess is with a better reaction time I could be a 14.5 car.... I take solace in that my Marauder even with all the mods I have done is still $6,000 cheaper than the Charger R/T I was looking at in 2006:beer: Chargers are nice, and they are quick tho no question. Oh and they do have legs up top. I have run more than a few from 100 to....:D

R/T and ET are not related.

R/T is the time from when the lite goes green and your tires break the lite cells. ET is the elapsed time from the time your tires break the lite cells at the start until the lite cells are broken at the finish.

Many get their best ET by concentrating on the launch and not the tree resulting in a slow reaction time.

GAMike
11-07-2007, 10:05 AM
R/T and ET are not related.

R/T is the time from when the lite goes green and your tires break the lite cells. ET is the elapsed time from the time your tires break the lite cells at the start until the lite cells are broken at the finish.

Many get their best ET by concentrating on the launch and not the tree resulting in a slow reaction time.

Well like I said Sail.....I was a ";)Virgin". No claims of the science of drag racing coming from me...... Now if ya wanna road race or rally...Woopie:banana:

BTW~I had no problems hooking, and was on 93 octane.