PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

ctrlraven
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Mid March I had replaced my front brakes with some EBC slotted/dimple rotors and their green stuff pads. So far I am half way pleased with them. At speeds 45mph it will stop very quickly but anything over that they seem like they can't handle it. I had the brake system flushed and they seemed a little better but since day one they have been making a very slight rubbing sound that I can hear while driving in the middle of no where and when I go to brake they squeal sometimes.

This past weekend I took everything apart, cleaned and re-greased the guide pins it seemed ok for the first 24 hrs but still does the same thing. I wonder if the rotors are bad or maybe I just need to change to a different brake pad. Also I don't have the KVR SS lines installed but that is something I had planned on getting this month.

crouse
05-10-2007, 08:49 AM
I purchased the EBC kit from Dennis Reinhart but haven't installed them yet. I think the pads have a break-in coating. Are you past that layer yet?

ctrlraven
05-10-2007, 08:59 AM
You know I didn't even check that. I remember when the shop next door installed them I saw they had a coating on them. I've got about 2K miles on them already so I would guess its past the coating but it might not be. I'll have to pull them again this weekend and check. I believe the ones DR sells are the Yellow Stuff pads which are a step up from my Green Stuff pads that are just for street use.

Mike
05-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I have the EBC brake kit, but I used the NAPA pads (can't remember the part number) and I've had no problems at all.

Zack
05-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Fronts: CMX7834

Rears: CMX7835

Mike
05-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Fronts: CMX7834

Rears: CMX7835

ctrlraven
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
If I switch the pads, would I need to do anything to the rotor, like get it checked? Not sure if the EBC Green Stuff pads damaged them or not.

Dan19063
05-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I know on the box or in the box for the ebc rotors it says some noise is normal with these rotors. I have them also but have not put them on yet. I will be putting them on this comming weekend