PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Trade My Immaculate Mustang Bullitt for 03/04 Marauder

Professor
05-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Hi folks. I have a 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT in Dark Highland Green (one of about 3000 in this color) that I want to trade for a Mercury Marauder. I love my Bullitt (more about it in a second), but I have two kids (one being a newborn boy) and the Mustang just doesn't have enough room. The Marauder is a nice compromise between the performance of the Mustang and the practicality of a Marquis. I would be willing to trade (we can negotiate whether some additional cash on my part needs to change hands - i.e. the Bullitt plus some cash for a Marauder) for any 2003 or 2004 Marauder with less than 45,000 miles that has been cared for by a enthusiast. The closer to stock the better and I would entertain all colors.

Now, more about the Bullitt. As most of you, being car enthusiasts, probably know, the Bullitt edition Mustang GT was a limited edition tribute to the 1968 Mustang GT driven by Steve McQueen in the classic car chase movie Bullitt. Ford produced 5800 of these, only in 2001. Most are in the more desirable Dark Highland Green (the same color as the McQueen car), though a few are in True Blue (about 800 units) and Black (about 1200 units). Only Dark Highland Green was unique to the Bullitt and no other Mustang has been available in that color since. The Bullitt edition is more than a set of emblems, it is a substantially different car from a Mustang GT. Ford consulted with Jack Roush to design a car that had both increased power and handling prowess over the standard GT. The Bullitt is lowered by 1 inch (with improved spring rates) compared to the GT and includes several specific suspension modifications including bigger sway bars unique to the Bullitt, revalved Tokico adjustable gas shocks, wider tires, subframe connectors (frame rail connectors). The brakes are 13 inch rotors clamped by Brembo calipers (with a unique Cardinal red color and Mustang pony emblems). The car has increased hp and torq ratings over the standard GT of 275hp/315ft-lbs respectively. The exhausts are unique to the Bullitt GT which are specially tuned to acheive the notorious "Bullitt sound" with rolled exhaust tips. An upgraded Tremec 5-speed was the only tranny available. Though mine has never been to the drag strip, Car Enthusiast magazines have gotten a range of quarter mile times from 13.56 to 14.10 from brand new bone stock Bullitts depending on the driver. The exterior has several features that are unique to the Bullitt including a unique C-pillar, unique quarter window glass, unique side-scoops, unique rocker moldings, brushed aluminum fuel filler door, Bullitt badgng, blacked out grilled coral, clearcoat paint under the hood and a delete of the rear spoiler. Like the Marauder, the interior is a throwback to 60's musclecars with a "heritage instrument cluster" (unique to the Bullitt), brushed aluminum accents (pedals, shifter ball, shifter ring, door lock soldiers, sill plates (that say Bullitt), uniquely stitched charcoal leather seats, serialized special edition identification. Overall, the package was a $3,700 addition to the standard GT (most were sold at a premium over MSRP). There was only one option, the Mach 460 sound system with 6 CD changer (which mine has).

My Bullitt is number 4026 and has 41,000 miles. I am the second owner. The original owner bought it in western NC and had it serviced entirely at the dealer with all records. It has been garaged its entire life. I am a Professor in Eastern North Carolina and keep the car garaged driving it once or twice a week. The paint is immaculate and absent of dings and scratches. The car is basically stock with performance modifications limited to a Hurst Pro-billet Plus shifter mechanism, a hurst shifter stalk and classic musclecar white shifter ball (the original shifter stalk and brushed alumininum ball will be provided to the new owner). Cosmetically, the only changes that have been made include tasteful billet aluminum touches on the interior (HVAC controls, wiper stalk, headlight knob & radio knob). Modifications to the exterior are limited to a chin spoiler from the Mach 1 edition of the Mustang and brushed aluminum bumper inserts on the rear bumper. The interior is immaculate with no rips or tears or obvious signs of wear. I do not eat or drink in the car and it is a non-smoker of a car. The car is tight with no squeaks or rattles and runs like new. It gets only synthetic oil and 93 octane Amoco fuel. Though I have ran the car at WOT a handful of times, I usually shift at around 2000 to 2500 rpms in all gears. Just listening to her unique grumble is enough for me.

I looked all over the country for this car and saw cars with far less mileage that weren't in half as good of shape. If I told you that it had only 10,000 miles on it, you would believe it in a heart beat. I love this car and hate to get rid of it. The wife is just not amenable to getting a third car for no more miles than I drive and the Mustang just isn't comfortable for my 7 year old daughter and newborn boy.

Contact me via e-mail and I'll entertain all reasonable trade proposals (Marauder for Bullitt ... not interested in other vehicles or trade property). I am partial to silver Marauders, but also like the other colors. Lower mileage is more appealing for obvious reasons. Not interested in highly modified (i.e. supercharged) Marauders though have no problem with most bolt ons (e.g., gears, CAI, exhausts, etc.).

Pictures of my Stang follow (and they don't do the car justice)-More higher resolution images are available via e-mail:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt09.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt12.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt11.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt02.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt07.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt03.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt14.jpg

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 06:23 AM
I might be interested....I've always wanted a Bullitt. I can't see the pics since I'm at work. Could you email them to me? raudermasterdohc@gmail.com

DEFYANT
05-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Man that is a nice car!! If I was stock, I'd be considering....

Professor
05-10-2007, 06:58 AM
An 11 second supercharged Marauder? Dude that is radical! And silver!! That would be tempting if it were low mileage. I'd just have to convince my wife that it came from the factory that radical. :D

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 06:59 AM
If you want a little info on my car, it only has 23k miles on it, and the previous owner were a mid 50's couple that I know here in my town and cared for it very well. All I have on the car right now is a JLT intake, Xcal2, mufflers/non resonated tips. It's in immaculate condition.

Professor
05-10-2007, 07:07 AM
If you want a little info on my car, it only has 23k miles on it, and the previous owner were a mid 50's couple that I know here in my town and cared for it very well. All I have on the car right now is a JLT intake, Xcal2, mufflers/non resonated tips. It's in immaculate condition.

What is Xcal2? Is that an X pipe? (I need to be able to pass NC emissions). How's the paint? Dents ... scratches?? Pictures? (BTW - Sent you an e-mail with more pictures of the Bullitt).

What is an "03A"?

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Xcal2 is a tune. That's all. The paint is good, I use nothing but Zaino/Mother's/Meguiar's. No dents, or scratches. I'll e-mail you some pictures.

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 07:13 AM
The '03 stands for 2003, A stands for the first version of the Marauder. The A's are different from the B's. The A's have a full size spare, map pockets, dash clock, locking fuel door. (Am I forgetting anything guys?)

fastblackmerc
05-10-2007, 07:23 AM
(I need to be able to pass NC emissions)

Where in NC are you located? I'm in the Triangle area.

Professor
05-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Where in NC are you located? I'm in the Triangle area.

I'm in Greenville, about an hour from the Triangle.

jim geary
05-10-2007, 07:39 AM
The '03 stands for 2003, A stands for the first version of the Marauder. The A's are different from the B's. The A's have a full size spare, map pockets, dash clock, locking fuel door. (Am I forgetting anything guys?) Don't forget the CD player.:)

Professor
05-10-2007, 07:39 AM
I am not in a big hurry on this one. So we can discuss how this would occur. Everything is subject to the wife's approval (sorry guys). I've never swapped cars before, but I thought it made sense to go through an enthusiast site (with the theory that people who post here care more about their cars) than go directly to a dealer.

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Well, count me as #1. I gotta talk it over with my father and see if he approves, as he loves the MM just as much as I do. Did you get my last email?

Professor
05-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, count me as #1. I gotta talk it over with my father and see if he approves, as he loves the MM just as much as I do. Did you get my last email?

Yep. Sure did. Replied to it. Unless a silver one with less than 30,000 shows up to the party, you have first dibs. I won't work any deals without letting you know first.

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Will do thanks. You have mail again.

Peter
05-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Yep. Sure did. Replied to it. Unless a silver one with less than 30,000 shows up to the party, you have first dibs. I won't work any deals without letting you know first.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=205803649&dealer_id=56190670&car_year=2004&model=MARAUDER&num_records=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=0&make=MERC&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=01111&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1528

fastblackmerc
05-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Don't forget the CD player.:)

Heated seats, trunk-mounted 6-CD changer & power moonroof were options in 2004.

fastblackmerc
05-10-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm in Greenville, about an hour from the Triangle.

Next time your out this way let me know. PM me & I'll respond with my cell#.

magindat
05-10-2007, 07:52 AM
I am not in a big hurry on this one. So we can discuss how this would occur. Everything is subject to the wife's approval (sorry guys). I've never swapped cars before, but I thought it made sense to go through an enthusiast site (with the theory that people who post here care more about their cars) than go directly to a dealer.

Truer words have never been spoken....

fastblackmerc
05-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Have you driven a Marauder yet? If you want to come out this way (Cary) you can drive mine.

Marauder386
05-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Hmmm...

300a, stock configuration, 35k miles, K+N panel filter in stock air box, Diablo flip chip on ECM...this is RoadPig #2...

8)

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=205803649&dealer_id=56190670&car_year=2004&model=MARAUDER&num_records=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=0&make=MERC&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=01111&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1528

Thanks...:shake: :mad: And, it's not a Cobra engine, I hate when people say that.

Professor
05-10-2007, 09:20 AM

Nice car, but willingness to trade is what will make the deal. Besides, this guy wants $24K straight up for his car.

Professor
05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Have you driven a Marauder yet? If you want to come out this way (Cary) you can drive mine.

Thanks for the offer. Actually, I haven't driven one. I drove a Marquis (what a floating boat that was), but I assume the suspension modifications make it a bit different.

Professor
05-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Hmmm...

300a, stock configuration, 35k miles, K+N panel filter in stock air box, Diablo flip chip on ECM...this is RoadPig #2...

8)

Color? Pictures?

Raudermaster
05-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Ron, a CV/GM handles nothing like an MM. Much tighter, more responsive etc.

Professor
05-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Good to know about the handling. I'm sure it would be an adjustment after the razor sharp Bullitt. Ahhh. The compromises of a family man. All I can say to you young guys is to drive those cramped sports cars while you can ... when life happens, they just aren't practical anymore. Then you find yourself looking at the tradeoffs. Then again, the Marauder isn't that much of a trade-off.

Marauder386
05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Color? Pictures?

Black...pictures inna couple a minutes...

:cool:

2:42 EST ...

Got pics, cant attach cuz they are too big ! Go figure...

8)

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks...:shake: :mad: And, it's not a Cobra engine, I hate when people say that.

He said, derived from the cobra engine. It is basically the old(99,01) cobra engine, 32V DOHC N/A. :cool4:

fastblackmerc
05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Ron, a CV/GM handles nothing like an MM. Much tighter, more responsive etc.
Plus the DOHC beats the snot out of the SOHC......

Professor
05-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Black...pictures inna couple a minutes...

2:42 EST ...

Got pics, cant attach cuz they are too big ! Go figure...

8)

Send 'em via personal e-mail.

Professor
05-10-2007, 12:07 PM
No silver Marauders interested??

SID210SA
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM
You have a very nice Stang there.....I love green, and you will be happy in a Silver Birch....they are, after all, the best and fastest color!!:P ;) :D

Professor
05-10-2007, 12:46 PM
You have a very nice Stang there.....I love green, and you will be happy in a Silver Birch....they are, after all, the best and fastest color!!:P ;) :D

Sounds like Bullitt owners discussing which is best, Black, True Blue or Dark Highland Green. The answer is obvious ... McQueen's only came in DHG. :D

Marauder386
05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds like Bullitt owners discussing which is best, Black, True Blue or Dark Highland Green. The answer is obvious ... McQueen's only came in DHG. :D

Amen ! And PM sent to you...

Professor
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Well fellas, at this time it looks like the wife is going to nix a trade. :o Apparently, she's a little hesitant to let me get rid of my beloved Bullitt (as impractical a family car as it is). She may come around in a few days, but I don't want to string any of you along who have already expressed interest. Honestly, as much as she gripes about the Bullitt being a single man's car, she wasn't too keen on me getting rid of it. Thanks again to those who have expressed interest. It's not out of the question ... it will just take a little more persuasion on my part. ;) You married fellas know what happens if you make a move with out the wive's seal of approval. :argue:

Marauder386
05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Amen again to you Sir ! No problem here...lines of communication are open and you have my personal E - mail ...

(( Yah wantz me tah drop one off for a one-week "test drive " ? :D ))

Professor
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Amen again to you Sir ! No problem here...lines of communication are open and you have my personal E - mail ...

(( Yah wantz me tah drop one off for a one-week "test drive " ? :D ))

:D He He.... How about an extended test drive??

But seriously, thanks again and I do have your personal information. Are all of your Marauder's black?

Tom Doan
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Do what I did, give the 'stang to the wife and get the sled, kids are cheap 'till they are 10 and then they turn into land sharks. Do it now or regret it later. Tom

Marauder386
05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
:D He He.... How about an extended test drive??

But seriously, thanks again and I do have your personal information. Are all of your Marauder's black?

They all are. I will stop collecting them when I get my hands onna nice BLUE one. Till then, Black, '03 300a, between March and August '02 build....

knine
05-11-2007, 05:24 AM
;) You married fellas know what happens if you make a move with out the wive's seal of approval. :argue:

Us single guys know also. Xanthippe !!!!:eek:

Glenn
05-11-2007, 06:00 AM
I hate to see guys give up beautiful unusual cars for this reason. You will always regret it. My advise - keep the Bullitt and buy a used CV or GM. They are very reasonable and great for a family.

Glenn

Professor
05-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I hate to see guys give up beautiful unusual cars for this reason. You will always regret it. My advise - keep the Bullitt and buy a used CV or GM. They are very reasonable and great for a family.

Glenn

I hear you. The Bullitt is my pride and joy (besides the kids). I go to the garage sometimes for no other reason than to wipe her down and look at her. Hard to explain that kind of feeling to someone who isn't a car enthusiast.

I went with my Dad to buy an 06 GTO (a grand am on steroids). The customers and salespeople were gathering around the Bullitt and asking questions. That's the fun part about owning something a little out of the ordinary like a Bullitt or a Marauder. Plus there's that :censor: -eating grin you get everytime you take her for a spin. :D

Raudermaster
05-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Ron now that I think of it I agree with Glenn. You can pick up a great used LX Sport Vic for good money. Even an HPP CV/GM and you'll be more than happy with it.

Professor
05-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I am doing research and thinking hard about doing this. My ideal Marauder has a spoiler, black (dark charcoal interior) and a sunroof and low mileage. None of those are deal breakers (except mileage) and I am open about color.

If I do it, I will probably pull the trigger some time in August (just in time to play Mr. Mom with my two kids again without piling them into the back of the Stang).

ncmm
06-01-2007, 05:57 PM

Ooooh, a Bullitt for trade. . .nice. I'm kinda lucky. . .I have both, see my gallery.

Best of luck finding the Marauder of your dreams! I'm sure whoever gets the Bullitt will be very happy too!

Professor
06-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Ooooh, a Bullitt for trade. . .nice. I'm kinda lucky. . .I have both, see my gallery.

Best of luck finding the Marauder of your dreams! I'm sure whoever gets the Bullitt will be very happy too!

Lucky dawg!! I'm jealous of the silver birch Marauder. Beautiful car.

ncmm
06-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Lucky dawg!! I'm jealous of the silver birch Marauder. Beautiful car.
Thank you! I love my Marauder! :D I hope you get the chance to own one!

DEFYANT
06-02-2007, 10:35 PM
FWIW, I was in the exact same boat. I sold off the Cobra and dumped the money I got into the Marauder. I miss the Cobra, but the Marauder can kick its azz all over the track and back! :D

ncmm
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
FWIW, I was in the exact same boat. I sold off the Cobra and dumped the money I got into the Marauder. I miss the Cobra, but the Marauder can kick its azz all over the track and back! :D

. . .and that's why it's good to be a Silver Birch Marauder :cool:

Professor
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM

I doubt I'll modify the Merc to the level necessary to eat a Terminator Cobra for lunch. I'll probably keep it NA. However, you can bet that some modest mods like 4.10's, JLT CAI, a tune, underdrive pulleys, etc. will make its way to the car.

Jblue21
06-13-2007, 02:05 PM
i have a black 04 with only 14500 miles on it, orignal owner. xcalibratorsct tune and 4.10 gears both done by thee lidio, and air intake system. I'm looking to sell if for the right price and i like that bullit alot but dont know if its a even trade...private me if u want to tak about it

Hi folks. I have a 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT in Dark Highland Green (one of about 3000 in this color) that I want to trade for a Mercury Marauder. I love my Bullitt (more about it in a second), but I have two kids (one being a newborn boy) and the Mustang just doesn't have enough room. The Marauder is a nice compromise between the performance of the Mustang and the practicality of a Marquis. I would be willing to trade (we can negotiate whether some additional cash on my part needs to change hands - i.e. the Bullitt plus some cash for a Marauder) for any 2003 or 2004 Marauder with less than 45,000 miles that has been cared for by a enthusiast. The closer to stock the better and I would entertain all colors.

Now, more about the Bullitt. As most of you, being car enthusiasts, probably know, the Bullitt edition Mustang GT was a limited edition tribute to the 1968 Mustang GT driven by Steve McQueen in the classic car chase movie Bullitt. Ford produced 5800 of these, only in 2001. Most are in the more desirable Dark Highland Green (the same color as the McQueen car), though a few are in True Blue (about 800 units) and Black (about 1200 units). Only Dark Highland Green was unique to the Bullitt and no other Mustang has been available in that color since. The Bullitt edition is more than a set of emblems, it is a substantially different car from a Mustang GT. Ford consulted with Jack Roush to design a car that had both increased power and handling prowess over the standard GT. The Bullitt is lowered by 1 inch (with improved spring rates) compared to the GT and includes several specific suspension modifications including bigger sway bars unique to the Bullitt, revalved Tokico adjustable gas shocks, wider tires, subframe connectors (frame rail connectors). The brakes are 13 inch rotors clamped by Brembo calipers (with a unique Cardinal red color and Mustang pony emblems). The car has increased hp and torq ratings over the standard GT of 275hp/315ft-lbs respectively. The exhausts are unique to the Bullitt GT which are specially tuned to acheive the notorious "Bullitt sound" with rolled exhaust tips. An upgraded Tremec 5-speed was the only tranny available. Though mine has never been to the drag strip, Car Enthusiast magazines have gotten a range of quarter mile times from 13.56 to 14.10 from brand new bone stock Bullitts depending on the driver. The exterior has several features that are unique to the Bullitt including a unique C-pillar, unique quarter window glass, unique side-scoops, unique rocker moldings, brushed aluminum fuel filler door, Bullitt badgng, blacked out grilled coral, clearcoat paint under the hood and a delete of the rear spoiler. Like the Marauder, the interior is a throwback to 60's musclecars with a "heritage instrument cluster" (unique to the Bullitt), brushed aluminum accents (pedals, shifter ball, shifter ring, door lock soldiers, sill plates (that say Bullitt), uniquely stitched charcoal leather seats, serialized special edition identification. Overall, the package was a $3,700 addition to the standard GT (most were sold at a premium over MSRP). There was only one option, the Mach 460 sound system with 6 CD changer (which mine has).

My Bullitt is number 4026 and has 41,000 miles. I am the second owner. The original owner bought it in western NC and had it serviced entirely at the dealer with all records. It has been garaged its entire life. I am a Professor in Eastern North Carolina and keep the car garaged driving it once or twice a week. The paint is immaculate and absent of dings and scratches. The car is basically stock with performance modifications limited to a Hurst Pro-billet Plus shifter mechanism, a hurst shifter stalk and classic musclecar white shifter ball (the original shifter stalk and brushed alumininum ball will be provided to the new owner). Cosmetically, the only changes that have been made include tasteful billet aluminum touches on the interior (HVAC controls, wiper stalk, headlight knob & radio knob). Modifications to the exterior are limited to a chin spoiler from the Mach 1 edition of the Mustang and brushed aluminum bumper inserts on the rear bumper. The interior is immaculate with no rips or tears or obvious signs of wear. I do not eat or drink in the car and it is a non-smoker of a car. The car is tight with no squeaks or rattles and runs like new. It gets only synthetic oil and 93 octane Amoco fuel. Though I have ran the car at WOT a handful of times, I usually shift at around 2000 to 2500 rpms in all gears. Just listening to her unique grumble is enough for me.

I looked all over the country for this car and saw cars with far less mileage that weren't in half as good of shape. If I told you that it had only 10,000 miles on it, you would believe it in a heart beat. I love this car and hate to get rid of it. The wife is just not amenable to getting a third car for no more miles than I drive and the Mustang just isn't comfortable for my 7 year old daughter and newborn boy.

Contact me via e-mail and I'll entertain all reasonable trade proposals (Marauder for Bullitt ... not interested in other vehicles or trade property). I am partial to silver Marauders, but also like the other colors. Lower mileage is more appealing for obvious reasons. Not interested in highly modified (i.e. supercharged) Marauders though have no problem with most bolt ons (e.g., gears, CAI, exhausts, etc.).

Pictures of my Stang follow (and they don't do the car justice)-More higher resolution images are available via e-mail:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt09.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt12.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt11.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt02.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt07.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt03.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/beachdoc/Bullitt14.jpg

Raudermaster
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM
He traded the Bullitt for an MM chief.